Moran - Dare to Love

By Ms_WhisperAngel

A story tells about Monami Mahajan, a soon-to-be graduate, freelanced by Karan Shergill, a young psychologis... More

Part -1
Part -2 Missing teenagers
Part-3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27 Coaxing and pampering
Part 28 Follow Rani sahiba k orders
Part 29
Part 30 A new case
Part 31 Who is the Murderer?
Part 32 love you like crazy
Part 33 Accident
Part 34 Statement
Part 35 Almost kiss
Part 36 Realisation
Part 37 Bar, drinks and indirect kiss
Part 38 A unique confession
Part 39 Some sweet time
Part 41 Childhood memories
Part 42 Family Homicide
Part 43 His efforts to get praise
Part 44 Another family murdered
Part 45 Abandoned
Part 46 Caught but Got Injured
Part 47 Avni visits
Part 48 Shades of Karan Shergill
Part 49 A Beautiful Night
Part 50 How Fast the night starts to change
Part 51 Suicide or were being controlled?
Part 52 Say 'hello' to Jenny
Part 53 Now it begins
Part 54 A trip to US
Part 55 A video for Karan
Part 56 Trying to show his life
Part 57 Profiling him
Part 58 Analysing victims life again
Part 59 His Fantasy
Part 60 Hunt, Rescue and a Deal
Part 61 Little Moments
Part 62 Of accident and attacks
Part 63 For Being Karan Shergill's Woman
Part 64 Break out
Part 65 Parcel
Part 66 Simon's secret
Part 67 The letter or suicide note?
Part 68 J. I am back
Side story - Allen
Part 69 The kiss before he kills
Part 70 The plan behind the trap
Part 71 The Final Move
Part 72 The new Beginning
Side Story Faizi -1
Side story Faizi Part 2
Extra stories - 1
Extra stories 2 - The college life
Extra Story-3 Henpecked Husband
Extra stories -4 Parenthood for Mr. And Mrs Shergill
Extra stories -5

Part 40 Goodbye

642 67 11
By Ms_WhisperAngel

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

I think there are some questions in your mind about how Karan behaved... Well no he is not have only lust for her.. if he did.. then on the first day when their relationship established he would not have stopped only at kiss.... He would have gone all the way till his desires fulfilled..

I know he is showing too much desire..

Then let me also clear this thing...
In my this story.. this is the Karan I thought, he has low EQ, and also has narcissist personality but then again he is someone jo jab tk sure he won't decide..

and he would not have said even if he never thought yet but unconsciously agreeing that he will marry her and will give very beautiful wedding.

Also then again, rahi baat possessiveness ki then agar woh possessive hota then he wouldn't even let her meet Sid.. aur na hi Faizi se.. he would have not let them talk..

And let me say though being a single..but in my mind 20s I can say lust and desire is part of love.. of course yeh love nahi hain.. but love me inke elements hote h..

I don't know whether you agree or not.

And agr aapko phir bhi Lage it's not in line then guys skip those parts..
It's just for my this story my Karan n Monami are like that.. and not only them but also Faizi, Sud and everyone else..

And yeah there is no fully guaranteed sidsa and koezi here.. maybe simple mention here or that..
And as the story is already completely written from my side in drafts.. I just need to edit some here n there..so there is no way to add scenes. ( And yeah sorry agr kisi ko bhi rude ya bura lage.. I am not being rude.. I am just being honest with my p.o.v.)

Continuing from the last part,

There was an endless crowd in the vast airport departure hall, and broadcast updates for the passengers every few minutes. This place was like the rest of Kolkata: prosperous, busy and surrounded by strangers.

Sid lighted a cigarette in the smoking room. He took out his mobile phone.

It's a photo of someone which he took a few years ago. She was smiling brightly in the sun. And he was standing behind her, with one hand on the railings and the other over her shoulder.

He gave a small laugh. He knew he should delete it.. When they parted, there was no chance in any way after that. He put out his cigarette and stood up.

As he opened the door of the smoking room, he saw Monami. Their eyes met. She smiles at him, like she normally would, warm and gentle.

