Naruto Uchiha: the dragon emp...

By SithTrooperO9

A rewrite of my first fanfic. Decided for a rewrite as there were too many grammer mistakes, power scaling is... More

Prologue
A visit from the west
Night of the Uchiha Massacre
Summons and discoveries
A plague
Graduation and team 7
Team 7 and the mission to Wave
Mission to Wave
Missions for team 7
The chunin exams
The forest of death
Preliminaries
Chunin finals
Dragon vs racoon
Konoha crush
Promotions and development
Search for Tsunade
Land of Snow
Sasuke retrival mission
Blood Prison
Blood Prison part 2
The War in Mist
Consolidating power
Journey to the west
Battle against the Sathar'i
War of Unification part 1: declaration
War of Unification part 2: seven days to the river Kresh
War of Unification part 3: Carathian campaign
War of Unification part 4: fall of Decapolis
War of Unification part 5: state of the world
War of Unification part 6: northern campaign
War of Unification part 7: assassination attempt
War of Unification part 8: war's end
The new emperor
Return home
Vs Deidara and Sasori
Reunions
Battle in a desolate forest
Fated battle between clansmen
The truth of Itachi Uchiha
8 tails capture
5 kage summit
Danzo's death and student vs teacher
The relics of the king
Demons of the ancient world
March of the Daevites
Operation: Sea Lion
The Battle of Stone
Blackfyre victories
Uchiha vs Uchiha
Death of a snake
The alternate world
The alternate world part 2
Clash of gods
10 tails jinchuriki
Kaguya Otsutsuki strikes
Showdown: Naruto vs Menma

Mission to Wave part 2

2K 38 1
By SithTrooperO9

''Damn that brat. He's tougher than I could've imagined. You arrived just in time, Haku.'' Zabuza said to his apprentice.

''No problem, master Zabuza.'' Haku replied.

''That brat... he's an Uchiha. I got cocky since he's younger than you, Haku, but his mastery over fire is on par with Mei Terumi, possibly even more. I'll have to be extra prepared for him.'' Zabuza muttered a bit angry at his humiliating defeat. While true that he underestimated Naruto, he needed to plan as he still didn't know just how strong Naruto was. Add to the fact that he's an Uchiha with an unknown sword, that makes him even more dangerous.

''Do you think I can beat him, master Zabuza?'' Haku asked.

''I trained you well, Haku, but truth be told... I think the brat's fire style can melt your ice. He made my water clones, bullets and even dragon evaporate almost immediately. If you do face him, make sure you act quickly and subdue him. With Kakashi, I can make preparations but the kid's fire jutsu alone makes him deadlier than you. So be careful.''

''I understand.''

''Oh. And do not look in his eyes. Uchiha are masters of genjutsu and they will instantly win if you are caught in one. Subdue him and take his sword. It may prove to be useful.'' Zabuza ordered and Haku took him to their hideout.
______________________________________

    -Tazuna's house, Wave Country-

''Is that your house, mr.Tazuna?'' Sakura asked.

''Yeah. Come on in.'' Tazuna answered and they got inside. Tsunami, the daughter of Tazuna greeted them.

''Father, you've returned.'' Tsunami said then saw the kids and unconscious man with them. ''Is he okay?''

''Just exhausted. That's what you said right, kid?'' Tazuna asked Naruto who was more or else the de facto leader.

''Of course. He'll be up and running in a few hours.'' Naruto said as Kakashi was laid down to rest.

''They're the ninja I hired, Tsunami. With them here, Gato's reign is finished.'' Tazuna reassured his daughter. ''You should see them in action. This kid here just defeated a guy who could weild a giant sword like nothing.'' Tazuna praised Naruto and made Sasuke a bit jealous.

''Thank you. For protecting my father.'' Tsunami said to Naruto.

''Just doing my duties, miss.'' Naruto replied.

''Grandpa! You're back!'' a young boy came in to hug Tazuna. Inari was the name if Naruto remembered correctly from Tazuna's explanation. ''Who are these people, grandpa?''

''Inari, they are the ninja I hired. With their help, Gato will be gone in no time.'' Tazuna said and this upsetted Inari a bit.

''Why do they bother? They'll all just die.'' Inari said with a huff and went away.

''Well that's rude. What's his problem?'' Sakura asked Tazuna and Tsunami.

''Forgive my son. He's been... through a lot.'' Tsunami answered.

'Perhaps he's suffering from trauma and trying to live with it.' Naruto deduced but couldn't confirm. The team waited till Kakashi got up and the white haired jonin decided to train his team.

