His Forbidden Hybrid Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Selene's life was shattered on her 16th birthday when her mother's deep secret was exposed and the whole pack... More

1. Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Cast in the story so far.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Season 2 update

Chapter 22

11.8K 441 20
By HumbleSmith123

I watched as she dragged her feet away, fear and confusion written all over her face. She couldn't stop throwing glances at me. I knew there were a lot of questions going through her head, and the fright in her wouldn't even let her say anything.

I could only hear her sharp breaths as her legs shivered at each step away from me. Once she was gone, I shut the door and went back to bed. I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take me away, but just then, I felt that hotness of the bracelet again.

"What is wrong with this?" I muttered in confusion, bringing it out in haste. It was glowing again, and I really didn't know why. It was like an unseen force pushed me to do it. I quickly put it on my left hand, and a wave of sensation swept through my skin, so chilling that goosebumps spread through me.

"We shouldn't be wearing that! What gave you the courage? Do you know if it's forbidden or something?" My wolf shouted when she saw me wear the bracelet. We had been really scared to wear it, and she couldn't understand how I took the risk now.

"I don't know. I just felt like wearing this. Does it look pretty?" I smiled, staring at my hand as the enchanting pearls gleamed beautifully. It stopped glowing and returned to normal, as if it were waiting for me to wear it.

"You know that thing can't be in your hand? How will you explain where you got it from?" She sighed. "But it is really beautiful and fits you perfectly." She added, with excitement.

"It had stopped glowing and doesn't burn. It is a warning that I shouldn't stuff it inside my pocket." I beamed, and she hissed.

"So it wants you to wear it around and get into trouble that you would destroy your life the more." She sneered.

"What about lying that we picked it on the ground somewhere? I really feel so good having it around my wrist." I mumbled, exhaling.

"And what if they know the origin? This isn't something that can be found in the werewolf world, as you know. We already have a lot of troubles to deal with. Don't add to it."

"About your hybrid nature, what if one day, you turn into a beast and begin to attack people, sucking their blood and eating their internal organs? We should be scared of that, you know?" She shrugged and lay low while I buried my face in the pillow.

"I have no control over it. I don't know what my future holds. We are alone." I sulked sadly.

"No, we are not. Jaden is there for you. After saving you twice, you should know he is keeping watch over you somehow. We should give him a chance." She chirped, her tone brimmed with excitement all of a sudden. I thought she was becoming gloomy just now.

"You are really falling hard for that vampire!" I shunned her, and she laughed hard, kicking at me.

"You are falling harder than me, but human nature is good at bottling their emotions, so don't make me think I'm the simp here."

"Whatever. Let us sleep." I grinned, hugging my pillow tight, and with the bracelet around my wrist, I felt it so well, like he was lying with me there on the bed. The connection was so strong that it was as if I could talk with him through the bracelet.

I closed my eyes, and he was the only image clouding my head, my mind, and every thought of mine.

"You are blushing really hard; your cheeks are like tomatoes." My wolf taunted with a cheeky smile, making me giggle, but I couldn't open my eyes because I didn't want to end the romantic moment with Jaden going through my imagination.

Jaden's POV

"Wake up. You have slept enough, and it's making me wonder why you are having sleepless nights." The voice of Jake whispered into my left ear as he tapped my forehead to wake me up, although I had already woken up the moment he walked in.

"Can't I have a nap again?" I groaned, turning my face toward the other side of the bed.

"Since morning, and it's evening now. What a great nap used to escape." He blurted and I flinched, spinning to face him abruptly.

"What do you mean escape? Escape from what?" I growled with a deep frown on my face.

"Can I see your pills?" Yours are two. Show them to me, sir?" He pursed his lips, peering into my face.

"You have no right to order me. Now get out!" I seethed, sitting up angrily.

"I hope your father won't also have the right to order you." He shrugged and stood up.

"What do you mean?" I scoffed, trying to understand him.

"He is on his way with your mother to make sure you have the pills after the doctors confirmed that you are fine now. I hope they also don't have the right to order you." He smiled wryly and turned to leave.

"Don't you have any idea how to prevent them from asking for my pills?! Are you gonna leave me when you are the one that..."

"I did nothing! Your mother was suspecting me, so I had to clear my name, and the only way is to show her mine and suggest they confirm others too. Why are you scared? Did you save that girl? Was she the one you saved from being raped? Your new lover?" He smirked, his eyes peeking tauntingly at me.

