†† Chapter Twelve

[Vote please! This is one heck of a chapter! O_O Holy crap!]

               [Still in Adam's Point Of View...]

               It took me a few days to fly back to Virginia. Not only am I weak but I could literally feel myself dying from the lack of blood. I stopped by a blood bank two days ago but I couldn't get in without breaking a wall or a door. I didn't want to cause a disturbance to the blood bank so I just left. I've tried not to feed on people and so far I haven't for the sake of Jasper.

               I have human blood stored in my house so as soon as I get there then I will drink like no there's tomorrow. I just hope that Jasper hasn't done anything stupid. I miss him like heck and I know he won't forgive me easily.

               He can't stay mad at me with my seductive charm, he will forgive me, I know it.

               Besides, the only reason I left him like that was for his own safety. Psychics are unpredictable, luckily nothing happened to me - which surprised me.

               I had a friend who once approached a psychic in a very threatening way, she ended up losing her memory, all of it. She now lives God knows where. I'm not even sure if she's alive anymore. Being a vampire with no memory can often lead to your own death. The fear, the lack of knowledge, it's just awful.

               I sighed, soaring faster through the air - I could smell my home. I'm close. Too close.

               Crap. I can smell Jasper. He is either very close to my home or in my home. Gah! I should have thought of this before. He had no where to go! I'm stupid! How can I be so stupid? He made his mom lose the memory of having a child, so obviously he wouldn't have been able to stay with her.

                I guess we're both stupid in a way. He forgot about his friends and relatives that have the memory of him existing. Lucky he has me, I had one night completely to myself where I went back to his mom's house and completely altered her memory. She now believes Jasper ran away with me to live in another country and she would be understanding and happy for him.

               Don't judge me, it's all I could think of at the spot. It's better than going to every person that Jasper has met and erasing their memory. Much easier. 

               The closer I got, the stronger his scent became. He's in my home ... great ... here comes our first real argument. Him being angry at Kim and I for hiding the truth about his parents wasn't even an argument, it was more of a discussion... I'm gonna get my ass kicked aren't I?

               I spread my wings as I hovered over a tree and gently flowed down to a large branch. I knelt down as my wings disappeared and my eyes roamed the empty streets. I could see my home just a few blocks away. I wonder if Jasper can feel me near by. I never really understood how his vampire powers work. It's totally different from real vampires. He's like a hybrid. The only one.

               I jumped out of the tree and quickly ran down the street and hid behind another one, cautiously watching my home for any sign of him. Yes! I admit I'm a tad afraid of my own boyfriend, not in a powerful sense but in a relationship way. I don't want to fight with him. I don't want him to yell at me and tell me how worthless I am and how I don't deserve him.

               There were a few cars driving around but not close enough to see me. Any breathing, living soul was now sleeping in the safety of their homes. There was no one out. Looks like a busy work week. That's good.

               I jumped over the street and landed on the other side. I started walking, just walking like a normal human being. Kind of.

               I could feel my heart pounding hard against my chest, my hands were trembling and teeth were chattering. I've never been more scared to face a person in my life. And this is because Jasper is ... Jasper! He's my sweet, loving, kind and generous love of my life. There is nothing more scary than Jasper with a temper.