But he knew what it means, Monu has found out about last mission and there is only one person who can tell her.. Damn Koel.. she was five years younger than him but loves to meddle like his elder aunt. But he kept his calm.

After a moment, he walked up to her. He smiled: 'Tu yahan kya kar rahi hain?"

This time, Monami voice has a little sadness in it: "tune mujhe apne last Mission k baare me btaya.. ok.. I got it now you are well.. but ab you don't even plan to say goodbye before you leave?"

Sid was quiet. Behind them, people were hurrying past to get the departure gates.

Both of them smiled at the same time. Sid reached out to pull Monami into his arms. Monami rests her hands on his back. He has a comfortable and broad chest, with a faint smell of sweat.

Even though Sid was three years older than Monami. Monami has never called him "bhai"

It was Sid... Sid bro.. When she needed him, he was always there. He was always encouraging her - "Tu yeh kr sakti hain.. Monu.. It is not that difficult." "Haan bs.. bilkul aise hi.. Well done."

Nothing more needed to be said. Her most important friend. Someone she never wanted to lose.

Sid cradled her in his arms.He tightened his grip, then let her go.

"Tu yahan departure lounge ke ander kaise aayi? It's restricted area." He asked.

She held up her police identity card: "That's quite handy. Now I know how you feel to have a pass that gives you access everywhere."

Sid laughed. He put his hand on her shoulders: "Go. I need to board the plane."

"Mmm..." Monami laughed too. She walked with him. They were at the start of the corridor that leads to the departure gate.

"Tera new boyfriend aaj tere sath nahi hain?" He asked.

"Na, he said he didn't want to disturb a pair of childhood buddies.."

-----

There are many kinds of love. Sid's love to Monami was in between friends and siblings.

From young, they hung out together. As Monami was growing up, a lot of boys were interested in her. They wanted to go after her, but they were blocked by Sid. Others used to say to him: "Hey, you are only protecting her so that you can have her all to yourself." He used to say to them: "That's my sister. I am not going to let her get into a relationship in her teens. It's too young."

Then a year later, he finished his last year of secondary school. He got into the Police academy. He needed to leave town. On his last day at home, he went to her house.

At the entrance of their house, he heard Koel crying: "Sis, tujhe chlega agar Sid jaa raha hain toh?"

At the time, Monami was fifteen. Koel was thirteen. Sid overhead their conversation.

"Of course not.... Main usse bahut miss jyada miss krungi..."Monami says: "Actually, I want to go to the Police Academy too."

Sid felt like something was pricking his heart.

Monami was a strong girl. He seldom saw her in tears. She must really like her Sid bro.

That night, Sid made up his mind. He wanted to tell her that he will wait for her. He will wait for her to grow up. When she is eighteen, he will be his be their as his senior to help her and guide her like always. But, when after two years, he stepped into their house for the second time though, he overheard another conversation. This time, it's between his mom, and her mom.

"Tum Monami ko police academy nahi jaane dogi?" Sid's mom asked. "Actually ab aajkal policemen bnana bura nahi hain.. girls bhi bahut hain.... Samay badal gaya hain."

Monami's mom shook her head: "Na hi samay ki baat hain.. na ladka ladki ki.. bs main nahi chahti woh jaye.. Sach kahu toh main yeh bhi nahi chahti ki woh kisi police afsar k sath woh zindagi bitaye..tum toh janti ho bachpan ka woh hadsa.. Main nahi chahti usse wahi baat baar baar baar iss wajah se yaad aaye.. janti hoon badi hone k baad usse sahi lagega woh waise hi kregi..par abhi toh woh chhoti hain.. I don't want her to carry the burden for the rest of her life... Mujhe pta hain bura lagega usse.. par woh meri baat nahi talegi.. maa hoon.. Darr lagta hain.. meri bachi k liye.."

Sid's mom padded her back: "Samjhti hoon main.. aur tension Mt lo.. Aur Sid bhi hain na.. woh dhyan rakhega. Both of them are good kids. We are very lucky." and before he could help Monami.. he was pushed to help his parents and her mother by a promise...

