Still falling for you

By BinJinFF

What happens when two people from completely different worlds fall in love? Seri is a wealthy, impulsive woma... More

Character Sketch
Chapter 1: Fire and Ice
Chapter 2: Your Heart Got a Story With Mine
Chapter 3: Choi Jun Seo
Chapter 4: Your heart got me feeling so fine
Chapter 5: Your heart got me hurting at times
Chapter 6: I'm in
Chapter 7: I'm in - 2
Chapter 8: No one can lift me the way that you do
Chapter 9: This love is like rain and blue skies
Chapter 10: Love you like this
Chapter 11: With every breath a new day
Chapter 12: You are all for me
Chapter 13: With love on the line
Chapter 14: With love on the line 2
Chapter 15: Falling, crash into my arms
Chapter 16: And just like that
Chapter 17: Falling, crash into my arms 2
Chapter 18: All I feel
Chapter 19: With love on the line 3
Chapter 20: All I feel is you
Chapter 22: Never Let Go
Chapter 23: And just like that 2
Chapter 24: What if we both would need more
Chapter 25: This love is like sun on the rise

Chapter 21: Catch me the way that you do

910 32 23
By BinJinFF

Hello Guys!!

Ok, 10.5K words are not a joke. I thought it was easy to finish them in a week, but it took the usual time (3 weeks). I am sorry I wasn't able to post the chapter quicker than that.

Hopefully, you will like this chapter :)

Thank you so much for the comments and votes. 💕💕💕

.

.

.

Midday, before the phone call the Ri's household received...

Seo Dan and Seung Joon had previously agreed to divide the tasks for buying the furniture. Each one took responsibility for specific areas. Initially, Seri and Seo Dan took the lead, with Jeong Hyeok and Seung Joon following closely behind, offering their opinions and occasional suggestions as they explored the stores. And when it was time for Seung Joon and Jeong Hyeok to choose items for their assigned spaces, the ladies happily stepped back. They observed, enjoying the sight of their men getting excited about each potential purchase, especially for the outdoor area.

Unbeknownst to them, the same old lady who saw them in the park (Hae-Ran), Eun Ji's mother, followed them to the mall along with Yura. She was observing their interactions from a distance and following their every move. Yura was unaware of what was happening, so she followed her grandmother, thinking that it was a game they were playing with some nice people.

Jeong Hyeok proposed a visit to a specific store specializing in kitchen essentials, and Seo Dan eagerly agreed, taking the charge alongside him. Seri and Seung Joon, knowing that they are as useless as a three-year-old in the kitchen, simply followed along without interfering, content to witness Jeong Hyeok and Seo Dan's interaction.

"One second, let me show you the kitchen." Seo Dan quickly retrieved a photo of the kitchen on her phone and shared it with Jeong Hyeok.

"Light palette," they simultaneously exclaimed, exchanging smiles that reflected their shared understanding and excitement.

Amused by the display, Seung Joon turned to Seri and playfully suggested "Let's go for an ice cream. At least we won't feel that useless."

Seri's eyes sparkled with mischievousness as she contemplated the tempting proposition. She glanced at her friend and boyfriend who were busy having a conversation over some box, then looked at Seung Joon and smiled gesturing for him to follow her.

However, before they could act on it, Seo Dan's voice interrupted their actions, and her tone indicated that she was not pleased.

"No one is leaving for ice cream," Seo Dan declared.

Seung Joon and Seri exchanged a quick glance and stood there in their places like two obedient kids. They both nodded in agreement and re-focused their attention on the task at hand.

"Noona get this utensil set. I have it at home and it is actually so good. But make sure it is the stainless steel one." Jeong Hyeok suggested trying to divert Seo Dan's attention and basically, getting his girlfriend out of trouble.

As Seo Dan carefully examined the set. Jeong Hyeok's gaze lingered on his girlfriend. He was captivated by her adorable curiosity to discover the purpose of some weird kitchen gadget she was holding.

A soft chuckle escaped Jeong Hyeok's lips as he watched Seri's focused expression. He found her furrowed brows and concentrated gaze endearing.

Lost in his admiration, Jeong Hyeok didn't notice that Seo Dan was calling him until she waved her hand in front of him.

"Sorry Noona, what were you saying?" he cleared his throat trying so hard to prevent his face from turning red. However, Seo Dan caught him, and she smiled teasingly.

"Yeah sorry to disturb your lingering session" She teased Jeong Hyeok.

"Noona!!" An exasperated Jeong Hyeok exclaimed.

"Who was he staring at?" Seri's voice came from behind after she heard Seo Dan's comment.

She was utterly oblivious that Jeong Hyeok would only get lost in her.

"N...Nothing" Jeong Hyeok stuttered quickly. "Come on Noona Hyung we have a lot to search for" He quickly turned around taking the trolly with him.

Seri gave him a curious look but followed them nonetheless.

.

.

.

As the shopping spree continued, Seri and Jeong Hyeok gradually grew more fatigued, their energy levels falling. While Seri didn't shy away from expressing her exhaustion and urging her friends to call it a day, Jeong Hyeok remained silent. He wanted to help Seo Dan and Seung Joon as much as possible.

"That's it Joon, Dani, we are off for today" Seri announced.

Seung Joon and Seo Dan glanced back at their friends' tired expressions and took pity on them. They both glanced at each other and nodded slightly.

"Let's go have something to drink," Seo Dan suggested out of nowhere, hoping that their friends would just agree without hassle.

Seri let out a soft whine of protest, "I want to go home". Her eyes turned towards Jeong Hyeok, silently pleading for his support.

Jeong Hyeok's heart melted, and he knew he couldn't deny her request. So, trying to politely decline the invitation, Jeong Hyeok addressed Seung Joon and Seo Dan, "Hyung, Noona, we've had a really long day. Let's keep the drinks for later." But, Seung Joon and Seo Dan were not having any of it.

"Come on, just 30 minutes, and then we'll release you," Seung Joon chimed in.

Seri, finding it impossible to leave, turned towards Jeong Hyeok, raising her hand and pouting.

"Carry me," she requested pouting.

Even though Jeong Hyeok's body was weighed down by exhaustion, he would never deny Seri's wishes. With a gentle smile, he turned around, allowing her to jump onto his back. Wrapping her good arm around his neck, she nestled comfortably on his shoulder.

"Is your hand alright?" He asked a bit concerned. Seri just hummed and hugged him tightly.

Seung Joon and Seo Dan rolled their eyes at them.

"Cuteness overload" Seo Dan muttered and lead the way with her boyfriend, hand in hand.

From far away, Yura snickered and said, "Halmoni, this Ahjussi is so funny. He is carrying the unnie on his back". As her grandma tried to hide them away from Jeong Hyeok's view.

.

.

.

As they sat around the table, Jeong Hyeok and Seri noticed that Seung Joon and Seo Dan's behavior was off. It seemed like they had something to say.

"So?" Seri asked "Are we just gonna sit here and stare at each other?"

"Give us a minute," Seung Joon said.

Seri looked between the two and smirked. She quickly stopped Seung Joon who was pulling Seo Dan up with him. "Joon stay here. I just remembered Jeong Hyeok and I have to pass by a shop"

Jeong Hyeok's eyes widened. He was too tired to move. The only place he wanted to move to was his car and then apartment.

What was running through her mind? He thought

"Whe..." Before he could ask, Seri pulled him with her.

