My fake boyfriend | VMIN

By CrenRd

The year he was fifteen, Park Jimin realized he was gay, and that he fell in love with a hot guy the same gen... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
The End
Extra 01: former idols
EXTRA 2: REUNION
Extra 3:Jimin's Internship
FINAL CHAPTER

extra 4: dead set on "daughter-in-law"

271 37 6
By CrenRd

Yeo-Jin was quite curious about why Jimin would have such thoughts. After this month of interactions, she could tell that Jimin wasn't one to be swayed by emotions. He had a strong motivation and ambition, and also held himself to strict standards. These were all admirable qualities to Yeo-Jin.

Therefore, when Jimin said this was his own decision, Yeo-Jin didn't quite believe him. She thought that perhaps Taehyung has instigated him to say this.

With an "I've completely seen through you" look, Yeo-Jin smiled: "Tell me about what you're thinking."

After a slight pause, Jimin began: "Since young, I've always had a habit of looking forward, of making plans for the future. I would care more about completing a task and the next challenge while ignoring my own feelings during the process. Before, I didn't think there was anything wrong w/ this, b/c that's how I've walked this far, and also obtained some success. But now that I'm together w/ Taehyung, I've discovered that his view on time is vastly different. He cares more about the now. This means, the future in my eyes is equivalent to the present in his. Perhaps, the way he feels right now will become the norm for us in the future......"

Jimin remembered Taehyung complaining about his mom's way of life. That already revealed his stance on this subject, but Taehyung and his mom were blood related so they couldn't possibly live apart. But a boyfriend?

Compared to blood relatives, a lovers relationship was much weaker. Besides, they're also of the same sex. Taehyung definitely wouldn't want such a workaholic boyfriend.

"If I neglect him once, perhaps he'd only be a bit unhappy. But if that continued, his unhappiness would definitely accumulate, up until he could endure no more, to the point we no longer think we're suited for one another... Right now, we're still in the beginning stages of dating and Taehyung would thus forgive me, but I don't want to take advantage of his good temper and his sincere heart. I don't want him to make him always yield to me."

At this point, Jimin looked at the silent Yeo-Jin, then continued, "Auntie Jeon, I'm very grateful towards all your help. But, I want to be able to walk longer w/ Taehyung, so I have to adjust my present perspective on time, and take a step back to compromise......"

Yeo-Jin stared at him blankly, unable to find the words.

Jimin's words moved her deeply, shook her heart, and made her think of...her own failed marriage 10 years ago.

From their "joined at the hip and honey-sweet" period, to when they both fought for their own career and gradually drifted apart......

Working at the TV station was a busy job. When she first started, she had 3 live broadcasts a day, often working from 6 in the morning to 9 at night. Kim Seon-ho was the same, shaking up the business world and flying all over the globe.

They rarely met even once a month, and she'd often reject the other's carefully planned candle-lit dinners due to working overtime.

The two of them fought more than once over this. Seon-ho had sincerely suggested that she give up her career. He had said: "Yeo-jin, I can support you. You don't need to struggle so hard. I only want you to have some time to keep me company, a little time to play with the kids."

But she didn't listen. At that time, her career was on the rise, and she expressed her inability to understand why Kim Seon-ho would suggest such a thing— Why should I give up my career for this family, and not you?

Kim Seon-ho's business was indeed very large, but she wasn't willing to become a delicate woman that fully relied on her man.

Two people w/ high pride, neither willing to step back, and in the end they divorced, living on opposite sides of the world.

In these 10 years, had she felt regret?

Of course she had. That was the only man she'd loved her entire life. In the deepest, darkest nights, she also wished someone was beside her, to share her happiness and woes, her exhaustion and joys.

From what Taeyang told her,Seon-ho would also occasionally attend some social events and join in the fun w/ others, but in these 10 years, he didn't seem to plan on remarrying, nor did he have a steady girlfriend.

Sometimes, she also wondered, if it was like this, then why did they divorce? Even if they'd only meet once a year, it'd still better than this, right?

