His Forbidden Hybrid Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Selene's life was shattered on her 16th birthday when her mother's deep secret was exposed and the whole pack... More

1. Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Cast in the story so far.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Season 2 update

Chapter 31

10.4K 399 27
By HumbleSmith123

"The shaman, or whatever you called him, left his thatched hut and went all the way to my father's palace to tell him I had fallen in love with a shewolf." He seethed, his voice low and cold. I could sense the raging anger bubbling inside him from every word he spoke, even though he appeared calm from the outside.

"I was so shocked too. Like, I didn't expect him to do that after I told him to keep it a secret so we could resolve it. It is my fault. I took you to him." I sighed, lowering my head. 

"Hey, I need beer here." I heard him making an order, which made me look up at him.

"For me also." I said to the waiter, who bowed and left while we both returned to staring at each other.

He scoffed and clicked his tongue, his eyes fighting hard to hide his fierce anger. He was really reframing himself, and his clenched fists and teeth were evidence of how much his beast was fighting to burst out and wreak havoc on me.

"You took me to that dickhead, and now words have spread that I betrayed my family, my dear vampire clan, the people I would be ruling in no distant time. What do you think will happen next? Can you read my intention?" He whispered in a sinister voice, his eyebrows raised with a wry smirk curling up his lips.

"Here is it." The waiter arrived and announced, dropping the full foamy tumbler of beer on the table for us. 

"Thanks.." Jaden muttered as he walked away before grabbing the drink and gulping it down in a rush.

"See, it wasn't as I expected. I just wanted to help. I cared for you and wouldn't want to see you fall into her charm. You won't be able to hide your identity forever. If she ever finds out you're a vampire, you're gone. You are the prince, and if you're trapped, we will all be in danger of fighting an unprepared war, which would cost a lot of lives..."

"Can you stop whining and drink your beer? I'm almost done with mine, and you haven't sipped a drop." He cut me off, slurping the last drop of the drink. " Drink and enjoy because it might be your last time; who knows.." 

I flinched at his words as panic coursed through my veins, but I wasn't so sure he would be able to kill me.

"More here. Please make it three." He beckoned and then turned back at me with a smile as I sipped the beer with my eyes peering at him.

"Do you like villains?" He asked, his face gleaming with a smile that exuded danger. 

"No. I prefer allowing fate to take its course and not doing all sorts of evil to make what wasn't meant to happen to happen. It doesn't end well." I responded calmly.

"It doesn't always end well. In some cases, it does end well and great. It is the best strategy for success, and the good ones die at the end. Life is not a scripted movie, you know.." He chuckled sardonically, and I really couldn't say anything. All I knew was that Jaden was about to change into something else.

"What do you plan to do next? Remember, an entire kingdom is looking up to you. The throne is gradually becoming yours. Morality and obedience to the law of our land should be your top priorities." I muttered, trying not to provoke him.

"Listen. When we left that shaman's hut, I didn't head home, I went to that river in this pack to think thoroughly about all that had been happening recently in my life since the very day I set my eyes on that girl. I weighed the gain and the loss. The good side and the bad side of our relationship, and do you know what happened at the end? Do you know the decision I made?" He asked rhetorically, but I answered anyway.

"No, I don't. Tell me." 

I was anxious to hear him.

"My decision was to follow the right path and do exactly what everyone else would do, which is to kill her before I fall deeper into her arms. I met with her before coming down here to meet you. I rejected her." He paused and threw his face aside, letting out a lopsided smile.

"I pushed her away even when it was evident how shattered and crushed she was. I ignored the sharp, shooting pain I felt in my heart while doing that. I surely broke her with words and warned her that the next time we would meet was going to be in the battle ground, which was a bluff because before that battle of our kingdom and this pack, I would have killed her with my bare hand." He paused and laughed dryly, tilting his face back toward me.

"I am so happy to hear this. I swear, this is the best decision to make at this moment! For everyone's good," I beamed, rubbing my palm in glee, but his countenance made me realize something else.

"Oh yes, you're right. It's the good boy's decision to please his parents to earn their praise. Listen carefully.. I traced my missing bracelet, and it took me to her straightaway, and when I crawled in through the window, I caught the Alpha prince about to rape her in the bathroom." 

