The Broken Souls (Beyond the...

By shiprasaini1

Adhiti is simple girl and lives in Saharanpur, a small town in Utter predesh. She had a crush on her neighbor... More

Basic information
Prologue
1. My handsome Neighbor
2. When I saw him first time
3. He came to my house
4. The first day of school
5. The Guest
6. Crossing the road
7. The friend
8. My beautiful neighbor
9. Cleaning his room
10. Locked in a room
11. Droping her home
12. Saying the apologies-I
13. Saying apologies-ll
14. Temple
15. Farewell party- 1
16. Farewell Party-2
17. Sharing his thoughts
18. My brother
19. My family
20. Siddhath-Preeti
21. Misunderstandings
22. Diwali
23. The slap of my beautiful sins
24. Aftermath
25. The last letter
26. The broken mug
27. The broken bridge-1
28. The broken bridge 2
29. Hallucinations
30. The latter-The earing
31. The seminar
32. The tissue paper
33. The Signature
34. First day at his office
35. Friends
36. The mud sandwich
37. The childhood friend
38. The rain
39. Under the candle light
40. The tie
41. The savior
42. The war
43. Missing him
44. The shining star
45. The painful love confession
46. His house
47. Raghav's house
48. My sleeping neighbour
49. Meeting his family
50. The softness of his lips
51. The family dinner
52. The Birthday
53. The painful goodbye
54. His old friend
55. Her first letter
56. The Phone call
57. The old neighbourhood
58. Taking a step ahead
59. The unwanted kiss
60. The heavy rain
61. Furious Dhruv
62. His fiancee
63. Sacrifices
64. Blessings
65. The untold emotions
66. My brother
67. Bestfriends
68. Moving on
69. The painful periods
70. Under the shower
71. Bhabhi
72. The Psychiatrist
73. Dinner under the moon
74. lecture on sex
75. In the pool
76. Delhi...
77. Saharanpur
78. The Old School
79. The forgotten day
80. The girl's sleepover
81. The naughty husband
82. Riots
83. My safe heaven
84. Ignoring me
85. Betrayal of the family
86. Untold emotions
87. The Love we feel
88. The unlock door
89. Father's scolding
90. Romance in office
91. Night is not enough
92. The 6000 stroy.
93. The misery of her life
94. The deal
95. The beautiful night turns into nightmare
96. The last goodbye
97. The middle child
98. Missing her
99. His memories
100. The days without him
101. The harsh reality of my life
102. The end of the story
103. My own house
105. Date night
106. The engagement
107. The wedding preparations
108. Family reunion
109. The window
110. The wedding
111. The wedding night
112. Moving to our peradise
113. Intruder
114. Fights
115. Mussoorie
116. Vadh

104. My so called parents

6.8K 631 91
By shiprasaini1

Aditi's point of view

"Dhruv...where is my Admit card.", I shouted on him while going through my purse.

"I put it on the bed.", He replied back from the kitchen.

Today is my prilims and I am going all nuts and my dear husband don't know what he was doing in kitchen from last half an hour because as far as I know he doesn't know how to boil a water let away the cooking. I frown when I saw a pile of clothes on the bed and it was none other than my husband's clothes. I picked all of them and put them in a laundry basket.

"Dhruv, it's not here.", I shouted again when I did not find it on the bed.

"Baby, I don't know please look carefully. It must be there.", He again shouted back from the kitchen. Last night he bring my admit card when he came back home from his office and he was confirming my exam center. I opened the drawer of the nightstand and find my admit card there. I put it in my purse and checked other things.

"Dhruv, where is my watch?", I asked him when I did not find my watch. Today we have exchanged our roles. Every morning Dhruv asked me about his things and I gave his things while making breakfast for both of us.

"It was on the dressing table.", He shouted from the kitchen. I found my watch where he told me. After wearing a watch I made my way to the outside.

"Babu I am getting late, what are you doing in kitchen?", I asked him, while making my way to the kitchen but he came out side with a plate in his hand and a bowl of curd in his other hand. He put them on the dinning table and take out the apron he was wearing over his office attire. He was looking damn hot in his white dress shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbow, watch in his wrist and dark pants.

Aditi, focus you have exam today.

He bring the half burt toast for me which reminds me we don't have breakfast today.

"Dhruv, I am not hungry.", I made a face looking at the toast. I was so nervous that I wasn't feeling hungry.

"One toast won't hurt you. I won't let you leave without having something.", He hold my scalp and I opened my mouth. I took a bite from it and finished it in three bites. He made me eat three toast atleast and after that he made me drink a whole glass of milk.

