THORN LOVE

By Merlin_selen

Kinn and Porsche's happily-ever-after marriage existed only in fairy tales. The moment Kinn walked away from... More

It all come down to this
Surprise
Hurt
Rhythm of Misery
The unfortunate encounter
Too much
Don't make me weak
He knew
Everything fell apart
Not gonna feel anything
My life that never was mine
Can't anymore
Pit of darkness
Helpless heart
Tug-of-war
The chaotic grandpa
The truth hurt more than the lie
Marionette
Run to you
How to unlove
Heart in pieces
Nightmare
Unforgettable past
Fighting against the current
Hit the bull's-eye
Inception of a fresh odyssey
Aphrodite
Burning bridges
Drunk on you
Veracity or deceit
Encircled by inferno
The Revelation
Me and You till the end
Back to reality
Nemesis
No Salvation
The cataclysmic
Triumphant disquiet
Expiation
Rekindled Love
Mission impossible
The thing we do for love
Whispers of Wounds
Poignant colloquy
Querencia
The Bitter Lamentation
Nexus
Luminescence
Pendulum
Flambeau
Veiled heart
Kalopsia
Humepenthe
Demarcation
Phulรกssล

Before the storm

361 25 4
By Merlin_selen

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." Dr. Seuss

~

Kinn watches as Porsche throws back drink after drink. Earlier, he followed Porsche to the bar secretly because he was afraid something might happen to him, particularly when he was alone at night in a foreign country.

When Porsche told him earlier that it was over and they were getting divorced, he didn't say anything because, right at that moment, he knew it was over. He wants to fight for their love and make it right, but he doesn't want to make it any harder for him by holding onto him. He simply wishes for him to be joyful and wear the same smile he once did.

At first, he kept his distance, but as Porsche became more inebriated, he moved to a nearby seat to watch him more closely. Kinn panicked when Porsche looked in his direction, fearing that he might be recognized. However, Porsche was too intoxicated to notice.

As Porsche got up from his seat, he staggered towards him and slumped into the seat beside him. Kinn's heart skipped a beat from the suddenness of it.

"Wa...want....wane dance withhhh meee?" Porsche said, his words slightly slurred.

Kinn's eyes widened in surprise, but he remained silent. Anxiety gripped him as he watched for any sign of recognition from Porsche, dreading a possible scene. From his unsteady gait and unfocused eyes, it was obvious that Porsche was quite drunk. Kinn let out a heavy sigh and set down the glass Porsche was holding.

Porsche's eyes were locked onto him as he smiled softly, almost as if he were trying to read his thoughts. He closed the distance between them and narrowed his eyes to see him properly.

"You are...youuu...are handsomeeee just...just like my exxx husband," drawled Porsche, clearly under the influence. He moved closer to him, giggling softly as he tenderly caressed his face.

A hint of sadness flickered across Kinn's face at the word 'ex-husband'. Holding Porsche's hand, he can't help but trace the intricate design of their wedding ring with his finger. The mere idea of Porsche leaving and taking off his ring brings a wave of melancholy over him. He let go of his hand and shut his eyes, fighting to keep his feelings at bay.

Porsche's expression turned sour as Kinn let go of his hand and leaned back. Then, he shifted his gaze to his left hand and saw his wedding ring. He slipped the wedding band from his finger, and it clinked as it landed on the hard surface of the table.

"Sorry..... soryyyy, it's gone now. Puuffff," He said, showing him his hand.

Porsche leaned in, a mischievous smile on his face, and traced his finger around Kinn's chest. He just want to kiss the man in front of him. He only wanted to let go of the feelings inside him and break free. His eyelids felt heavy as he tried to keep them open.

"what was the...word....ahhh my placeee orrrr yoursss," Porsche's fingers tightened around Kinn collar as he pulled him in for a kiss that left them both breathless.

The kiss took Kinn by surprise, and he quickly pulled away.

"Porsche,"

Porsche smiled and wrapped her arm around his neck, pulling him close. He leaned in for a kiss, but suddenly collapsed into Kinn's chest.

"Porcshe..Porcshe," Kinn shook him to bring him back to consciousness, but Porsche was blacked out. "Porsche? Love?"

