Into the Spider-Verse: Son of...

By TheCayde

Bitten by a radioactive spider in the subway, Brooklyn teenager Miles Morales suddenly develops mysterious po... More

Bio
The Prelude to THE Prelude
Gabriel's shocking introduction
Im dead!?
Her friends call her Liv
You're like me
We don't pick the ballroom
Finale: Leap of faith
Let There Be Carnage Cast
LTBC Issue 1: Broken Bonds
Relax and laugh
LTBC Issue 3: He Has One Up His Ass Too!
LTBC Issue 4: Shriek
LTBC Issue 5: Death to you Father
ATSV Cast
ATSV: Father and Son
ATSV: Self Love
ATSV: That hit the Spot

LTBC Issue 2: My Crush Has A Parasite

1.6K 54 37
By TheCayde

(play)
-
Alright people. Let's start at the beginning one last time. My name is Gwen Stacy.

We intercut Gwenom leaping on the rooftops in a motion not vaguely resembling Gabriel and in a slightly different location, but with identical shot language.

And for two and a half years I've been the one and only She-Venom!

Im pretty sure you guys don't know the rest. I became a freelance journalist.

I used to be in a band.

I... watched my dad die.

I nearly killed my best friend/crush, Gabriel O'Hara.

So now I save everyone else... well I try too. And I don't do friend or romance anymore. Just to avoid any distractions.

Cut to Gwen walking down the street, all alone, with her hands in pockets.

A part of me still blames myself for letting my anger control me. Maybe then I wouldn't have hurt him... I mean, I have a parasite as my roommate.

PARASITE?!

Well it's the truth!

Well then. I apologize for helping you nearly rip your crush's head off.

Can...Can I go back to the introduction please?

Mmmm... fine.

Thank you-

By the way readers Gwen has a picture of Gabriel which in her alone time she-

The scene suddenly glitches cutting off Venom showing Gwen watching the Romcom movie; Jerry McGuire as the scene with Tom Cruise and Renée Zellweger kissing reflects in her sad eyes.

I miss him... but I don't miss him, miss him to the point where I'm crying over a dumb Tom Cruise movie while eating a tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

The scene glitches to exactly that.

Im so stupid!

GAH! Ignore that. Everything was fine and dandy until, we met him...

Cuts to Gwen walking into toward a cell in the prison room in San Quentin Prison talking to Cletus Kassidy.

Cletus: Hi, Gwendolyne.

Gwen: Okay he's using my full name. Hey. Do you mind if we forego the whole creepy serial killer thing here?

Cletus: Sure, it's good with me. I mean, I can turn it on if you want. I can talk about the Dadaist patterns of arterial spray.

Gwen: I bet you can.

Cletus: It's tough to see you in this light, Gwenny. Come on over.

Gwen: All right.

She walked up a bit closer to the cell.

Gwen: I'm here. So tell me... why'd you do it?

Cletus: Do what?

Gwen: Why'd you kill my friend's parents?

Cletus: You're gonna have to be a little bit more specific Gwenny. I've killed a lot of people.

Gwen: Miguel O'Hara and Xina Kwan. Why'd you kill them?

Cletus: Ahhh... the O'Haras. What can I say? It was a slow Friday. Y'know they were always my favorite victims, their screams were oh so... satisfying. Sadly I only had half the set, their little boy wasn't there to join Mommy and Daddy. Tell me Gwenny... are you doing this, so you can try and win your friend heart back?

Venom: You son of a bitch!

Gwen is suddenly being pulled towards a prisoner with a set of black tentacles, slamming her into the prison bars. The prisoner took this opportunity to bite Gwen as the guards run in pulling her away.

Cletus: I have tasted blood before, my friend, and that is not it. Gwen Stacy has a big secret!

Venom: That may have been a mistake.

Gwen: Shut up.

Gwen walks out of the cell quickly as the prisoner only chuckled maniacally.

Cletus: Oh Gwenny... you don't even know the half of it. Because, when I get out of here and I will, there's gonna be carnage.

The man known as Cletus Kassidy... a serial killer who murdered my best friend's parents is being put on death row... only problem is he's being shipped back to New York.

So Gwen took this opportunity to use this just so she can hope that she'll get with Gabriel.

No... he invited us. But I do wanna see Gabe again. You wanna know what happened next? Me too.

The scene glitches to view of New York City as music played over the view.
-

(Play at 0:56)
-

We glitch to a street where Gwen wearing some a winter coat is shown walking to reach a diner. She mentally re-reads her lines for when she sees Gabriel again.

Gwen: Hi. My name is Gwen Stacy. But you already know that since you know me because we went to school together... and lived together, but I... I am so sorry for what happened in the past. What'd you say chum do you wanna start anew? How's that sound?