"Let's go"

.

.

.

A few minutes later, Jeong Hyeok found himself in a clothes store staring at cute baby outfits.

"Love, why are we here?" Seri chuckled hearing his nervous tone.

"Only if I were in the mood, I would have pranked you. But lucky for you, I am just too tired to do so." Seri replied, not really satisfying her worried boyfriend.

"So who is pregnant?"

"Seo Dan" Seri turned to him and explained with an enthusiasm that he thought was already drained because of all the running around they had.

"Haven't you noticed how nervous they were? Dani also kept placing her hand on her stomach while we were walking. At first, I thought it was a habit she picked, but Joon was also extra attentive to her today, so this made me question what was happening. But, what gave them away, was how they were really nervous back there."

.

.

.

"What do you think about this one?" Seri held up a cute bodysuit in front of Jeong Hyeok, who was engrossed in examining the tiny baby sneakers.

As he looked up at her, a realization struck him. At that moment, he saw a glimpse of their future together. He envisioned Seri holding that very bodysuit for their own baby. The image of them going on a shopping spree for their little one, hand in hand, carefully selecting the most adorable outfits flooded his mind.

His heart fluttered. He realized he wanted all of that, but only with Seri by his side. It was her he yearned to share these beautiful moments with. He wanted to experience the joy of choosing those tiny shoes for their baby, and he wanted Seri to be there, enthusiastically handpicking those lovely bodysuits for their precious bundle of joy.

"Love?" Seri gave Jeong Hyeok a puzzled look as he continued to smile at her without replying.

"It's nice, let's get it," he finally replied, flashing her a gentle smile.

"What about the one you have?" Seri gestured toward the baby sneakers in Jeong Hyeok's hand.

His expression shifted slightly, a hint of hesitation flickering across his face. "Ah, no, that's..." He glanced down at the item in his hand and then back at Seri. "I'm actually getting it for a friend. He just had a baby."

Seri's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She couldn't recall Jeong Hyeok mentioning any of his friends having a baby before.

"Which friend?" she inquired, wanting to understand the situation better.

Jeong Hyeok's response came swiftly, almost too quickly. "A family friend," he replied, evasively.

Sensing her lingering doubt, he changed the subject abruptly. "Did you choose this?" Without waiting for her response, he swiftly took the bodysuit from her hand and hurried away from her gaze. "Let me go pay for these," he said.

Baffled by his sudden behavior, Seri watched as Jeong Hyeok hurriedly approached the checkout counter.

As they were waiting for their turn, Jeong Hyeok felt someone's gaze on him, he looked back to see who it was. His gaze met a familiar one. It was the same old look that used to adore him around six years ago. He studied the face of the old lady and all the memories came rushing back. She definitely was older, but she still held the same look in her eyes.

"Ahjumma" Jeong Hyeok bowed to Hae-Ran. Seri turned to see who Jeong Hyeok was talking to.

"Jeong Hyeok-ah!" Hae-Ran acted surprised.

"How are you?" Jeong Hyeok asked.

"Halmoni, I am tired can we go home now?" Yura interrupted them.

The old lady looked at Yura and then between Seri and Jeong Hyeok who were smiling at the little girl.

"She is Eun Ji's daughter" The woman suddenly said making Jeong Hyeok frown at how she said it.

Jeong Hyeok smiled and respectfully said, "Congratulations on her marriage."

The lady behind the counter called on to the next customer putting their ongoing conversation to stop.

"I have to go Ahjumma. It was nice seeing you again." He smiled politely and left along with Seri.

.

.

.

"Where were you both?" Seo Dan asked as Jeong Hyeok and Seri sat in front of them. Seri placed the small bag in front of her friends smiling.

Seo Dan looked between the two, questioning what was in the bag.

"Open it and see" Seri replied.

She saw their smug smile and sighed taking the bag.

"What? How?" Seo Dan and Seung Joon look at Seri and Jeong Hyeok in surprise.

"How did you know?" Seo Dan asked.

"Are you pregnant too?!!" Seung Joon exclaimed.

"What? No!" Seri exclaimed

"Seri told me" Jeong Hyeok replied to Seo Dan's question.

They were all speaking at once. The least you can say is that the table was chaos.

.

.

.

At night at Jeong Hyeok's apartment...

Seri and Jeong Hyeok were cozily cuddling on the couch, engrossed in the movie playing on the screen.

"I will stay at your place tonight, love," Seri said as her fingers gently traced patterns on Jeong Hyeok's arm, which was wrapped around her midriff.

He chuckled softly. "So you will stay up waiting for me to come back?" he teased, playfully tightening his hold around her.

Seri playfully swatted his chest. "And if you're late, then you'll sleep on the couch," she replied with a mock stern expression.

"My apartment is always open for you, love. You can come over whenever you want," Jeong Hyeok said, his smile warm as he leaned down to kiss the back of her head.

Curiosity got the better of Seri, and she couldn't help but inquire about the old lady they had met earlier in the baby shop.

"Who was that lady?" she asked, genuinely interested.

"Who?" Jeong Hyeok completely forgot about meeting Hae-Ran.

"Oh, Ahjumma," Jeong Hyeok recalled, a nostalgic glint in his eyes. "She is my mother's relative, but a distant one. She used to be our neighbor too."

"The little girl with her is her granddaughter?" Seri guessed.

Jeong Hyeok nodded, his expression softening. "Yes, she is," he confirmed. A sigh escaped him as he remembered the morning's argument with his brother.

So that's the girl Hyung was talking about. Jeong Hyeok thought.

Jeong Hyeok's phone rang interrupting the couple's movie night.

"Ok, that's Chi Su. I have to go love." Jeong Hyeok said as he got up.

"Do you have to?" Seri pouted as she moved aside.

Jeong Hyeok unintentionally imitated her pout and nodded.

"It has been a while since I have gone with Chi Su for a drink. And he knows that I have a girlfriend now. So it's only right to tell him about us. Don't you think?" Jeong Hyeok was a bit worried about telling Chi Su, but he was getting tired of keeping his relationship with Seri a secret from his people. She didn't deserve to be treated like that. And he wanted to do what was right for her.

Seri stood up and held his hand, "How do you think he will take it?" she asked equally worried.

"I don't know. I know you both don't have the best relationship, but I would like to keep my trust in our friendship and believe that he will accept it."

"I don't hate him." Seri suddenly said. "At first, I found him annoying, that's true, but later on I got used to him. I know how much he cares for you and how much he means to you. That's all I want."

"Don't tell him I said that," Seri gave him a threatening look. "but I enjoy his company."

Jeong Hyeok chuckled feeling grateful. He wrapped his arms around Seri's waist and bent down to peck her lips. "I know you do. You wouldn't have stayed with him at one table if you didn't. Not even for a second if you didn't like him."

"Maybe I did that for you." Seri tried to challenge Jeong Hyeok's beliefs.

"Maybe." He paused and then continued, "But if it was really like that, then you wouldn't have asked his employee every week if the store is running properly, and you wouldn't have sent Eun Hyeok to call him whenever he is not present during our gatherings."

Seri's mouth fell open, "How did you get to know all that?" She was flabbergasted.

"I know love. I might not have video games to butter up some people, but I have superpowers, I know everything."

"Eun Hyeok told you right?"

Jeong Hyeok jutted his bottom lip and shrugged his shoulders "No idea what you are talking about." He pecked her again and said "I am leaving. Don't wait for me, I might stay out late."

