Full Moon ☾ Derek Hale

By phbdnm90

"How many times can you cheat death?" Hayley McCall has a dark past that haunts her every day of her 17 year... More

cast
Chapter 1: Wolf Moon
Chapter 2: Second Chance at First Line
Chapter 3: Pack Mentality
Chapter 4: Magic Bullet
Chapter Five: The Tell
Chapter Six: Heart Monitor
Chapter Seven: Night School Part 1
Chapter Eight: Night School, Part 2
Chapter Nine: Lunatic
Chapter Ten: Wolfs Bane (Part 1)
Chapter Eleven: Wolfs Bane (Part 2)
Chapter Twelve: Co-Captain
Chapter 13: Formality
Chapter Fourteen: Code Breaker (Part 1)
Chapter Fifteen: Code Breaker (Part 2)
Chapter Sixteen: Omega
Chapter Seventeen: Shape Shifter
Chapter Eighteen: Ice Pick
Chapter 19: Abomination (Part 1)
Chapter Twenty: Abomination (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty One: Venomous
Chapter Twenty Two: Frenemy
Chapter Twenty-Three: Frenemy (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty Four: Restraint
Chapter Twenty Five: Raving
Chapter Twenty Six: Party Guessed (Part 1)
Chapter Twenty Seven: Party Guessed (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Fury (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty: Battlefield (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty-One: Battlefield (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-Two: Master Plan (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty Three: Master Plan (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-Four: Master Plan (Part 3)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Puzzle Pieces (S2 Bonus Chapter!)
Chapter Thirty-Six: Tattoo
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Chaos Rising (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Chaos Rising (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Fireflies (Part 1)
Chapter Forty: Fireflies (Part 2)
Chapter Forty-One: Unleashed (Part 1)
Chapter Forty-Two: Unleashed [Part 2]
Chapter Forty-Three: Frayed [Part 1]
Chapter Forty-Four: The Frayed (Part 2)

Chapter Twenty Eight: Fury (Part 1)

721 14 2
By phbdnm90

Chapter Twenty Eight: Fury (Part 1)

Chapter Song: Tessellate by Alt-J

☾☾☾

"Faster!" I urged Stiles as he drove down a winding road that lead to the Stilinski home. Even with Stiles pushing double the speed limit, it wasn't enough. 

"Hayley, what does it look like I'm doing?" He shot back.

"Matt could be in Canada by now, Stiles. He knows we know." I huffed, running a hand through my hair.  I turned to face Scott in the backseat. "What are we going to do?"

Scott reluctantly shook his head, "I don't know."

☾☾

"So this kid is the real killer?" Sheriff Stilinski rose a brow, glaring down Matt's picture in last years yearbook. We all stood hovering over Stiles' desk, staring at Matt's smiling picture and admitting to the Sheriff that somehow we knew who was responsible for all the murders in town. 

"Yeah." Stiles sighed. Scott and I nodded in unison.

"No." Sheriff immediately refuted. 

"Dad, yes!"

"No."

"Dad, yes! Everybody knows the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all you have to do is, like, look through the transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common!" Stiles explained. 

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris' class."

"Yeah, alright, okay. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles asked.

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything!" Sheriff defended. Stiles stammered his words in frustration. "Do you two believe this?" The father son duo looked over to us. 

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just have to trust us. We know it's Matt." Scott nodded. The Sheriff looked to me as Stiles threw jumbled words at him.

"He's telling the truth." I agreed. At this point, telling the Sheriff about how exactly we knew would have been more convincing than the way we were doing it. But we couldn't exactly say 'hey, Sheriff, we saw Matt with the giant supernatural lizard that's doing all the killings, he's the one'.

"He took Harris' car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Alright fine." Sheriff groaned, caving to the possibility Stiles was right. "I'll allow the remote possibility—only on one condition! I need a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles cried. There was a pause as Sheriff shook his head. Scott and I grew silent, unsure of the motive. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't one in like...six years." I gritted my teeth as Stiles' lame and half assed excuse lost his father completely. 

