Races And Retribution

The moon shined over head as Y/n gave his goodbyes and disappeared into the shadows. Wednesday continued on as she climbed through the window of her dorm while Enid walked over to her in a huff.

"Where have you been I'm literally having a heart attack right now. Yoko's in the infirmary!"

Wednesday let Thing down from her shoulder as she spoke, "What happened."

Enid paced back and forth as she replied, "Garlic bread incident at dinner. She had a major allergic reaction. Which she's out of the Poe Cup and I don't have a copilot."

Wednesday shook her head, "It wasn't an accident, Bianca's behind it."

Enid stopped suddenly as she turned back towards her roommate, "How do you know?"

"Doesn't matter." the young Addams answered, "But you and I are going to take her down tomorrow."

The young werewolf looked at her stunned, "Wait, you're joining the Black Cats?" her voice trembled with appreciation, "You'd do that for me?"

Wednesdays cold gaze was unblinking as she spoke, "I want to humiliate Bianca so badly that the bitter taste of defeat burns in her throat."

"Yeah but mostly you're doing it because we're friends, right?"

Wednesday ignored the question as she continued, "Tell me how she keeps winning."

Enid sighed, "It's a real brain cramp. The past two years, no other boat has made it across and back without sinking."

She scoffed, "Sounds like sabotage."

The werewolf nodded, "Yeah well there are no rules in the Poe Cup, and she is a siren, which makes her master of the water."

Wednesday looked back at her as she responded, "Then we just need to beat her at her own game."

The next day the sun shined bright in the sky as Enid and Wednesday met in the courtyard. They watched as Bianca walked by them, staring her down.

"We're all set." Enid whispered.

"Good. Thing's in position, as well as Y/n."

She nodded, "Wanna tall me what you guys were up to all night?"

"And spoil the surprise." Wednesday answered.

And in an instance Enid's mouth widened into a large mischievous grin, "Speaking of surprises, your costumes in the tent."

The young Addams looked back at her worriedly.

Within the next few agonizing minutes, Wednesday emerged from the tent dressed in a full black cat costume.

Enid walked up happily in her own cat outfit. "Omg you look purr-fect." she said, "One thing though, where are your whiskers?"

Wednesday narrowed her eyes, "Ask again and you'll be down to eight lives."

Within the next minute all the teams were lined up in there boats. Enid sat in the front holding her row while Wednesday sat behind her along with the other teammates. The young werewolf looked over at the boat beside them, a jester themed one where Ajax sat at the front. She waved at him while he smiled back.

"Focus." Wednesday said from behind her.

At the back of Ajax's boat, Xavier sat as well. Wednesday looked over and shared a look with him, only for Bianca to speak up from the other boat beside them.

"What do we have here? The runt of the litter."

Wednesday held her row as she stared back at her, "For the record, I don't believe I'm better than everyone else." she spoke, "Just that I'm better than you."