Hearts Desire (Harry Styles)

By harrieforlife

"The higher you build walls around your heart, the harder you fall when someone tears them down." A story abo... More

Introduction/Authors Note
Chapter 1 - Golden State
Chapter 2 - 1967 Mustang
Chapter 3 - Corner Booth
Chapter 4 - Long Sleeves
Chapter 5 - Blushing Cheeks
Chapter 6 - Panic
Chapter 7 - Sunflower
Chapter 8 - Something about you
Chapter 9 - Uncle Bill's Pancakes
Chapter 10 - Casamigos Halloween
Chapter 11 - Truth or Dare
Chapter 12 - Strawberry Lipstick
Chapter 13 - Smitten
Chapter 14 - Private Planes & Pure Intentions
Chapter 15 - Trust
Chapter 16 - Butterflies
Chapter 17 - Mint Chocolate Chip
Chapter 19 - She
Chapter 20 - Thankful
Chapter 21 - Too good to be true
Chapter 22 - Too good to be true pt. 2
Chapter 23 - London deja vu
Chapter 24 - You look happy, princess.
Chapter 25 - No matter the cost
A/N
Chapter 26 - Till the sun don't shine

Chapter 18 - Music to my ears

249 7 0
By harrieforlife

Mia's POV

@ KeepingUpWithHarry Harry was spotted running around London yesterday with who has been confirmed as @ ItsMiaB, the sister of his best friend and producer/sound engineer @ DustinBernard. Although no PDA confirmed, the two are reported to have been really enjoying each other's company and quite flirty.

3.4K Retweets 2.8K Quotes 5K Likes

@ twitter1 She's not even pretty.
@ twitter2 How is the back of him so beautiful?
@ twitter3 He could do so much better than her.
@ twitter4 Omg Harry and Dustin's sister?! Who knew I needed this in my life.
@ twitter5 Lol they can just be friends guys chill.
@ twitter6 Wait...I think I ship it?
@ twitter7 Harry hanging out with someone?! The audacity of this man to have a life!!
@ twitter8 If they're together my heart will hurt, but from other tweets I've seen he's so happy around her.
@ twitter9 Ya'll it's literally one of his best friends sisters, they're just hanging out.
@ twitter10 She gives off bitch vibes.
@ twitter11 She's using her brother to get to celebrities, not cute.
@ twitter12 He is wayyy out of her league yikes.

"Fuck."

"Okay, we're gonna stop doing this now-" Sarah's voice was stern but gentle, taking the phone out of my hands as she plopped down next to me on the bed. "Putting your phone on do not disturb but getting on social media anyways defeats the purpose. Always better not to read these things, remember?"

My hands rested on my face, just nodding in agreement. I agreed with what she was saying, but curiosity killed the cat, right? "I know...and I knew this was probably gonna happen but I guess just deep down I hoped it wouldn't."

The sound of my phone going absolutely crazy was what woke me up this morning, photos being spread around like wildfire of Harry and I as we adventured through London. My social media accounts were bursting at the seams with new followers and mentions, although it wasn't necessarily hard to find out who I was with being tied to Dustin.

"You okay?" Sarah asked, putting my phone down on the nightstand before placing her hand gently on my arm as I removed my own from my face. "I know this can be a lot..."

"I'm fine." It wasn't a lie, I was fine, but that didn't mean I liked what I was seeing. As easy as it would be to do, I couldn't let these people hiding behind a screen tear me down, I had been through enough to let that be my downfall. I just hope my mindset stays like this. "Harry and I talked about the possibility of this happening before we even got out of the car yesterday." My fingers began anxiously picking at my cuticles.

Sarah smiled softly as she repositioned herself so she was facing me head on. "Has Harry said anything to you about it yet?"

I shook my head. "Not yet...."

"Well, I know he will. How are things between you two anyways? How was the official date?"

I let out a small laugh as she nudged me, wiggling her eyebrows up and down. "It was the best date I've ever been on." I admitted, not surprised to feel my face begin to heat up. I couldn't stop the smile no matter how hard I tried. "We're actually really good...I think at least-" I shrugged, "He just makes sure I'm comfortable...that I feel safe. I've realized that I don't wanna deprive myself of the happiness he's made me feel. Does that make sense?"

"Of course it does..." Sarah nodded. "So, are you still wanting to take it as slow as you thought?"

