HP โ€ข ๐‡๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ...

By ladyvetra

Cassiopeia Pandora Gaunt Black, a young pure-blood witch, sets off on a journey at Hogwarts School of Witchcr... More

Arrival at Hogwarts
First Classes, Beginning of Friendships
Potions class and flying lesson
โš ๏ธImportant Noteโš ๏ธ
Halloween Night
Quidditch game and Gaunt Manor
The philosophical Stone
Diagon Alley and Narcissa Malfoy
Second year
Heartbroken
Quidditch Game
Polyjuice
Saving friends
Sirius Black
Third year
Draco - The Drama Queen
A little secret?
Hogsmeade , Narcissa and Sirius Black
Animagus Family
Christmas Dinner
Fucking Malfoys
Pettigrew
Saving Family
โš ๏ธImportant Note โš ๏ธ
Quidditch World Cup
The Dark Mark
Forth Year
Unforgivable Curses
Ferret Malfoy and The champions Selection
Potter Stinks
In love with Granger?
Perfect Partner
Yule Ball
Final Tasks
12 Grimmauld place
Family
Andromeda
Fifth year
Narcissus Parfum
Dumbledore Army
Wesley is our King
Malfoy Manor
Promises Promises
Thoughts
Blood Connection
Malfoy Ball
EXPECTO PATRONUM
D.A.
Breaking Down
Dammit, Potter
Prophecy
Trapped
Godfather
Unbreakable Vow
Black Sisters
Commitment Ring
Sixth year
Felix Felicis
Gryffindor honor
Granger?
Cissa
Wasn't me.
Three possibilities
APPARITION CLASSES
Memories
I have no choice
Death Eater
The Seven Potters
I'm a Black.
Ceremony
The truth
Bella
Ministry
Devastating Shadow
The Savior Princess
A chance
Crucio
Teddy
The Lightning Struck At Hogwarts
Go
Dead
Final Battle
Sunshine
A second war would begin
Time goes by so quickly

Nicholas Flamel and Detention

3K 180 6
By ladyvetra

Back to Hogwarts

Cassi was sitting next to Hermione, studying, when Harry and Ron appeared.

They both sat down and started grumbling until Hermione became annoyed with the disturbance of silence.

"Look at you, playing your cards. Pathetic," Mione scolded Ron, who was looking at his card collection instead of studying.

"We've got final exams coming up soon," Hermione reminded angrily.

"I'm ready. Ask me any questions," Ron declared confidently.

"Alright, what are the 3 most crucial ingredients in a forgetfulness Potion?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I forgot," Ron pursed his lips, and Harry and Cassi chuckled.

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exams?" Hermione frowned.

"Copy off you," Ron simply said, and Cassi burst into laughter.

"Funny, huh?" Ron asked grumpily.

"And do you know the answer?" he asked smugly.

"As a matter of fact, I do," Cassi smirked.

"The Forgetfulness Potion is a potion which causes an unknown degree of memory loss in the drinker. The recipe for this potion can be found in Magical Draughts and Potions; its key ingredients include Lethe River Water, mistletoe berries, and Valerian sprigs," Cassi said as if she had swallowed a book.

"No, you won't!" Hermione retorted, irritated.

"Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell," Hermione stated matter-of-factly.

"That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us! Dumbledore again!" Ron seemed indignant, but then again he just said Colatina.

"Oh, my mum does the same on her exams, but somehow the students at Castelo Bruxo always find a way," Cassi chuckled. "Brazilians are resourceful."

Suddenly, Neville appeared hopping down the corridor with his legs stuck together, making him look like a cheap version of Saci Pererê. Cassi laughed at the thought.

"Leg-Locker curse?" Ron questioned.

"Malfoy," Harry confirmed.

"Oh no," Cassi thinks, Draco has the awful habit of bullying students from other houses. She needs to ask him to go easy.

"You have got to start standing up to people, Neville," Ron says.

"How? I can barely stand at all!" Neville complains, trying to maintain his balance.

"I'll do the countercurse," Seamus Finnigan stands up promptly.

"No, that's all I need! You to set my bloody kneecaps on fire," Neville indignantly retorts.

Cassiopeia chuckles; the boy is indeed terrible at spells.

"I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom," Seamus appears genuinely annoyed.
"Besides, if anyone cared to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back!" he declares, referring to the first charms class when instead of making his feather float, he made it explode.

Cassi lets out a discreet laugh at the memory.

Seamus angrily turns his back and leaves the table, but when he turned around, a chunk of his hair was missing from the back of his head.

Cassiopeia couldn't help but burst into laughter at the absurdity.

"It's alright, Neville, I'll help you," Cassi points her wand at the boy and reverses the spell.

It only takes a few moments, and Neville is able to stand properly.