He tilted his head and looked at his face; Porsche was in a deep slumber. He moved his hair back and pressed a soft kiss on his forehead. "I love you,"

***

Kinn struggles to keep a drunk Porsche steady as he leads him to his bed. He lay him down gently on the bed, panting heavily. He sat beside him, holding his hand, and gazing at him. It was hard for him to watch him get drunk to the point of blacking out.

"Take it out when you're sober so it'll feel real," Kinn said as he slid the wedding band onto Porsche's finger.

He pushed back the tears and let out a heavy sigh, feeling defeated. He knows that after today, the sight of Porsche sleeping will be forever etched in his memory.

Porsche stirred and tried to open his eyes, but they remained heavy with sleep.

"Kinn...Kinn," he whispered, his voice barely audible. He was in a dreamy state, not quite awake, but not quite asleep.

"Yes, love," Kinn said softly, as he gently moved Porsche's hair away from his face.

"Kinnn.....Kinn...hate you......Jusssttt disappear...go away...." Porsche murmured in his sleep as he pulled the pillow closer to his chest, and hugged it tightly.

Leaning in, Kinn brushed his lips against his cheeks and let out a quiet breath.

"I will...I will, love. I'm sorry for everything that happened. One day, I hope you will be able to forgive me and let go of the hatred you have for me," He knows that no matter how many times he apologizes, it will never be enough. However, 'sorry' is the only word he can say to him.

"Forget about me..... find someone who deserves you and will make you happy. Just like how grandpa wanted, have children and live the happy life you always deserved," Kinn said as he ran his fingers through Porsche's hair.

His mind kept replaying Tawan's words over and over again.

'You are always selfish. It was your selfishness that killed your brother. Well, Kinn, the truth is you don't deserve love. You know what, maybe your mother is right'

"Forget the nightmare I put you through and smile again. Just like when we first met. I won't forget you. I'll love you until the end of time....Just for today...just let me hug you for the last time," Kinn whispered and kissed him again on his forehead.

Kinn slipped under the covers and wrapped his arms around Porsche from behind. Resting his head on Porsche's back, he was overwhelmed with emotion as tears streamed down his face. He had known it was over, but the realization still came as a blow to his heart.

***

Porsche's eyes opened to a world of pain: his head was pounding, and he felt completely drained of energy. He stretched and turned to the side, realizing the blanket was slightly tousled, as if someone had just gotten out of bed. Abruptly sitting up, he scanned his surroundings and realized he was back at the hotel.

"Kinn," He murmured and sign heavily as he held his temple.

With a grunt, he pushes himself up from the bed. The room was uncomfortably quiet.

He looked around, but there was no trace of Kinn in the room; not even his luggage was left behind. A message on the table caught his attention, reading 'Have a safe flight'

"Looks like he's gone. Good," Porsche said after he read the note.

He flopped down by the bed and scrolled through his phone. Big has called him several times. His mind was still on the missed call when his phone suddenly started ringing.

"Khun Porsche, I apologize for disturbing you, but I need to speak to Kinn. His phone is turned off," Big said, cutting straight to the point when Porsche answered the call. "Can I talk to him? It's urgent,"

"He is not with me. Try again calling again," Porsche was ready to hang up, but something was nagging at him. "Why are you looking for him, anyway?"

"I...I need to speak to him...its...." Big trailed off, not sure if he has to tell Porsche. "There is a problem. He must come back to Bangkok immediately,"

"What happened?"

"There is going to be an emergency board meeting to dismiss Kinn from his position and he might be...."

"He might be what?" Porsche interrupted.

Big was hesitant, knowing that their relationship was not as it appeared to others.

"I think....no...he's going to be arrested. An arrest warrant is likely to be issued soon. I spoke with the people I know at the police station.... I'm doing everything I can to keep the press out of it, but..."

"He is not with me. Call him again, " Interrupting, Porsche hung up the phone.

He stood up from the bed to take a shower, but he paused when he felt the vibration of an incoming call.

"What now?" Porsche let out an annoyed sigh as he reached for his phone again.

As soon as he saw the name, he sat back down on the edge of the bed and answered the call.

"Arm," Porsche exclaimed, surprised.

