The Heir

By jlf7899

✨Book 4 in the DiSilva Series✨ Isabelle DiSilva, the very definition of a mafia princess. An absolute perfect... More

Character Aesthetic
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 - Ryan's POV
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 - Ryan's POV
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 - Ryan's POV
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 - Ryan's POV
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 - Ryan's POV
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 - Ryan's POV
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65 - Ryan's POV
Epilogue - 5 Years Later

Chapter 27 - Ryan's POV

1.3K 54 28
By jlf7899

Warning: violence

I'm gonna kill him. Really, I'm about to go fucking kill Enzo. My entire body is shaking throughout the limo ride back to Montrose. Elle sits next to me asking a million questions but I know that if I open my mouth, nothing but curses and threats will leave it.

How could he do this? How could he possibly be so astronomically stupid? I'm not even sure that we'll be able to do damage control; clean up the fucking mess he's made.

I was in the middle of fucking some nameless debutante when I got the call. Sent him to voicemail five times before finally hearing out what Duke had to say. Duke called to fact check, as if all of the pieces are falling into place and painting a vividly criminal picture. I don't think he actually believes Enzo but I can never be too careful. I left the girl still bent over the bathroom sink to find Elle.

A sharp sting radiates across my cheek and I look at Elle incredulously. She just slapped me.

"Tell me what's going on right now," she demands.

I glance at the limo driver, "he told."

"Told what? Told who?" she pushes, shaking her head in confusion.

I sigh and run a hand down my face, "he detto a cazzo Duke chi sei."
(He told fucking Duke who you are)

"What?" she shrieks.

"Do you understand my urgency?" I huff, going back to looking out the window. The ornate iron gate comes into view and I take a deep breath. I'm going to fucking kill him.

"Why the fuck would he do that?" she exclaims.

"That's what we're about to find out," I mutter.

The limo comes to a stop right in front of Buhler. I don't wait for the driver to open the door and quickly help Elle out as well.

"Goddammit," she huffs. "I knew this was going to happen. I knew he was going to ruin fucking everything."

"Let's go," I less than gently push her forward.

It's well past curfew so there aren't many other students in the hallways. I bound up the stairs, taking them two at a time, and stop at the landing for Enzo's grade. Elle rushes ahead of me and pounds her fist on one of the doors.

The old wood swings open to reveal a surprised Enzo. My hands curl into fists at my side as Elle shoves his chest, forcing him further into his dorm room. I slam the door shut behind me, locking it closed.

"What are you doing?" Enzo scoffs. "Why are you here?"

"You fucking idiot," I mutter, moving to stand at Elle's side.

Enzo's eyebrows knit together and he opens his mouth to respond. But Elle cuts him off swiftly. She reels her hand back and punches him square in the cheek. Enzo's head whips to the side and he yelps.

"What the fuck did you tell Duke?" Elle asks through clenched teeth.

Enzo's face drops, "what are you talking about?"

I grab him by the collar of his shirt and slam his back against the wall. He winces, eyes briefly closing from the pain. I lift his feet off the ground, hands shaking.

"You told Duke," I spit out. "What the fuck did you say to him?"

"Put me down," Enzo wheezes out, clawing at my hand. I release him and he drops to the ground in a heap. He moves to stand but Elle plants her stiletoed foot on his chest, holding him down.

"Start talking, fratello," she commands.

"What did you tell him?" I reiterate for the hundredth time.

Enzo looks between us for a beat, "I told him that our family is in the mafia. That he has no idea who you really are or what you're really capable of. And I reminded him of what happens to men who hurt the women of our family."

I listen to him in horror. What the actual flying fuck was he thinking? Elle's entire body is trembling and for a moment, fear coats her features. This is it; he's fucked us.

"Why?" Elle seethes.

"I thought he'd leave you alone," Enzo grunts as Elle puts more pressure on his chest.

"I had it handled," she retorts.

"What is wrong with you?" I exclaim, shaking my head.

"Get off of me," Enzo shoves Elle's foot away and rises to his feet. He squares his shoulders and tilts his chin up. "I knew he'd leave you alone if I told him who you are. He'll be too scared to even look at you now. I was helping."

"Helping what?" I scoff.

"You fucked us!" Elle explodes. It's utterly terrifying when this happens. Her typical calm and collected self is now radiating fury.

"You shortsighted fucking asshole! You have absolutely fucked us! I worked so hard to make everything perfect, so goddamned hard, and you ruined it!"