Venom: Chum...? Really?

Gwen: I'm not very good at this... what'd I say? You like jazz?

Venom: Absolutely not. What you need to do is relax. And don't say anything stupid that'll cost your one and only shot.

Gwen: Please. Im a freelance journalist, I know what's stupid to say and what's not stupid to say.

Gwen walks into the diner and looks around for Gabriel.

Venom: Just don't do anything stupid alright? I want this this to work because Im tired of you crying every night eating ice cream, while watching Jerry McGuire. It's embarrassing...

Gwen: I know...

Venom: No I mean like really embarrassing. Seriously Gwen, out of all of the Rom-Com's you can watch. You choose Jerry McGuire, it wasn't even Tom Cruise's best movie! Top Gun was his best movie! If you want to watch a good Rom-Com then watch The Proposal, mmm I love me some Sandra Bullock... I'm sorry I lost my train of thought what were we talking about?

Gwen: You were telling me not to do or say anything stupid.

Venom: Oh right! Don't do anything stupid Gwen!

Gwen nods at the voice in head, she moved her head around trying to find her old friend. Until she sees Gabriel with a waiter ordering something. He turns and notices her. He stands up and waves at her.

Gwen sees him and how's he's changed and blushes.

Gwen: 'OH NO HES HOT!'

Venom: Calm down your hearts skyrocketing!

She shakes off the thoughts then walks over to the booth sitting across from Gabriel. There's a was a brief and awkward silence until the waiter walks over with pen and pad ready to write down their orders.

Waiter: What would you two like today?

Gabriel and Gwen: A cheeseburger please.

They looked at each other then laugh. Gabriel rubbed the back of his nape while Gwen was looking around the diner... this was extremely awkward knowing one tried to kill the other in the past.

Gabriel and Gwen: So... Oh, you go first.

Gabriel: 'Man this is awkward... what'd I say? You like jazz? No-that's stupid!'

The waiter returns placing two plates of cheeseburgers and fries leaving them to enjoy their meal now. Gabriel grabs his burger but stops as his face, was a bit surprised as he watched Gwen stuff her face; Gabriel watches, and clears his throat getting her attention.

Gabriel: Quite the appetite huh?

Gwen: I miss these burgers. Cali, doesn't even have this place, which sucked. I don't know why. I really don't.

Gabriel: So... how is uhh... California?

Gwen: It's pretty good. It's like New York only without the constant threat of annihilation from mutants, no superhero civil wars, and planet eating aliens. How's... ESU been?

Gabriel: It's pretty good... the gang misses you. MJ, Hobie, Petra, Flash... me.

Gwen's eyes lit up at the mention of him missing her. She smiled and was about to speak until the next words silence her.

Gabriel: Oh and Anya too of course.

Her face immediately dropped at the mentioned of Anya as Venom speaks.

Venom: Who is this Anya?

Gwen: Anya huh? Does she... y'know... know about your job?

Gabriel played around with his straw averting eye contact with Gwen a bit embarrassed.

Gabriel: Uh... yeah. She's my person in the chair.

Gwen: I'm guessing you trusted her enough to just just tell her your New York's one and only arachnid themed hero?

Gabriel: Actually it was an accident really. See here's what happened.

Cut to a flashback as Gabriel was shown climbing up his apartment building, still clad in his Spider-Man suit and dodging windows. He slides the top of his bedroom window open and looks inside. Seeing he was in the clear.

Gabriel climbs into the bedroom via his ceiling and closes the window with his foot. He pulls off his mask, throws it away, and crawls across the ceiling. Trying to make no sound, he pushes the door close and hops down to the floor. We hear a quiet click as the door latch slides into place.

Gabriel makes a turn to find Anya sitting on his bed. Shocked, mouth agape. Her books crashes to the ground and notes spread out around the floor.

Gabriel: Don't freak out-

Anya: You're Spider-Man.

Gabriel: I don't know what you're talking about.

He presses the spider emblem on his chest. The suit becomes baggy and falls down from his body.

Anya: You were on the ceiling.

Gabriel: No, I wasn't. Anya, what are you doing in my room?

Anya: I let myself in. You said you were gonna help me finish Dr. Conner's science homework.

Gabriel: I was but you can't just bust into my room!

Anya: Wait. Wait. Wait. Does that mean the Stark Internship program was a hoax?

Gabriel: Not entirely...

Anya: So let get this straight, while we were in school hitting the books, you were out there hitting crooks?!

Cut to Gabriel putting on pants thinking for moment then nods to her.

Gabriel: Has a nice catch to it, don't you think?