.

.

.

In a high-end apartment in Seoul...

Yura was recounting the day's events to her mom.

"The kids didn't let me play with them today in the park" Yura pouted to her mom.

Eun Ji kissed her daughter on her forehead and said, "Next time I will go with you and we will play as much as you want."

"But Halmoni took me to the mall and we played a really fun game."

Eun Ji's brows furrowed. "What did you do there?"

"We were playing hide and seek with this Ahjussi. But we lost." The little girl snickered, and signaled Eun Ji to come closer, "He caught Halmoni." She whispered in her mother's ear.

"Who is this ahjussi Yura-ah?"

"I don't know mommy"

"Halmoni didn't tell you?" Eun Ji was starting to get worried.

Yura shook her head. "Halmoni called him Jeong Hyeok." Eun Ji's eyes widened hearing Yura saying his name.

"Jeong Hyeok Ahjussi was so funny" Yura continued not really aware of her mom's shocked demeanor.

"Jeong Hyeok?" Eun Ji whispered enough for Yura to hear her. The little girl nodded. "Yura-ah, and how does this ahjussi look like?"

"He is hugeeee" Yura opened her arms wide, remembering the tall Ahjussi she saw.

"Yura-ah I will be back in a bit. Continue playing with your dolls. Mommy has to talk to Halmoni ok?" Yura nodded.

.

.

.

In the bedroom...

"Eomma, where did you and Yura go today?" Eun Ji asked, her eyes fixed on her mother, who seemed preoccupied with rummaging through the closet.

"I told you, Eun Ji-ah. I took her to the park," Hae-Ran replied, finally turning her attention to her daughter.

"Why didn't you tell me you also went to the mall?" Eun Ji questioned, a hint of frustration in her voice.

Hae-Ran hesitated for a moment before answering, "Oh right. I wanted to get a few things from there. It totally slipped my mind to tell you."

Her daughter's next words caught her off guard. "I assume it also slipped your mind to tell me that you were following Jeong Hyeok?" Eun Ji's frustration was evident.

Hae-Ran gasped, "Eun-Ji ah, I can't see you like this anymore. He has to know. He is living his life happily with his girlfriend while you are torturing yourself every day. Yura is starting to ask about her father, and you can't raise her on your own. She needs her father. Everything is happening because of him. Let him hold the responsibility for once. Get him back into your life."

"Eomma, it's not what you think. I know what I am doing," Eun Ji insisted, trying to maintain her composure.

Hae-Ran looked at her daughter, "What's that supposed to mean now?"

"Yura is my responsibility. She doesn't need anyone else in her life. How many times do I have to tell you this?" Eun Ji's tone was firm this time.

"Life is not easy, Eun-Ji-ah. You are a celebrity now. What will happen when the media finds out about your daughter? About you being a single mom?" Hae-Ran's concern was evident in her words.

"No one will know about Yura," Eun Ji said with confidence, not willing to let her daughter's privacy be invaded by the prying eyes of the media.

"You can't know that. In a second, everything you've worked hard for will vanish right in front of your eyes. You said you told him about Yura. Why isn't he in her life? Why didn't he bear her responsibility too?"

"I know how to deal with it and leave Jeong Hyeok out of this," Eun Ji replied sternly before leaving the room.

As Eun Ji's retreating figure disappeared from her sight, Hae-Ran whispered to herself, "I won't let him ruin your life."

.

.

.

A few minutes later ...

Jeong Hyeok's parents, Ri Chung Ryeol and Kim Yun Hui were seated in the living room, engrossed in watching the evening news until the sound of the house landline interrupted the calmness in the room.

Kim Yun Hui, who happened to be closer to the phone, instinctively reached out and answered the call. "Hello"

"Yun Hui-ssi, how have you been?" the woman on the other end asked, her voice warm and familiar.

"Who is this?" Yun Hui inquired, a bit confused by the unexpected call.

"It's Kim Hae Ran."

Yun Hui's eyes widened in recognition. It had been a while since her friend and distant cousin had contacted her. After Jeong Hyeok broke up with her daughter, they lost touch, Hae Ran distanced herself, and Yun Hui understood her reasons, assuming Jeong Hyeok was responsible for the breakup with Eun Ji.

"I have been meaning to call you for a long time now, but Eun Ji didn't let me," Hae Ran explained and continued, "Your son broke up with Eun Ji, and my daughter respected his decision. But what he is doing now is unacceptable. If my daughter doesn't want to hold Jeong Hyeok responsible for his wrongdoings, I will do that instead," Hae Ran continued, her voice tinged with frustration. "Your son has completely abandoned my daughter, and now he is abandoning his daughter. He is going all out enjoying his time with his girlfriend while leaving the responsibility of his daughter to my daughter. How is that fair, Kim Yun Hui-ssi? We all got fooled by Jeong Hyeok. He always showed us that he was a mature and responsible guy, but what is he doing now? He is just throwing his past behind his back, knowing really well that he has a daughter."

"He knows?" Yun Hui's voice broke as she asked.

"He is fully aware. My daughter had told him on multiple occasions." Hae Ran said what Yun Hui didn't want to hear. Jeong Hyeok, her son, her kind and sweet son, did something so horrible.

"Please, Yun Hui-ssi, I just want what's best for my daughter and granddaughter," Hae Ran pleaded, her emotions evident in her voice, and Yun Hui listened carefully to her friend's words, her heart heavy with the weight of the revelations.

.

.

.

At Pyo Chi Su and Jeong Hyeok...

"So, are we going to start with the important topic?" Pyo Chi Su asked eagerly, taking a sip of his drink as it arrived at their table.

Just as they were about to delve into the conversation, Jeong Hyeok's phone rang, interrupting them.

He picked up the call and immediately stood up, a worried expression crossing his face.

"Eomma fainted, we have to go home," Jeong Hyeok said urgently, concern evident on his form.

Without a moment's hesitation, both Jeong Hyeok and Pyo Chi Su sprang to their feet, their previous conversation forgotten, and headed straight toward Jeong Hyeok's house.

.

.

.

.

At the Ri's household...

"Eomma? Eomma?" Jeong Hyeok hurriedly entered the house with Chi Su in tow, concern etched on his face.

In an instant, Jeong Hyeok was by his mother's side, asking her if she was alright. But instead of receiving a comforting reply, he was taken aback when Kim Yun Hui sternly asked, "Leave me alone with him."

His brothers and father exchanged worried glances, "LEAVE US ALONE!" Kim Yun Hui's raised voice surprised everyone, prompting them to scatter outside the living room.

As Jeong Hyeok stood with his mother, he asked softly, "Eomma, what's the matter?"

Kim Yun Hui stood up, and Jeong Hyeok instinctively followed suit, only to be caught off guard by the sudden slap she delivered to his cheek.

"Eomma!" he exclaimed in shock and pain.

"I thought I raised you better," Kim Yun Hui said, her voice filled with sorrow as tears streamed down her face.

"Eomma, what did I do? What's wrong?" Jeong Hyeok asked, confusion evident in his voice. He couldn't fathom why his mother would react this way.

"How could you turn your back on the child?" Kim Yun Hui asked with so much disappointment in her voice.

"Eomma which kid did I turn my back to?" Jeong Hyeok was getting restless.

"You will leave that girlfriend of yours, and tomorrow you will go get Eun Ji back and the little girl with her." Kim Yun Hui declared shocking Jeong Hyeok.

