Biting Jasper

By SeraphinaRivera

An ordinary life turned upside down as Adam comes back to a small town in Virginia. Jasper is just trying to... More

Biting Jasper
† Chapter Three
† Chapter Four
† Chapter Five
† Chapter Six
† Chapter Seven
† Chapter Eight
† Chapter Nine
† Chapter Ten
† Chapter Eleven
† Chapter Twelve
† Chapter Thirteen
† Chapter Fourteen
Part Two - Description - New Cover
†† Chapter One
†† Chapter Two
†† Chapter Three
†† Chapter Four
†† Chapter Five
†† Chapter Six
†† Chapter Seven
†† Chapter Eight
†† Chapter Nine
†† Chapter Ten
†† Chapter Eleven
†† Chapter Twelve
†† Chapter Thirteen
†† Chapter Fourteen
†† Chapter Fifteen
†† Chapter Sixteen
†† Chapter Seventeen
†† Chapter Eighteen
†† Chapter Nineteen
†† Chapter Twenty
†† Chapter Twenty-One
†† Chapter Twenty-Two
†† Chapter Twenty-Three
†† Chapter Twenty-Four
†† Chapter Twenty-Five
†† Chapter Twenty-Six
†† Chapter Twenty-Seven

† Chapter Two

145K 3.7K 1K
By SeraphinaRivera

                                                                              [Vote Please!]

   I was walking by myself through the wet streets of this small town, people here were silent as they can be. Not even one sound was heard except for the crashing rain from above. The water itself was freezing, that it hurt when it touched my bare skin.

   It's actually a very bold and uneventful day, nothing has happened. I did my homework when I woke up this morning and watched some T.V. and did a little bit of mind stalking. I thought about nothing but Adam. He was so nice and kind to me the other day. And I still can't get over the fact that he called me beautiful!

   For a person like me, getting called beautiful by a God, a guy at that, is something incredible. It just makes any insecurity disappear. It might even make me ask him out from all the self-esteem I'm getting. Every girl and gay guy should have a boyfriend that always compliments them on how beautiful they are. Yep.

   I wish Adam was my boyfriend...Am I being a little weird? I think not.

   I walked inside the candy store and I was severely drenched from head to toe. Thank God for the rugs, or I wouldn't be allowed in to buy my daily dose of sugar. I grabbed a small plastic bag and went down the sour candy aisle. I began to pour as much sour gummy bears as I could then I wrapped it and tied it in a knot.

   "Hello Jasper, how are you this evening?" Ana said from behind the counter. I gave her the correct amount of money.

   "Good and you?"

   "Wonderful, have a good day."

   "Thank you, you too."

   I walked out. I hated these kind of conversations that last a few seconds. It's not like I really care how you are but you have to be polite and ask anyway. I walked down the streets, eating a few gummy bears and staring at the people who were running away from the rain.

   I enjoyed walking around the town and the parks. I might even visit the forest as long as it's day. But I'd have to bring Anasa along for protection.

   As I turned around the corner I bumped into some girl I've never seen before and she does not belong here. Just the way she's dressed tells me shes from a weird state like New York or something. She belongs next to Lady Gaga.

   "Sorry." I told her and walked around her.

   "Hey wait." She said and I quickly stopped and turned around as I chewed on another gummy bear.

   "Do you know where I can find an Adam?" She asked.

   "Adam? Is he new to this town?"

   "I think so."

   "No sorry, I just met him today at school but I don't know where to find him. He lives with his aunt though, if that helps."

   "Actually that does help. Thank you." She said and left running.

   "You're...welcome..." I said and walked the opposite direction. Once I turned to walk I bumped into another person. I was starting to get annoyed, but saw that it was Adam. I took a hand full of gummy bears and pushed them in my mouth.

   "Hey, what did you just tell that girl?" He asked while he grabbed my shoulders. I stared deeply into his eyes and almost dozed off.

   "Sowwi wha? I av my muth full o gooy bars." I mumbled. Yes I did this intentionally. I didn't feel like making a fool of myself by not knowing what to say. So I'm making a fool of myself by having my mouth full.

   "Chew, swallow." He said as he made eating faces. 

   "Tha isn't gon mak me sallo."