With no answer. Gabriel gets his Spider-Man suit and tosses it in his closet, then puts the mask in his dresser. And Anya finally speaks out.

Anya: What the fu-!?

Cut to the present where Gwen looked a tad bit surprised and Gabriel chuckles a bit. The waiter comes back putting two bills down, set for some reason Gwen still felt uneasy.

Gwen: So... your work hasn't put her in danger has it?

Gabriel: What do you mean?

Gwen leans towards him with a serious expression.

Gwen: Don't play dumb Gabe. You can't just drag Anya or our friends into your little web adventures without knowing there's risks.

Gabriel: You don't think I know that Gwen? I told her to stay out of it but she was persistent. What are you getting out of this Gwen?

Gwen's hands slowly balled into a fist.

Gwen: You need to realize that your powers are a curse. Everyone you try so hard to protect dies! You killed Harry.

Gabriel: I didn't kill Harry. That serum Norman injected both into him and Peter did.

Gwen: Then why haven't you find a cure for Peter then? When are you gonna give comfort to May and Petra and save Peter? How many more people have to die before you realize that your not meant to be a hero?

Venom: GWEN!

Gwen eyes widen at his voice as it pans to Gabriel looking down in sadness.

Gabriel: This isn't about Harry or Peter. It's about Captain Stacy's death isn't it...?

Gwen: Gabe wait I...

He then takes his wallet out placing a couple of bucks before standing up and putting on his jacket.
-

(Play at 0:10)
-
He looked back at Gwen one last time and walked out the diner. Gwen sighed and puts her head on the table in defeat.

Venom: Smooth.

Gwen: Oh shut up.

She puts a few bucks down and runs out the diner looking around for Gabriel, she spots him walking with hands in his pocket as she starts following him down, gently pushing by ongoing citizens she sees him walk down a alleyway, right in pursuit Gwen picks up speed turning down the alley, when she got there Gabriel had vanished.

She cursed underneath her breath as she looks around for him only to hear a crowd of people cheering and clapping. Walking out the alley she watched Gabriel in his suit web sling past the people following a group of police cars.

Gwen: Good job Gwen. You managed to get him to hate you even more.

Venom: To quote RDJ... you went full r*tard.

Gwen: Let's... just go back to the hotel.

She begins walking with her hands in her pocket looking disappointed. The scene glitches to later that night to where we find Gabriel perching on a fire exit high above the ground and watching over a neighborhood. The conversation he had with Gwen began to haunt him, was he really at fault for Captain Stacy dying? Was he putting Anya in danger?

Gabriel sighed and looked over to a building with a family graffitied on the wall. This was a art piece Gabriel did himself after his parents were murdered on that faithful day. The words underneath it said:

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Gabriel: I miss you guys... I just wish, I can have one last chance at actually talking to you again. Goodnight mom. Goodnight dad.

Gabriel extends his hand and swings off into the city but not realizing he's been stalked by another Spider-Man who looked exactly like him but bigger and buffer. A A.I. arrived next to him and speaks.

Lyla: Don't do it Miguel.

Miguel: He's my son. He needs me.

Lyla: Miggy. I understand... your still grieving over him and Gabriella but Gabe needs to do this himself, out of all the Spider-Men he has the longest Canon Event and we disrupt his canon, you can lose him as well.

Miguel doesn't respond just stares down the graffiti as Lyla glitches to his side.

Lyla: Kid's just like you... except he knows how to crack a joke once and a while, and smiles. Seriously you gotta smile Miggy.

Miguel: Don't call me that. And yeah... he really is a mini me.

*TO BE CONTINUED*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

===============================

=============================================================

Kept ya waiting didn't I?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 716 24
Miles is left alone, as the imminent death of his father approaches and the revenge of the Spot. He's been betrayed by his friends. He's a fugitive i...
230K 10K 27
ˏˋ°‒*β€βž· π’π”π’ππˆπ‚πˆπŽπ”π’ πŒπˆππƒπ’ # πŸ•ΈπŸͺ’πŸ”­ -', ΰΌ„ βͺ πš‚π™Ώπ™Έπ™³π™΄πš-𝙼𝙰𝙽 : π™°π™²πšπ™Ύπš‚πš‚ πšƒπ™·π™΄ πš‚π™Ώπ™Έπ™³π™΄πš-πš…π™΄πšπš‚π™΄ ❫ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ 𝗢�...
465K 15.9K 34
γ€ŽβMiles Morales x Seme Male Readerβžγ€ *Mega Spoiler Warning* M/n L/n is the Spiderman of his own dimension. While out saving the day, he was taken int...
35.3K 440 13
Now stuck in a different earth, Miles must find his way back home to save his dad from the canon event. Will he succeed in stopping The Spot from des...