"Eomma why did you bring Eun Ji-ssi up now? and why would I leave my girlfriend for her?" Jeong Hyeok was really confused.

Why was everyone suddenly so interested in Eun Ji and her daughter?

"I've never expected this kind of thing from you. How could you leave an innocent soul behind How could you live with yourself knowing that you have left a child fatherless?" Kim Yun Hui's voice trembled with disappointment and anger as she confronted her son.

Loud gasps were heard from behind at Kim Yun Hui's revelation.

"A child? Which child?" Jeong Hyeok shouted, surprised. "Eomma, what are you talking about?"

"Don't you even feel an ounce of guilt?" his mom accused. "You left Eun Ji when she was pregnant with your daughter. You left her to handle the responsibility on her own. Your mistake."

Chi Su, who had been observing the tense exchange, leaned in and whispered to Mu Hyeok, "What? How did your mom know that Eun Ji has a daughter?" Chi Su whispered to Mu Hyeok.

"Is this true, Mu Hyeok-ah?" his father asked, his eyes searching for any sign of truth in the situation.

"I don't know, Abeoji, but it looks like it," Mu Hyeok sighed as he glanced back at his brother and mother arguing.

The weight of his mother's accusation hit Jeong Hyeok like a ton of bricks. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Eomma that's impossible" Jeong Hyeok was so sure about what he was saying.

"Have you ever thought about calling her and asking about her?" Kim Yun Hui pressed on, desperate for her son to face the consequences of his actions.

Jeong Hyeok looked at his mom in shock.

Didn't they know how breakups work? Exes don't check up on each other from time to time, especially not them. She cheated on him, for god's sake. Why was he the one taking the heat about it?

"Eomma, we both moved on. We have our own lives now. She has her own family, and I am going to have mine soon. Why is everyone so interested in her? Her story ended a long time ago. You haven't made a fuss about it back then, why now?" Jeong Hyeok tried to reason, feeling a mix of frustration and bewilderment.

"Your relationship was more serious than that. How can you not try to reach out to her and make sure she is fine?"

"Why would I do that?"

"YOU HAVE A CHILD WITH THAT WOMAN!" Kim Yun Hui's voice reached a crescendo, her emotions spilling over as she confronted her son, shocking everyone in the room. This was the first time she raised her voice at them, at Jeong Hyeok specifically.

"Who told you that? How did you get to know about all of this?" Jeong Hyeok wasn't that shocked. His brother, Mu Hyeok had already done his job of assuming the most ridiculous thing in the morning, and now his mother somehow got the wind of it too.

Jeong Hyeok just wanted to know, who the hell spat all those lies to her? And why did she jump directly to that conclusion without asking him first? 

Seri was right; they have this jumping to conclusions in their blood. He thought.

"Eomma, that's just wrong. I would never do that. You know me better than that, don't you?" Jeong Hyeok's voice trembled with emotions as he tried to reason with his mother. He was trying to defend himself against the accusations.

"Your mother is right, Jeong Hyeok." Mu Hyeok stepped into the room, adding his voice to the conversation.

"Hyung!" Jeong Hyeok shouted. "Don't make things worse. I beg you," Jeong Hyeok pleaded, feeling desperate to prevent further conflict.

"I won't stay silent about this, Jeong Hyeok-ah. There is a little girl you have to think about," Mu Hyeok's tone remained firm, convinced of the truth in his claim.

"There is no little girl, hyung," Jeong Hyeok argued, his frustration evident.

"I saw her. She is 4 years old and you broke up nearly at that time. How can you explain that?" Mu Hyeok accused his brother.

Jeong Hyeok's eyes widened in shock. "Hyung, you know what happened," he was feeling exasperated by the continuous accusations.

"I know what happened, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't father a child from Eun Ji-ssi," Mu Hyeok insisted, not willing to let the matter go, and refusing to accept his brother's explanation.

Jeong Hyeok looked at all his family members around him overwhelmed by their scrutiny. He was feeling cornered and vulnerable under the watchful eyes of his family.

"Hyung, why are you doing all that?" Jeong Hyeok questioned. He wanted to understand his brother's motives.

"You are not seeing it. You can't see how your new girlfriend has changed you," Mu Hyeok replied with hatred in his tone as he mentioned Seri.

Jeong Hyeok rolled his eyes at his brother, mad about the repetitive nature of their conversation.

"Hyung, not this again. That has been the same thing you've been repeating since you got to know about my relationship with Seri," Jeong Hyeok sighed, pleading and hoping to end the conversation.

"If you're the old Jeong Hyeok, my brother, the Jeong Hyeok I knew before Seri, you would have run back to Eun Ji-ssi and asked about your daughter," Mu Hyeok stated, trying to evoke the past.

"No, I wouldn't. I know what I am saying," Jeong Hyeok responded firmly, standing his ground against his brother's accusations.

When his mother didn't react, Jeong Hyeok sighed. "So now we are going to believe what everyone else says over what I say?" Jeong Hyeok asked sarcastically.

"Jeong Hyeok respect your Eomma and Hyung" his father admonished him.

"I am sorry" Jeong Hyeok looked down and apologized even though he knew he is not the one that should be apologizing.

"Now tell me who is this Seri your brother is talking about and what's the issue with Eun Ji," His father asked calmly.

Jeong Hyeok looked at his father surprised. His eyes started to tear up. Finally, someone was willing to listen to him instead of throwing accusations here and there.

"Abeoji, Eun Ji-ssi and I broke up a long time ago and the child Eomma and Hyung are talking about could never be my kid."

"Jeong Hyeok-ah the person who called was Eun Ji's mother. Can you see where your Eomma is coming from? Why would a mother lie about her daughter's child? Have you talked to Eun Ji? Can you prove that the little child is not yours?" His father tried to make Jeong Hyeok understand what their concerns were.

Jeong Hyeok took a deep breath as much as he was embarrassed to say it and as much as he didn't want his family to know about his sex life, he had no other choice.

It was either telling them about their non-existent intimacy during the last few months or revealing the truth about what happened. The latter didn't fit well with Jeong Hyeok. He was not the type of person who would expose people's wrongdoings and especially not that of Eun Ji. She was a celebrity, and if a word about that came out, then her career would bear the consequences.

What she did was unforgivable. Jeong Hyeok suffered from it, but he would never hurt her the same way. He didn't want to be the reason for someone's downfall. His life turned upside down because of Eun Ji's unfaithfulness, but he mourned over his broken heart enough for him to understand that they were not meant to be and that he would find someone else. Someone that'll love him unconditionally. And he found that, with Seri.

"The last few months before our break up we weren't intimate." There, finally, he said it.

Ri Chung-Ryeol nodded.

The atmosphere in the room was tense as Jeong Hyeok saw the worried expression on his father's face. With a defeated sigh, he responded to his father's concern, "Abeoji, this part of my life has been long gone, but I'll talk to Eun Ji-ssi and sort things out."

However, his elder brother, Mu Hyeok, couldn't remain silent. He interjected firmly, "And leave that girlfriend of yours for God's sake."

"Hyung, not now," Jeong Hyeok replied, trying to keep his emotions in check as he glanced around at his family members.

But Mu Hyeok persisted, "No, now is the time. You've been shutting me out for so long. I can't stand by and watch you do whatever you want. Right here, right now, I'll ask you to consider what's best for our family and leave your girlfriend."