(outside near the lake)

''So, we'll start by tree climbing exercise.'' Kakashi said to his genin students.

''But Kakashi sensei, we can already climb.'' Sakura said and Naruto decided to show their teacher's meaning to her.

''Yes but can you walk?'' Naruto asked and walked up the tree. Sasuke and Sakura were amazed and so was little Inari who was hiding behind a barrel, watching the ninjas. Naruto jumped down to his teammates with a smug expression, igniting their desire to catch up.

''You already know the water walking exercise so is it okay I focus on both of them, Naruto?'' Kakashi asked the Uchiha nodded. ''Say, Naruto, can I ask you about the sword? You know, your mother was a close friend of mine during the war and I once saw her use that same sword. Care to tell me a few things?''

''Since you are my teacher, I guess I have no choice but to tell. What are you questions, sensei?''

''Well, the name and it's power. Just that.'' Kakashi said.

''The name of my sword is the Narada or sword of the dark singer. It's practically indestructible, can cut through anything, has a lethal poison, makes genjutsu ineffective, can absorb chakra and releases a terrible music that has only been described as the music of hell.'' Naruto answered. ''And I'm not giving it to anyone, sensei. I mean no disrespect but the sword obeys me and me alone.''

'Damn. With all these abilities, it's insanely overpowered. It's like combining the Kusanagi and Shark Skin sword and adding more abilities' Kakashi thought upon hearing the sword's powers and abilities. ''Don't worry, Naruto. I wouldn't think of it. A ninja's personal weapon is his own.''

''Thanks, sensei. If you don't mind, I'll train over there.'' Naruto said and walked to the lake to practice his techniques. Naruto was practising his water jutsus when he sensed Inari. ''Can I help you, Inari?'' said boy was a bit nervous to come forward. ''It's okay. I won't hurt you. I don't mind people watching me practice.'' Naruto said though his thoughts were more on the lines of, 'unless you are someone who is spying on me for Kushina or any other person. Then I would be angry.

''That water dragon... it was so cool.'' Inari mumbled. ''Maybe you can beat Gato.''

''Thanks for the vote of confidence, Inari. Gato has nothing except his thugs and money. He hires other ninja but they were taken care of. We will complete our mission and save your country. That's a promise.'' Naruto reassured the kid. ''You lost someone important, didn't you?''

''Y-yes. He was like a father to me.'' Inari answered.

''I understand how you feel. Truly, I do.'' Naruto said.

''Did you lose someone important to you too?''

''My older brother and my entire clan when I was 7 years old. My mother just months after I was born. I lost many people I cared about, Inari. Tragedy is no stranger to me. However, as wise men say, we can't always be chained by our past. Death is a natural part of life and we must learn to live even without those closest to us. I... I know that was sad and depressing but that's just my way of thinking. I'm sorry if I'm bringing up bad memories.'' Naruto said and looked at Inari. ''Tell me, Inari, why do you think Gato is powerful?''

''W-what?''

''No, I'm just curious to hear your opinion. What makes a man powerful? For a ninja, it is his skills and strength in ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu and knowledge. For a ruler, their land and army. For politicians, their influence, intellect and money. Gato is powerful because of his wealth, he rules like a tyrant but eventually, all tyrants fall. The tighter he grips this place, more people will get angrier till they will rise up. Leaders remain powerful as long as the people are contend but when they are not, well the leader is as vulnerable as any ordinary person. They will be overthrown eventually. The people just need to turn to a true leader and I'm here teaching you philosophy beyond your age. Sorry if it's boring.''

''Is it true? Can all leaders like Gato be overthrown?''

''Yes. Happens all the time. Power resides where men believe it resides. In the money, influence, strength and sword. It's just a trick of war. Gato has executed people but did he do the deed? No, it was done by someone else on his orders but people say he killed that man/woman. People, mercenaries sell themselves to the highest bidder and the ordinary people believe in the man whom these mercenaries pledged their services to. The people of Wave believe Gato is powerful because of his wealth and iron fisted intimidation. People fear the kage of a ninja village because he is the strongest and the daimyo because he is the ruler. If the leader loses power, the people will turn on him. When the leader loses his grip, the system will cannibalise itself. Trust me, Inari, when I say that Gato's end is nigh.'' Naruto told the boy. 

''I-I understand.''