"What?! Shit! Why do they treat her this badly? Even the prince who just returned is already hurting her. Fuck!" I cursed, feeling so disgusted and annoyed. "No one should be treated the way she is being treated. Whatever crime she committed, the punishment is getting out of hand." I huffed, scanning my eyes through the crowd gathered, feeling irritated by them all. Werewolves are clearly more evil than us in all ways.

"I don't know how my bracelet got to her hand. Luckily for her, I saved her from being raped once again with just my presence, although saving her this time was unintentional. Then, we talked. She has a lot to say to me, talking about fate bringing us together. Me being her mate. Some love connections between us, bla bla bla. But I shunned her and left her with no more hope because, seemingly, she was clinging to me as her last hope."

"No, you can't be her hope. She must be stupid to think that way, I doubt it. Every she wolf hopes only for their mates, which you clearly aren't!" I snapped, but he scoffed.

"The alpha prince is her fated mate, that she was hoping to be her savior, sadly. He almost raped her, and told her straight to her face that he would do it to her again and again without anyone stopping him after he made sure to reject her in the most painful manner. He clearly told her she would be his toy."  He seethed, and his eyes flared up.

"What?.. Oh God...this is unbelievable." I sighed, feeling pitied for the poor girl.

"Here are your orders, sir..." The waiter's voice broke in, and we both nodded while the tumblers were dropped. The waiter left, and Jaden grabbed one immediately, drinking real quick.

"Why are they treating her that way? This is too much for her, but that doesn't mean you should get involved. They will be doing us a huge favor if she dies.. You can't keep saving her life when our entire kingdom relies on her death to be able to defeat this pack...You are literally fighting against your own people." I exhaled heavily, resting my head in my palm.

"I planned to leave her because I wanted to be the good son of my father. I wanted to live up to expectations and maybe kill her even though I loved her so much. I was ready to find a pretty vampire and learn how to love and cherish her till we become couples, but I am sorry I will never do that anymore since the shaman had already exposed me. It is time to face it and see to the end..." He stated with a stern and grim face. 

"What do you mean? There is still a way out to make everyone believe he lied."

"But he wasn't lying. Was he?" I snickered, as I pursed my lips.

"Jaden, I don't know what to say. I don't just know. Dad sent me and some men to find out if the girl was alive. They will find out she is alive, and suspicion will rise again about who healed her. They will check the pills you have again.. I don't know what will happen next. I really don't know how dangerous the path you're treading will be. What will even happen when you get back home this night?" I questioned, morose, feeling my heart grow heavy.

Jaden had been my best friend. I love him so much and I can't bear to see him face the wrath of judgment for betrayal.

"I know what will happen when I get home, and you also know, but the difference is that you know a few." He clicked his tongue again and picked up the tumbler. 

In a single run, he gulped it all down and dropped the glass so hard that it cracked, drawing attention to us. It was loud enough that even with the music, people still heard it.

"Stop drawing attention to us. Even if our scent is covered, we can't afford to be scrutinized by the guards." I hushed, and he shrugged, reclining on the chair, his eyes locking with mine.

"Are you with or against me?" He asked seriously. A question that tugged at the deepest part of my heart. Those charming eyes penetrating into mine were heating up my cheeks, and as much as my inner mind was screaming at me to say no, I knew I couldn't.

We had been together for many years, together as friends, as everyone sees, but deep in an isolated part of my heart, I knew it wasn't just friendship I have for him. It was something deeper.

He would ask about my love life, whether I ever had a girlfriend and broke up or if I planned to get one some day, but I do come up with lies about having high taste and being only interested in sex for now while waiting for the girl who will take away my breath, but what he doesn't know is that I had found the person that took away my breath and kept me bound around his finger tip.

I had found my taste and the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. That person is him. I don't know if I'm gay but I really can't afford to see him fall in love and push me aside.

I must be stupid, right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 5.1K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
255K 11.6K 23
All She wanted was a fresh start for her and her 2 children after the death of her husband. All He wanted was to do right by his pack and prepare hi...
197K 5.1K 26
My freedom from Aiden Forbes, the new alpha of the pack that shares territory with ours, is short-lived when he returns. He's a nuisance I cannot esc...
3.1K 64 34
Luna is a junior in high school who's mom took off when she was a little girl. Her dad works a lot so she takes care of her self which often gets her...