Damaged Raven

By Luc1anjames

Dumbledore was surprised when Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, came to Hogwarts. He expected a saviour, what... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68

chapter 15

4K 139 17
By Luc1anjames

"Fine" Harry sighed in annoyance, Shadow who was sat on his shoulder had made a noise that suggested he was also in a similar mood to his master. Currently Harry found himself being in the common room helping Delphi with her homework, by helping he meant trying to explain the bloody thing "okay look, it's really simple. The magic forced through your wand will alter the shape and size of the object, the more magic you put in, the more the powerful the change. However, the problem with that is when people focus on power they forget detail and other stuff like that. So stronger lasts longer but technique and skill will make it better, understand?"

"I think so" Delphi nodded as she moved onto the next question "just one last question, is this charm supposed to have a counter-clockwise wand movement or clockwise?"

"Neither, you just jab it" Harry replied "although some twist their wrists slightly to the right to make it lighter"

"Thanks" Delphi smiled as she wrote it down "and I'm done. Thank you Professor Potter" She joked

"You're welcome and that's ten point for being an annoying little idiot"

"You're mean" Delphi frowned, not really hurt by his words, he says similar things every day

"You're unobservant if you've only just noticed." Harry now frowned, wondering if he should take her to get checked at the hospital wing for memory charms

Tom Riddle AKA Voldemort, or at least the piece of his soul inside the diary that Ginny Weasley was holding, was quite excited. He had managed to get control over the girl, sadly he had to spend a lot of time listening to the silly little creature babble and go on and on about mean brothers, school and how she had a crush on the boy-who-lived and then saw how he wasn't anything like he expected.

The last part interested him.

The boy-who-lived, that's what they called him, a boy who had apparently defeated the future version of himself while only being a baby. He had doubts, he was a great wizard so it was unlikely that he was defeated by a mere infant. However, that wasn't to say that the Potter boy didn't interest him, he still wanted to know what happened. Also he remembered the girls description of him, a boy who would apparently look quite handsome if not for the burn and scratch marks on his face. A prodigy who was the best in nearly every subject, yes, yes he would keep an eye on him.

Anyway he had to focus, he had control of the girl for a limited amount of time, if he was going to release the basilisk then he had better it quick. He got into the chamber of secrets, or he had the girl go in there if you want to be more accurate, he had just entered the chamber. He walked up to the giant statue of Slytherin.

"Speak to me Slytherin, greatest of the four" Tom, through Ginny's body, spoke in parsletounge. A few seconds later the mouth opened and the basilisk slithered out, Tom kept the girl's eyes closed. Annoying as she is, she was valuable for the moment

"Who are you?" The basilisk asked, deciding if it should eat the little girl in front of it

"I am Lord Voldemort, I am speaking through the mind of this girl. I had you attack a girl years ago, now it is time to finish the job. Go and kill"

"No"

"What do you mean no?!" Tom hissed

"It means no, I do not serve you. My allegiance belongs to someone else"

"Who?!" Tom demanded

"That'd be me dipshit" A voice called, Tom's/Ginny's head turned around quickly and saw a boy standing there. Tom recognised who it was, he could tell by the burns.

"Ah, Harry Potter"

"Hello, you're not the Weasley girl are you?" Harry responded in parsletounge, shocking Tom, he then continued in normal English "Or maybe you are and puberty has just fucked up you voice?"

"You dare to talk to me like that?"

"You're in an eleven year old's body, you look about as threatening as...well an eleven year old. Now shut it, I'm deducing. You're not a metamorphamaugus or shape shifter, are you? No, you would've changed back the second you thought you were alone. You're not using poly juice either, your eyes are read while the rest of you looks the same. You're not her evil twin are you?"

"You don't know who I am, do you?" Tom sneered, though it wasn't quite as effective while using the face of an elven year old girl "Foolish child, I am Lord Voldemort"

"Really?" Harry's eyes widened slightly "Not how I pictured us meeting if I'm honest, I expected you to be taller."

"Make your jokes" Tom/Ginny's hand went for the wand in her pocket, but it was ripped away the second it was picked up

"You forgot Voldie" Harry said as he caught the wand "You might be a great fighter, but you're currently in an the body of an eleven year old. That means the same speed and reactions of an elven year old."