Gwang Hyeok, stepped in, attempting to defuse the tension, "Hyung, please, let's not argue about this."

Eun Hyeok and Gwang Hyeok were watching their brothers fight. This wasn't the first time for Gwang Hyeok, but it was definitely the first for Eun Hyeok.

Eun Hyeok had never seen his elder brothers like that. They were always close, the true definition of brotherhood. Never once had he seen this side of them. He couldn't bear the sight of his brothers arguing so intensely and hoped that he can do something to stop them from fighting. He wanted to tell Mu Hyeok Hyung that Seri Noona wasn't a bad person and if Jeong Hyeok Hyung was dating her then that would be awesome.

Ri Chung Ryeol had had enough. He raised his voice, commanding both to stop fighting. "You both cut it out!"

"But Abeoji..." Mu Hyeok started.

"I said cut it out. You're not in a position to control your brother's life," Ri Chung Ryeol told his eldest son, shocking him to the core.

Yet, Mu Hyeok couldn't be deterred. He insisted, "Abeoji, when you find out who he's with, you'll understand why I'm so concerned."

Jeong Hyeok's parents looked at him expectantly.  

"Jeong Hyeok, who is your girlfriend?" Ri Chung-Ryeol asked.

Mu Hyeok sarcastically quipped, "Shall I tell him? Or would you like to do the honors?"

Jeong Hyeok took a deep breath and admitted, "Yoon Seri." As the words left his mouth, he could sense the shock that spread across the room.

"The chaebol?" Chung Ryeol questioned, the revelation catching him off guard. He placed his hand on his chest, trying to steady himself, but the emotional weight was too much to bear. He tried to take deep breaths to lessen the pain he was feeling in his chest.

"Abeoji, Abeoji!!" They all ran towards their father. 

"Get water quickly" Yun Hui ordered.

But Mu Hyeok couldn't let go of his concern for his brother, "You're being selfish, Hyung. You should have considered us before making such a choice."

Jeong Hyeok could feel the weight of his family's expectations and disappointment bearing down on him. His parents and elder brother were tagging him as the one who wasn't considering the family's feelings and well-being, and it pained him deeply.

"I am fine," Chung Ryeol assured, but weariness laced his voice. He turned his gaze towards Jeong Hyeok and commanded, "Get out," shocking everyone in the room to the core.

"Abeoji!!" Gwang Hyeok's voice trembled as he tried to reason with his father, "Listen to Hyung first."

"Abeoji," Jeong Hyeok's voice wavered as he called out, torn between his family and his love.

"I said get out!!" Chung Ryeol's voice boomed, leaving Jeong Hyeok feeling defeated and hurt.

"Hyung, wait, please," Eun Hyeok rushed to his older brother, attempting to mediate.

"Let's talk later, hmm," Jeong Hyeok smiled through his tears at his younger brother, trying to offer reassurance in the midst of the turmoil.

Yun Hui stood there, silently crying, unable to intervene. She was as frustrated as her husband.

Jeong Hyeok glanced between his parents and elder brother, this was a side of them he had never seen before. They viewed him as a selfish son, who is not considering the family's feelings or well-being. This weighed heavily on him, and he struggled to balance his love for Seri with the expectations of his family.

"Ok then, if Hyung is leaving, then I might as well..." Jeong Hyeok interrupted Eun Hyeok, by holding his arm. He shook his head to stop him from revealing that his boss was none other than Yoon Seri.

"As you wish, I am leaving" Jeong Hyeok whispered and left the house. He didn't want to stress his father further. He was already sick, and the doctors warned them multiple times to keep him away from stress. Jeong Hyeok felt so much anger towards Mu Hyeok. His brother didn't even think about his father's health. He didn't let him break the news to their parents as he wished to. He desperately wanted to pick a fight with Jeong Hyeok in front of their parents, and he literally invaded his privacy.

He just wanted his family to understand him.

As the room fell into silence, Chi Su observed the emotional tension surrounding them after Jeong Hyeok's departure. He followed his friend after bidding farewell to the family, acknowledging Yun Hui's unspoken request to take care of her son.

The tension hung in the air.

.

.

.

Outside the apartment...

"Jeong Hyeok-ah wait." Chi Su shouted after his friend.

"Chi Su-ah I want to go home. I have a headache."

Getting hold of his friend, Chi Su said, "Wait wait."

"How do you expect me to be? My parents just kicked me out. They are treating me as if I committed a huge sin. Did I do something wrong Chi Su-ah?" Jeong Hyeok asked helplessly.

Chi Su shook his head sideways sighing. "Seri is a good person. And you both make a good couple. I can see that she cares for you and I dare say loves you."

"You knew?" Jeong Hyeok asked his friend as his reaction shocked him.

Chi Su smiled softly and shook his head. "But I had a feeling that this woman had some feelings for you"

At least he didn't oppose his relationship with Seri. Jeong Hyeok thought.

"She is a good woman. But don't let her know I said that" Chi Su admitted making Jeong Hyeok laugh at loud. Although Jeong Hyeok didn't have it in him to laugh, knowing that Chi Su is by his side made him feel much better.

"Why are you laughing?" An exasperated Pyo Chi Su asked.

"Nothing. You both should stay like that." Jeong Hyeok answered ambiguously.

Pyo Chi Su's brows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing. I am going now. See you tomorrow." Jeong Hyeok smiled softly patting his friend's shoulder and left.

Looking at his friend's retreating figure, Pyo Chi Su sighed. "You will figure it out my friend, you will."

.

.

.

In Jeong Hyeok's apartment...

Jeong Hyeok and Seri were laying in bed. He had his head on her chest with his arms wrapped around her waist while her good hand was wrapped around him caressing his hair.

"Everything is going to be alright right?" Jeong Hyeok asked. He sounded vulnerable and this broke Seri's heart more.

"It will be" She kissed the top of his head and sighed. Seri felt helpless. She didn't know how she can help him. It's his parents they are dealing with. So whatever would happen, eventually, she knew she would be the one to lose him. She would never make him choose between her and his family. And the thing is, she couldn't blame the Ri's. What they passed through was not easy and this happened because of her family. Deep inside she felt guilty. The person who was there for her when she grew up suffered so much because of her family.

However, what confused her was her father. He was the one who had the last say in all these matters. Her father wasn't a bad man. How can he do that?

"Let's stay like this forever, ok?" He whispered before his eyes gave up and he crumbled to sleep.

"I promise you, you won't suffer" Seri whispered back and went to sleep.

The next morning...

Gwang Hyeok entered Joo Meok's office. 

"Daepyonim" he called.

"Oh, Gwang Hyeok-ssi" Joo Meok called from his place.

"I won't take much of your time Daepyonim. I just wanted to thank you for everything you have done, for my brother." Gwang Hyeok bowed deeply.

Joo Meok quickly stood up and bowed back to Gwang Hyeok. "Gwang Hyeok-ssi, Jeong Hyeok isn't just Seri's boyfriend anymore he is like a brother to me too. And I would do anything to help him."

"It means a lot thank you really." Gwang Hyeok was really short on words to express his gratitude. He wished Mu Hyeok and his parents would understand how much Seri and her family cared for Jeong Hyeok.

Min So then knocked on the door and entered.

"Gwang Hyeok-ssi, Seri Daepyonim is calling for you." Min So informed her colleague.