"It's one person," Enzo rolls his eyes. "Not like anyone would believe him even if he started talking."

"That's not the fucking point!" Elle shrieks.

"What?" Enzo goads. "Was I not supposed to interfere with your little stalker? It's almost like you want that creeps attention."

There's not a single thought in my mind as I punch him in the jaw. He takes a staggered step back but lifts his fists in front of his face. He blocks another punch to the face but I just land one on his ribs instead.

He grabs his side, dropping his arms, and I punch him in the nose. Blood begins to drip down his face but I don't stop. I land hit after hit to his face, a couple to the ribs and gut as well.

The room falls apart as we fight. Chair knocked over, desk materials thrown to the floor, dents in the walls. There's blood on the floor as more and more splits appear on his face.

"Stop," Elle places her hand on my forearm.

I have Enzo pinned against his wardrobe, fist poised to strike. Tears fill her eyes and I slowly lower my arm. I keep him pinned there, however, as Elle stands at my side.

"I'm going to try and fix this," her voice has returned to its eerily calm tone. "And you are going to stay the fuck away from me. I've tried so hard to help you, Zo, but I'm done. You could not have possibly done anything worse than this."

Enzo spits blood onto the ground at her feet, "fuck off."

Elle punches him in the ribs and he groans. She steps closer and digs her manicured finger into his chest.

"I'm not afraid of having you dealt with, fratello," she threatens. "You've done the most atrocious thing that anyone in our family could ever do."

"What-"

"You broke omertà, Lorenzo," I spit out.

His eyes widen in realization, flicking between his sister and me. He could die for this; and I believe he's beginning to comprehend that fact. He could be disowned and shot dead in the street. No funeral, no mourning; just a fucking rat exterminated.

I release him and he drops to the floor. He doesn't try to get back up though, he stays sitting on the hardwood staring straight ahead. I look at Elle and quirk a brow.

"I'm going to clean up your fucking mess," Elle huffs. "Count your blessings, Enzo. I hold your life in the palm of my hands, now."

I turn and storm out of his room. If I stay any longer I really might kill him. Fuck orders, fuck the chain of command; I want to kill the Don's only son. But I'm not that stupid. So I wait in the hallway, still shaking. I need a fucking smoke.

Elle strides into the hallway moments later, slamming the door shut behind her. She's still trembling and I can see the tears threatening to spill.

I take her hand and lead her back downstairs, through the maintenance door, and outside. She runs her hand down her face as we walk towards the lake. I pull out a cigarette and light it.

"Stai bene?" I hesitantly ask.
(Are you okay?)

A choked sob leaves her lips and I quickly wrap her up in my arms. Elle cries into my chest, arms snaking around my waist. I keep her held tight, my one hand rubbing up and down her back. She doesn't cry often, she isn't pushed to her breaking point easily, so this right here. This is a big fucking deal.

"It's okay," I whisper reassuringly. "We've got this. It's going to be okay."

"I can't do this anymore," she chokes out.

"What are you talking about?"

"I can't keep living two separate lives," she sobs. "I can't do it. Not when I have to keep track of my brother. Not when he's already pulled the string."

I just hold her a little tighter. She's right; he's pulled the string that threatens to unravel the years of well thought out lies that Elle has used to create the perfect life here. To balance two lives, like both of us have to, is stressful enough as it is. But for Enzo to threaten the very fabric that holds it all together, I guess that's her breaking point.

"It's okay," I whisper. "I've got you. I've always got you."

"It would be so much easier if he was just dead," she croaks. I stop rubbing her back and lean back to look over her face.

"You don't mean that."

"I know exactly what I'm saying," she counters quickly.

I nod slowly before releasing her from the embrace. I take a long drag of my cigarette as I watch her compose herself. I really should tell Rocco about this; I am still in training after all.

But I also know that him and Luca would pull us from the school immediately. Probably make us go back to America and their shitty education system. Clearly that's not what either of us want which means we have to deal with this ourselves.

"I'll talk to Duke tomorrow," I finally offer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 4.1K 56
My name is Roxanne Knight, I was born into the Italian Mafia and was destined to be the best female assassin. But life takes its mysterious ways and...
410K 5.4K 18
~ A Mafia Romance ~ ISABELLA - A sweet but dangerous girl, daughter of the Spanish Mafia leader. Treated as nothing but a princess, she dreams of bec...
3.7M 92.8K 51
DO NOT READ!!Undergoing editing When Scarlett Hayes gets dragged to the most known and famous club in New York by her best friend Jada,what are the o...