Beach Babe | The Outsiders |...

By help280

Stacy Greene has just moved to town from California to get away from her past. She meets a gang of 'greasers'... More

| New | 1 |
| Fun | 2 |
| Introductions | 3 |
| Night | 4 |
| Preparations | 6 |
| Party | 7 |
| Mystery | 8 |
| Job | 9 |
| Call | 10 |
| Meeting | 11 |
| Confusion | 12 |
| Goodbye | 13 |
| Box | 14 |
| Shopping | 15 |
| Yell | 16 |
| Sleep | 17 |
| Ready | 18|
| Classes | 19 |
| Parking Lot | 20 |
| Faint | 21 |
| Laced | 22 |
| Date | 23 |
| Break | 24 |
| Stupid | 25 |
| Dumb fun | 26 |
| Explain | 27 |
| Dinner | 28 |
| Nights | 29 |
| Reading | 30 |
| Finally | 31 |
| Punch | 32 |
| Round Two | 33 |
Break
| Jumped | 34 |
| Job | 35 |
| Long | 36 |
| Seriously?! | 37 |
| Terrible | 38 |
| Delicate | 39 |
| Love | 40 |
| Dream | 41 |
| Odd | 42 |
| Answered | 43 |
| Oh | 44 |
WHAT
| Window | 45 |
| No | 46 |
| Lord. | 47 |
| Future | 48 |
| Princess | 49 |
| Corvair | 50 |
| Movie | 51 |
| Backseat | 52 |
| Fountain | 53 |
| Missing | 54 |
| Voice | 55 |
| Plastered | 56 |
| Council | 57 |
| Spy | 58 |
| Dumbfounded | 59 |
| Sick | 60 |

| Live | 5 |

665 7 7
By help280

I climbed the steps to the front door and knocked hopefully I'm not waking them up. I heard footsteps inside so hopefully they were already awake.

Soda opens the door "Hey Stacy what're you doing here?"

I shrug "Just felt like hanging out."

"Well come on in, we were just watching TV." I walk in and see Johnny, Ponyboy, Two-Bit, and Darry scattered around.

"Whatcha watching?" I sit beside Johnny on the couch

"We're waiting for that Elvis special to start." Two-Bit says through a mouthful of food. Gross.

"Oh I love Elvis!" Two-Bit narrows his eyes at me

"Really?" I nod "Huh, I did not think of you as an Elvis fan."

"Yeah I love him, I actually went to one of his concerts once." Everyone stares at me

"No way really?" Pony asks me

"Yeah my dad won three front row tickets as part of a sweepstakes thing. And since me and my twin brother were the only ones who liked him my dad took us."

Soda turns to me "You have a twin brother?"

"Well I had a twin brother." His eyes go wide

"Oh, I'm sorry." He looks sad

"No it's okay I really- hey it's starting!" Everyone settles into the living room with Johnny, me, and Soda on the couch, Two-Bit and Pony on the floor, and Darry in his recliner.

The special opens with a recording of Elvis playing one of his songs on stage. When that ends it's like a documentary about Elvis, how he got his start, what made him famous, and his personal life, and a few performances mixed in. I'm so focused on the TV that I tune everything else out, I have my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. I'm smiling the whole time it's playing, I love Elvis he's so cool, and he reminds me of Richard and dad. That night we saw Elvis was one of the best ones ever.

The special was about an hour long but it was really good. "That was so good." I said after it was over, standing up stretching my legs

"It really was, I had no idea about some of that stuff about his life." Two-Bit said getting off the floor "Hey Stacy you got any plans today?"

"Nope! Why?"

"Just wondering, hey where are your brothers?"

"Probably out trying to make friends," I grab a coke from the fridge "They want to have this big party on Friday and are trying to get people to come."

"You're having a party?" Darry asks me, I nod my head.

"I thought your mom didn't like us." Johnny says

"She's out of town so she doesn't know that it's happening," I sit back down on the couch and take a sip of my coke "You are all invited by the way, and you can bring whoever you want cause there is no telling if my brothers are gonna be able to find anyone."

"I'll be there!" Soda says

"Me too." Johnny adds on

"Me three!" Pony says as well

"Can I bring booze?" Two-Bit asks getting a drink out of the fridge.

"No, no alcohol." He lets out an exaggerated sigh and gives me a pouty face

"Pleaseeee? It'll be way more fun."

"No Two-Bit, I don't want my mom to come back to a house that reeks of beer."

"Lame." He leaves and goes to bathroom, I chuckle a little

I talk to the boys for awhile, I debate with Soda on wether or not 'The Ronettes' were a good group or not, I say yes but he says no. Johnny and Ponyboy have been talking to each other, Two was very invested in Mickey Mouse, and Darry was reading the paper.

"There is no way that 'The Ronettes' are better than Ella Fitzgerald, there's no way." Soda argues

"Ella Fitzgerald had like two good songs, all of The Ronettes songs are good. Plus I don't even like Ella that much." Soda looks offended

"You're just mad you can't sing like her." He says sassily.