"You will pay for this Potter!" Tom growled

"Not today" Harry yawned "I'm tired" Harry lazily shot a stunner which knocked Ginny out, he walked over and picked up the book that she held "hey, do us a favour and bite this" Harry said to the Basilisk as he tossed the book up in the air, the basilisk quickly bit down on the book in mid-air. Before spitting it out, leaving it to lie on the floor. "Thanks" Harry said before he burnt the remains. He aimed his wand at Ginny's head.

Ginny Weasley yawned as she woke up in her bed, she didn't really remember going to sleep, ah well, she's awake now. Ginny got up and began her day, not knowing or remembering the fact that she no longer had a diary.

"Now gather around people" Lockhart said as he stood on top of the duelling platform in the hall, Harry had originally been pretty excited about a duelling club and actually willingly attended the damn thing. His rare show of enthusiasm was stomped down quickly, viciously and without mercy when he realised that Lockhart was the one in charge of it.

"I will pay you anything" Harry whispered to Delphi "let me kill him"

"Can you all see me?" Lockhart asked "Good, now I have permission from Dumbledore to start this little duelling club"

"I will kill him too" Harry vowed to himself under his breath

"Now assisting me with this today is Professor Flitwick" Lockhart gestured to Professor Flitwick who walked up to the Platform and waved at everyone, even though some people struggled to see him from the back "he'll be assisting me in a 'short' demonstration today" Lockhart said, Flitwick didn't show any outward effect from Lockhart making fun of his height other than a slight tightening of his wand hand "don't worry, you'll still have our charms Professor once I'm done" Lockhart winked and smiled and Harry was fighting every part of his being that commanded he yell the words 'kill him' or do the deed himself.

Lockhart and Flitwick bowed to each other, they turned and took ten paces away before getting into duelling positions. Lockhart's position was pretty ridiculous and not very effective, while Flitwick's position reduced his target area by standing sideways and allowed for him to shoot spells quickly, showing he really was a former duelling champion.

"One" Lockhart began counting "two...three!"

"Expelliarmus!" Flitwick yelled and a beam shot from his wand and hit Lockhart dead centre in the chest, Lockhart flew back just as his wand flew out of his hands and he landed with a heavy thump.

"He's still alive" Harry groaned "I wanted one thing today"

"Stop complaining" Delphi elbowed him

"Why should I?" Harry said as he lazily slapped Delphi on the back of the head

"Ah, thank you Professor Flitwick" Lockhart said as he stood up and picked up his wand, he walked with that annoying smile "thank you for demonstrating but I think it was rather obvious what you were doing and all too easy to stop you if I had wanted to"

"Well why don't we do it again and you can stop me this time?" Flitwick suggested with a small yet challenging time

"W...well, maybe later, we don't have much time as of the moment" Lockhart said before turning to the students "now pair up and begin practising"

"Where are you going?" Harry said as he grabbed Delphi who tried to walk away

"W...well I was hoping to practise with someone else" Delphi admitted

"Why?" Harry asked with a knowing look

"Well, other than the fact that I don't fancy getting blasted across the room, I think it'd be good for you to interact with other people."

"I talk to you, Shadow, Fay and two Slytherin girls, how is that not enough?"

"Just try Harry" Delphi sighed

"Fine" Harry sighed back before he slapped her on the back of the head and walked off

"And stop hitting me" She called after him

"No" He said absently without looking at her, his focus was on trying to find someone to partner with, Delphi had partnered up with Fay while Daphne and Tracy partnered up together, the Slytherin's were too scared to even look at him and he was soon going to find himself without a partner. Damn social interactions.

"Don't have a partner yet" A familiar voice said

"Not of yet Granger" Harry bit back a groan

"You can partner with me then"

"If I must" Harry sighed as he turned to face Granger who looked quite confident, he and Granger took out their wands "alright, you go first then"

"Fine" She said with a small smile "expelliarmus" A smaller beam than Flitwick's flew out her wand and hit Harry's hand, causing the wand to drop out of his hand "Not bad if I do say so myself"

"Meh" Harry shrugged as he picked up his wand

"What do you mean meh?!" Hermione demanded

"Could be better, it was alright, that type of stuff" Harry answered as he returned to his position

"I'd like to see you do better" Hermione said in a challenging voice

"Careful what you wish for" Harry said before sending the spell at Hermione, non-verbally, the spell hit her and she went flying backwards as her wand went flying out of her hand. And into Harry's hand, he looks up to realise that he had accidently sent Granger right into Millicent Bulstrode, Millicent looked at him, almost pleading for permission.