"Daepyonim"

"Good morning, Gwang Hyeok-ssi," Seri greeted her assistant. "Do you have any updates regarding the company I asked you to look into?"

"Yes, Daepyonim. It is a legitimate company," Gwang Hyeok replied, holding a stack of papers in his hand. "They have been operating in the real estate sector since 2008, and the owner is Cho Cheol Gang. His agency has an excellent reputation, and based on my research, most, if not all, their customers are satisfied with their services."

Seri listened attentively to Gwang Hyeok's detailed report.

"I apologize for making you work on the weekend. You can take tomorrow off, or I can compensate you with your overtime rate," Seri offered sincerely, feeling a tinge of guilt for having him work so hard over the weekend.

"Thank you, Daepyonim. I will take tomorrow off if you don't mind," Gwang Hyeok replied gratefully.

"Sure, as you wish." Seri encouraged him.

"How is Hyung, Daepyonim? Yesterday, I didn't have a chance to visit his place, and I tried calling and texting him, but he never replied," Gwang Hyeok asked with genuine concern for his older brother, Jeong Hyeok.

Seri let out a sigh, her thoughts drifting back to her boyfriend's condition that morning. He was not doing well. He was always lost in his thoughts.

Seri shook her head sideways. "He is going to your parent's house to talk to them, but he hasn't called yet, so no idea what's happening" her voice tinged with worry.

"My parents love Hyung so much to stay mad at him, they will come around" Gwang Hyeok tried to reassure her.

"No one can blame them," Seri said in a low voice.

"No my parents and Mu Hyeok Hyung are stuck in the past. They are judging you because of something that happened in the past and is completely not related to you. You're the best thing that happened to Hyung Daepyonim. So you have to stay together and never leave each other."

Gwang Hyeok's words meant so much to Seri. She knew that Gwang Hyeok was the only one in Jeong Hyeok's family that knew about them and was openly supporting them, but hearing him saying all these things made her tear up.

A couple of hours later... Jeong Hyeok's restaurant...

Eun Ji stepped into the restaurant, causing heads to turn in her direction, but she paid no mind to the curious glances. She had grown accustomed to being the center of attention. In a few minutes, she knew, everyone would go back to their own business, and she'd be left in a relatively peaceful space.

Her gaze wandered around the restaurant, and it brought back memories of the past. She could still vividly recall the time when Jeong Hyeok had first brought her here, and the place had been in disarray. Her heart ached as she took a trip down memory lane, reflecting on how poorly she had treated Jeong Hyeok during that time.

If she could turn back time, she thought, she would correct all the mistakes she made. Her first priority would be treating Jeong Hyeok with the love and respect he deserved. Regret gnawed at her as she wished she could undo the pain she had caused him.

Eun Ji's attention was drawn to the kitchen, where she saw Jeong Hyeok engrossed in preparing a dish. He looked natural and at ease, and a soft smile crept onto her lips as she observed him.

"Welcome! Do you have a reservation, or would you like to choose a table now?" A waiter approached her with a warm greeting.

"Oh, yes, actually, I came to see Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi," Eun Ji replied.

"Ah, you're Seonbaenim's guest. Please have a seat," the waiter kindly guided her to a table that offered a bit more privacy.

As Eun Ji settled in, she couldn't help but admire Jeong Hyeok's thoughtfulness. He had always been considerate, and even now... it showed.

"I will inform him. Would you like a refreshment drink in the meantime?" the waiter offered.

"Water will do, thank you," Eun Ji smiled gratefully.

In less than 10 minutes, Jeong Hyeok approached her table. As he neared, Eun Ji couldn't help but notice the transformation he had undergone. He appeared more mature and built, his once boyish features now replaced with a stoic and refined demeanor.

"Jeong Hyeok-ssi," Eun Ji began.

"How have you been, Eun Ji-ssi?" Jeong Hyeok asked politely.

"I am good. Life has been good to you," she replied, glancing around the restaurant once again.

Jeong Hyeok smiled, following her gaze. "Yes, I can say the same for you. You've become a renowned celebrity."

Eun Ji chuckled with a touch of sadness, acknowledging his words.

"Congratulations on your daughter. I saw her with Ahjumma a couple of days ago," Jeong Hyeok said, the mention of Eun Ji's daughter bringing a warm smile to her face.

Before he could ask her anything further, he heard his girlfriend's voice calling him from behind.

"Love," Seri called.

"Love," Jeong Hyeok stood up to greet Seri. He was slightly taken aback when she planted a peck on his lips. It was a rare public display of affection from her, and he couldn't help but take a step back slightly, glancing at her mischievous expression. He decided to lead Seri away from Eun Ji for a moment to clarify the situation.

"What was that all about?" Jeong Hyeok inquired, still smiling, but aware of Seri's subtle jealousy.

"What?" Seri feigned innocence, however, Jeong Hyeok could see through her.

"You, kissing me in public," he replied with a knowing tone.

"Who is this lady?" Seri couldn't hide her curiosity.

Jeong Hyeok chuckled, realizing he was in a bit of trouble. "Can you give me five minutes? I'll finish talking to her and explain everything," he requested.

The look she gave him told him everything... yep, he was in trouble.

Seri gasped, her hand instinctively covering her mouth. "She's your ex," she stated, recognizing the situation instantly.

Jeong Hyeok winced slightly, caught in the act, although he knew he had done nothing wrong.

"Is she the one from yesterday? The one with the little girl?" Seri asked in a hushed tone, her expression growing more serious.

Jeong Hyeok nodded hesitantly.

Seri glanced back at Eun Ji and then at her boyfriend. Eun Ji's gaze seemed to linger on them, and Seri couldn't help but wonder about that woman.

Seri sweetly came closer to his ear. Jeong Hyeok froze in his place, What was she going to do? He thought nervously.

To the outside world, it looked like they were enjoying a cozy moment. Seri was telling Jeong Hyeok something that only he should know. However, in reality, it was a bit different. True, Seri was whispering something, but it wasn't sweet at all.

"You have 10 minutes. We have to go to the real estate agency. Now smile." Seri said in a low voice.

Jeong Hyeok gulped and nodded smiling softly at her. It was genuine and no one could deny it.

Eun Ji observed Jeong Hyeok and Seri from her place, her heart conflicted with mixed emotions.

Seeing Jeong Hyeok with Seri was like witnessing an entirely different person. The genuine smile that adorned his face while interacting with Seri was a stark contrast to the expressions he had worn during their own relationship. The love that radiated between Seri and Jeong Hyeok was undeniable, evident in the way they looked at each other, and the way they seemed completely comfortable in each other's presence and closeness. 

Eun Ji couldn't help but notice the tender glances, the subtle touches, and the genuine joy that seemed to envelop them. It was a love she had never experienced with him, and it stung her heart. Jeong Hyeok had found happiness with Seri, and she couldn't help but feel a bit of regret as she witnessed the depth of their interaction.

Seri nodded slowly, signaling for him to leave. However, as he turned to go, she subtly tugged on his arm, prompting him to face her again. 

Confused, he asked her what was the matter. Instead of answering, she began to caress his t-shirt, pretending to wipe off some non-existent specks. "Aren't you like a baby?" she teased, "You have something on your shoulder."

He grew a bit nervous, not entirely sure what she was up to. The sudden change in Seri's demeanor had him on edge, fearing she might drag him to the kitchen, cut him into small pieces, and feed him to the cats outside. So, he subtly moved her hand away, insisting there was nothing on his shirt.  "There's nothing."