"They really do." I reluctantly agreed, pursing my lips. "Just...really bad..." I grimaced. 

"Okay, we don't have a motive yet but you have to believe us." 

"What do you want me to do?"

"We need to look at the evidence." Scott said. 

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work."

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles assured.

"Trust you?" Sheriff fumbled over his words in disbelief that his son would ask such a thing.

"Trust—trust Scott?" Stiles corrected. Insulted, I looked to Stiles with my brows furrowed and lips pouted. 

"Scott I trust." The Sheriff admitted.

☾☾☾

By a quarter to two, we found ourselves walking inside the police station. Scott and Stiles stood by my side while the Sheriff stood ahead of us at the front desk, attempting to persuade the officer to let him through to the back. My brother and Stiles whispered back and forth about deciding on looking at the hospital footage first since that was the only murder not committed by Jackson.

"There's cameras in basically every inch of the hospital, I'm sure at least one of them picked Matt up." I thought. 

"Kids." The Sheriff called, motioning us to follow him into the back. Relief settled over me knowing that we were past getting into the station. Now, was the hard part--getting evidence on Matt and putting him away. The Sheriff settled into his former desk chair, quickly working his way through his computer to pull up the hospital's security camera footage. He eventually was able to find footage from the second floor where the pregnant girl was mysteriously killed. We rolled through the footage, growing anxious when we couldn't spot Matt on the video. 

"There was a six car pile up that night, the hospital was jammed." Sheriff sighed, skimming every  individual who came into frame. And there was a lot. 

"Alright just keep going. Look, he had to have passed one of the cameras on that floor to get to Jessica, okay? He's got to be on the footage somewhere."

"Oh hold on! Stop!" Scott cried. "Did you see that? Scroll back." The footage quickly reversed. Among several patients and nurses, a man clad in a leather jacket barged down the halls, walking with purpose. 

"That's him! That's Matt!" Stiles shouted. Sheriff paused the footage. 

"All I see is the back of a head."

"Matt's head, yeah! I sit behind him in History. He's got a very distinct cranium. It's weird." I pinched the bridge of my nose, knowing Stiles' excuse would lead the Sheriff to give up soon. 

"Are you crazy?" The Sheriff blatantly asked his on.

"All right! Fine! Then look at his jacket, huh? How many people do you know who wear black leather jackets?" Stiles asked. The Sheriff rose a brow, looking from Stiles and over to me. Everyone's gaze fell on me, specifically to my black leather jacket. I looked to Stiles, silently assuring him that he was an idiot.

"Millions, literally." I blandly stated.

"Who's team are you on here?" Stiles cried.

"Okay enough! Can we scroll forward? There's got to be a shot of him coming at one of the cameras." The footage switched cameras and quickly continued to scroll. 

"See, see! There he is again!" Stiles pointed out, causing Sheriff to pause the footage again. 

"You mean there's the back of his head again." Sheriff corrected.

"But he's talking to someone!" Stiles realized. My fingernails dug into the flesh of my palm. 

"Yeah. My mom." I realized, my teeth gritting together. 

☾☾☾

Shortly after finding mom on the footage, Scott and I had the guts to call her. She had just gotten home from work, and she was growing tired of our interrogation. 

"Do you two know how many people I deal with in a day?" She scoffed over the speaker phone. 

"Yes, yes! But he's 16, dark hair, looks like your normal run-of-the-mill teenager..." I trailed off, trying to think of anything to jog her memory. 

"That's not the least bit helpful. If anything, you just described Scott."  

"He looks evil!" Stiles leaned into the phone and inserted. I shoved him away. 

"Hayley, I already talked to the police about this." Mom sighed.

"Okay, mom, I'm going to take a picture and send it to you." Scott intervened. He quickly grabbed the phone and snapped a picture of Matt's yearbook photo. There was a quick pause. "Did you get it?" Scott asked after he heard the swooshing of the sending noise.

"Yeah." She skeptically answered.

"Do you recognize him? Do you remember him?"