But she was too proud and was one of the top female anchors in the area. Naturally, she wouldn't lower her head first.

......

But now, after hearing Jimin's words, Yeo-Jin finally saw things through.

She smiled bitterly in her heart. After living for almost 50 years, rich in experience and successful in her career, she actually couldn't compare to a 20 some young man when it came to emotions.

Seeing that Yeo-Jin continued to remain silent, Jimin thought that she didn't approve, and clenching his fists, felt extremely nervous.

Yeo-Jin finally came out of her introspection, reached over to rub his head, and said only 2 words: "Good child.

If she had Jimin's wisdom all those years ago, would her family still fall to pieces?

Hearing her words, the stone in his heart finally dropped.

He said in a soft voice, "Auntie Jeon, don't worry. On the road to love, I won't give up my own desires. If I have questions related to work, I might still need to ask for your help. I hope...you won't be disappointed in me."

"Dumb child, don't be so foolish." Yeo-Jin smiled and couldn't resist rubbing his head again.

Don't even talk about disappointed, she even wanted to thank Jimin.

Yeo-Jin's smile contained a thread of gentleness that didn't exist before. Not as an elder towards the younger generation, nor a superior towards their subordinate, but the gentleness of a mother towards her child... Such a smile warmed Jimin's heart.

He thought: So Taehyung's smile was inherited from his mom. The way they curved their lips was exactly the same.

When they got home, Taehyung and Snowlass came out to welcome them.

That night at dinner, Jimin didn't mention his internship ending this month, and Yeo-Jin didn't bring it up either.

It wasn't until they went upstairs, and she didn't know what Jimin said, but a suddenly burst of squeals came from above, quickly followed by Taehyung's voice as he hollered: "Thank you Mom! I love you Mom!"

Yeo-Jin: "......"

Shaking her head, she smiled, feeling blessed.

The landline suddenly rang. Seeing the familiar number and thinking it was Taeyang, she picked up and immediately greeted, "Little Yang." But instead, after a few seconds of silence, the voice on the other side said, "It's me."

Yeo-Jin immediately sat up and put on airs as she replied in her broadcaster voice, "Oh, good evening. Why did you call?"

That's right, the person who called was Yeo-Jin's ex-husband, Kim Seon-ho.

Seon-ho went straight to the point: "I heard Taeyang say that Little Taehyung got a boyfriend?"

Yeo-Jin: "They've been together for half a year now. You're pretty behind on the news."

Seon-ho: "......"

Yeo-Jin: "You care about this?"

Seon-ho: "Of course, he's my son... But what is the deal with a boyfriend? Is this his rebellious stage? Shouldn't we discuss the issue of the children's education?"

Yeo-Jin smiled: "Haha, what is there to discuss over the phone. If you mind, then you can come back and see for yourself."

Seon-ho: "......Recently, I don't have the time."

Yeo-Jin: "No problem. I don't think Taehyung's going to break up w/ his boyfriend any time soon, so you can take your time."

Seon-ho: "............"

Yeo-Jin hung up then shot a smiling glance upstairs, thinking: We're already divorced, and it's not like you need Taehyung to continue your Kim family's lineage. What are you so nervous for? In any case, I'm dead set on this "daughter-in-law", so if you come looking for trouble, you'll have to get past me first.

Seon-ho really managed to find the time in his busy schedule to come back to Korea.

After his dad tricked him about the divorce and took away his older brother, Taehyung held a deep grudge towards his father. Moreover, due to his busy schedule, Papa Kim rarely came back, and as time passed, Taehyung grew even more indifferent, and all their interaction was done through his brother.

Perhaps due to those reasons, Seon-ho was extremely sensitive to Taehyung "walking on the wrong path". After all, he owed his son 10 years of parental love, and any father w/ a bit of heart would feel guilty over such a thing and want to take responsibility.

This time, he only wanted to have a proper chat with his younger son, but who would have thought that due to Jimin's internship ending, Taehyung happily went on vacation w/ his boyfriend. Papa Kim missed them just like that!