"Dhruv, I am full..", I put my hand on his wrist when he was holding the glass in front of my mouth.

"Don't whined like a baby. It just a one gulp.", He made me drink the whole glass of milk and then whipe my mouth with the his palm. He then bring the bowl of curd and sugar which made me laugh.

"Who told you about that?", I asked him.

"Internet.", He made me have one spoon of sugar and curd which made me emotional. He then went to our small temple and did my tilak also made me have a prashad. I got emotional seeing him caring me so much and I hugged him tightly.

"You know that, you are the awesome husband.", I said while hugging him tightly.

"Yeah, I know that.", He chuckled softly and kissed on my head. Our moment break when a car honked from outside. His convey is here and we have to leave.

*****

Car stopped in-front of my exam center. A constable open the door for Dhruv and me, we both step outside from the corner. My anxiety reached to its peak when I  saw the number of students there. Dhruv came to my side and gave me the water bottle. I gulped the half bottle of water while looking at the students who were doing the last minute reading. My eyes averted to Dhruv and I saw his smile face.

"It's natural to get nervous before your exam but don't let it overcome to you. Just remember one thing, the exam will be tough for everyone and it would be easy for everyone. Give your hundred percent don't worry about the result.", He said while tucking the loose strand behind my ear. His words gove me the strength and helped me calm down my nervousness.

"I'll be here when you will be done with your exam.", He said while caressing my cheeks lovingly.

"Okay...", I smiled and nodded my head as yes.

"Now go and aag laga do exam mai.", I chuckled softly when he said that but I know he meant it.

(Now go and do your best.)

After wishing me a all the best I went inside the exam center while Dhruv was standing there till I get inside.

****

It was already 5:00 in the evening when I came out from the exam center after giving the CSAT exam. The CSAt was fine as I am good with numbers but I have a little doubt in my GS exam and the bad news is GS exam will decide my selection for main exam.

As soon as I came out from the exam center, I started looking for Dhruv but instead of him I saw his car. A driver was waiting for me and looking for me. I walked to him as I was being angry not seeing my husband there.

"Where is he?", I asked him directly.

"Sir was busy in meeting. He asked me to pick up you.", He said while giving me my handbag.

I just nodded my head. Driver open the door of backseat for me and I sit inside the car while taking out my phone from my handbag.

Driver started the car while I dialled Dhruv's number. The ring was going and I was waiting for him to pickup.

"Hello..", His sweet yet masculine voice reached to me and I was squealing from inside. I don't know why, we both are married and have done so many things other than kissing but still when I see him or hear him I was going all nuts like I a 15 year old teenage girl who go crazy for her crush.

"Hum aapse naraz hai. Aap hume milne q nahi aaye?", Without saying hello. I directly came to the point. I heard him chuckling softly and can imagine the dimple on his right cheek.

(I am angry with you. Why did you not come to pick me up?)

"I am sorry love but I have meeting with C.M.", He apologized.

"Then you should marry him not me. Every time you do meeting with him.", I showed my anger on him.

"He does not have things you have.", He teased me.

"Huh! Everytime double meaning things. Dhruv you have to stop being naughty. I am serious here. I am angry with you.", I put my point in front of him.

"Baby I was talking about your beautiful heart and I am only interested in you.", A smile tug to my lips hearing him and I was blushing like a same 15 year old teenage girl.

"Okay, you convenienced me. Now tell me when will you come home?", I asked him.

"After wrapping up the meeting here. I'll straightly come home. Now tell me how was your exam.", He asked me.

"Exam to aucha hi jata hai but result anne per pata lagega ke exam mai kitni aag lugayi." , I said in a boring tone and he laughed which made me laugh also.

(Exam will be okay but result will tell how okay it was.)

"Don't worry, I trust on you. You'll clear the exam and if not then it will be okay also.", He said while encouraging me.

"Hmmm...if I would clear the prelims, I would do double hard work in mains.", I said.

"I believe in you.", He whispered and I smiled.

Driver stopped the car on red signal while Dhruv and I was keep talking. I was looking outside while talking to him but then my eyes fell on two people sitting on the footpath in rug clothes. They were looking older than last time when I met her. They both were the main reason I had gone through a worst in my life. Tears brim into my eyes looking at both of them.

Suddenly the man stood up and went to the dustbin. He started looking something inside it and after sometime he bring a rotten food from the dustbin and give it to his wife. Both were looking at it with their welled up eyes. They both were gathering courage to eat it.

"Aditi..are you there?", I forgot that Dhruv was still on line.

"Dhruv hum aapse bad mai baat kerte hai.", I don't remember that I say good bye to him but the line was dead lon ago.

