Wednesday x Male Reader

By MachineHerald

As Wednesday Addams enter Nevermore Academy. She finds horror, mystery, and danger at every turn. With new fa... More

Welcome to Nevermore
A Normal First Day
Holy Pilgrim Fueled Frenzy Batman!
A Knife In The Back
Sith Lords And Shadow Sorcerers
A New Partnership
Insanity Is Overrated
Therapy And Duels of The Literary
Activity Hunting
Bee Keeping Is A Romance
Investigations and Persuasions
Shadows and Shallow
Cryptic Crypts

Races And Retribution

1.4K 33 3
By MachineHerald

The moon shined over head as Y/n gave his goodbyes and disappeared into the shadows. Wednesday continued on as she climbed through the window of her dorm while Enid walked over to her in a huff.

"Where have you been I'm literally having a heart attack right now. Yoko's in the infirmary!"

Wednesday let Thing down from her shoulder as she spoke, "What happened."

Enid paced back and forth as she replied, "Garlic bread incident at dinner. She had a major allergic reaction. Which she's out of the Poe Cup and I don't have a copilot."

Wednesday shook her head, "It wasn't an accident, Bianca's behind it."

Enid stopped suddenly as she turned back towards her roommate, "How do you know?"

"Doesn't matter." the young Addams answered, "But you and I are going to take her down tomorrow."

The young werewolf looked at her stunned, "Wait, you're joining the Black Cats?" her voice trembled with appreciation, "You'd do that for me?"

Wednesdays cold gaze was unblinking as she spoke, "I want to humiliate Bianca so badly that the bitter taste of defeat burns in her throat."

"Yeah but mostly you're doing it because we're friends, right?"

Wednesday ignored the question as she continued, "Tell me how she keeps winning."

Enid sighed, "It's a real brain cramp. The past two years, no other boat has made it across and back without sinking."

She scoffed, "Sounds like sabotage."

The werewolf nodded, "Yeah well there are no rules in the Poe Cup, and she is a siren, which makes her master of the water."

Wednesday looked back at her as she responded, "Then we just need to beat her at her own game."

The next day the sun shined bright in the sky as Enid and Wednesday met in the courtyard. They watched as Bianca walked by them, staring her down.

"We're all set." Enid whispered.

"Good. Thing's in position, as well as Y/n."

She nodded, "Wanna tall me what you guys were up to all night?"

"And spoil the surprise." Wednesday answered.

And in an instance Enid's mouth widened into a large mischievous grin, "Speaking of surprises, your costumes in the tent."

The young Addams looked back at her worriedly.

Within the next few agonizing minutes, Wednesday emerged from the tent dressed in a full black cat costume.

Enid walked up happily in her own cat outfit. "Omg you look purr-fect." she said, "One thing though, where are your whiskers?"

Wednesday narrowed her eyes, "Ask again and you'll be down to eight lives."

Within the next minute all the teams were lined up in there boats. Enid sat in the front holding her row while Wednesday sat behind her along with the other teammates. The young werewolf looked over at the boat beside them, a jester themed one where Ajax sat at the front. She waved at him while he smiled back.

"Focus." Wednesday said from behind her.

At the back of Ajax's boat, Xavier sat as well. Wednesday looked over and shared a look with him, only for Bianca to speak up from the other boat beside them.

"What do we have here? The runt of the litter."

Wednesday held her row as she stared back at her, "For the record, I don't believe I'm better than everyone else." she spoke, "Just that I'm better than you."

Before Bianca could respond principal Weems spoke up from the back of the docs where the rest of the students sat. Adjusting her coat around her as she began her speech.

"I want to welcome you all to the Edgar Allen Poe Cup. This is one of Nevermore's proudest annual traditions, dating back 125 years. Each team must row across to Raven Island. Pull a flag from Crackstones Crypt and hustle back without sinking or being sunk. First team across the finish line wins."