At the dining table, Seon-ho complained somewhat angrily, "Why didn't you tell me beforehand that Taehyung went out to play?"

Yeo-Jin huffed out a laugh: "As his father, you don't ask your son if he wants to meet you, and instead, plan to blame me?"

Seon-ho had no words. He truly didn't have the qualifications to criticize Yeo-Jin. After not talking w/ Taehyung for so long, he was afraid that his son would react badly to him returning, thus didn't tell him ahead of time.

Yeo-Jin advised: "Alright already. Taehyung's not a child, and he knows what he's doing. Since you already took the time off to come back, why don't you tell me how you and Little Yang have been living these years... I only ever hear his side of the story and never really heard you say anything."

Slightly startled, Kim Seon-ho looked towards his ex-wife who hadn't changed much even after a decade, and his heart went soft. Taking a sip of his red wine, he smiled: "These years......"

Yeo-Jin patiently listened, and it was as if they returned to when they 1st started dating.

At that time, she wasn't busy. She also didn't frequently look at her watch while they were together, as if staying w/ him for even another second was a waste of time......

They chatted to their heart's content. Yeo-Jin was a knowledgeable and extremely thought-provoking woman; Seon-ho felt that she seemed even more charming than 10 years ago.

But he couldn't stay for very long, and 3 days later, needed to leave.

Before he left, Yeo-Jin personally sent him off.

Seon-ho was moved like no other, and at the airport, couldn't resist saying: "When you have time, you can also come over and take a look. Visit Little Yang."

Seon-ho didn't hold out much hope. A news anchor had a rigorous schedule with almost no vacation. How could she possibly have free time?

However, Yeo-Jin replied, "Alright, it's been so many years since I've gone overseas. Next year when my assistant takes over, I'll take a vacation to travel a bit."

Seon-ho couldn't believe his ears. It wasn't until he checked in and got on the plane that he remembered he came back for Taehyung. But during these 3 days, he and Yeo-Jin didn't discuss him even once......

After returning to America, Seon-ho tried calling Taehyung to ask about his feelings but must have said something wrong. Taehyung grew so angry that he bit out an "It doesn't concern you" before hanging up.

Kim Seon-ho then called Yeo-Jin to complain, "Look at him, saying such things. Can't you talk to him? Already over 20 and still just like a child!"

Full of schadenfreude, Yeo-Jin replied, "Who's fault is that? He's not yours according to the law, and now, he's all grown up. No matter how you look at it, you can't control his life."

Seon-ho: "......"

Yeo-Jin: "Aren't you a US citizen now? Gay marriage is legal there, so why are you still so stubborn?"

Seon-ho: "Was this ever a problem of being gay or not!? I'm only afraid that Taehyung's using his love life for the sake of getting back at us out of anger."

Somewhat startled, Yeo-Jin asked in a low voice, "Have you......regretted our divorce?"

Seon-ho: "......"

Seon-ho: "Yes, I regret that our separation caused the children to bear what they never should have, thus causing them to go astray in life."

After a long period of silence, Yeo-Jin finally replied, "Seon-ho...Taehyung's great. He likes a person who's very good to him. He's happy every day, and Little Yang also grew up very outstanding. He's mature and steady, like you. Therefore, you don't need to worry."

Seon-ho coldly snorted, "So what you mean is that I'm worried over nothing and should mind my own business?"

Yeo-Jin smiled: "No, I also regretted, but I only regretted losing you."

Seon-ho: "......"

The summer of their freshman year, Jimin used the money he earned from his internship to travel with Taehyung.

The summer of their junior year, Taehyung's dad paid for Taehyung to bring Jimin to America to attend his remarriage wedding ceremony with Yeo-Jin......

The first time Jimin rode an airplane leaving the country, he rode 1st class. When they arrived in America, a came to pick them up, and then they stayed inside Taehyung's dad's mansion in NYC......

Taeyang gave them a passionate welcome, but towards this, Taehyung showed great hostility. As soon as they walked in, he hid Jimin behind him.