"Yeah, I did. I mean, I remember I stopped him because he was tracking mud in the hall." Mom recalled. The Sheriff glared at all of us, finally grasping at the fact we weren't lying. "Kids, what's going on?"Mom asked after there was a long pause on our end. 

"It's nothing mom. I'll explain later. We got to go." Without biding a goodbye, Scott hung up the phone. Sheriff began working fast, grabbing a manila folder and searching through the papers.

 "We found shoe prints alongside the tire tracks at the trailer site." Sheriff informed as he flipped through the folder. 

"That puts Matt at the sight of three murders! The trailer, the hospital, and the rave!" Stiles realized.

"Actually, four. A credit card receipt for an oil change was signed by Matt at the garage where the mechanic was killed."

"When?"

"A couple hours before you got there." Sheriff looked over to his son.

"Alright dad if one's an incident and two's a coincidence, and three's a pattern, what's four?"

"Four's enough for a warrant. Call your mom back, see how quick she can get here." Sheriff urged. Scott grabbed the phone first and started dialing. "If I can get an official ID, I can get a search warrant. Hayley, go to the front desk with Stiles and tell them to let your mom in when she gets here."

"On it." Stiles informed, ushering me out of the room with him.

 "I can't believe we're going to get him." I stated in disbelief. Was it possible this would be over? 

"I kn..." Stiles' words faded off as we reached the front lobby. The night guard manning the desk had disappeared. My first initial thought was she had taken a coffee break, but the station grew eerily quiet.

"Hello?" Stiles called out. My throat tightened, a shiver creeping up my back as I realized something didn't feel right. I took a step forward only to freeze immediately in my spot. I looked down to the floor, the guard sprawled out in front of me. Her shirt was cut up and tainted with blood, the khaki fabric quickly dying itself a deep red. Her chest had been mutilated with rips and tears, ones that didn't look like they came from a knife. Her eyes were left wide open, her body lifeless. My face paled to a ghostly white, a shaky breath escaping through my parted lips. Nothing human did this. The Kanima was here

"Sti-Sti-Stiles." I stammered, my voice a whimper. A wave of nausea rolled through me as I my legs grew numb looking at the gruesome scene before me. 

Stiles jaw dropped as he stumbled upon the body. He looked to me, fear painted among his face. We quickly whipped around in hopes to warn his father and Scott of the impending danger. Instead, we were greeted by the metal barrel of a gun. Matt glared at us with a crazed look in his watery eyes. He cocked his head, his lips picking up into a sickening smirk. He put a finger to his lips, ordering us to be quiet. He jabbed the gun at us, silently forcing us to move forward. 

I stared down the barrel of the gun that was aimed right at me. My eyes grew large, watching my father fall to the ground. Red liquid spilled out of his body, staining the once pristine beige carpet. There was screaming and yelling, dad was shouting at me. I looked past the barrel and to the man holding the weapon. He cocked his head as he stared at me, a sickening smirk on his lips. His eyes were red and watery, yet his face was almost relieved. His finger hovered over the trigger of the gun. James pulled back the top of the gun, the weapon clicking.

The sound of the gun clicking rang in my ears as I continued the walk of shame down the stations hallways. Stiles stayed right at my side as he knew any sudden movement would set Matt off. And we all knew Matt was more than happy to release that trigger. 

"Sherriff?" Scott spoke up when he realized something was wrong. Stiles and I walked through the door, Matt pushing us forward as he shoved the barrel into our backs. I walked forward, taking a stance beside my brother as his jaw slacked. Stiles did just the same. 

"Matt? It's Matt right? Matt, whatever is going on I guarantee there is a solution that doesn't involve a gun." Sherriff calmly spoke. 

"You know, it's funny you say that, because, I don't think you're aware of how right you are."

"I know you don't want to hurt people."