   "Spit it out then!" His face looked angry but in a nice way.

   "No wai. I spen gud mony on dis."

   "You're so weird." He smiled. 

   I took offense in that so I walked over to the side of the road and spat out the gummy bears. I watched them float away. Bye gummy bears. I turned around to face Adam and stared at him.

   "Tell me, what did you tell her?" He asked again.

   "She was wondering if I knew where to find you so I told her no but I told her you lived with your aunt."

   "You did what!" He freaked out.

   "What's wrong?" I examined his worry expression. He was really upset at this, but I didn't know. I don't even know what's going on. Is she his crazy ex that has come back to kill him?

   "Can we get out of the rain?" Adam said while he covered his eyes from the pouring rain. I was probably going to get sick, no doubt on that. That's good. I need sometime away from school.

   "I guess..."

   I followed him down the street until we found a small alley that no water reached. We entered it and I leaned against the wall and flipped my hair like a dog. I stared at him, why did he look so good while wet?

   "My mom says I'm not allowed to go in dark alleys with strangers." I murmured.

   His response was a chuckle but he didn't say any words. I waited and waited until I became impatient. Maybe having a boyfriend isn't such a great idea. I can walk on this earth without love! I was about to walk away but his voice suddenly stopped me.

   "This girl..." He looked up at the sky. His voice was so gentle, I wanted to lie on it if it were solid. "She's been looking for me for years. And now she's here."

   "Why is she looking for you?" I said concerned.

   "She wants this." He reached in his jacket and took out a very shiny necklace that was hanging on his neck. I stared at the beautiful symbols of it. I couldn't really make out what it was. "And I can't let her have it."

   "And now I told her where you live." I said.

   "Yes. Now I can't go back home or she will be there. Waiting for me."

   "It's not like she's going to kill you for it." I rolled my eyes at him. But he showed no expression, no feeling. "Right...?"

   "She will do what ever it takes to get it."

   "Why? Is it stolen? Did you steal it?"

   "No, it rightfully belongs to me."

   "So why does she want it then?"

   "It's hard to explain." He frowned and moved from side to side.

   Dizziness took over my vision and I slowly felt the world suddenly turn upside down. I couldn't keep my balance so I smashed against the wall and slowly slithered down on the floor. What is happening to me? Did I eat too many gummy bears? Gasp.

   Did Adam drug them while I wasn't looking?

   "What's...h-happening?" I stuttered, confusedly I looked around for Adam, I saw two of them. But then I noticed that one was thinner, and was wearing a dress. "Hey Adam, why are you wearing a dress?" I giggled.

   "What are you tal-" He quickly turned around. "Kim."

   "Hello there Adam, good to see you again."

   "Kim stop it. Leave him alone."

   "Who is Kim?" I chuckled for 50 seconds straight then subsided with a whistle. I felt so freaking high right now.

   "I can make him feel pain instead, which do you prefer?" She said.

   "What do you want?" Adam hissed at her.

   "You know exactly what I want." She inquired.

   "You know that I'm not going to give it to you."

   "You and I both know I can easily take it from you in a blink of an eye." She stared at him, waiting for him to make a move. But even I saw that Adam was afraid. I looked around and saw butterflies on his shoulders.

   "Hey...hey you." I pointed at the figure in front of me who went by the name Adam. "You have butterflies."

   "Can you stop it, Kim? Leave him alone."

   "Give me what I want, this doesn't have to end up in a fight."

   "Since when did you turn so evil?" He shook his head at her and held his necklace.

   "Since when did you turn gay?" She shot a look at me.

   "I'm happy!" I clapped my hands together. 

   "You know I can't give it to you." He pointed up at the sky, she looked up then looked back down instantly. 

   "I'm sure you can run and make it in time."

   I looked at my reflection on a puddle next to me. I didn't know what to think. But my eyes were as dark as coal. They were really shiny and reflected anything I looked at. I touched my eyes and smiled. Maybe it's chocolate. I have chocolate eyes now.

   "Hey, what's going on here?"

   I looked to my left and saw the town's sheriff. His hand laid perfectly still on his weapon. Both Kim and Adam stared at each other for what seemed for ever. And as soon as the sheriff came in sight. My drowsiness disappeared. I was back to my old self.

