† Chapter Nine

[<-Vote & Comment]

                                                                         Adam's Point Of View...

 Two Days Later...

          I searched through the dark streets of France, it was morning and I was pretty exhausted. The night helped me with my speed, this way not many people will see me and notice something strange about me. Like my speed.

          I held my map out in front of me, I tightly gripped the edges and read the street titles as I kept moving along. According to the map, the museum should be just around the corner.

          You know, being over two hundred years old, you'd think I'd learn all the languages by now. But I barely know French, though I know most of all the other languages except the least used. With all the time in the world, you'd make something useful of yourself and learn as much as possible. That's why us vampires are bright and intelligent.

         I never returned after Jasper sent me soaring through my roof top. He probably thinks I abandoned him, which is not true, I don't think I could never abandon him. I've attatched to him. He also probably thinks that I'm mad at him. But I left without telling him because I knew he'd try to come with me but I can't bring him along on this quick journy. Besides, I'm doing this for him.

          He would slow me down and end up getting hurt. He's a human. Just because he has an amazing powerful ability doesn't mean he's physically strong enough to withstand anything like vampires. He can't heal.

          I stopped running and looked up at the tall white building, this is it. The museum. I have to do this quick before it opens. I just want to get the staff and go back home where Jasper is. I missed him very much.

          I walked closer to the entrance as I looked to my sides for any sign of possible guards. I then used all my strength to make a jump. I soared through the air and did a front flip as I landed on the roof. This museum was probably four stories high.

          I looked down to see if anyone might have seen me but it all seemed clear to me.

          I looked back at the door in the middle of the roof top. It was an entrance to the stairs. I quickly ran towards it and twisted the knob. Locked. Of course! I'm going to have to break it, I really hate doing this. I'm not a theif, even though that's what I'm doing.

          I heard something, I closed my eyes and focused on the sounds around me. I heard the flaps of giant wings. My eyes sprung open with darkness and I turned around quickly as I saw Kim fly down and land on her feet. She stretched her wings just before they disappeared.

          "What are you doing here?" I hissed at her. "And how did you know I was here?"

          "Hello?" She said sarcastically. "Don't you know me?"

          "What ever." I turned around and punched the knob. It busted open and I pushed the door open.

          "Did I do something wrong?" She asked as I heard her footsteps come closer.

          "No, of course not." 

          She sensed my sarcasm. As I went to enter the stairs she turned me around and stared at me.

          "What's wrong?"

          "Nothing," I removed her hands from my shoulders. "Other than the fact that you wanted to kill me."