Seeking Gaston Lynx Esquivel

By levisky123

Gaston Lynx can confess to anyone, flirt to anyone, and be friends with anyone. Basically, he can do anything... More

PROLOUGE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
EPILOGUE
Special Chapter

Chapter 6

2.3K 100 11
By levisky123

"Oh! Nice to see you here...Carmella." I smiled at her warmly as she looked at me the same. Cold and distant.

Instead, she started picking out her grocery and her basket. I helped her pick up her groceries, scattered on the floor.

"You're doing your groceries at night?" I asked after picking up her items. 

Tinaasan niya lang ako ng kilay. "Oo." She plainly said and it's enough for me.

Tumalikod na siya sa akin at tinuloy ang pagpili ng mga bibilhin niya. I grabbed my biscuit and tailed her.

"Hmmm...I've got here my favorite...biscuit." She looked at the pack of biscuits in my hand as I smiled at her warmly. I don't even know what type of biscuit it is, but whatever.

"I was at a birthday party, I was supposed to go home when I remembered I don't have stocks anymore." I partly lied, partnered with a lame excuse.

I tailed her for a few minutes, I watched her choose her items carefully until she suddenly spoke. I attentively looked at her.

"Magbabayad na ako." She then started walking to the cashier.

I abruptly tailed her again. "Uhmmm, magbabayad na rin ako."

We were near the cashier when she suddenly stopped and looked at the tarpaulin standee. I also looked at it and saw that it was a raffle draw from the grocery store itself. It is their 10th anniversary and they are giving out prizes.

I looked at her as she looked at the details intently. So, can I conclude the way she looks at it na mahilig siya sa ganito? Raffles?

We then walked to the cashier. "Good eve Maam, Sir!" An elderly woman greeted us.

"Pwede po bang sumali sa raffle draw?" Carmella abruptly asked the cashier.

"Ay opo!" The cashier handed her some papers and to me as well. "Paki fill-up na lang po ng information niyo po at ihulog dito sa drop box. Twice a day lang po pwedeng mag hulog. "

Carmella filled it up habang inasikaso na ng cashier ang pinamila niya.

I looked at the cash prizes . For the first prize, there will be 2 winners worth five thousand pesos cash, the second prize, 2 winners of  grocery packages worth 3 thousand pesos, and the last prize, 5 winners of one thousand worth of grocery packages.

She finished doing her own paper and so I handed out mine, hindi ko naman kailangan.

"I don't need it." And smiled at her.

She didn't hesitate to get in my hand and filled it up quickly with her personal information. I was in awe as I've never seen her this excited over something. Well, that was cute.

She paid for herself and I paid for my own biscuit. We thanked the cashier and went out. Now, should I ask her if she would like me to take her home? Malalim na ang gabi at delikado na sa daan. This is probably my chance now!

"Do---"

"I'll go first, salamat." My smile faded as soon as she quickly turned her back on me.

I looked at her back as she moved away from me. Now, that quite hurts me a little bit. I looked at her back more and couldn't help but question myself. Why is she so cold and very distant?

Napababa ako ng tingin, I looked at the ground as if it would answer me. I heaved out a heavy sigh then looked at the grocery store again. My eyes settled on the tarpaulin and her eagerness to join the raffle draw popped up in my mind.

An idea suddenly popped out in my mind. Right! I could do that thing.

I went back hurriedly to the cashier. Dinantay ko ang palad ko sa counter.

"Ano po ulit iyon, Sir?" She asked as I looked at her hopefully.

"Nandito po ba ang may ari ng store?" I asked her seriously as she then looked at me weirdly.

"Hmmm, nandito po, sila po kasi ang  nagsasara nitong store." She hesitantly answered me back.

"Can you please call them? I just want to ask something about the raffle draw. Please..." I pleaded.

Tumango siya kaagad sa akin at umalis na sa pwesto.  I looked at her as she entered a door exclusive for the employees. Few minutes of staring at the door and she went out together with an elderly man with glasses.

Lumapit ako kaagad. "Good eve po." I politely greeted the man as the cashier went back to her post.