Everyone hoisted there rows, shook off their last nerves and readied their boats as a gun was raised into the air. A gunshot rang out and Weems yelled: "Let the Poe Cup commence!"

The boats all rocketed forward through the water. The crowd cheered as the canoes pulled further and further into the river. Bianca in her boat scanned the shoreline until she found another student standing by the river. She nodded to him and in an instance he dived into the water. His legs morphed together and grew into a log mermaid tail as he sped off towards the boats.

Meanwhile another team pulled up beside The Black Cats. By order of the leader an axe attached to the side of the boat swung out at the cats. Wednesday and Enid ducked out of the way as their boat pulled forward. 

From the water below the mermaid boy reached the axe wielding boat as he began to push against it. The team aboard futiley tried to row against it but were only pushed further and further towards the shore. And with one final push the canoe crashed against the rocks and splayed the riders in the water.

The other boats continued on with the Black Cats in the lead. Wednesday scanned the surface of the water as she continued to row only for her eyes to catch a burst of sudden movement. She then pulled out a spy glass as she spotted a mermaid tail diving back into the lake.

She motioned down to the hand beside her, "Thing." she nodded.

In an instant the disembodied hand pulled a lever beside him as a net shot out from the boat into the water. The mermaid boy turned to try and dodge the rope but was caught in the trap falling to the lake floor.

Back above the surface The Jokers reached land first and hastily dashed into the woods. The Black Cats followed up and stood to follow them. But before she continued Wednesday stopped and turned to Enid.

"Stay here and make sure Bianca can't sabotage our boat." she said.

Enid nodded as Wednesday took off into the woods. Looking back towards the water the young werewolf watched as Bianca and her team were about to make land. Sighing to herself she looked down at the hand bellow her and spoke.

"Thing I need you to distract a couple of Jokers."

In the woods two Jokers came in sight of the flags as Wednesday came in behind them.

Meanwhile the other two Jokers readied the boat to take off as soon as the others came back. But suddenly they noticed Thing standing on a log holding up a middle finger at them.

"Come on let's get it." one of them said.

The two then darted off after Thing as the hand retreated into the woods. As soon as they were gone Enid rushed over to their boat as she pulled out her claws and ripped a hole in the canoe.

Meanwhile the other Jokers grabbed up their flag and began to run back as they passed Wednesday, "Later Wednesday!"

Ignoring them the young Addams grabbed up her teams flag and just as she stepped off the pedestal to run back a vision struck her. 

She collapsed to the ground, as a dark forest filled her head. She whipped her head around in confusions only to stop suddenly as she came face to face with a girl. A teenager ordained in a white dress with yellow braids and pale skin. She looked uncannily similar to Wednesday, same size, same face, even same cold stare. 

"You are the key." the girl said.

Before she could even speak she was ripped from the vision as she was brought back to the present. Bianca stood over her as she grabbed her flag and looked down at Wednesday mockingly.

"Taking a catnap?"

And with that last remark she darted off back to her boat. Wednesday wasted no time as she rushed back after them and to her team. Once she made it the Jokers and the Gold Bugs had already departed while the Black Cats waited for her.

"Come on we have to go!" Enid said urgently.

She immediately hopped in the boat and they darted back into the lake. They pulled up the rear as the Jokers and Bugs led in front, but suddenly the Jokers were halted in their tracks as they seemed to lower.

"What's going on?!" Xavier said in a panic.

They tried to row and propel themselves forward but water only filled the inside of their canoe as the Black Cats passed them. Wednesday looked to Enid for an explanation but she merely smiled.

"I just asked myself, 'WWWD?', What Would Wednesday Do?"

The Gold Bugs still managed to keep themselves ahead of them but the Cats had one final trick up their sleeve. Wednesday pulled out a walkie talkier from her pocket as she spoke into it.

"Y/n your up."

Y/n stood off to the side on the bank of the river as he finished securing a wet suit over him.