Harry, being the responsible and kind person that he was, nodded and conjured a chair for himself to sit in. No sooner than the second before his bum had landed on the chair, Bulstrode and Granger began fighting. Well...it was more Millicent pulling Granger into a head lock and trying to rip out her hair. This had somehow sparked the other Gryffindor's and Slytherin's to fight with each other, Harry saw Ron and Draco get in a few good hits on each other.

Harry barely noticed when Delphi appeared by his side with Tracy and Daphne behind her.

"Huh" Delphi let out a long sigh "next time I'll be your damn partner"

"If it leads to chaos like this then you are bloody forgiven" Harry grinned as he watched

Harry bit his tongue to stop the string of swear words he wanted to unleash, it was Valentines day, not a day that Harry really cared for. But someone, someone with an annoying smile and more make up than all the seventh years, decided that it would be fun to dress up the castle and just generally make everything pick. Harry barely liked the castle as it is but now Lockhart had made it worse somehow.

The prat had also hired some little dwarfs to sing out songs for people. A few people had been thoroughly embarrassed by the songs, boys and girls alike. One even tried to approach Harry at lunch.

"Oi" The dwarf called as he walked towards Harry " 'Arry Potter'"

Harry just ignored him and walked off, he had no interest in listening to people or dwarfs sing. Especially with voices as horrible as their own, it was bad enough that he had to endure Delphi. He also wondered who had sent him a valentines card, he knew it wasn't Delphi, Fay, Tracy or Daphne. He remembered threatening to burn their hair off if they did and they seemed to like their hair so that crossed them off the list. He briefly wondered if Fleur had sent one for him, but he doubted that she even liked him like that. Even if she did, which he doubted, she always sends all of her letters with Shadow and she doesn't even know that Lockhart set this up. In fact she doesn't even know Lockhart.

'Lucky girl' He thought with a lot of jealousy

Now that he thought about it, it was probably the youngest Weasley. He knew she was one of the many fan girls who were beginning to realise that he was no story book hero. If he had to guess, this was probably a last ditch effort to see if it works.

"Oi! Stop!" The dwarf chased after him and Harry's limited patience was running out "Potter! I said stop you little brat! Stop right now or..."

The dwarf got his wish when Harry did stop, his foot slammed on the ground and a curtain of wind rose up around him. He slowly turned around and eyed the dwarf with a deadly stare, his green eyes blazing with his hair swaying in the rather violent wind around him. If this was an anime then the background would've turned red and jagged lines would appear around him.

"Do...you...need something?" Harry asked in a deadly voice that sent shivers up the spines of any nearby Slytherin's, the dwarf suddenly looked very scared and realised that it was perhaps not the best idea

"W...well...I...you have a valentine" The dwarf stuttered as he took a few steps back

"Do you happen to have a death wish to go along with that valentine?" Harry's voice was unnervingly calm

"N...no, not really"

"Then turn around, walk away and move to our next customer because if you approach me again then I will rip your heart out and feed it to my raven before I go around and kill your dwarf brethren and use their bodies for rituals and spell experimentation. Do we have an understanding?"

Harry never got his answer as the dwarf ran off, though he guessed that the answer was yes. His attention was then brought to the sound of clapping, he turned to see Fay, Tracy, Daphne and Delphi clapping at him.

"Nicely done" Daphne said "very terrifying"

"Yeah well..." Harry was about to respond when Shadow flew towards him and handed him a letter "thanks boy" Harry said as he opened the envelope and read it.

"What is it?" Delphi asked

"Fleur is wishing me a happy valentines day" Harry answered as he read over the card

"Oh, that's so adorable!" Delphi squealed "Is that why you didn't want any cards? Reserving yourself for Fleur?"

"Shadow attack" Harry commanded and Shadow launched at Delphi and began pecking her head while Harry took out some parchment and wrote his reply. Once Shadow was done assaulting Delphi, Harry handed it to him and he took off.

A little while later, in Beuaxbaton academy a girl cried into her pillow with joy as she read the response that Harry had given her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.5K 28
Book One Oh man, here we go again. Say hello to the remastered version of my original story but improved, for anyone who wants to read it. This has...
43.4K 1.8K 3
Lighting without thunder. Night without day. One without the other would be unnatural. An anomaly. A warning. A battle cry. Lightning would serve as...
105K 3.3K 50
How would the wizarding world react to a Boy Who Lived who is much different from what they expected? One that is set to change the course of the mag...
1.4K 37 10
Harry Potter did not have the best life growing up with the Dursleys. However, that all changed when he when he is nearly 10 and found out his herita...