"I'm starting to think maybe not..." Letting out a sigh, I turned so I was facing her just as she was facing me. Sarah and I really bonded the night before leaving for London, I opened up to her about everything while we cried together drinking wine. I told her about the cheating, the lying, the abuse, how I lost almost everyone and even went as far as telling her about the night I almost lost myself. "But I don't really know where he would like to be, he's just been focused on what I'm okay with...what I want...I'm not used to that. You know I opened up to him, but I spared so many details...what if it ends up being too much for him? It can be really heavy shit, trust me I would know. Sometimes I just feel like it's always going to haunt me, no matter how happy I am, I'm still gonna be fucked up no matter what."

I didn't even realize my eyes starting to gloss over until Sarah pulled me me into her. "You're not the person you were back then, you've already grown from that. I've personally seen you grow in the amount of time I've known you. Mia, it's not gonna be too much for him, I wish you could hear how Harry talks about you when you're not around. I've never seen him like this with anyone." This made me smile again as Sarah gave me a big squeeze before releasing me.

"He talks about me?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"I mayyyy have overheard multiple conversations with him and Mitch where he is just gushing about you. He's all in, babes." She chuckled, "No matter what you share with him, he's gonna listen and he's gonna be there and same goes for me. All of us are here. You're stuck with us now..." She paused briefly. "Especially me!"

Before I could say anything the sound of someone rushing in the house caught both of our attention. "Mia? Mia, are you here?" Harry's voice rung throughout the hallway, and within seconds he was rushing into the room where Sarah and I were sat. "There you are! I tried calling a few times on my way home-" There was evident concern laced in not only his tone but his eyes as he glanced between the two of us, almost as if he was silently asking Sarah to leave the room.

Sarah apparently got the same vibe as she clapped her hands together, pulling herself off of the bed onto her feet. "I'm gonna go make a smoothie...would either of you like one?" She asked with a smile, eyes wider than normal.

"Yeah, sounds great." I nodded.

"Um, sure...yeah." Harry waved his hands around before running them over his face, letting out a heavy sigh as he watched Sarah walk out of the room, shutting the door behind her. He looked stressed. "Mia-"

"Are you okay?" I asked, standing from my spot on the bed, softly placing my arm on his making some of the tension melt off of his face.

"Did you see the pictures?" He grabbed onto my hands, I nodded in reply but before I could speak he began again. "I'm so sorry, Mia. I know we talked about this in the car yesterday, but I thought we were in the clear and then Jeff just showed me everything."

"Harry..." It's like he didn't hear me, continuing to spit words out like he couldn't get them out quick enough.

"I know what some of them are saying is incredibly cruel and I hate that I can't say anything, I mean I guess I could say something but I don't wanna give them what they want by doing this...to confirm or deny things and-"

"Harry!"

"God, I just wanna defend you because this isn't fair to you. We just wanted to go out and have a great day and we did, it was literally the most amazing day, but now you have to deal with all of this shit. You shouldn't have bad things said about you, they don't know how incredible and special you are and how it hurts me to see them say these awful things. Sometimes I wish I could just-"

My hands gave his a squeeze. "Baby, it's okay!" The moment the word left my mouth I felt my heart jump into my throat. It even brought Harry's words to a halt, his head tilting ever so slightly, eyes wide and brows raised as far up as they could go.

Baby.

Suddenly my mouth felt as dry as the desert. "Shit-" I muttered under my breath, squeezing my eyes shut. "I'm sorry, that slipped."

"You just called me baby...."

I pulled my hands away from his, now putting them over my face wishing that I would just disappear, that he wouldn't be able to see me if I couldn't see him. "Yup..." I mumbled into my hands. "I did, well aware, thank you." I brought my hands down, pointing towards the door avoiding any and all eye contact. "I'm just gonna go dig a hole for myself now and hide, if you'll excuse me-"

As I began to walk away Harry's hand gently grasped onto my wrist, swiftly spinning me back around and crashing my lips directly into his. It didn't take long for my wide eyes to flutter shut, melting as one of his arms wrapped around my waist while the other cupped my face.

He pulled me closer to him, our lips suddenly fighting for dominance as we deepened the kiss. My arms wound around his neck as his tongue brushed against my bottom lip for the first time, I quickly granted him access. The kissing was hungry and slow as our tongues danced with each other, neither of us able to get enough.

I didn't even realize we were moving until my back came in contact with the wall, Harry hoisting me up so my legs were now wrapped around his waist, his hands just barely touching my ass while my fingers tangled in his beautiful hair "Love...." Harry whispered breathlessly against my lips between kisses. "....we should probably....." Another slow kiss. "....slow.....down....."

"Do you want.....to.....to slow down?" I asked, almost in a whisper between our lips meeting just as he did. There was no denying how I was feeling in this moment, things I hadn't felt in a very long time.