"Yeah yeah, but you owe me one for this." he spoke into the walkie. "At least one signed comic book."

Wednesday rolled her eyes as Y/n picked up a spear that was lying against a tree. A long black hilted weapon with designs of vines and roses ordaining the wood, with the the metal tip being slightly pink tinted. He had managed to "borrow" it from the school armory (yes Nevermore has one of those) just for this occasion.

Letting out a deep breath he gripped the weapon in his hands as he stepped into a shadow. And in an instance he emerged from a shadow at the bottom of the lake. Quickly whipping his head around as he saw a yellow canoe passing over him. Y/n then kicked off the bottom of the lake as he swam upwards to meet the bottom of the boat. Gripping the spear he stabbed upwards, easily piercing the wood. He yanked out the weapon and in an instant the boat began to fill with water, satisfied he quickly retreated back into shadow and emerged safely on the river bank.

Wednesday looked out in front of her as the Yellow Bugs confidently paddled forward about to make the finish line. Bianca even looked back at her smiling smugly, that was until they came to a sudden halt. And suddenly they sunk lower and lower as their canoe rose with water.

In an instance the Black Cats pulled ahead and soared to the end of the dock. The students and faculty cheered as the team rose victorious and clambered out of the canoe. Enid and Wednesday hand in hand brought the flag up to the finish line and the crowd erupted in celebration.

"Omg, Wednesday, we did it!" Enid grabbed Wednesday by the shoulders as she spoke in excitement, "This is the greatest moment of my entire life. Admit you even got into the whole school spirit thing."

Enid then turned to celebrate with the rest of the team as Wednesday looked back towards the docks. Only to watch in satisfaction as a drenched Bianca clambered out of a sinking boat onto land.

"You didn't tell me it was a dark, vengeful spirit."

Author Note

Hey my dear reader it's me Machine Herald here to talk and let you know a few things. First off apologies this upload is super late, like really late. I was going to upload this on Monday as scheduled but I got busy and it kept getting pushed back. But that leads into my other announcement about scheduling. Trying to upload a chapter for every story every week is a bit unfeasible (as demonstrated by the past few months). So I'm switching to updating half the stories every week, meaning half will get a chapter one week and the others will get a chapter next week. This will be starting on either next Monday or Tuesday depending on when I finished the chapters. Additionally in 2 days on July 4th which is not only Independence Day but also the one year milestone of my account. And in honor of that I'm doing something new, well actually two new things. First off starting on the next upload (Monday or Tuesday) I will be posting one Y/n x Miscellaneous one shot chapter every week which will continue until the end of August. But not only that but by the end of August the most voted on chapter will be made into a full fledged story. So make sure you go get your one shot suggestions in quickly and maybe I'll write it and then maybe it'll become a full on story. I've already written up a Deathnote one shot and am working on an Angel Dust one, so go over to Y/n x Miscellaneous and start making suggestions. But I have even more news, I also started a new story with two friends of mine, Sable Avyon and Art-ichoke. They are both incredibly talented people and will be co-writing the story. The first chapter is already up so go check it out and support it. And that's all I've got for now my dear readers. I hope you've enjoyed the chapter and as always I tip my hat to you.

- Machine Herald

P.S. Check out my friends YouTube here: @art-ichoke950 on YouTube or just search up Art-ichoke

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.5K 23
"you don't understand Wednesday!" "i think i understand well enough, Enid." a new semester has dawned at Nevermore. the aftermath of the last semes...
85K 2.8K 28
Male Wednesday X Female Black Reader While attending Nevermore academy for her 3rd year at Nevermore Academy, Y/N L/N helps Wednesday and her friends...
8.4K 203 7
Wednesday a new student at nevermore. Y/n a young prince who is a species of his own. They're both complete assholes who love each other so much they...
971 24 8
A new semester at Nevermore Academy brings new students, staff, and suspicions to the beleaguered boarding school. It's a wonderfully woeful return f...