-----

After that, Sid met her.. his first girlfriend, his first love.. they met in their police training days. But she didn't want to live in a small town. When Sid returned to his hometown to work while she flew to be trained for international police branc and they broke up.

Then, Last winter, he met Monami again. He was very happy to see her. Then Monami became Karan 's assistant. He felt a hint of protectiveness.

But he didn't persist. He was sure Monami knows how to handle herself. Once he persuaded her to not take that path due to a promise.. one he regretted but now there was no need..

Until two months ago, he was badly injured while investigating a case. Stabbed by one of the criminal several times.

People sax you see visions before you die. At the verge of death, he remembered seeing a flash of white light. Then blood speared all over a dull and confused world.

He saw his parents. He was in his police uniform. They were smiling, hugging as a family. He saw his first love.. them being in so much pure blissful life.. and among them these important people.. how could he wouldn't have seen his bro..

Then he saw a room, full of blood.

A room that is decorated in 2010s, with a led TV. The sofa was the old fashioned type that had springs in them. There were a few people lying on the ground. A lot of people were in the room. Many of them, crying. As he entered the room, he stepped into a pool of blood.

Then he heard someone say:

"All dead, except for two kids."

"Chhoti wali ko toh bahar le Gaye hain but badi wali woh jaane se mana kar rahi hain.. She is clinging on to Deepak sir.

"Usne sab dekha hain."

"Sid? Tum yahan ander kaise aaye? Goyal, inn dono bachhon ko bahar leke Jaa..."

Then someone put a little girl next to him. She had blood all over her.

He looked down. His little face was pale. Her eyes were wide open. She was not crying. She was not making a sound. She used her little arms to hug him. He hugged her back.

They hugged each other for the next few days. They refused to let go. They slept together at night.

That year. He was ten. She was seven.

They were best friends from childhood but more that for him she was his soul sister..Monu bro.. whom he loved.. He knew he loved his family, his girlfriend but Monu was the special existence for him from childhood. The most cherished one. his comfort zone..

-------

Koel was home. She often visited him in the hospital. One day she picked up his mobile phone: "It's a missed call from sis. Usne tumhe text Kiya hain.. tum koi reply nahi Dene Wale ho usse??"

He smiled: "Nahi, agar galti se bhi usse ehsaas hua iss baare me.. then, she will drop everything she is doing and come back immediately. She just started her new job."

Koel looked at him. She kept quiet.

But Sid was well aware of the real reason. He didn't want her to see him in pain. It would be too heartbreaking for her. He is a man. A police. If he has to sacrifice his life for justice, so be it. But he did not want to see his Monu bro his comfort zone to shed a tear for him.

When he was well, he would go and find her.

----

At the departure gate. Most of the travellers have boarded the plane.

Sid turned to look at Monami. He didn't say much, just ruffled her hair with a smile.

Monami laughed too: "I will come back to visit you during the New Year."

"Mmmm..."

Moments of quiet.

Then he called her softly: "Monami."

"Huh..." Monami answered

"Look who is here." He pointed to her back.

Monami thought "No way...usne kaha tha woh.. " She turned around, but there were only faces of strangers. There was no sight of the arrogant man.

She turned back to face Sid. He laughed then suddenly a shadow covered her body. The next thing she knows, He was hugging her.. again

His hand wrapped around her waist. She felt wetness on her shoulders.. Was he crying.. she can't tell.. but she can feel.. why.... She put her hands on his shoulders.. trying to give me him strength and comfort.. there was a weird feeling she felt.. as if.. as.. if.. she couldn't point out..

After some time, Monami tried to push him away. But before long, he let go of her. They kept a safe distance between them. His face seemed to be blushing too. There were some traces.. on his face.. in his eyes.. liquid.. Monami looked at him. She didn't know what to say.

He laughed and touched his eyes"Just this once..."

He said slowly. "Yeh Mt sochna ki emotional hua hoon main.. just there is something in eyes."

Monami felt heaviness in her heart.

He has a big smile on his face. "Ok, I am going. Remember, you said you'd visit this winter." He turned around walked to the gate.