(Dhruv, I'll talk yo you later.)

I opened the door and crossed the traffic while sticking my eyes to them.  They were about to eat them when I snatched that junky food and throw it away. Their eyes fall over me and tears welled up in their eyes.

"Aditi, my daughter....", My so called mother stood up and took me in a tight hug while I keep my hands to myself and looked straight with tears in my eyes. Soon after my so called father also stood up and took me in a hug once who said that my touch disgust him and he wants to bath in a holy water that man is hugging me himself. I was crying not because I love them but I pity on them. At once I ised to beg for foods to them but today their karma bites them back.

"How are you dear?", My mother broke the hug and kissed on my forehead while I keep looking straight. Today their touch burns me. The wounds they had given me are fresh till date.

"I am so happy to see my daughter again.", My so called father put his hand on my head and caressed it lovingly. They are showing the love which I used to crave but now that Aditi was long gone who used to wish their love.

"Come with me.", I turned without looking at them and walked to my parked car where driver was waiting for me and I know my fake parents are following me.

****

I was feeling nothing seeing to those two person who gave birth to me and having food. Yes I bring both of them to my home to give them some food because at once I also have spent days without food and I doesn't want anyone to suffer for food not even those who caused a life full of miseries.

They were eating like they did not see food before and I did not stop them just sit there numb. I don't feel sympathy for them and I don't want to.

Ting...tong...

The doorbell rang and their eyes went to the door along with mine. I stood up and opened the door. Dhruv was standing before me with his charming smile but I couldn't reflect the one which made him looked at me in confusion. Today he came earlier than expected as we both made a plan to  go out for dinner in some restaurant.

"Naaraj ho..?", He asked me and I just shaked my head as no. I moved aside and let him in. He stopped on his track when he noticed my parents and I stood behind him. Theu were also stopped eating and looked at Dhruv with apologetic eyes I guess.

He turned to me and I don't have any answers of his unasked questions. He went inside our room while I went to the kitchen to brought a glass of water for him. My parents stopped eating and sit there in guilt. When I entered inside the our room Dhruv was standing in-front ofthe dressing table and folding uo his sleeves. His coat jacket was laying on the bed while wet towel was on the other end of the bed.

He turned and I gave him the water. He drank the water while looking at me. He did not say a word after he seeing my parents in the livingroom and this thing is eating me from inside. I don't want to upset Dhruv because of them. They are nothing in my life while Dhruv is my everything. He is my world.

"I saw them while on my way back to home. They were eating a rotten food from the dustbin. I couldn't see them as once I used to beg for food. For a humanity I bring them home and offer them food. I still hate them as much as I hate them earlier.", I said while looking down. I would cry if he would get angry with me. He put the glass on the near table and turn to me. I keep looking down. I don't know why but there is fear inside me that he will get upset with me.

I feel him move closer to me and he slowly lifted my face holding my chin softly.

"It's your home. You can bring anyone you want. I don't need any explanation. I just don't want to see you hurt.", He whispered while looking at me and I looked at him with love. I wanted to hug him but before I could throw myself into his arms he hold my hand and we both walked to the living room where my so called parents were waiting. To my surprise all the plates and cutleries was not there and table looked clean liken someone just cleaned it with cleanser.

Dhruv and I both set in-front of them on the same couch. Dhruv make sure to sit closer to me and I feel protected near to him. No matter how strong I get but still people from my past scared me.

"Aditi, dear....what we have done to you was not right. We have invested all our live and money to Atul but now when he is jobless he thinks we are burden to him. He became alcoholic. He fights with his wife and in this age he forced us to work. We don't have money to afford a meal of two times. Since Dhruv bought our Saharanpur house we are homeless and living temporarily in your buaji's house. We are living life of beggers.", After saying this my mother broke into tears.

"Aditi, my little princess please forgive your parents.", My biological father joint his both hands in-front of me. Once he used to dlap me with those hands what an irony. I feel like vomiting when he called me his little princess.

I smugged..

"You are doing it again. Praising the one child and cursing the another one. But it's not your fault Mr. and Mrs. Tripathi..Old habits don't leave.", I taunted them. My so called mother opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off.

"Please don't think that I forgive you because it's not possible in this life at least. I bring you here and offered a food because I was at your place when you threw me out and pushed me to that hell. I used to beg for food from your sister and she only gave me beating. I don't want anyone to beg for food not even you. I did it out of humanity not because we have a blood relation.", I said looking at my father and both of them looked down in shame. They did not speak a word and sit there, bending there head down.

