The Dragons that Fell // HOTD

By cara_de_cema

Rhaenyra and Rhaella get sent back in time and are given one more chance. Things play out differently then be... More

Fanart
ACT ONE
One-
Two -
Three -
Four -
Five -
Seven -
Eight -
Nine -
- Past -
Ten -
Eleven -
Twelve -
Thirteen -
Fourteen -
Fifteen -
Sixteen -
Seventeen -
Act Two
Eighteen -
Nineteen -
Twenty -
- Past -
Twenty one -
Twenty two -
Twenty Three -
Twenty Four -
Twenty Five -
Twenty Six -
Twenty Seven -
Twenty Eight -
Twenty Nine -
- Past -
Thirty -
Thirty One -
Thrirty Two -
Act 3
Thirty Three -
Thirty Four -
Thirty Five -
Thirty Six -
- Past -

Six-

2K 65 2
By cara_de_cema

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

The following day Rhaella, Rhaenyra, Alicent, and Laena sat in the youngest Targaryen bed chambers getting ready. The four-spoke of mostly knights and flying

A knock came soon after. "Lady Stark and Lady Loren!" Both girls made their way inside Rhaellas bed chambers. "Glad you accepted my invitation Lady Lyanna!" Rhaella smile as she patted the open spot next to her.

"It would be foolish of me not to accept an invitation from you Princess Rhaella!" Lyanna smiled. "Please call me Rhaella" the Stark girl smile as she joined them.

The hours went by fast with the girls laughing with one another, the joy that would come from today made them all giggle even more when Cregan was brought up and Lyanna jested calling Rhaella her sister-by-law.

After much teasing they had gotten ready, Rhaellas dress that of her house colors. The six of them made their way to the outer yard where lords and ladies waited for Rhaella to congratulate her. Many lords had their heirs with them. A small conversation was shared with each head of house and their heirs.

"Princess, a pleasure to see you" Jason Lannister spoke as he took Rhaellas hand kissing it for a second too long. "Pleasures all mine" Rhaella spoke taking her hand back. "I wish for you to know that my house" Rhaella blocked the man's words as her eyes landed on Cregan a small smile shared between the both.

"I would certainly not mind building a dragon pit just for you" Rhaella went wide, he had told her sister that last time. "That will not be necessary my lord," Rhaella smile as she excused herself. "Cregan we meet again" Rhaella smiled as Cregan took her hand and kisses it. "We do Rhaella. Our last encounter was quite short" Cregan smiled.

"How is the North, I heard that winter is at its last moons" Rhaella spoke. "It is, it is not as bad as when we came for Rhaenyras ceremony..." Cregan told her. "I should visit before winter ends, I must confess I have not gotten the opportunity to see snow" Cregan looked at her in disbelief.

Before he could answer Viserys interrupted them. "There you are my girl, come everyone wishes to speak with you" Viserys laughed as he took Rhaella away from Cregan leaving the boy be. "You two might have a chance!" A voice came from behind him. "Lyanna, I would hope but what Father speaks is true... King Viserys will marry her to a wealthy house for alliances" Cregan spoke.

"Believe me on this brother the princess has her eyes on you, and when dragons want something they get it" Lyanna spoke before leaving to join the ladies.

Cregan was left behind once more, he marry the princess? Only in his dreams.

Rhaella had been the center of attention, at last, she was able to get herself away from everyone and join her sister and other ladies. When she arrived most of the ladies stood bowing down at her. "Princess Rhaella happy name day" one of the girls spoke.

"Leandres Lannister, correct" Rhaella spoke taking the girl by surprise. "Yes, Princess... My father is Ser Jasons and Tywins cousin" The girl explained how she was related to the Lannisters. "Lovely meeting you" Rhaella spoke as she sat next to Laena.

"I am Cassandra Baratheon, my lady Lord Boremunds daughter" Rhaella smile at the girl. "It is a pleasure to have you at my ceremony my Ladies." Both girls smiled as they all fell into conversation.

"Princess Rhaella" Looking up Rhaella saw Gweine looking at her. "Ser Gweine." The boy gave her a smile as he handed her a box. "This might be?"

"Your present princess, I wish to give it to you myself." Rhaella nodded as she opened it. A necklace with red pearls. How could a son of a second son afford such thing was beyond her understanding.

"It's quite beautiful Ser!" Rhaella politely smile as she began to close the box only to stop when Gweine interrupted her. "Let me!" Rhaella did not understand what he meant until he took the box from her grasp.

She felt everyone's eyes on her as the Hightower placed the necklace around her neck. "Why thank you Ser" Rhaella smile as she sat once more. "It was my pleasure!" Gwaine spoke as he left.

"Seems someone has their eyes on you princess!" Leandres laughed making Rhaella cringe. "I believe he was only being nice!"

"Well Ser Gweine is a single man, and not that much older than you sister" Rhaenyra tease making Rhaella glare at her older sister before smirking. "I believe I have not seen that Necklaces of yours before sister!" The girls attentions when on Rhaenyra as the girl blushed.

"I did have it Rhaella, you must not remember!"

"That stone is only found in Harrehal, Princess if I am not wrong!" Lyra spoke making Rhaella smirk. "It seems our future Queen has her own knight!" Rhaella tease.

"Brother sent raven back home, he ask for a stone to be sent back!" Gwendys whispered to Rhaella making Rhaella giggle.

"I wish I had a handsome knight give me such things!" Cassandra spoke her tone sad but teasing. "Lady Cassandra you are beautiful, believe me a knight will come in no time!" Laena spoke.

A knight Rhaella laughed... she ended up marrying a man thrice her age.

"What of you Alicent?" Rhaella decided to pick on the girl. "What of me?" Alicent asked her nails already working on destroying her other hand.

