† Chapter Four

[Please Vote&Comment]

   I got out of my mom's car and took my book bag from under the seat. I threw it over my shoulders and leaned in to kiss my mom goodbye. It's Monday and my brain is still sleeping, school is just a few feet from me and I can see some people walking in.

   I closed the car's door and walked towards the school, it was still night so it was chilly. No rain, hopefully it remains that way. The path was still kind of damp. The air even felt a little foggy. I had a problem with fog. We don't like each other.

   When fog appears, I can't breathe at all. It's like the fog wraps itself around my neck and tortures me. Each breath of fog I take in is like knives going down my throat. It hurts. I wonder if there is such thing as being allergic to fog.

   It's weird. But no fog.

   I passed the American flag and entered the school's building. The halls were empty as always, my mom likes to drop me off early so it kind of sucks being alone. I made me way to my locker and passed a few girls who were giggling as they leaned against their lockers.

   I reached mine and pinched in my number then it opened. I took out my notebook that I always left inside here and placed it in my bag. I closed it and turned around and saw Anasa crossing the hall into the cafeteria.

   I quickly jogged her way and followed her until I reached the cafeteria. I never saw her come to school this early. I wonder what's wrong.

   I looked inside the cafeteria and saw her going to our usual lunch table. She sat down and took out a big golden book. Then she did what I never expected. She read. She is actually reading a book that contains actual words and no pictures.

   I decided to just walk away and leave her alone, if she's reading then I don't want to bother her. I'd get annoyed if someone interrupted me while I read. 

   I really hated mornings, it's always so cold and I felt sick to my stomach. The halls were bright as heaven and there wasn't a single soul walking through. I usually just had to sit down somewhere and wait for my friends to arrive but I hate sitting on the freezing floor.

   And I wasn't allowed to go outside unless it's lunch.

   I decided to go and sit inside the stair hall. I opened the two doors and felt the warm feeling crawl over me. Thank you!

   This is just a room with stairs that go up to the other floors. Most of us use the elevators though. I sat down on the middle of the first stairs and used my book bag for something to hug. I began thinking about Adam, it was the first time thinking of him in a day and a half. Saturday night was the last time I saw and thought about him.

   Yesterday I was just too busy with so many things that I forgot about his complete existence. And judging by his face, I'd find that quite difficult to keep away from one's mind. His beautiful and perfect face! It made me angry. Why couldn't I have been born perfect? Oh right, I'm related to my mom. That's why.

   Crazy daughter of a--

   "Son."

   I looked up the stairs and saw my dad, I smiled at him and moved to my right to let him sit next to me. His ghostly appearance made the room colder but that was okay. Besides, It's my dad. He smiled back at me and laid his hand on my knee.

   "I heard you on Friday, I'm sorry that I wasn't there." His voice was like a distorted echo but I could clearly hear it since I'm so used to it.