"Bhai!" Monami Shouted out.

He paused his steps.

"Have a good trip. Send me a text when you get home."

He didn't look back. He waved to her and said his farewell in a warm voice: "Goodbye, Monami."

-------

Monami drove Karan 's Grand Cherokee to the airport today. When she left the carpark, it's past 8:00pm.

The corners of her eyes starts to get wet. She let down the windows of the car. The autumn's breeze comes through. After a while, the tears were dried off.

-------

When she got back into the apartment. The TV was on, but there was no one in the living room.

She took off her shoes to change into house slippers. A sweet buttery smell was coming from the kitchen.

She walked into the kitchen and found Karan with a black apron over his shirt and trousers. He was wearing a pair of mittens, standing proudly in front of the kitchen table.

A combination of cool & chic, and warmth & family. Two images that don't usually fit together. It's a strangely comforting sight. He took a look at her and turned to the oven.

Monami walked to him: "Tum kya kar rahe ho?"

He was wearing mittens, so he can't hug her. He leaned over to give her a peck on the lips.

"As tum apne bachpan k pyaare se dost ko goodbye kehne gayi thi toh tumhare boyfriend ne decide Kiya ki kyon na Aaj tumhare liye cookies bnaye."

She was stunned.

After work today, she told him she was going to the airport to send Sid off. Karan just said to her: "Ok, Then go"

She thought he would be upset with her. But he simply said: "Be careful. Don't come home too late."

She thought Karan don't really care about Sid.

For Karan, it's not he didn't care.. but he knows where to give space.. He is a psychologist. Just because he is slow with his own emotions doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings. In fact, since he met Monami on day one, he quite liked her. But he thought that the'like' feeling was similar to what he had for Faizi - friendship.... until he realised how much he wanted to have her all to himself.

----

Once he realised it is love, he did never hesitated to show what he felt honestly to Monami.. whether it was desire, tease, love, happiness, sadness.. he wanted to spend his life with her.. so he just was himself when he was with Monami.

When he heard that Monami wanted to send Sid off by herself, he was not entirely happy. But he is a gentleman and he knew he had to respect Monami and give her the space she needed.

So.. he baked cookies for her instead.

Because, she made a passing comment before about a particular cookie recipe that she likes very much.

-------

Their eyes met. His gentle gaze melted away any remaining heaviness in her heart.

She wrapped her hands around his waist: "Thank you. My hardworking boyfriend."

Since they were together, this is the first time she has initiated a hug (although it's only been a week, Karan felt they have been together for a long time). His lips curled into a smile: "You don't have much strength."

Squeeze harder, woman!

------

But Karan dud not like to be interrupted when he was in action. This applied to baking too. After a while, he made Monami waits for him outside.

When the cookies were ready, he tried the first one. He was happy with it.

A plate of his cookies, some red wine, and a red rose. He carried the tray into the living area but no one waa there. She was standing in the balcony. She turned around to look at him. She has light a candle and placed it on the balcony table. She looked beautiful under the candlelight.

- Oh.... she is so romantic.

Karan put down the biscuits and gave her a hug.

"Kya hum kuch baat kr sakte hain?" She asked.

"Mmmm...."

"Main tumhe mere bachpan k baare me btana chahti hoon.."

The Karan that is focusing on her hands that he clasped paused. Then he locked his hand tightly around her waist: "A good decision." he said to her.

*****

Okkie so next is Monami's childhood.
Guys there is meaning behind this part heading...

Why I wrote so much about on this heading in this part.

Alright jald hi wapas milte hain...

Par tab tk k liye
Ta-ta

Signing off
Kriya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 1K 82
"ℍ𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘....." ★★★ AARYANSH × ISH...
302K 18.7K 54
Reena was the daughter of the billionaire, the founder of Oberoi Cyber Security but the death of her parents shakens her mental health. No Psychtrist...
38K 3.3K 30
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
531K 34.5K 100
5 ACE SERIES [ SECOND BOOK ] **** Have you ever thought about how far one would go for love? Curious to know then read further ---- **** She was tra...