"Thank you, thank you!" he exclaims happily.

"You're welcome, Longbottom," Cassi smiles kindly.

Suddenly, Harry exclaims, "I FOUND HIM!"

"Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945," he continues.

Oh, the First Wizarding War, Cassi knows what it's about. She learned a bit about it at Castelo Bruxo because during the war, the Brazilian Vicência Santos was elected Minister of Magic. She herself also personally confronted Grindelwald. Cassi recalls it with a smile.

"Go on," Harry encourages.

"For the discovery of twelve uses of dragon blood and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicholas Flamel," Cassi adds.

"Do you know who he is?" Harry asks, getting up excitedly.

"Of course, he was my mother's professor when she was preparing to become a Master in Alchemy. I have a book about him in my room," Cassi replies.

Hermione is wide-eyed, her jaw almost dropping. "All this time?! And you didn't say anything?" she exclaims indignantly.

"Well, I had no idea you were looking for information about him," Cassi responds, raising a single eyebrow.

"That's true, I apologize," says Hermione.

"Well, can you lend us that book?" Harry asks hopefully.

"Meet me in the library in 15 minutes," Cassi requests, getting up to fetch her books.

⁀➷

"I should have told you about it earlier. How could I be so stupid?" Hermione declares angrily as Cassi places the books on the table.

"Hermione Jean Granger, don't be so hard on yourself," Cassiopeia gently scolds her.

"You couldn't have known." She gives her friend a hug.

"Well, here it is, but what exactly are you looking for?" Cassi asks curiously.

The three of them look at each other, unsure whether or not they should trust the Slytherin girl, but after she helped them, they decide that she is trustworthy. Cassi is reliable.

"Dumbledore is hiding something, and we want to know what it is."

"Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone," Hermione says as she reads.

"What?" Ron and Harry ask, confused.

"Honestly, don't you two read?" Hermione asks, annoyed.

"Cassi, please, do you mind explaining?" Hermione asks, almost pleadingly.

Cassiopeia chuckles before explaining to the boys what the Philosopher's Stone is.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It can transform any metal into pure gold and produce the Elixir of Life, which makes the drinker immortal," Cassi says with a smile, not even needing to read the book.

"Immortal?" Ron questions.

"It means you'll never die," Hermione answers.

"I know what it means," Ron quickly responds, annoyed, and Harry asks for silence.

"There is only one stone currently, and it belongs to Nicholas Flamel," Cassi finishes as she settles more comfortably on the bench.

"He is a notable alchemist who recently celebrated his 665th birthday."

"That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor," Hermione declares, and Cassi raises an eyebrow.

"Fluffy?" Cassiopeia questions.

The three of them look at each other before laught

⁀➷

Tea with aunt Minnie

Cassi declines Harry, Hermione, and Ron's invitation to visit Hagrid after curfew, admonishing them for it being a terrible idea. She politely refuses and goes in search of Minerva, as the two had planned to have tea together.

Joining Minerva for tea, they settle in a cozy corner of the room. The flickering candlelight casts a warm glow on the antique furniture, creating an atmosphere of nostalgia. Minerva's eyes sparkle as she reminisces about the past, her voice carrying a mix of fondness and amusement.

Minerva is recounting stories of her father and uncle's pranks during their school days.

She paints vivid pictures with her words, describing the mischief of Sirius and Regulus at Hogwarts. Cassi can't help but imagine the younger versions of her father and uncle, getting into all sorts of escapades and defying the rules.

Minerva's stories are filled with laughter as she portrays the deep bond between the two Black brothers. She narrates their daring adventures, secret pranks, and rebellious acts that sometimes got them into trouble. However, there is a sense of admiration in Minerva's voice as she acknowledges their courage and loyalty to each other.

Cassi listens attentively, captivated by the stories that provide glimpses into her family's history. She treasures this special moment with Minerva, grateful for the opportunity to connect with her heritage through these shared tales. In this tranquil moment, the bond between godmother and goddaughter grows stronger, intertwined by the threads of family history and the magic of Hogwarts.

"You know, Kitty, Sirius was somewhat jealous of Regulus when they were younger. They used to tease each other, but it was just sibling stuff. Despite their fights, Sirius was always ready to defend Regulus when needed."

Cassi looks intrigued at Minerva, imagining the complex dynamics between the two brothers. She curiously asks, "Tell me more, Aunt Minie." Cassi's excitement is evident in her voice.

Minerva chuckles softly before responding, "Purely through Sirius' insistence, my dear, James also became friends with Regulus."
"Your uncle saw in James a loyal and brave friend, someone he could rely on. And gradually, Regulus also grew closer to James, seeing how much Sirius valued this friendship."

Cassi nods, absorbing the information and reflecting on the importance of these relationships in her father's life. She feels a mixture of admiration and gratitude hearing about Sirius' defense of Regulus and his dedication to building true friendships.