"Actually, I wanna hurt a lot of people. You four weren't on my list but I could be persuaded. And one way is to try dialing somebody on your cell phone like McCall is doing." I froze, looking to my side at Scott. His hand was halfway in the front pocket of his jeans. The movement of his fingers attempted to go unseen but was ultimately unsuccessful. Quickly, Scott pulled his hand out of the pocket. He swallowed hard. "That—that could definitely get someone hurt." Matt paused. I looked over to my leather jacket strewn on one of the chairs. My phone sat in the pocket. There was no way I could even attempt to get to it without Matt realizing now. "Everyone. Phones! Now!" He barked. Looking up to Matt, I put my hands up at my side to show him I wasn't trying to do anything to get hurt. I slowly leaned to the side and reached into my jacket pocket, grabbing my phone and showing it to him. As I placed it on the table, my home screen lit up with a message from Derek: Where are you?

☾☾☾

I wasn't sure of how much time had passed by the time Matt had led us to the holding cells. Stiles was finishing hand cuffing his dad to the wall, Matt watching his every move as he aimed the gun at the Sheriff.

"Tighter." Matt demanded.

"How are we going to get out of this?" I whispered to Scott.

"I don't know." He honestly answered.

"Do what he says Stiles." The Sheriff agreed to his son.

"Did you tell Derek we were here?" I quietly asked. Scott shook his head, his eyes glued on Matt, not wanting to set him off. 

"I left a message saying it was Matt, nothing about where we were going." Scott quietly responded. "I was trying to text him when Matt caught me."

"What—"

"Hey! Did I say anything about talking being allowed?" Matt snapped, turning around on his heel and waving the gun at us. Scott and I both closed our lips tightly together. "Move, now." He urged. With a gun to our backs, Matt followed us close behind as we traveled through the hallways and back towards the office. Passing an adjacent hallway, Scott stopped short in his place, his face contorting with horror. I looked into the adjoining hallway, my heart pounding twice as hard as before. Knots formed in my stomach and throat, my hands beginning to shake while a familiar metallic smell wafted up into my nose.

There was blood. So much blood.

Not that blood wasn't anything I haven't seen before. Carnage and despair seemed like a weekly occurrence in Beacon Hills nowadays.

There was blood smeared all over the walls, hand prints and splatters were everywhere. I blinked, hoping the scene in front of me was a flashback or hallucination. Blood. Blood everywhere.

My eyes failed to rid of the scene in front of me.

The bloody, mangled bodies of three male officers were strewn and slumped on the floor. Their chests were ripped open and blood was pooling on the linoleum. There was an officer on the back, his chest slowly rising and falling as he wheezed for air. His eyes were open and they pleaded for help. 

"Are you going to kill everyone in here?" Scott barked. Matt scoffed, finding Scott's troubled question amusing. 

"No, that's what Jackson's for. I just think about killing them! And he does it." Matt smiled as he shoved us forward.

☾☾☾

Stiles was hovering over the computer in his fathers former office, his fingers typing away at the keyboard as he deleted crucial files involving any and all evidence of Matt being involved in the murders. Scott was shredding all physical evidence Stiles' dad had in the files—blood samples, finger prints, crime scene photos...everything was being destroyed as if it had never existed in the first place. I sat on the couch with Matt beside me pointing a gun into my side. I sat perfectly still, afraid that the slightest of movements would have him pull the trigger. 

"Deleted. And we're done. Alright, so Matt, the people you brutally murdered deserved it because they killed you first—whatever that means—I think we're good here, right? So I'll just get my dad, and, we'll go. You know, you continue the whole vengeance thing. Enjoy the Kanima." Stiles spat with dry sarcasm. Matt stood up, motioning me to follow his lead as he approached Stiles. A pair of headlights shone through the office windows before Matt could even react. The light illuminated on the four of us, my heart racing as I wondered who was about to step into the death trap.

"Sounds like your mom's here, McCall's." Matt realized, his face still as a stone as realization came over me that Scott had ended up telling mom to come to the station. My heart jumped, sinking deep into my stomach.

"No, no, no, no, no." I stammered. The taste of bile burned my throat. "Matt don't do this. Leave her out of it, please."

"When she comes in the door I'll just tell her to leave! I'll tell her we didn't find anything! Please Matt." Scott begged. A grin lifted the corner of Matt's lips as the front door screeched open. 