   "Nothing," Kim said and looked back at Adam. "I'll see you soon."

   She walked away, in what looked like 5 inch heels. I shook my head, I was still feeling a little dizzy and I have no idea what it caused it. I smiled at sheriff as I shook his hand.

   "Nice to see you again, Jasper. How is everything?"

   And by everything, he meant my mother. After my father's death she grieved for months. Shut herself from all society and left behind friends and family. She is still recovering slowly, with my help even faster.

   "Everything is well sir." I nodded.

   "Who are you?" He asked Adam.

   "I'm Adam, I'm new in town."

   "Nice to meet you Adam, enjoy yourself but stay out of trouble." He patted his back and he was off, the rain was still pouring like crazy. I'd guess it was a storm. I don't really watch news. I should probably be home right now. Safe.

   I listened to the rain splashing against the concrete sidewalk, it was such a beautiful sound. I almost forgot about the God in front of me. I stared at him as he stared at me. Both just drifted into some wonderland.

   "You stare too much." I interrupted our little contest, it was in my mind though.

   "I guess I have an eye for beauty."

   "Yeah, yeah, I'm beautiful. Now let's get down to business. Did you see what just happened to me?" I pointed at the ground.

   "See what?" He dropped his gaze at the spot I was pointing at. I stared at him in disbelief. 

   "I just totally...went on crack." My voice got higher as I got angrier.

   "I don't recall, sorry."

   I pursed my eye brows and stared at him briefly. Was he kidding? I couldn't even notice. He was lacking so much emotion that it made me angry.

   "Wait a minute!" I said suddenly remembering. "Did Kim really say Since when did you turn gay?"

   He looked uncomfortable for a second, and then he just looked at me. This time differently, unlike the other one hundred and thirty seven times he stared at me. This time with feeling but it wasn't like the feeling I wanted. It was more like sadness.

   "What's wrong?" I asked him.

   "Life."

   "Life?" I asked confused as I came closer to him. "What's wrong with life?"

   "It's very lonely for me." He said in a hushed whisper.

   I was confused, I didn't know where he was going with this. He did seem lonely, his blank expressions showed it. It concerned me even though I barely know him. But he was just so sweet and innocent looking. I couldn't turn my back on him even if I wanted. I felt...attatched to him somehow. Like we almost shared the same feelings.

   His face was so angelic, the way he stared at me, it's like he wasn't staring at me, he was staring at who I really was. He understood me, which felt insanely weird to me. And I admit I was a little creeped out by I enjoyed every minute of it, just like how he stared at me.

   I felt like I was overusing the word staring.

   "It doesn't have to be lonely. I'll be your friend."

   "I wish, but if you knew the real me then you would not want to be my friend."

   "I don't think so. Sure I barely know you and sometimes I think you're going to kidnap me but you're really..." I tried to find a decent word that wouldn't make me sound like a total idiot. "Cute..."

   He shyly looked down and my face heated in embarrassment. That was not the correct term. It was true but so not the correct word to use. I felt butterflies build up in my stomach and I didn't know what to say. We both stood there like idiots. Fools...

   "I heard you yesterday while you talked to your father's tomb stone."

   My heart, just stopped. It stopped like never before then it suddenly started beating fast. I looked up at him and tried not to show him my fear. My fear of him.

   "You...How?" I croaked, my voice super shaky.

   "You said it loud and clear. So you like me?" He teased.

   "Adam..." I said backing away.

   "What's wrong?"

   "You weren't near enough to have heard that. And the rain was pretty loud." I whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 64.4K 30
Charlie is just a boy who moved to a small town by a forest. He is your average small and socially anxious boy. He has a father who is never home. Bu...
12.4K 302 9
After having repeated dreams about a mystery guy, Casey's already fallen head over heels for this stranger. But when he shows up at his school things...
3.8M 158K 42
Book One in Mate Trilogy Sorenson was adopted at a young age, into a family that was abusive. His 'parents' would adopt more and more children and du...
2.5K 94 10
Devon just got back from his tour in Romania as a Navy SEAL Team Six member. He has a major problem though. After being with only his battle buddies...