''Come now, Inari. Want to learn some knife techniques for basic self defense?'' Naruto asked and Inari's eyes lit up.
______________________________________

             -nearly dawn in Wave-

Night came over the land and they had dinner. Naruto and Inari bonded closer with one another to the point that Inari referred to the Uchiha as 'big brother'. Naruto had opted for the night watch. He did this to learn more about Wave, Gato's stronghold and possibly even locate Zabuza's hideout. Naruto slept while sending shadow clones and specialized dragon scout summons to gather information. When he got up, he had everything he wanted to know except Zabuza's hideout. ''Good job, Laserbeak. You did me proud.'' Naruto told his dragon, giving him bread and he sensed a presence. He masked his presence to see who it was.

It was a girl, a few years older than him. Upon closer examination, Naruto believed her power to be mid chunin levels and he sensed Zabuza's chakra on her. Perhaps she was the apprentice the demon brothers referred to. Naruto watched closely as the girl picked up herbs in a basket. 'Undoubtedly someone who knows her medical knowledge.' Naruto thought, analyzing the girl and followed her back to her hideout, leaving a shadow clone to take his place back in the forest.

Naruto followed the girl to a base and he saw her patching up Zabuza's wounds. ''Laserbeak, put up the invisible cloak.'' Naruto said and Laserbeak did so. His dragon was the offspring between father Bahamut and a female ghost dragon. Ghost dragons has the special ability to turn themselves and others invisible, to the point of masking chakra. This was how Naruto evaded detection from Kakashi and several ninjas before. He even tested it to see if it would work on the Hyuga clan's byakugan and surprisingly, it did. Now, Naruto used it to sneak into Zabuza's hideout.

'Zabuza's apprentice is strong, at least by her chakra. If I cannot convince her to join me, I have my methods.' Naruto thought as he added a specialised paralysis seal on the medicine Haku made. Haku didn't notice his movements as Naruto was hidden and he moved when she went to take other ingredients. Naruto added the poison that would be activated on his command and left as quickly as he entered.
______________________________________

-streets of Wave-

Naruto decided chaos reigned and wanted to cause some disorder. He went inside one of Gato's bases where his men chained the young women of Wave to be used for sexual relief. ''Hey, what are you- AAAH!'' a thug screamed as Naruto threw several kunai, killing the thug instantly. Naruto moved quickly and knocked several more unconscious. He saw a man fleeing then he moved and kicked him hard on a door. Naruto had kicked the man so hard that the iron door was broken.

Naruto saw all the chained up women, at least thirty or so and freed them. It wasn't all good for the women however as Naruto used a genjutsu to mind control them. ''Take them outside to the forest.'' Naruto ordered and the women did his work for him. They dragged the unconscious thugs to the forest and Naruto was atop one of the women, being carried to the forest.

''Wakey wakey.'' Naruto said, waking all the unconscious men from their sleep. ''I don't like small talk so I'll just be frank. Genjutsu: sharingan.'' Naruto mind controlled all of them and now, he could ask questions regarding Gato that he needed to know. After that, he discarded them. ''You can have your... payback.'' Naruto said to the women under his genjutsu and they brutally beated up the men who abused them for months.

Naruto returned to Tazuna's place and waited till night. Come nightfall, he made a shadow clone and snuck out of the house to Gato's stronghold. ''Not too many guards, just basic security. Nothing to worry about. Still, I don't like wasting my strength on useless cannon fodder so I'll just do a little dirty trick.'' Naruto then turned to his Inuzuka control seal and got confirmation that everyone in the clan was sleeping. He needed only one of them however. ''Summoning: Tsume Inuzuka.'' Naruto summoned the clan matriarch and she stood, silent and obediant, before him. ''Tsume, I have need of you.''

Inside Gato's office were Gato along with his three guards. Naruto was with Tsume hiding in the roof and Naruto activated a silencing seal. Then, by his mental command, Tsume jumped down. One of the guards, intrigued by Tsume, tried to touch her but had his arm twisted and then neck slit. Tsume moved in a quick speed and killed Gato's guard while holding the businessman hostage. Naruto clapped his hands and came down, Tsume pinning Gato on the table before him.

''Wait! Please! Spare me! I'll give you anything you want. Land, money, women, you just name it and it's yours.'' Gato pleaded for his life and Naruto chuckled darkly.

''Oh I'm certain you can give me all I want, Gato. Genjutsu: sharingan.'' Naruto then controlled Gato and ordered him to sign a will stating that Naruto will become the heir to the business if he were to die. Naruto did this in order to gain wealth, political influence and long time gains. After that, he ordered Tsume to dispose of the corpses and left the place.

''Did a loyal servant like myself please my master?'' Tsume asked.