"Matt, please, no." I pleaded, my voice shaking. My throat tightened as I looked to Scott in terror, desperate for him to do something. 

"If you don't move, now," Matt laughed under his breath, "I'm going to kill Hayley first. And then Stiles. And then your mom." Scott willingly nodded and took a step forward. Matt jammed the gun's barrel into my side, pushing me forward beside Scott. The two of us and Stiles walked from the office and into the adding room, where the main door was shut. I had a sick hope that mom had managed to stumble upon the bodies and had the decency to get out of here. But by the sounds of footsteps approaching, it was obvious she hadn't. I debated yelling and rebelling against Matt's orders. If I did, there was a chance mom would be able to get out. But, there was also the one hundred percent guarantee I wouldn't. Matt would have a bullet through me in seconds. 

"Open it." Matt ordered, listening to the footsteps stop outside the doorway. 

"Please." I whispered, tears pooling in my eyes. My heart ached with guilt for what mom was about to be drug into. 

"Open. The. Door." He snarled through his teeth. I looked over to Scott, who hesitantly nodded his head and swallowed the hard lump in his throat. I dug my nails deep into the flesh of my palm as I braced myself for the inevitable. Scott reached forward and slowly turned the door knob, pushed the door open. Instead of moms terror filled brown eyes staring at us, we were greeted with a pair of green eyes and a scowl. A breath of relief exited my chest as I felt a weight lifted from my body. 

"Oh thank God." Scott heaved a sigh of relief, saying the words we were all thinking. Derek stood still in the doorway, staring between us and Matt. The relief that had washed over us soon turned wary as Derek failed to say anything. The hope completely abandoned me as he tumbled to the ground. Paralyzed.  Our eyes darted from Derek to the doorway where Jackson stood. He was still human, yet his skin was scaly. His eyes looked to those that belonged to a snake. Like a zombie, Jackson walked into the room and took a stance in the doorway of the Sherriff's office, waiting for Matt's ongoing commands. Matt squatted down to Derek and grinned at him.

"This is the one controlling him? This kid?" Derek sneered.

"Well, Derek, not everyone's lucky enough to be a big, bad werewolf." Scott, Stiles, and I looked to each other. Part of me was surprised Matt knew, the other wasn't. If he knew about, and was controlling, the Kanima there was no doubt he knew about everything else. Matt straightened himself up and noticed the shocked expression on Scott's face. "Oh yeah! Yeah! That's—that's right! I've learned a few things lately! Werewolves, hunters, Kanimas. It's like a freakin' Halloween party every full moon. Except for you two. What do you turn into?"

"Abominable snowman. But, uh, it's more of like a wintertime thing? Seasonal." Stiles retorted. I kept my mouth quiet, wishing Stiles would do the same. Matt quickly nudged his head to the side and beside me, Jackson lunged forward and swiped his claws at Stiles.

"Hey!" Scott and I shouted, turning around to face the half lizard. Jackson quickly put his hand out and slowly wagged his clawed finger, indicating for us not to move. I took a step back and away from him. "Bi—itch." Stiles stuttered as he toppled down onto the ground, on top of Derek no less.

"Get him off of me" Derek grunted.

"Oh, I don't know Derek! I think you two make a pretty good pair!" Matt smirked, crouching back down. Matt turned and looked up to me, cocking his head. "Isn't that right?" 

My wide eyes turned a fraction bigger. How could he possibly know about that? Matt turned back to look at Derek and Stiles sandwiched together. "It must kind of suck though, to have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless."

"Still got some teeth. Why don't you get down here a little closer, huh? We'll see how helpless I am."

"Yeah, bitch." Stiles agreed, his voice muttered by his mouth being pressed into Derek's shirt. A pair of tires squealed as they peeled into the parking lot, and for the second time tonight, headlights shone through the window. My heart dropped into my stomach once again. With Derek seemingly coming to our rescue, and the let down that came with that, I had forgotten about mom. 

"Is that her?" Matt smiled, his voice filled with his own sense of sociopathic humor.

"Don't do this." I gritted through my teeth together.