"And I think you just have a crush on her." I cross my arms and try to look serious but I'm having a hard time not laughing. Soda rolls his eyes and I give up trying to hold it in and burst out laughing. He starts laughing too.

     We continue playfully bickering with each other till Ponyboy proposes an idea "You guys want to play a board game?"

"That sounds like a great idea!" I love board games!

"Sure" Two-But says not taking his attention off the TV

"That sounds fun" Johnny sits down next to me

Soda walks over to the closet and opens it looking at the top shelf "What game?"

"You chose!" Pony tells him. After a couple moments of Soda contemplating he grabs a game and walks back to the living room. The game he picked is 'Monopoly!' Aw hell, I'm no good at that game. We all sit down in a circle on the floor as Soda sets up the game.

"I call the dog!" I grab the little metal dog and place it on the 'Go!' square.

"Damn it! I wanted that one," Two-Bit frowns, I swear he is just a big man child. "I guess I'll get the car."

   Johnny, Pony, and Soda all get their pieces and we start to play, I get off to a pretty good start but quickly start losing.

     I don't even know how long I've been playing for anymore, it feels like weeks. I check my watch TWO HOURS are you kidding me? "It has been two hours since we started playing this dumb game can someone win already?"

"It isn't a dumb game, you're just mad that you're broke." Johnny points out

"I don't have that much money either but I still enjoy it. I think Stacy is just a sore loser."

"Soda, I have 27 dollars and you have 200 I don't want to hear 'I don't have much money either'" I mock him which makes the gang laugh

"Yeah yeah yeah whatever sore loser." He laughs and rolls the dice.

      We continue playing and after another hour, me, Soda, and Two-Bit have all been bankrupt by Ponyboy who owns 90% of the board. Two went back to watching TV but Soda and I kept watching the game. Johnny was quickly running out of money and Pony was winning, but Johnny owned all of the railroads so if Pony landed on one he would go bankrupt and Johnny would win. But the odds aren't looking good.

"You're going down Johnny! I still have 900 dollars and you have 50." Pony rolls the dice and it lands with a 6 and a 5, he moves his pawn and it ends up on a railroad. Yes! Johnnys going to win!

Johnny looks amused "Now you're going down," he picks up the railroad card "You owe me 1100 dollars." He says with a smug smile. Pony defeatedly hands him all his money "I win! 50 dollars isn't to bad now huh Ponyboy?" I like cocky Johnny he's funny.

"Stacy was right this is a dumb game." Pony adds while packing up the game

"It's only dumb if you don't win." Soda puts the box back in the closet.

I stand up off the floor "Well that was a lot of fun but I have to get back to the house and make sure my brothers don't burn anything down." They all tell me goodbye and I leave, I just starting walking down the street when Soda catches up to me.

"Oh hey! what're you doing out here?

"I just thought I would walk you back and make sure no Socs get you" I give him a weird look but we continue walking. After a few minutes of silence he says something "So you're really throwing a massive party on Friday?"

"Yep. Although I don't know if massive is the way to describe it, it just depends on how many people my brothers invite."

"Okay. Well I look forward to it!"

"Yeah me too!" We arrive in front of my place "I'll see you later!" I open my front door

"See ya!" I wave to him and close the door.

I check my brothers rooms and they're empty so I go up to my room to relax. I get to my room and see a note on my bed. What is with this family and notes?

Hey Stacy
I went out to try and meet some people for the party. August made me, he dragged me out of the house.
-Theo
I went to hang out with Bob and his friends, I don't know when I'll be back. Don't wait up!
-August

I got the whole house to myself, cool.

I watch TV for awhile and just lounge around. I watch four episodes of 'The Munsters' and three episodes of 'Petticoat Junction' another episode is about to start when Theo walks in the door. "Hey! Hows making friends goin'?"

"I met a few guys who I thought were pretty cool, I'm going to hang out with them tomorrow." He sits down on the couch next to me

"Aw look at you making friends." I say in a baby voice

"Shut up"

I stand up and yawn "Alright well now that you're back I'm going to bed. If you stay up tell me what time Aussie comes back."

"Goodnight!" He yells as I go up the stairs

"Night." I enter my room and lay down. I reach over to my alarm clock and set an alarm for 11:30.

That'll give me plenty of time to wake up before I see Johnny.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I really liked this chapter I thought it was cute. Also I'm thinking about making this a Johnny love story but I'm really not sure yet.
Thanks for reading!!

Word count : 1624

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 271 28
❝ 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳. ❞
75.4K 943 15
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙. 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚, 𝙞 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙡𝙮 �...
196K 4.6K 64
his eyes are a little swollen. he has flushed them with water after a night of crying and thinks no one will notice. but she, like the rest of the wo...
22.8K 163 39
Dallas and Tess. Two friends turn lovers after years of running around the streets of New York together. The two go around causing trouble here and t...