Seri didn't appreciate his response; she stepped closer, her voice now gritted, "Just stay still. I won't harm you." She offered him a forced smile and continued to fuss over his t-shirt.

Jeong Hyeok found himself caught in Seri's intense gaze. Wanting to escape the situation, he decided to leave. So he looked away and moved sleekly, but Seri was quick, grabbing him by the waist and pulling him even closer. 

"Fine then, stroke my hair."

"What?" he stammered, clearly taken aback.

"Stroke my hair," Seri repeated, her irritation barely concealed. "Don't you know how to pat someone sweetly?" she added, trying not to let her annoyance show.

Feeling everyone's gaze on them, Jeong Hyeok hesitated. He whispered, "I am not doing it here. Everyone is looking."

Seri's smile vanished, replaced by a dangerous look. "Just do it, will you?" she insisted, her tone leaving no room for argument.

Jeong Hyeok stopped breathing. Seri came closer again and whispered, "If you don't do it. I will sit with you at the table and I will be the one leading the conversation with your Ex," She stopped, studying his face for a second, and then continued, "You already called me love in front of everyone anyway, so might as well go and meet your ex too as your current girlfriend." 

"Didn't I tell you before? I don't mind meeting her and getting to know her." Seri again gave him her eye smile, but it was one that told him that he was in trouble. 

Jeong Hyeok had no choice but to comply. He glanced around nervously before awkwardly placing his hand on her hair, unsure of what to do.

Seri pretended to be delighted, flashing a smug smile at the onlookers. Then, she lightly tapped him on the chest, pushing him back slightly, and playfully said, "Gosh, Honey."

Jeong Hyeok was taken aback by her sudden shift in demeanor. He looked down at where her hand had collided seconds ago and then back at Seri bewildered.

Was she trying to act cute? he thought to himself as she continued with her 'cute' voice.

The urge to escape intensified, and Jeong Hyeok nervously looked at Seri, "I am leaving. Less than 10 minutes will do," he stammered as he left.

.

.

.

The ride in the car was awkward. Not that they didn't know what to say or talk about. On the contrary, they knew exactly what they should address. However, they were waiting for each other to start the conversation.

And as if their telepathy just worked, both of them couldn't handle the silence and said in unison, "I mean why would you meet her?" "Love, I had to meet her."

"As if she just wanted the chance to get to see you again. She directly jumped at the opportunity. She left everything in hand and came to see you."

"Love I asked her to meet me urgently." Jeong Hyeok replied calmly. He wanted to clear the air between them. 

"What does she do by the way?" Seri was curious. 

"You seriously don't know her?!" Jeong Hyeok asked genuinely confused.

"No, how would I know her?" 

"She is the actress Baek Eun Ji." 

"Never heard of her," Seri said nonchalantly. 

"Look her up." He signaled at her phone.

"Are you so proud of her?" Seri scoffed sarcastically not really liking the way her boyfriend was talking about his ex. 

"What?" Jeong Hyeok panicked he quickly looked at her and then at the road, "No."

"Anyways, I am too busy to watch those cheesy dramas," Seri said.

"Don't say that maybe you were an actress in another life" Jeong Hyeok was trying to calm her down in any way.

"And I will be a hell of a good actress," Seri said confidently.

"I am sure you would be" Jeong Hyeok was genuinely assuring her. He believed in her to an extent that she herself would never imagine.

"One second..."

Still smiling unaware of the wave that was going to hit him, Jeong Hyeok hummed.

"Did you just defend her?" she asked in an accusatory tone.

"No!!!" Jeong Hyeok yelped. "It wasn't even on my mind"

"How the hell did you date an actress?!" Seri was hands down so jealous. "How did you get to know her? How did you break up? Who left who?" Seri fired him with multiple questions all at once. 

Poor Jeong Hyeok, she didn't even give him a chance to answer or get over the shock.

"Go back to her. Why did you break up with her if you are going to defend her in front of your current one and only love?" 

One and only love?! Jeong Hyeok thought. That was true. He chuckled. Leave it to Seri to praise herself in this situation. 

That was the first time, he saw Seri this jealous. He remembers the time she got jealous because she thought that he was looking so good (Chapter 15). At that time, he was able to keep it under control. Now, it was a lot different. Seri was on another level.

"Love" he held her hand, and calmly replied, "I don't have feelings for Eun Ji-ssi anymore. She is Ahjumma's daughter, the one we saw a couple of days ago with the little girl in the mall. That's how I know her. When we were together, she was still starting." He paused for a second and took a deep breath, "She cheated on me with my back then best friend. She reasoned that I was too much stress for her and if she stayed with me, she wouldn't reach where she wanted to be. Which is where she is now by the way. She said I was too naive for the world she was entering and she couldn't take me with her there. I am an extra baggage. She wanted someone who would help her climb the ladder fast. And the guy she cheated on me with was her manager. I don't know if he is still in the picture. After we broke up, the last thing I knew about her was that she traveled to the US with him, and then years later, I heard of that big star actress Baek Eun Ji. That's it. Today is the first time I met her after 4 or 5 years, I can't remember exactly. And I wouldn't have met her today if I hadn't promised my father to clear the misunderstanding. I don't have any hard feelings towards her and I can civilly talk to her because I am in a better place right now, with the one and only person I love."

Seri smiled at his last sentence. 

She finally calmed down. Jeoong Hyeok thought.

"I am sorry" Seri apologized her eyes were getting slightly wet.

"Why? Why are you apologizing?'

"I acted selfishly and didn't even ask you how it went with your parents this morning"

"I needed the distraction. And don't ever apologize to me. I know you care. ok?"

Seri nodded. "about Eun Ji..."

"I know, I like it when you are jealous."

Seri gasped dramatically, "I wasn't jealous"

"As you say"

"No, either you be genuine about your reply or argue with me until I convince you" Seri argued.

"You won't convince me because you were jealous" Jeong Hyeok teased her.

"Anyways, how did it go with your parents?"

Jeong Hyeok pursed his lips and shook his head sideways.

"I have to deal with Eun Ji and then go back to them."

"You have it figured out with Baek Eun Ji, right?"

Jeong Hyeok nodded slowly, and Seri felt relief rush over her. It's just better to make sure that nothing of what Jeong Hyeok was accused of, was true. Of course, she knew that Jeong Hyeok would never do that to a child. So, it was either one of the two, Eun Ji's mother was lying, or Eun Ji didn't tell Jeong Hyeok about his daughter.

"I don't want to stress them out. My Hyung and Eun Ji's mom are excelling in that area. My dad can't handle stress. Yesterday, he was barely able to control himself. So I don't want to be the reason for him falling ill. That's why I met Eun Ji-ssi as soon as possible. I wanted to assure my father that nothing of what they are afraid of is true." Seri nodded understandingly. 

"Ok now let's see what we are going to ask Cho Cheol Gang. What did you find out about him and his agency?" Jeong Hyeok quipped changing the topic. 

.

.

.

The couple reached Cho Cheol Gang's agency...

The man at the door welcomed them and led them straight to his boss' office.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi right?" Cho Cheol Gang extended his hand. Jeong Hyeok shook his hand and nodded. 