The relaxed atmosphere of the moment is interrupted by Draco's unexpected arrival, who discovered the unauthorized departure of the Gryffindor trio and decided to report it to Minerva. Minerva's expression turns serious, and she apologizes for the inconvenience caused but knows she cannot ignore the situation.

To avoid any unnecessary conflict, she asks Cassi to join the group since she was also out of bed during curfew. Cassi feels a mix of frustration and indignation upon realizing Draco's behavior. She finds it outrageous that he would point out supposed privileges of being Minerva's goddaughter when, in fact, Draco himself is spared daily detentions due to being Snape's godson and the head of Slytherin.

Although Cassi feels that the interruption has spoiled the mood of the moment and the opportunity to hear more stories about Sirius and Regulus' pranks, she understands Minerva's need to handle the situation fairly and impartially. She knows it's important to avoid conflicts and injustices, even if it means postponing such a special moment of sharing family memories.

Cassi, despite initially feeling upset about the interruption of the special moment, becomes excited upon learning that the "punishment" would be an excursion to the Forbidden Forest. She makes an effort to feign discontent when Minerva looks in her direction, but the old cat knows well the gleam of excitement in Cassi's eyes.

Discreetly, Minerva winks at Cassi, conveying a silent message of complicity and encouragement. Cassi feels a slight smile forming on her lips, knowing that even in the face of adversity, there is still a hint of fun and adventure on the horizon.

"Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be deducted from each house," announced Minerva with seriousness.

"50?!" exclaimed Harry, visibly disturbed.

"Yes, 50 points from each of you," replied Minerva simply.

Draco laughed presumptuously, but his smile quickly disappeared upon hearing Minerva's next words.

"And to ensure that this doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention," she continued.

Draco approached, trying to question the decision.

"Excuse me, professor, perhaps I misunderstood," Draco said with a challenging tone. "I thought you said the five of us."

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy," Minerva replied with a smile. "Despite your honorable intentions, you were also out of bed after the permitted hour. You will join your classmates in detention."

Minerva's words echoed through the room, and Cassi nodded in understanding to reassure her godmother. She knew there were no exceptions to the rules, even for her, and she would accept detention as a consequence of her actions.

⁀➷

Forbidden Forest

As they approached Hagrid's hut, he seemed upset. Hermione explained that Draco had seen Hagrid's dragon, and now it would be sent away.

"Norbert's gone," Hagrid said with a tearful voice.

"Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony."

Cassi felt sorry for the giant man; he seemed attached to the creature, so she tried to comfort him.

"Hagrid, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind."

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all," Hagrid stubbornly questioned.

"Well, I personally love Romania. It has many castles, a beautiful sky, and plenty of vegetation. He'll be fine, Hagrid," Cassi said gently.

"Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the Forest, after all," Argus Filch declared rudely.

"The forest? I thought that was a joke. We can't go in there," Draco exclaimed alarmed.

"Hey, Draco, are you okay? It's going to be alright," Cassi held his hand, making circles until he started breathing calmly again.

"Nighty-Nighty," Filch said ominously, heading back to the castle.

"Right, let's go," Hagrid called us, entering the forest.

The Forbidden Forest stretched before the group with a dark and mysterious aura. The air was filled with an unsettling silence, occasionally interrupted by distant howls of wolves. Darkness enveloped the tall trees, casting deep and impenetrable shadows within the dense forest.

Cassi led the group alongside Hagrid, her face radiating a mixture of enthusiasm and innate caution. She was accustomed to navigating similar woods around the Wizarding Castle and understood the importance of being attentive to all sides.

As they walked, Cassi carefully observed the ground, dodging the numerous roots that intertwined through the soil. Each step was calculated to avoid tripping and falling into the depths of the forest. The dense fog enveloped the surroundings, making it difficult to see beyond a few meters ahead. It was as if the forest itself was trying to hide its secrets.

Despite the challenges presented by the Forbidden Forest, Cassi advanced with confidence, guided by her familiarity with similar environments. Her sharp mind was ready to capture any signs of danger or discovery, while she delighted in the thrill of exploring such an enigmatic and mysterious place.

Suddenly, Hagrid stopped to examine a silvery puddle on the ground.

Cassiopeia immediately recognized it.

"Oh no, unicorn blood. It must be severely injured," Cassiopeia said sadly, analyzing the puddle alongside Hagrid.

"Exactly," Hagrid replied, surprised.

"Hagrid, what does that mean?" Potter asked.

"That's what we're here for," Hagrid responded. "You're correct, Miss Gaunt. That's unicorn blood, it is. I found one dead a few weeks ago," Hagrid explained sadly.