"Aditi. my daughter please forgive us. We were not a good parents to you. We realised our mistakes. Please forgive us dear.", My mother bend down and touched my leg and asked me to forgive her. I hold her by her shoulders and make her sit back on the couch.

"Please don't touch me otherwise you have to bath on the holy water and I am sorry we don't have any in our r home. Also please don't call me your daughter. Your daughter was died five years ago. Do you remember Mrs. Tripathi?", I taunted them and make them remember there said words. I may sound rude but I don't care because they only gave me pain and always made me feel unwanted and unworthy.

"Please don't say that dear. We are already ashamed. We were the worst parents for you. Please forgive us dear. We beg you. Please forgive us.", My father joint his both hands and ask for forgiveness. He had tears in his eyes but for me they were just a crocodile tears. I did not say anything and turn my face to the other side while wiping my tears.

"Aditi, if you want they can live with us here.", Dhruv said to me. I know he hated them more than I do but he is saying this because they are my parents but he is misunderstood. I hate them. I don't even bare there presence in the same room. The air is suffocated me because of them.

"Call a taxi. give them some money and ask them to leave, please. They already have their meal if they want they could bring some with them.", After saying that I stood up and went inside the room. I took out my clothes from almirah and went inside the washroom to take a shower.

When I came out from the washroom Dhruv was there sitting on the bed. He looked at me when I came out. I did not say anything and stood in-front of the dressing table, soaking my hair with towel. Dhruv stood up and stand behind me. He took the towel from my hand and started soaking my hair while our eyes were locked through the mirror.

He threw the towel on the bed and he knows I am going to shout on him for that but this time I ignored it. He hold my shoulder and made me turn to him.

"I am sorry that I bought the you parents Saharanpur house. After I came to know what they did to you I want them to beg on roads. I was the reason that Atul lost his job. Because of me your family living a miserable life." He confessed everything looking into my eyes. I saw guilt in them.

I cupped his right cheek made him looked at me.

"They are not my family..You are...and you don't have to feel guilty of what you did to them because its their Karma they are facing.", I said while looking at him with love. He encircled his right arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"I thought you were angry on me.", He said while caressing my cheek.

I smiled and shake my head as no, "I don't feel anything for them. So no reason to get angry on you."

"But when did you planned this?", I asked him.

"Remember when I went to Mansoori in LABSNA?", He asked and I nodded my head as yes.

"I stopped to Dehradun on my way back to Lucknow for some official work. One day there I saw Atul enjoying his lunch with his colleagues. When he went outside for smoke, I confronted him and asked about you. But he abused you and say bad things about you, which made my blood boils in anger. On the same night I went to his house and there I saw your picture with a garland and your nephew said that you were dead because you commit suicide.", Hearing that angry tears bring in my eyes and I clenched my jaw. How cruel my parents were. They feed a child with lies. How could someone be so cruel to their own blood. * was their daughter and they declared me dead while I was alive.

"Your mother hate to see me there and said many things. She broke the picture which was hanged on the wall and said that you were dead because you bring cursed to their family. Your father was not pleased that I took your name in that house. That day I have decided I will ruin their life. I will made them go through the same you had gone through. With helped of my college friend who was at the very reputed post on that company, I came to know that Atul had done scams in his company, I highlighted that. His officials throw him out from the company and my friend made sure that he did not get the job in other firm also. ", He said.

"When did you buy their Saharanpur's house?", I asked him.

"I hired a private investigator to fetch details about your past but he could not get a hand any important detail but one day he called me that your parents are selling the house. So when we went to Saharanpur in Preeti and Siddharth's wedding, I bought their house in a very cheap rate after playing some government tricks. I made them forced to sell me the house because they were going to sell the house to some business man who wants to turn into a godown after breaking it completely. I can not let anyone to break my beautiful neighbour's house. We have beautiful memories together there. Specially your room's window where you were tried to take one glimpse of mine.", He said while looking at me with love.

"I love you...", This is the only word I managed to say and I hugged him tightly. No one can love me like Dhruv do. I don't know what he had done was right or wrong but for me he has taking revenge to every person who bring tears in my eyes. He is keeping his promise.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 3.8K 63
• She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. • Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...
159K 7.3K 34
He was sitting on bed in front of me in white shirwani. The look of utter adoration and devotion was completely visible in his ocean blue eyes. So mu...
54.7K 3.8K 51
The story unfolds the sweet tender moments of Rishabh and Paridhi, how their love blossoms, during and after their (arranged love) marriage. Paridhi...
21.4K 1.8K 22
"Sshhhhh....." he hushed and pinned us against the wall leaving no space between us. I held onto his biceps with my hand in reflex. He shook his head...