"You are right!" I finally surrendered. "What do you want me to do? My parents can't know I committed such a forbidden act. It is atrocious, adding that I had killed vampires in the past who had saved a werewolf. How can I face them?" My voice was low as I buried my face into my palms, sighing endlessly.

"Where is the forgotten bracelet you went back to pick? Don't tell me you gave it to her, bro?!" He huffed, and I shook my head.

"No, I can't do that! That's my most precious gift from my beloved mother. I have...." My voice hitched inside my throat as I raised my hand to show him the bracelet, only to find it bare. I looked around frantically, stunned.

"You didn't return with it. I had been staring at your hand since you came back and couldn't find it. You hardly take it off. What happened? Why did you give her that? What if she is a spy? That bracelet can...."

"I didn't give it to..." My voice faltered as it dawned on me that it was lost in the werewolf pack for real this time, but I was sure I was with it when I entered the hospital ward, but I couldn't actually tell if I left with it after being in a rush to prevent being seen by their Alpha.

"You didn't give it to her? Then where is it? You are endangering us!" Jake hissed, slumping in the chair beside me.

"I'll trace it and..." I couldn't complete my statement as the voice of the Alpha and Luna chatting together just a few meters outside the ward struck into my ears, reminding me of what Jake had mentioned.

"God! They are here! What am I going to do? I'm going to get caught! Fuck it!" I cursed, frustrated.

"No. You can have mine while I leave. They don't suspect you, so they won't scrutinize the pills. Just show them to her." He offered and handed his pill to me, bringing a bright smile to my face...

"Thanks bro." I thanked him, and he winked, rushing out.

That was how he saved me, but I knew it was only a matter of time before my secret would be exposed. This was a dangerous path to tread—the type that would bring disaster and death at the end. It was that type of romance that has no happy ending. I knew this, and I should stay away. The best option was to kill her and save myself from falling harder, but my powers are weak in front of her.

Her name, Selene, was like a breath of fresh air to my soul, and her pretty face was a rare sight to behold. She was a fantasy I was obsessed with. An obsession that was having me on chokehold.

She was a sacrifice I was ready to make, but with my witch mother and dangerous father, who had lost their parents, brother, and friends to the attack of the werewolves, being with her was going to be hell and a dead end.

They will kill her, or I might end up being killed by her people. It was a very dangerous path.

*********

"Where are we going?" I snapped at Jake as he took me further into the forest. Just a few minutes after I was discharged from the hospital, he came and told me there was a very important place we had to go, and it was almost nightfall.

"I am taking you to the person who will help you forget about that wolf girl. He is the most powerful shaman with a lot of connections with ancient magic." He replied, and I shrugged.

"I hope it works."

After a long walk, we finally arrived at the abandoned thatched house with an otherworldly and magical aura and fog and smoke rising from both sides.

He knocked three times on the wooden door that looked so old with rusty nails, and it opened by itself. We were faced with an old man dressed in a bloody red robe and sitting on a mat. The room was filled with a lot of eerie carved images I don't know how to explain, with candles on the walls as sources of light.

As we sat on the other mat in front of him, he smiled, looking at me.

"What?" I frowned.

"I know why you both are here. I can help you forget about her." He began without us saying anything. I guess Jake wasn't wrong about his magic powers after all.

"What should I do? How are you going to do it?" I asked bluntly, wiping my nose as the incense in the room was making me uncomfortable, unlike Jake, who seemed like he was even enjoying it.

"Using this magic-crafted knife to stab her two eyes. She will go blind, and that is how your love for her will become dark and good, and everything about her will fade from your life." He relayed, his gruffy voice ringing in my head like a bell as I glared at him, wondering if he was joking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 11.8K 23
All She wanted was a fresh start for her and her 2 children after the death of her husband. All He wanted was to do right by his pack and prepare hi...
951K 29.5K 29
He startled me when his hands gripped my hips pulling me into his body, my hands resting on his warm chest. I looked up to find him staring at me, bu...
15K 951 98
Selene Berklin is obsessed with wolves. She is curious about how a pack survives and how tight the relationship between wolves is. Wolves are all she...
114K 4.2K 39
He's a strong Alpha whose mother left him and his father when he was young, so he doesn't believe in love. She's the beloved and obedient sister of...