"Do what I say and I wont hurt her. I wont even let Jackson near her!" He promised.

"Don't trust him!" Stiles cried, his voice still muffled. Sick of Stiles' banter, Matt yanked him by the back of his shirt off Derek and onto the floor. Immediately, he pressed his foot down onto Stiles' throat. 

"This work better for ya?" Matt growled, his body shaking with anger. Stiles gagged for air as his face began to turn pale.

"Hey! Just stop! Stop!" Scott ordered. I looked onward in fear as my best friend choked on the little air he had remaining in his lungs. "

Then do what I tell you to!"

"Okay! We'll do it! Okay! Just stop!" I yelled. Matt pressed down harder. Stiles attempted to gasp for air. "I said we'd do it Matt, stop!" I continued to yell. What seemed like an eternity later, his foot lifted off Stiles. Stiles wheezed for air. 

"You," he looked to Jackson, "take them in there. And you two...with me."

☾☾☾

The walk to the lobby felt like I was walking to my own funeral. My heart pounded vehemently against my rib cage as I watched mom push through the double doors.

"Mom." Scott attempted to call as calmly as possible. Mom sighed with relief as she looked around the station curiously. 

"You scared me." She quietly chuckled. "Where is every..." Mom's voice faded off as she noticed Scott and I in the hallway. Matt stood behind us, his gun pointed straight out. Her smile slowly fell as reality set in. 

"Mom, just do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you." I assured, my voice flat. Mom took a step back. Her lips parted as she let out a shaky breath, looking back and forth between her children and Matt. My brother and I turned around to face the serial killer.

"He's right." Matt agreed. In one swift motion, Matt aimed the gun down at Scott's middle and pulled on the trigger. An explosion rang in my ear. 

"No!" I screamed. Scott fell to the ground, his green shirt staining with dark blood around his abdomen. Moms scream echoed off the station walls.

"Scott!" The Sheriff bellowed from the other side of the station. "Stiles! Hayley! What happened?"

"What are you doing? You promised!" I shouted, my face red with anger. Tears brimmed my eyes, blurring my vision.

"All I said was I wasn't going to hurt her." Matt shrugged. 

"Baby! Baby!" Mom rushed forward.

"Back! Back!" Matt yelled, pushing himself forward as he waved the gun back and forth between mom to myself.

"Mom, mom, stop mom!" Scott urged, grunting in pain as he pressed down on his wound.

"I said get back." Matt hissed. 

"Don't do it Matt." I spat. 

"Scott..." Mom wheezed. 

"Mom, do it. Please mom." 

"Mom, do it. Now." I begged, squaring my jaw. She hesitated. 

"Get up McCall." Matt ordered Scott as he was breathing through the pain.. 

"Matt, Matt listen to me—" The Sheriff began yelling from across the station. 

"Shut—shut—shut up!" Everybody shut the hell up!" He screamed. "Now get up or I shoot her next!" Matt pointed a gun to my head. I froze, my eyes like a deer in headlights as I looked down the barrel. Without hesitation, Scott stood up. I swallowed a rock hard lump in my throat, waiting for Matt to pull the trigger. Surprisingly, he never did.

☾☾☾

Matt forced us back to the holding cells. Mom was continuously crying, her undereyes caked with mascara. Her desperate sobs in hopes that Matt would listen were futile. They only irritated Matt more. Scott leaned against the wall beside the Sheriff as Matt finished locking mom up in a holding cell. She watched us in panic, specifically staring at Scott and the blood staining his shirt. If only she knew her son wasn't in grave danger.

"Please, he needs to see a doctor." Mom sobbed.

"You think so?" Matt asked amusingly. I squeezed my eyes shut, letting out a heavy breath through my nose. 

"Hey! Hey! Hey! You listen to me!" The Sheriff, still handcuffed to the wall, stood up and jabbed his free finger in the air towards Matt.

"It's all right! I'm okay!" Scott promised.

"No, honey, you're not okay."

"Mom, he'll be fine. I promise." I tried to assure.

"It doesn't hurt mom."

