Chapter 21 - Too good to be true

Mia's POV

"Hold still!!" I laughed, attempting to paint Harry's thumb nail while his lips kept attacking my own making it tremendously difficult. "No more kisses until I'm done!"

"I can't help it!" He mumbled against my lips with a grin. "You're just so kissable!" His plump lips were extra pink at this point as he attacked me in one last exaggerated kiss.

The hand that wasn't being painted made it's way up to my face, almost instantly squishing my cheeks. "The fish returns!!!" He laughed as I puckered my lips. "Oi, and it's a kissable fish!!" He threw his head back, hand still wet with nail polish smacking onto his face. "I'm fighting the urge!!"

"Would you still like me if I was a fish?" My sentence was somewhat slurred, attempting a pout as my cheeks continued to be squished.

Harry removed his hand from his face, laughing as he saw my failed attempt of a pout, coming close enough to my face where the tips of our noses were touching. "Is that even a question? I would carry you around with me everywhere!"

"Oh really?" I giggled, gently grabbing his wrist to remove his hand from my cheeks. "And what would you carry me in? A little tank backpack?"

"Whatever I could put you in!" He grinned, dimples popping as his thumb brushed against my jawline. "As long as you were with me, I'd be the happiest man alive."

Even though we were talking about me becoming a literal fish, I was still swooning at his words. I hope more than anything that I make him a fraction of as happy as he has made me. I loved everything about this, how we could be so goofy with each other. That was something I had never really had, not like this.

"Gimme your hand so I can finish your nails..." I smiled softly, grabbing the unfinished hand trying to hide the bashful state that washed over me.

Harry's free hand wandered to the pearl necklace that sat right above my collarbone. "I like this necklace a lot." He smiled, brushing his knuckle against the pearls.

"Do you?" I asked, glancing at his face for just a moment before going back to focusing on perfecting my paint job as he hummed in reply. "Maybe we'll just have to get you one...." I smirked, making a mental note of this for Christmas that was right around the corner. Sarah and I had gone shopping together, but I still wanted to grab a few things. "We could match, it would be disgustingly cute."

"Ugh." He groaned, throwing his head back yet again.  " Goals. I love being disgustingly cute with you."

I shook my head as I finished painting the nails on his right hand. "Have I told you that you're a dork today?" I asked, releasing his hand and gesturing for the other. "Because you are."

"But I'm your dork!" He nudged me lightly with his elbow, careful not to mess up the wet polish. "Does that make you a dork by association?"

Letting out a dramatic sigh, I shook my head. "No, because I'm so high up on the cool scale that it just kinda cancels out." Harry narrowed his eyes at me, a playful look laced in them. "I don't make the rules" I continued, giving my shoulders a slight shrug.

"You're right, how could I forget?!"

A quietness washed over us as I carefully brushed the yellow onto Harry's middle fingernail, but I could feel his eyes boring into the top of my head. "You're staring..."

"Your point? I like what I see..." He shrugged, leaning down a little like he was studying my face. "You know you stick your tongue out when you concentrate?"

Pausing for just a moment, I realized that he was right, quickly pulling my tongue back in. "Psh, do not. Fake news!"

"Facts!" He chuckled, watching closely as I finished up his pinky nail. "And it's adorable." Twisting the cap of the nail polish to a close, I quickly sat it on the nightstand next to me only to be attacked down onto the bed the second it was out of my hands.