''Yes you did. Now, return home, Tsume. I have no use for you currently.'' Naruto then used the reverse summoning to sent Tsume back home and he headed to Tazuna's house.
______________________________________

                      -the next day-

''Leave my mom alone!'' Inari shouted as two thugs were dragging Tsunami out of the house. Naruto was away getting supplies while the other members of Team 7 were on the bridge protecting his grandfather. One of the thugs bitch slapped Inari hard across the face and Inari remembered the kunai Naruto had given him. In rage, Inari stabbed the thug that slapped him in the back. The thug fell to his knees and Inari mercilessly stabbed him to death multiple times. ''Leave my mom alone!''

''You bastard! I'll kill you!'' the other thug shouted, drawing his sword but was stabbed in the back by Naruto.

''Not if I killed you first.'' Naruto said and dropped the corpse down. ''Get to safety, you two. I need to reinforce them on the bridge. In the meantime, get to safety.'' Naruto told them and went to the bridge.

(at the bridge)

Sakura was guarding Tazuna, Kakashi fighting Zabuza and Sasuke fighting Haku. The situation seemed bleak for them as the heavy mist shrouded their vision. ''As much as I enjoyed the fight, Kakashi,'' said Zabuza, ''it's time to get paid.'' Zabuza then came behind Sakura. Two sounds echoed through the mist. First was Sakura's loud screams of fear and the second was a clank of metal. ''What the- you brat!'' Zabuza said as he saw Naruto block the sword swing.

Kakashi came to attack Zabuza and a powerful wind jutsu blew away most of the mist. ''Naruto, I'll handle Zabuza. Go help Sasuke.'' Kakashi ordered and Naruto nodded. Naruto found it weird how Sakura instantly disappeared then heard short screaming noises. It was obvious what had happened. Sasuke used the Haruno as a meat shield. Naruto instantly jumped in to take down Haku.

When he got inside, his theory on Sakura being a meat shield was confirmed. Sasuke was down like a sack of potatoes and he was left standing. ''First time you've seen your comrades die?'' Haku asked Naruto.

''They're not dead, just unconscious. Apparently for the apprentice of the famous Zabuza Momochi, you are soft.'' Naruto replied back.

''What- how did you-''

''The sharingan, my dear. I'm afraid this is where you meet your end.''

''We'll see about that.'' Haku said, throwing senbon needles of ice but a dark blue, ominous chakra enveloped Naruto, protecting him. Haku was stupefied. This has never happened before. Then Naruto shot a fire dragon and true to Zabuza's words, the ice was melting. Naruto made a wind gust and the ice dome exploded, sending Haku flying out.

''I told you you were finished.'' Naruto whispered to her ears then knocked her unconscious and sealed her in a scroll. He had uses for her elsewhere. Naruto saw Zabuza a good distance away from Kakashi and activated the paralysis seals. Naruto quickly moved to kill Zabuza but Kakashi was closer and stabbed the Mist nin with a lightning jutsu. ''Oh.''

''Disappointed I got to him first, Naruto?'' Kakashi asked.

''Well, you were faster than me so I can't really complain.'' Naruto said, admitting his defeat at not being quick enough.

''Well, wasn't Zabuza useless.'' came the boastful voice of Gato. ''Whoever kills these guys and Tazuna get a bonus. Get them boys!'' Gato said and about a hundred thugs charged at the two.

''Mere trash.'' Naruto muttered and shot out a fireball that burned half of them to death. Naruto moved in and started cutting them down till he beheaded Gato's head from his pathetic body.

''This is it, Gato! Your reign of evil is... over?'' Inari came with a mob of Wave villagers only to see Naruto having already killed Gato.

''Hey, Inari. Umm... like the present?''
______________________________________

The bridge was complete and Team 7 prepared to return home. Kakashi had given Sasuke a stern and harsh lecture about friendship and the value of comrades but the Uchiha cared less. Sakura also didn't seem to mind the whole being used a meat shield thing apparently. The bridge was named 'the Great Naruto Bridge' in honor of the Uchiha and Team 7 left to return home.
______________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 7.4K 47
Rin Uzumaki-Namikaze was Kushina and Minato's sole daughter. A prodigy at a young age, she learned and mastered all the jutsus and seals her parents...
34.5K 1.2K 25
DISCLAIMER -> TAKE THE FANFIC LIGHTLY ! writing this after a year (?) or two. THIS IS my first fanfiction, i never post my stuff but since i wrote th...
245K 8.5K 27
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
739K 27.3K 37
"You know, the thing about failure is that it only makes me want to try harder." . . Minato and Kushina survived the Kyuubi...