†† Chapter Twenty

[Vote because ... just because you love this story lol.

               We soared through the cloudless sky, the sun was just about to rise. Adam gripped on me tightly, since I still couldn't fly. I could actually hover a few feet off the ground with my own power but nothing like vampires. They had the wings and the speed.

               Adam and I have been running from death ever since we met. Sometimes I thought our relationship was a curse but it only made us stronger. Everything happened for a reason and I wouldn't take it back for the world.

               But no matter how many times we faced death, or how many magical beings we encountered, I was still young. I don't think I've had any fun for the past few months. It's all constant stress and insanity. Something had to be done before I went crazy. And it hit me.

               "Drop me," I told Adam.

               He looked down at me and gave me a look. "You're crazy."

               I looked deeply into his eyes and I knew that he wouldn't drop me no matter how much I begged. So I touched his chest and shocked him a little bit, which made him flinch and lose control of his body for a few seconds. And then I dropped.

               "Jasper!" Adam growled angrily as he dived down.

               I closed my eyes and let the wind glide me through the roaring air. It all felt relaxing, like floating on motionless water. I blinked up at Adam as he flew shot down like a bullet. I just smiled and let the gravity take care of me.

               When Adam was a few feet from me, I turned and shot down faster than him.

               "Jasper!" he roared.

               I ignored him and kept falling. It was only a matter of seconds before I'd hit the ground and become scrambled eggs.

               And then I saw a girl walking down a stone path that I was about to crash into. What is a girl doing in the middle of no where? More importantly why is there a path in the middle of no where? I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything for miles.

               I screamed like a girl because I couldn't slow down my speed. I was going to die and I was going to kill the girl.

               "WATCH OUT!" I screamed at her when I was close to contact. Her head snapped in my direction, confusion building in her expression.

               She jumped back just in time as I hit the ground with a loud sound that could almost be defined as an earthquake. I probably did cause an earthquake. It didn't hurt when I hit the ground, which surprised me and my body.

               I wasn't sure how far I went into the ground but everything was dark. I started clawing and digging my way out of the ground until I saw the morning sun.

               I felt a pair of hands grab mine and I was pulled right out of the ground. I faced a very, tempered looking Adam.

               "What do you think you are doing?" he asked me, staring with those incredible eyes.

               "I'm trying to have fun, can you please just chill? I've been doing nothing but running for my life. I need to have fun or I will become a very grumpy necromancer," I said defensively. 

               "Necromancer?" A voice asked.

               Crap. I almost forgot about the girl.