He looked at me from head to toe. "Anong kailangan mo, Iho?" He asked me, hesitantly.

I smiled warmly at him. Carmella wouldn't accept anything from me, especially if its  free, but I can do something about it.

"You're smiling like an idiot again." Peter called me out as we took our lunch in the canteen.

"I'm not smiling at all." I averted my gaze on my lunch as he looked at me more weirdly.

"How was your internship?" I asked just to divert his attention.

"It's fine as usual. How are you and Ada?" He asked insead.

"Fine as well." I plainly said. If I say more, he would start teasing me again

And then I remembered him telling Gunner stories. I'll kill him, I said.

"But how dare you tell Gunner about her?!" I looked at him piercingly.

He laughed out loud at mas lalo akong nainis. "You gossip more than girls do. Mga tsismoso." I added more.

He only laughed at my remarks. "I mean, he asked and I just answered him." He reasoned out.

"How many times do I have to tell you---

"Na wala kang gusto kay Ada?" He cut me off and continued my sentence. He smirked at me. "Sure, Gaston, sure." He shook his head as he looked at me mockingly and disappointingly.

Huminga ako ng malalim. "Whatever, you two can think whatever you want." And that's the only thing that I could say.

We continued eating our lunch and went back to class after it. Days have been rolling so slow these last few days, I hope Friday will come sooner again.

I was supposed to enter the classroom, when I saw Carmella talking in the hallway. She is talking to her friend. Her only friend I guessed 'cause she is the only one I saw talking to her multiple times ever since day one.

I stared at her as she looked at her friend with a little bit of warmth. Far away different from the way she looked at me.

My days continued just like that. I do not know why but it became too boring for me, I sighed heavily as I got out of the faculty. It's Friday tomorrow so I guessed it is fine. I don't even have plans on clubbing this week and this is not just so me.

Most classes are already dismissed and I just delivered some papers in the faculty room. Kaunti na lang ang tao sa hallway at karamihan ay pauwi na rin. I greeted some friends along the way going to the parking lot, but it was all halted when I saw a familiar figure near my car.

I gasped loudly upon recognizing Carmella. What is she doing here? Is she waiting for me? She got her backpack and a cellophane in her other hand, and she is obviously waiting for someone.

"I'll go first, goodbye Tiffany!" I said my goodbye at dali-dali ng lumakad palapit sa sasakyan ko.

Should I greet her? Tanungin kung bakit nandito siya? O kung ako ba ang hinihintay niya? Or am I assuming things again? We'll never know unless I try.

"Hi! What are you doing here?" I greeted her as soon as I reached her.

She looked at me plainly. Never felt this good to get her attention, even though she is emotionless. That will do for me.

I smiled at her widely until she handed me the red cellophane she was holding into. I looked at her unknowingly as I hesitantly accepted it from her.

"You said that was your favorite biscuit. Oreo biscuit."

I gasped at her. I can't even remember what's the name or type of the biscuit was, kaya bakit binibigyan niya ako ngayon ng ganito? There is only one explanation for that!

Maybe...she likes me! Or is she trying to impress me?! What the---

"I won the raffle draw two times, first and second prize. And that is because you gave me your coupon."

Oh...right. I swallowed hard as I looked at her. I just assumed things.

"Congrats! It must have been your lucky day!" I responded enthusiastically.

She just nodded at me as I smiled at her warmly.

"I'll go first...see you tomorrow and thank you again." She bid her goodbye and went off.

My smile faded as soon as she uttered those words. That was probably the warmest thing I have ever heard from her. I looked at her back until she completely disappeared from my sight. My heart continued thumping even though she is now out of my sight.

Carmella, what have you done to me?

Napabalikwas ako ng higa . I looked at my clock beside my bed at nakitang alas syete palang ng umaga. I slept so peacefully last night I thought I missed my alarm clock. Saktong-sakto lang.

I got out of bed and prepared my things for work. I am smiling widely as I prepare my things, it is Friday again and I'll see her again. Binuksan ko ang kurtina at kaagad na pumasok ang hindi pa masakit na sikat ng araw. This day should be good. It is still early but I want to arrive at work early.

