Welcome to Nevermore

It was a bright happy morning at Nancy Reagan High School. Clear skies, fresh air, and cheerful attitudes. Just what Wednesday hated.

A young teenager around the age of 16 passed through the halls of the school. Students staring and steering clear of her as she walked through the building. Dressed in a full black and white dress with black stockings beneath. Complete with dark heeled boots.

'I'm not sure whose twisted idea it was to put hundreds of adolescents in underfunded schools. Run by people whose dreams were crushed years ago . . . But I admit the sadism.'

As she walked her expression never shifted nor changed. Her face was framed by dark black hair, while the air around her remained cold like that of a corpse. Or a fresh freezer filled with still beating organs. Wednesday stuck out like a black sheep amongst the other attendants of the school.

The bell echoed through the halls and people began to file out of the hallways. But Wednesday continued on as she approached a particular locker that was hard to miss. Given that it was covered with crass and ill-mannered drawings. She quickly pulled open the locker only to discover a younger boy tucked inside. Tied up with rope and an apple stuffed into his mouth. He was similar yet completely different to Wednesday. They may have shared a similar face and complexion but the demeanor and air was nothing alike. But despite that he was indeed her brother, Pugsley.

Now that the door had been opened and the boy had nothing to lean against he fell out onto the floor. Wednesday quickly knelt down next to her sibling. Snatching the apple out of his mouth as she spoke.

"I want names." she demanded, in a flat even tone.

She began untying his binds as he spoke.

"I don't know who they were honest. It happened so fast." he replied in a broken, shaky voice.

"Pugsley, emotion equals weakness. Pull yourself together." her younger counterpart whimpered beneath her. "Now." she said sternly.

Wednesday was about to finish the undoing the binds when suddenly her head shot upwards. And her vision was ovetaken by a vision. Her mind showing her a group of jocks in letterman jackets stuffing Pugsley inside the locker and slamming it behind him. The final shot being a clear image of all of their faces.

And in an instance the vision passed and she returned to the normal world.

"You okay?" Puglsey asked in concern.

'I'm not about to confess to my brother that I've recently been plagued by visions. They come on without warning and feel like electroshock therapy, but without the satisfying afterburn.'

"Leave this to me." Wednesday assured Pugsley. Standing back up as she stalked off down the hall.

Pugsley looked back up at his sister. Getting in one more word before she left. "Wednesday, what are you going to do?"

She looked back over her shoulder as she replied. "What I do best."

In a moments notice her plan was already set in motion. As she calmly walked up the steps entering the pool area of the school. Where the same guys who had antagonized pugsley were practicing water polo.

As Wednesday emerged from the stairs one of them noticed her. Pointing her out to what appeared to be the leader of the group from her vision in the hallway.

"Yo, Dalton, look. Pigsley's sister."

The team all halted their practice to turn and look at Wednesday. Dalton being the first to react.

"Hey, freak. This is a closed practice." he said, as all the other guys laughed. While Wednesday stood unamused.

"The only person who gets to torture my brother is me."