"Do not believe that I have not notice how mature you dress now Alicent! It seems you have set your eyes in someone and you wish to impress them!" Rhaella tease bumping the girl shoulder.

"Could it be the danish soldier? What was his name?" Rhaenyra spoke her face that of thought. "Ser Criston I believe cousin!" Laena spoke.

"Oh, I remember him! He was quite the sight!" Cassandra spoke. "He sure was, that smile so dashing!" Leandres added.

"I just simply grew out of my old gowns that is all! And father was to donate my mother dresses and I did not wish for that!" Alicent lied her eyes on the ground refusing to look anyone in the eyes.

"Alicent you are my lady! I understand that being the daughter of a second son does not make you wealthy but if you need new dresses you must not hesitate to ask me! I am your friend Alicent!" Rhaenyra's tone was soft as she took the girl hand in her own.

The embarrassment that the Hightower fell at the moment was huge she wish for the earth to open and swallow her. But to the others it was nothing but Rhaenyra being kind to her friend.

"I could only wish to have a friendship as the one of you two!" Cassandra spoke. "As do I!" Leandres added.

Before any more talking was made an announcement was made that the food was ready. Leandres and Cassandra had excused themselves leaving Rhaella and Rhaenyra with their ladies in waiting.

"Loren ask for the extra trays that I ask to be made to be distributed to the people of fleas bottom." The older girl nodded as she left them.

Rhaenyra and Rhaella gave one another a look before smiling.

They all made their way inside. Rhaenyra and Rhaella sat in the front. Their ladies sat with their families.

"A toast to my second born! Princess Rhaella!" Viserys spoke as everyone in the room cheered for the youngest Targeryan.

Rhaella smile as she bowed showing her respect for them coming for her ceremony.

It didn't take long for everyone to go back to a conversation of their own. Food was placed on the table. And as it did Rhaella spotted Loren coming back a small nod shared between the two.

Rhaella and Rhaenyra had move to be with one another. "So is he only giving you gifts or something else?" Rhaella teased her sister.

"Sush... He was only being nice." Rhaenyra spoke. "Nice? That is why he ask for the most beautiful rock to be sent?"

"Do not act as if Cregan did not sent you a gold ring a few days before your name day!" Rhaella shrugged. "At least I do not deny it" Rhaella showed her the ring.

"He might as well ask for your hand now!" Rhaenyra tease. "He believes that I will decline such offer." Rhaella confess. Her eyes landing on the boy once more.

A clearing of throat came taking the attention of both sisters. Looking up Harwin stood a smile on his lips as he ask for Rhaenyra. The girl stood a smile on her face mirroring that of Harwin.

Viserys sat looking at his eldest. He was not blind he had seen the stolen glances between Ser Harwin and his Nyra. He saw the afternoon walks shared between the both as well.

House Strong, second biggest castle of the kingdom. They could bring an alliance with the Riverlands.

Looking at his left he saw Rhaellas eyes on the heir to Winterfell. He did not know much of their friendship.

Rhaella stood as Cregan did the two walked towards one another a bow shared between the both. "When did you say the last moon for snow is Cregan?"

"In two moons, Princess!" Cregan answered as he twirled her. "I should make an effort to visit Winterfell before then!" Rhaella winked.

On the other side Rhaenyra and Harwin laughed. "It is a shame." Rhaenyra spoke.

"Truly is... but if what you speak is truth then I should volunteer as your protector for the six moons you go on tour!" Harwin spoke.

"I would appreciate it, Harwin. I need Ser breakbones by my side to keep danger from me!" Rhaenyra laughed.

"I do not wish to interrupt such moment but I wish for a dance with my eldest!" Harwin bowed to Viserys as he left the two alone. "Father." Rhaenyra spoke as she too bowed before taking her father hand.

"Nyra." Was all Viserys spoke as he began to guide her through the music. The two did not shared much as they danced.

Rhaenyra sigh as she remembered their last dance days before the news of Harwin's death had reach them. Why had he been so selfish and taken another wife?

Why couldn't he had been like her Grandsire Prince Baelon?

There were so many question going threw her head. "Rhaenyra!" Said girl looked startle for a moment before nodding at her father. "Are you alright?" She nodded before blowing down and leaving.

Rhaella had stiffen when Viserys wrapped his arm around her waist. The both shared a look as they began to moved around the floor, many eyes on the both. "Rhaella, I am."

Rhaella looked at him hopeful of what he would say. "What is it?" She asked. "I am proud of you." Viserys spoke moving a strand of hair from his daughter face.

"Oh... thank you."

The night continued with everyone enjoying themselves. The crowed had divided in two, some had staid inside and other spend their time out in the courtyard enjoying the warm night of Kings Landing.

As the night grew late some Ladies and Lord began to excuse themselves only to stop when fire adorn the black sky.

The courtyard was quick to fill as two dragons dance the fire coming from their mouth illuminated the dance.

Rhaella and Rhaenyra held one another as they saw their dragons. Viserys laughed as he join his daughter rapping both of them in a hug.

A dance of Dragons

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.2K 2.8K 47
The gods see the world being destroyed during the Long Night and decide to fix things. Daemon and Rhaenyra had been married for less than a year when...
152K 3.7K 45
Before the union of Rhaenyra with Ser Laenor Velaryon, an event etched forever in memory took place when Daemon claimed Rhaenyra's innocence in the h...
31.3K 1.5K 20
As the realm mourns the loss of Queen Aemma, King Viserys finds solace in the arms of a most unlikely companion - the enchanting Anna Hightower , dau...
49.8K 2.1K 32
Ares Targayren the Heir to the Iron Throne falls in love with his sisters Best friend Alicent Hightower. As whispers of betrayal and treachery echo t...