I did my business in the shower and ate my breakfast. I packed my coffee and of course, the biscuit that she gave me. I haven't tasted it yet but it will become my favorite for sure and I am planning to bring one as my snacks every friday.

I looked at myself one more time in my full length mirror. I looked good and I am ready to go.

I arrived at the building around 8:30 in the morning. I was smiling widely as I greeted the employees. I entered the elevator as I whistle. I'm in such a good mood.

I entered our office and my smile quickly faded as soon as I saw Carmella sitting in her chair and chatting with a male employee.

Ramdam ko ang pag-iinit ng ulo ko sa nasaksihan. Just how dare he talk that way to Carmella?! And how dare he laugh while talking to her? I looked at Carmella and the way she was eyeing him coldly. Well, that's good.

I went to my chair seriously. Halos pasalampak kong binaba ang shoulder bag ko sa lamesa. Napatingin sila sa akin pareho at nawala ang ngiti sa mukha ng lalakeng empleyado. I am not familiar with his name but I know that he is from the budget department. Anong ginagawa niya dito?

"Uhmm Sir. Good morning po!" He shyly greeted.

May kahihiyan pa rin pala siya? Then why don't he get out of the place right now at huwag ng ngumiti -giti dito! God, his smile is irritating the hell out of me!

Tinaasan ko lang siya ng isang kilay at kitang-kita ko paano siya napalunok ng malalim. That's right! Dapat matakot ka.

He looked at me hesitantly, then looked at Carmella back again.

"Ma-mauuna na ako, Sir--"

"Sure!" I cut him off immediately.

"Carmella, see you."

Halos mabitawan ko ang hawak kong tumbler sa sinabi niya. Did he just call her 'Carmella'? What the!

I watched him like a hawk as he got out, then I looked back at Carmella looking at me weirdly now.

"You let him call you 'Carmella'? And how you two even knew each other, huh?" I asked her almost gritting my teeth.

Kitang-kita ako ang pagkabigla niya sa mga tanong ko. But her expression doesn't matter now! The fact that she doesn't protest, him calling her 'Carmella' just pisses me off to the roof.

Hinugot ko ang kaluluwa ko para lang magkaroon ng lakas ng loob na matawag siyang 'Carmella' at makausap siya, and now he is letting that man call and talk to her that way? There was no unfairness in that part but It felt so unfair to me!

"Nakabunggo ko siya kanina, and he just return to me my wallet." She timidly explained.

Wow. That's a new expression from her again but whatever! "Then why let him call you 'Carmella'?" I repeatedly asked again. Halos matampal ko na ang lamesa namin sa panggigigil na nararamdaman.

"Cause, 'Carmella' is my name?" She hesitantly responded.

I smiled at her mockingly. "Really, huh?"

She nodded at me. "And...I'm not comfortable talking to him...so that would be the last time." She added more.

Unti-unti ay nawala ang pagkairita sa aking mukha. I felt weird in my stomach as I felt my heart thumped loud and hard, iniwas ko ang tingin sa kanya. Well, that's fine for me. Huminga ako ng malalim. I massaged my temple, why am I getting so moody again?

"Gaston, Ada. You can join us at our meeting today. There will be a presentation for the new sustainable power plants."

Mrs. Ramirez barged in. Napatingin ako sa kanya. She then looked at her wrist watch.

"It will start by 10am. But you should be at the conference hall at the left wing before 9:50, okay?"

She smiled at us warmly pero hindi ko pa ring magawang ngumiti. My mind is somewhere else.

"Yes po, no problem." Carmella answered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171 5 14
Caitlin has been offered the opportunity of a lifetime for the internship that will complete her studies. She will be interning for six months as the...
185 4 6
She just wants the best for him, as his friend. She would give up anything for him, as he would do the same. They would give up their souls for each...
5.7K 195 19
Felix Romano ceo of Romano industries is 6'2, 28 years old, he's a cold calculator, doesn't let anyone into his life or personal world apart from his...
3.3M 115K 45
Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was he staring at me?" Leaning towards me h...