Taeyang even deliberately tried to frighten him: "This scared of me stealing away your boyfriend?"

Taehyung snorted at his brother, then brought Jimin upstairs to his room.

Seon-ho was the same as Yeo-Jin, leaving rooms for both their sons in each of their houses, as if thinking that they'd definitely all live together again one day.

It's just, Taehyung didn't like western food and had a bad relationship w/ his dad, so the last time he came was already many years ago.

The room looked the same as he left it, giving Taehyung a feeling that he's gone back in time: "Wow, did no one come in this room all this time?"

Taeyang leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed: "Who did you want to come in here? There's two guestrooms, so any guest who came stayed there."

Taehyung fell onto the bed: "But this is America. Don't you hold parties in your house, inviting your high school classmates to all come and play and stuff?"

Taeyang: "I'm not like you, enjoying rowdy things like that... I also don't like bringing people home."

Taehyung: "Tch, just come clean and say you like messing around outside."

Taeyang: "......"

Taehyung sat up and patted the bed: "Jimin, come in already. What are you standing there for, you're sleeping with me tonight."

Right as Jimin was about to push his trunk inside, Taeyang piped up: "Anne also prepared a room for you. You can choose to enjoy a guestroom all by yourself." Anne was the Filipino housekeeper they hired.

For a moment, Jimin didn't know how to choose. If he said, "That's fine, I'll stay w/ Taehyung", would that make him seem too clingy?

Seeing him hesitate, Taeyang gave an ambivalent smile and added, "Or...you can stay with me. My room's next door, and the bed's bigger."

A pillow immediately flew at his head, accompanied by Taehyung's angry, "Get lost!"

Jimin: "......"

Taehyung jumped off the bed, pulled Jimin inside, and slammed the door, leaving Taeyang's bright laughter on the other side.

They came a week before the wedding, and since they didn't need to help w/ the preparations, Taeyang took them out to play everyday, acting as their personal tour guide.

The 3 of them went to Central Park, the Empire State Building, Ellis Island, rode the sightseeing ferry, and saw the Statue of Liberty......

Other than broadening his horizons and learning new things, Jimin spent every day listening to the 2 brothers bicker and argue, from politics to foreign affairs to town planning to who's a better driver... They argued over everything.

Sometimes, Jimin felt that their arguments were quite intelligent, but other times, he thought they sounded like two idiots.

For example, Taehyung was very interested in Taeyang's car and begged to drive: "Let me drive a bit, you can give me directions."

Taeyang: "No."

Taehyung: "Why!"

Taeyang: "You don't have an American license."

Taehyung: "Don't try to fool me, I already looked it up back home. My license also works, ok!"

Taeyang: "Still no. It's not safe to let you drive."

Taehyung: "Lies! I got my license after I graduated high school. It's been 3 years now!"

Taeyang: "Do you know when people start driving here? Not going to lie, I got my temporary license when I was 17."

Huffing angrily, Taehyung sourly replied, "So you have 1 more year of experience than me and think you're that great huh!"

Taeyang: "I am that great, what of it!"

Taehyung: "Screw you! So what of it, you're still single!"

Taeyang: "......"

A few seconds later, Taeyang looked at the rearview mirror and smiled: "Jimin, let's go to a bar tonight, and without Taehyung!"

The veins on Taehyung's forehead were close to popping: "You fucking asshole, do you want to die!"

Jimin had no words as he thought: Can you two not involve me in your fights? I only want to quietly sit in the back row and eat watermelons.

[[Ahh, we're near the end...... Taehyung and his bro are such a fun duo~]]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 7.5K 46
I go to Professor Jeon's room and knock his door . "Come in" "Professor .. you need me ?" I asked innocently "Mr Kim .. you better stop pretending...
54.4K 3.9K 37
A coming of age romance fanfic. Taehyung's friend and neighbor since childhood Park Jimin is literally a devil, A very very bad boy. Taehyung isn't r...
12.6K 853 46
He knew me so well and as if by telepathy he always knew when to show up. He always seemed to be right there when I needed someone. There were so ma...