"Aren't you Yoon Seri-ssi the owner of Seri's choice and the chairwoman of Queen's group?" Cho Cheol Gang asked recognizing Seri immediately. He heard about her from Joo Meok a lot, but luckily he never had the chance to meet her. Or they would've been in big trouble.

"Not the chairwoman yet, but yes I am Yoon Seri." Seri also shook Cho Cheol Gang's hand. 

"Please sit down." 

As the couple sat down, Jeong Hyeok presented the contract the man gave him.

"One of your assistants gave me these papers. Now I want to know what's coming in for you from buying my place?"

"Stable profit in the long run." Cho Cheol Gang answered calmly.

"How did you manage to buy it from the previous owner?" 

"Oh C&H group. They have put it on sale. My assistant came to me with the proposal and I agreed to it. Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi, I have seen your restaurant, and visited it a couple of times. I am not sure if you remember me. I know that you have a good business running, so you paying me the rent every month won't be a problem. That's what I am looking for."

"How did you know that?"

"I asked about you too Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi. It wasn't a random decision that I made." Cho Cheol Gang informed him and smiled.

Glancing at Yoon Seri for a moment, Jeong Hyeok gave her a subtle nod of approval.

Addressing Cho Cheol Gang, Seri handed him a file and said, "These are the conditions we'd like to add. Take your time to read it, and then get back to us."

As Jeong Hyeok sat back, Seri took the lead, engaging in the business conversation with Cho Cheol Gang to negotiate the terms and conditions of the contract.

"We propose a competitive monthly rent, with a gradual increase over the years to account for inflation and market trends."

"That sounds reasonable. We can certainly work with that."

"And we're aiming for a long-term commitment, preferably ten years. This will give us the stability we need to continue building our brand and investing in the space.

"I understand your point, but we also need to consider potential changes in the market. How about we agree on an initial five-year lease with an option to renew for another five years?"

"That could be a workable compromise. As long as there are favorable renewal terms, we can discuss the details further. Moving on, we would like to propose a revenue-sharing model. This way, both parties have a stake in the restaurant's success, and it aligns our interests."

"Revenue-sharing, you say? A smart idea." Cho Cheol Gang chuckled. "How do you envision this model working?"

"We're suggesting a percentage of our monthly profits, say 5%, to be contributed towards the rent. This way, as our business grows, the rent payments will increase accordingly. But on one condition, you'll be our business pillar. In case we need financial support, then you will pitch in."

"In that way, you make sure that you have a backup investor and that I won't sell the property as I am also profiting from it. I must admit, Ms. Yoon, that's an innovative approach. I'll discuss this with my team to evaluate its feasibility and make sure it aligns with our financial goals."

"I appreciate your consideration. Now, regarding the property maintenance, we propose a joint responsibility approach, where we handle regular maintenance while you take care of any structural repairs."

"That sounds fair. We'll make sure the property is structurally sound, and you can take care of the day-to-day maintenance."

"Agreed. One final point. We'd like to explore the possibility of exclusive rights to the adjacent space should it become available in the future."

"Exclusive rights for future expansion. That's quite ambitious. We'd need to discuss the specifics of such an arrangement and consider the implications for both parties."

"Of course, we don't expect immediate decisions on this matter. It's something we can keep in mind for future discussions."

"Agreed. Ms. Yoon, I have to say I'm impressed with your strategic thinking. You have a good business pillar here Mr. Ri" Cho Cheol Gang smiled at Jeong Hyeok who was giving him a proud smile.

"Let me discuss these proposals with my team, and we'll get back to you." Cheol Gang assured them.

A month later...

Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Seri, finally, without a cast around her hand, existed Cho Cheol Gang's office hand in hand.

Jeong Hyeok glanced at Seri and chuckled... she had a big smile on her face. 

"You are smiling as if we just signed the contract of our house." Jeong Hyeok teased her.

"He accepted all our conditions. Can you believe that? Now the restaurant is all yours."

Jeong Hyeok pulled her to him stopping her, "Thank you for everything love" he pecked her on her lips. "You have helped me a lot."

Seri caressed the side of his face and smiled softly, "That's the least I can do for you love. So don't thank me again."

And before the couple could reach their car, they saw a familiar figure.

"Joo Meok-ah?" Seri exclaimed seeing her best friend heading inside Cho Cheol Gang's company. 

Joo Meok froze in his place. 

That's Seri's voice.

.

.

.

Epilogue...

Dressed in his school uniform and with his bag on his shoulder, Eun Hyeok walked through the corridors of Seri's Choice as if he were a frequent visitor. 

Upon entering the cafeteria, he helped himself to some snacks and light dishes from the buffet.

As he enjoyed his food, Eun Hyeok scanned the cafeteria, seemingly searching for someone. A smile finally formed on his lips when he spotted the person he had come for. "Noona!" he waved, trying to catch her attention.

Seri noticed him and waved back, a warm smile lighting up her face as she made her way toward his table. "Eun Hyeok-ah, how are you?" She greeted him with a hug.

"I'm good, noona. What about you?" Eun Hyeok replied.

"I'm doing well. Do you have extra classes today?"

Eun Hyeok pouted slightly and nodded. "Yes, as always."

"Isn't the teacher good? Do you want to change the place?" Seri asked, concerned about his studies.

"No, he's fine. Strict, but he explains well," Eun Hyeok assured her between bites.

"Alright then, study well and hard. If you need any help, tell me, okay?"

Curiosity sparkled in Eun Hyeok's eyes as he asked, "Were you good in school, Noona?"

"I was okay, but my friend Seung Joon was super smart. He can help you if you need anything, okay?" Seri suggested.

Eun Hyeok smiled gratefully and nodded. "Thank you."

"Did you get what we agreed on?" Eun Hyeok asked excitedly.

"I did." Seri brought the bag she was carrying onto the table. Eun Hyeok eagerly reached for it, but Seri playfully pulled it back and said, "Give me what I asked you for first, and then you can have what you asked for."

Keen to complete their trade, Eun Hyeok quickly shared the information he had. "Chi Su Hyung's store is doing fine. The number of daily customers coming in is above average. Chi Su hyung also mentioned that he wants to search for a new part-timer as the current one is slacking."

Seri nodded thoughtfully. "Okay, I'll handle that. Did he mention anything else about the number of customers?"

Eun Hyeok looked thoughtful. "Like what?"

"Isn't he doing anything to increase sales?" Seri clarified.

Eun Hyeok shook his head. "I don't think so, noona."

Seri let out a sigh. "He is frustrating. Alright, I'll handle this as well. Anything else for me?"

"Nope, that's it," Eun Hyeok replied.

"Alright, this is all yours, but if I find out that you're getting distracted from your studies because of it, I'll take it back," Seri warned playfully as she handed Eun Hyeok his new PS game. The bond between the two was evident, and their exchange showed their affectionate and teasing relationship.

.  

End of the chapter :)

Till the next one. 💕💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

604K 20.4K 100
What lies ahead for Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-ri after reuniting at Grindelwald, Switzerland? Overwhelming emotions, longing and newfound freedom to...
43.8K 1.8K 12
"I didn't say I don't find him attractive. I just think that he knows that he's attractive and he's letting it get into his head." That is what Yoon...
144K 2.7K 19
This picks up from where the drama ended. You can call it season 2 of Crash Landing on You. This story tells the life of Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se R...
24K 936 7
Se-ri and Jeong-hyeok are trapped inside the empty school during the blizzard. What else can come from that? Crash Landing on You with a twist. Cano...