"Why surprised? Didn't you think I will know if you asked....."

"So I guess you know," Porsche said. They met while attending the same university, and have been friends ever since. Arm is the top hacker and tech whiz he knows. He also used to work for the National Intelligence Agency. "So do you have it?"

"I've sent you an email just now. But Why are you digging into your in-laws like that? You know this might get you in trouble,"

Porsche let out an exasperated sigh and rolled his eyes. That's why he avoided asking Arm from the beginning. He had a habit of over-analyzing and asking too many questions.

"Is everything okay?" Arm asked anxiously. They have lost in touch after Porsche got married and his work also kept him busy as well.

"All good," Porsche said as he looked over the email on his iPad.

"But..." Arm began, but then stopped, unsure of how to continue.

"What?" Porsche prompted.

"I found something strange that caught my attention. Your brother-in-law has been transferring a lot of money to one person for the past few years. The most recent transfer happened a month ago. That person just so happened to be your husband's ex. I mean, why would he do that? Anyway, So this guy...Tawan, has also bought a building for his parent in Chang Mai recently. It's....,"

As if struck by a spell, Porsche found himself frozen in place.

"Huh? What'd you say? Parent? Tawan's parents have passed away," Porsche said. He recalled Kinn telling him about Tawan's parents' death last night, and how it had affected Tawan, which was why he couldn't abandon him.

"What? No, his parents are alive.They live in Chiang Mai. I looked into him because I found it strange,"Arm explained. "Wait...is it me that's find it strange you know more about your husband's ex?"

"No way," Porsche muttered to himself. He's unsure whether to laugh or sympathize. He knew all too well the devilish ways of Kim, yet he prayed his instincts were wrong. "Anyway, thank you,"

After the call ended, Porsche read the report Arm sent him and shook his head in disbelief. He knew what to expect from that family, yet they always manage to exceed his expectations.

"Whatever, it's not my concern anymore," he muttered to himself. "Aish...."

He ruffled his hair in frustration before dialing Kinn's number, but it went straight to voicemail. He called again, still the same.

***

Since earlier, Rose has been sipping on wine while listening to classical music. She couldn't contain her happiness today, knowing that her hard work was finally going to pay off.

"Ma," Kim said, planting a kiss on his mother's cheek as he walked in.

Rose's face lit up with joy as she embraced her son tightly.

"Take a seat, my baby," Rose said with happiness. "The chef is making your favorite dish for dinner,"

Kim's eyes sparkled with delight as he gave his mother the freshly picked flower and settled down next to her.

"We will have everything in order before your father's return. Don't worry about anything," Rose assured her son. The pink carnations smelled like a mix of vanilla and honey, and as she breathed in the scent, her smile grew wider.

"But Pa...." Kim started, her voice trailing off uncertainly. Even though his mother is always on his side, his father favors Kinn as his heir.

"The moment it becomes headline news, your father won't have a choice," Rose said, placing the flower on the table. "Trust me, my dear son, your mother has everything covered,"

***

"Sir," Big said with a sigh of relief as he finally reached his boss. "Khun Kinn, there is..."

"Let it be, Big" Kinn said. He felt defeated and didn't want to deal with anything at this moment, wanting to accept things as they were. He returned to Bangkok before noon. He doesn't want to make him uncomfortable, so he booked a flight, and leave the private jet for Porsche.

"I will cooperate with the investigation. I'm fine..... I'll give you a call later,"

As he hung up the phone, he rested his head on the car headrest and took a moment to collect his thoughts.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Tangled Truth By

Fanfiction

17.3K 1.1K 21
"๐‘ฐ๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‡๐’Š๐’“๐’”๐’• ๐’•๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†?" "๐’€๐’†๐’”" "๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’“๐’š ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’๐’•๐’๐’†" ______________________________________ Porchay, is...
19.4K 440 17
Let's break up You promised me you never leave me
68.1K 2.5K 41
After a major betrayal and heartbreak, the heir of the largest business empire in Thailand had to make a split-second decision to save the empire fro...
283K 11.2K 60
Porsche will do anything to pay his debts. He gets contracted as a spy by a rival mafia group to track Kinn. Kinn lives by a strict rule, he never sp...