Harry barely pulled away, forehead resting on mine, our lips still lightly brushing against each others as we both sat trying to catch our breath. "I don't want to do anything you're not ready for....I don't want to move too quickly for you. I told you I'm okay with moving slow, and I truly mean that."

"I know..." I pulled my head back, taking one hand and placing it under his chin so he would look at me. There was a fire in his eyes that I hadn't noticed before, but it felt like I also had a new fire inside of me. "But, I'm ready for this...to take a step forward..." Confidence spilled from my words as the grin grew on his face. He was radiant, just like the sun. He was golden. "I'm not ready to go all the way yet....but....I want this if you do."

"Promise you'll stop me if it ever gets to be too much?"

"I promise."

My hand that was holding his chin moved to the base of his head, pulling him in for another kiss. I took full control this time, earning a small groan from him as I tugged on his bottom lip with my teeth which drove me absolutely mad.

Our lips were moving in perfect sync as Harry began backing up, my legs still wrapped tightly around his waist. We moved until he found the bed, laying me down as gentle as he could given the way I was latched onto him. He positioned himself on top of me, resting on his knees and forearms, eyes going back and forth between mine as if he was asking for consent to move forward. "May I?" He touched the bottom of my shirt, in which I gave a nod, but he wasn't satisfied. "Love, I need you to use your words." He whispered sweetly, brushing my hair away from my face.

"Yes, you may take off my shirt."

Harry's sweet smile turned into a smirk to match mine in the blink of an eye as I assisted him with pulling the fabric over my head, quickly discarding it to a corner of the room before doing the same with his own.

My hands rested against his now bare chest before running down to the waistband of his pants and back up. I had seen him without a shirt before, but something about this moment made him look even more incredible than he had before, and I didn't even know that was possible. It was like we were both taking each other in as I caught his eyes wandering to my breasts still covered by a lace bralette. Slowly Harry lowered himself down again, but this time his lips traveled to my neck, leaving soft kisses, sucking ever so slightly down to my collarbone sending sparks throughout my entire body.

Harry was like a drug and I was quickly becoming addicted.

"You're so beautiful..." His whisper sent chills down my spine. "I can't get enough of you, Mia Jane. No matter what I do, you're on my mind." He was looking at me now with such intensity, but with such admiration at the same time. The butterflies were swarming in my stomach. "I don't want anyone else to give you the attention I can...to care for you the way I can...to make you feel how I can. Call me jealous...maybe selfish...but the thought of me not taking this chance and you ending up with someone else fucking sucks."

"Then call me jealous and selfish too..." I spoke barely above a whisper, looking back and forth between his eyes.

"Be mine, Mia..." He was nervous, I could not only see it in his eyes but feel it as my hands continued to rest on his chest, his heart felt like it was going to run away. "I wanted to ask last night, but I talked myself out of it. I want you to be my girlfriend..." This wasn't what I expected in this moment, but now my heart felt like it was going to run away.

I brought my hand to the side of his face, which he leaned into. There was very little hesitation before I spoke. "Please don't break my heart..."

"I would never dream of doing that." He shook his head, sincerity in his voice.

I truly believed him, fighting away the negative thoughts that were threatening to enter my mind.

My hands grasped the sides of his face, letting his eyes lock onto mine for just a moment before bringing his lips to mine once again. "Is this your way of saying yes?" He mumbled against my lips, not even attempting to pull away.

"Yes." I mumbled back, mimicking the grin that had spread across Harry's face. "I would love to be your girlfriend."

"Really?!" He asked, pulling away with eyes full of excitement now. They seemed brighter, he looked so happy that I found myself swooning again. "Are you sure? I understand if-"

"Yes, really! I'm sure." I nodded, cutting him off, giggling as Harry fell from his position hovering over me, pulling me to where I was now on top of him, showering my face in small kisses.

Harry brushed the hair behind my ear that was hanging down in front of my face. "Does this mean you'll call me baby now?"

"Oh you like that, hmm?" I asked with a raised brow.

"It's music to my ears."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 10K 36
Have you ever just fallen for someone that you knew wasn't meant for you. Someone that you knew it was wrong for you to want so badly. The feeling th...
489K 16.7K 65
- NOT COMPLETE - When struggling waiter, Harry Styles, meets college student, Daisy Miller, it seems that all's well that ends well. Well, from the...
181 48 25
A story of a girl looking for hope in a world where it seems impossible The higher you build walls around your heart, the harder you fall when someo...
13.5K 354 40
"No I don't want your sympathy" Anna comes from a troubled past, she finds it hard to let people in and trust them but when she meets Harry, everythi...