"Oh no, what despicable creature would dare to kill such a pure being? Isn't this a heinous crime?" Cassi asked, absolutely horrified.

"That one was hurt. So it's our job to go and find the poor beast," Hagrid said, picking up the lantern again as we resumed walking.

"Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me," Hagrid called.

"Okay," Ron replied, almost wetting his pants.

"Harry, you'll go with Malfoy and Gaunt."

"This is absurd," Draco said.

Hagrid just huffed, "Miss Gaunt seems skilled enough for the forest."

Cassi smiled at the compliment.

"It's alright, Draco. I'm used to much more dangerous forests. I'm with you, relax," Cassi reassured, holding her cousin's hand.

"Okay, but then I get Fang," Draco said arrogantly, pointing to the dog.

Hagrid clicked his tongue. "Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward."

As if on cue, the dog whimpered.

Cassi chuckled.

The group split up, and Malfoy couldn't stop complaining.

"You, wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff," Draco complained once again, in a snobbish manner.

Cassiopeia stopped him and scolded him for making so much noise. She also tried to show him the importance of this work and that, contrary to what he thought, it could be a true exploration adventure, studying the forest. She added that he could boast to the other classmates about being brave enough to walk in the Forbidden Forest on a mission.

"If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared," Harry teased him.
"I'm not scared, Potter."

In the background, they heard a howl.

"Shh," Cassiopeia hushed them.

"Did you hear that?!" Draco whispered.

"Come on, Fang," Cassi called for the dog to stay by her side.

Of the three, he was the most frightened, frankly.

Fang went ahead, sniffing, and suddenly stopped.

"What is it, buddy?" Cassi asked, but as soon as she looked to see what the dog had found...

There stood a shadowy figure, sucking the blood of a unicorn. The creature exuded dark magic around it, freezing Cassiopeia for a moment.

Draco screamed in terror and fled, leaving Cassi and Harry alone.

"Fang ran away too, honestly, what a fine guard dog," Cassi grumbled, annoyed.

The figure began to approach Cassiopeia and Harry slowly. Cassi positioned herself in front of her classmate and extended her wand, while Harry seemed frozen in place.

The creature drew closer and closer.

"BACK OFF!" Cassi shouted, casting a tormenting spell.

Surprised and somewhat disoriented, the figure stepped back.

Soon, the sound of hooves was heard.

A Centaur, with its imposing presence half man, half horse, leaps into the air with skill and strength. Its powerful hooves pound against the ground, propelling it upwards as its forelegs extend towards the dark creature, scaring it off and making it flee.

"Harry Potter, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here," the Centaur said.
"The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you," he continued, approaching.

"The same goes for you, young witch."

"Gaunt, Cassiopeia Gaunt," Cassi bowed as a sign of respect. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir," she said, smiling gently while maintaining a composed posture.

The creature seemed surprised but soon returned the gesture with a slight bow. "Firenze, Miss Gaunt, the pleasure is mine."

Cassi smiled.

"What was that thing you saved us from?"

"A monstrous creature. It's a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death," Firenze said sorrowfully.

"But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure... That from the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life," Cassiopeia added, "a cursed life."

"But who would choose such a life?" Harry asked.

"Can you think of no one?" the centaur questioned.

"Gaunt, you said, didn't you?" Cassiopeia felt a chill down her spine, understanding who it might be.

It pained her deeply to think that someone so cruel could be her own flesh and blood.

"Do you mean to say that thing that killed the unicorn... That was drinking its blood, that was Voldemort?" Harry concluded.

Firenze approached closer and looked at each of them.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?"

Cassiopeia and Harry looked at each other.
"The Philosopher's stone," they whispered in unison.

Barking sounds could be heard.

"Harry, Cassi!" Hermione called out, concerned.

There were Ron, Hermione, and Hagrid with the runaway dog and boy.

"Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Mr. Potter and Miss Gaunt."

"Are you all right there, kids?" Hagrid asked.

"Harry Potter, Cassiopeia Gaunt, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck."

Cassi bowed one last time in farewell, and Firenze smiled in return before departing.

Cassi thought about the poor dead unicorn and lamented that they couldn't save it after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 16.2K 141
What if Harry Potter had a twin sister but she got seperated from Harry after what happened the night He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named came and visited the P...
9.1K 161 106
(Cringe Harry Potter fanfic written by a 12 year old) This story is very emotional, exciting, and very long. I spent a lot of time on it, so please e...
14.6K 2.6K 24
โ ๐‡๐š๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค'๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ฆ๐š๐, ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฒ? ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐ ? ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐š ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ข๐ฌ...
31.6K 1.9K 45
hermione x femoc In the foreboding corridors of Malfoy Manor, where opulence disguises a suffocating darkness, lurks the elusive enigma, Merla Malfoy...