"Because that's the adrenaline, okay? Please, let me—let me just take a look at him, okay? I can help stop the bleeding." Matt began laughing, looking over to Scott and I. 

"They have no idea, do they?" He cackled.

"Matt this isn't the place. Not now." I hissed. Behind him, mom kept pleading for Matt to let her look at her son.

"Shut—shut—shut up—shut up!" Matt bellowed to mom. "Lady, if you keep talking I'm going to put the next bullet through both their brains." Mom quickly sealed her mouth, biting down on her lip as she silently cried. "Back to the front. Both of you. Now!"

☾☾☾

 I walked through the doorway of the Sheriff's office, Matt's gun still aimed at my back. Derek and Stiles, still paralyzed on the ground beside each other, darted their eyes back and forth between Scott, Matt and I. 

"The evidence is gone; why don't you just go?" Scott sighed. 

"You—you think the evidence mattered that much, huh? No, no. I, I want the book!" Matt stuttered.

"Book?" I spoke up. "What book?"

"The bestiary! Not just a few pages, I want the entire thing!"

"We don't have it. It's Gerard's." Scott informed. "What do you want it for, anyways?"

"I need answers." Matt quietly admitted to Scott.

"Answers to what!" Scott cried in frustration.

"To this." Matt seethed, reaching down and pulling up the hem of his shirt, revealing patches of lizard like green scales on his side. Beside me, Scott audibly gasped. My brows bunched together. My jaw slowly slacked as in my daze of contusion, I began to realize Matt was slowly turning into the Kanima. I discreetly eyed Derek, who's look of fearful confusion informed me he wasn't aware of Matt's transformation. 

"Watch them." Matt spat to Jackson. Matt left our side, storming over to the pile of phones on the desk. He snatched Scott's phone from the pile, typing in passcodes at random to attempt to unlock it. "Open it! Now McCall!" Matt roared after several unsuccessful attempts. Scott quickly took the phone from Matt's grasps and typed in his phones password. Seven digits. Allison no less.

"What do you want me to do?" My brother wondered. 

"Text Allison you want the Bestiary. 

"What?"

"You tell her to bring it here. Nothing more. Nothing less."

"Matt, she's not going to give it to me! Gerard's the one who has it!" Scott reminded. Matt straightened his arm out and aimed his gun at me. A shaky breath exhaled from my lungs as I found myself frozen in place. He was bluffing, he had to be. 

Matt cocked the gun. 

"Do it now, McCall!" Matt screamed, his breathing heavy. His voice lowered. "Do it or you can say goodbye to your sister." Matt paused, a grin lifting up his lips. "Or should I say your cousin?" He cocked his head. My body became rigid as I lifted my eyes to meet Matt's gaze. My lips parted, wanting to speak but too surprised to get words out of my mouth. Scott's thick brows knitted together as he was overcome with confusion. "Yeah, that's right. I know about that. I know about everything." 

"How?" Scott asked. 

"Send it, McCall!" Matt screamed to Scott. Matt's fingers hovered dangerously close to the trigger. His knuckles twitched. He wasn't bluffing. 

"Scott." I whispered, my words hardly audible. My legs grew numb, fear washing over every inch of my body. 

"But—"

"Send the text, McCall!" Matt yelled once again. Scott's fingers hovered over the phones screen, unwilling to put Allison's life at risk as well. Scott's split second hesitation was enough to set Matt off. His lips curled into a sneer, his finger pulling back on the trigger.

Bang.

Bang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 7K 31
Alyssa is Derek's little sister. But she didnt get the gift of claws, fangs, super hearing, super speed, and super strength. No one knows why. Scott...
8.7K 125 23
Meet Steph. She's a quirky British girl who had no clue about what is about too happen to her. After finding out she was adopted at a young age she s...
31.3K 489 28
What if Scott McCall had an aunt that was the same age as Derek Hale? How will she affect the story of the wolves in Beacon Hills? Ace McCall's life...
50.9K 1.3K 66
nothing bad ever happens in the so-called boring small town of beacon hills. that's what maia martin, scott mccall and stiles stilinski have always t...