Uta's Idol.

By TanijiroOdd

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!! PLEASE DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'RE READY FOR SPOILERS REGARDING ONE PIECE FILM RED OR ANY F... More

I'm Uta.
Luffy and Uta.
Pirate Training.
Bink's Sake.
First Disaster.
Our Dreams and a New Genesis.
A Tour Before Departure.
I'll Get Stronger! Uta Starts Training.
The Power Of Observation Haki.
Elegia: The Island of Music
Concert Of A Lifetime.
Demon's Awakening.
Disownment.
Uta And The Five Stages.
The Sing Sing Fruit's Secret, the History of Tot Musica.
Uta's First Concert.
A Family Reunion.
Uta vs The Gale Pirates.
Uta Makes Her First Single.
'Diva' Red And The Ones Who'll Support Her.
Q&A Chapter!
A Change In The World.
Traveling Across The East Blue.
Return to Windmill Village.
The Rising Star of the East Blue 'Straw Hat' Luffy!
I'M THE MAN WHO'LL BECOME THE PIRATE KING!
It's BACKLIGHT!
Uta and the Grand Line.
Q&A Chapter + OC Profiles!
Uta And Ace.
'Fire Fist' Ace vs 'Diva' Red.
Until Next Time!
Welcome To The Caledon Kingdom.
'Massacre Dancer' Rave.
All, But A Fleeting Lullaby.
Across The World.
Concert At Sabaody.
Uta's Date at Sabaody Park?
Save The Mermaid, Camie!
Q&A Chapter + Fun Facts!
Pandemonium In The Auction House!
Section Leaders Take Action!
Cruel Separation.
Ace's Fate And Truths Unfolded.
Countdown Towards The War Of The Best.
Witnessing The War Of The Best.
Death And Despair.
Save Luffy! Rayleigh and Uta Depart.
We're Finally Reunited.
My Message.
Return To Marineford. (1 year Anniversary! Please Read 'Thank You' Comment!)
Q&A Chapter + Fanart Gallery!
Learning The Way of Haki In The Island of Rusukaina.
A Spar Ten Years In The Making. Uta vs Luffy!
You're My Idol, Now and Forever.
Last Day On Rusukainu.
The Volour Family.
Returning to Elegia.
Man of Science, Dr. Vegapunk.
'Diva' Red the Live Streamer.
The Sing Sing Fruit's Dark Secret.
Tension In Elegia.
Uta vs Abell! A Battle for Leadership.
Uta's Plan. Revive The Demon King of Songs!
The Dark Summoning.
Demon's Reawakening.
The Power Of The 'Demon King of Songs'.
'Demonic Diva' Uta Musica.

Silvers Raleigh, The Straw Hat Pirates, And Uta.

1.5K 38 9
By TanijiroOdd

After the chaos from the previous chapter, it's time for something more subtle. Or will it? History of Raleigh and Uta will be revealed and more interaction between Uta and the Straw Hats will Read to find out! Prepare for a long chapter. I don't own One Piece.

"As I expected. No answer."

"I just hope Uta is keeping a low profile."

"Yeah. I'm also worried about the mermaid. I hope they get to her in time."

Sitting on a park bench eating ice cream, is Abell and Pitch. After they finished putting the stage away the Section Leaders split to enjoy their down time. Gordon went out to the shopping district while the girls went to the amusement park. Not too long ago, Abell got a call from Uta regarding Camie's kidnapping and after waiting a bit, she decided to call her again. No surprise to Abell, Uta was not picking up.

"What concerns me is the sudden disappearance of the crowd." Pitch said as she licks her ice cream. "We were buying ice cream not three minutes ago and the place was crowded. No look at it."

Abell nods as she scans the amusement park. Aside from some individuals who were on some rides and attractions, the population has pretty much vanished. The two women had never been to an amusement park, but even they knew that something like this is nothing out of the ordinary. Abell decides not to worry about it too much as she doubts it has anything to do with Uta and continues to enjoy her ice cream. Suddenly, the duo sees a small group of marine soldiers run by talking nervously.

"Did you hear what happened in Grove 1?"

"Of course I did! Those pirates are insane!"

"Do they think they can attack a Celestial Dragon and get away with it?"

"Who's coming with the battleship?"

"I heard it's Kizaru. Not only that, but they're bringing 'them' as well."

"You're kidding! Are they even ready?"

"Only one way to find out."

Attack a Celestial Dragon? Marine Admiral? What's going on?

The conversation was concerning Abell. If things get too hairy, they would have to find Uta and bring her back by force since Abell doubts Uta would join willingly. Finding her is easier said than done as the only lead Abell has is that she went to an auction house. Gordon would be first to pick up since she at least knows where he is. Not only that, but she's concerned about Rave's whereabouts as she went off on her own right after the handshake event was finished.

For now, let me enjoy my ice cream.

"Apparently. it was the Straw Hat Pirates who were the main culprits."

Eh?

"Yeah, reports say that 'Straw Hat' Luffy was the one who assaulted Saint Charlos."

"Hey, you guys! Enough talking! Let's move to Grove 1 already!"

"Yes sir!"

Abell sat on the bench quietly after overhearing the conversation.

"I guess the rescue mission didn't go off as planned." Pitch said as she swallows down the ice cream, cone and all, down her throat. "Wonder what went wrong?"

"The most likable situation was that Camie was already sold as a slave and Luffy fought back in retaliation to save her." Abell said as she calmly licked her ice cream. "Luffy wouldn't pick a fight with a World Noble for no reason knowing that an Admiral would be on his ass."

"At any rate, we have an idea of where we should go." Pitch said as she stood up to stretch. "And here I was hoping to enjoy the amusement park more."

"I wouldn't be too concerned." Abell said after finishing her ice cream. "After all, if she and Luffy are together, I doubt there would be any opponent who wouldn't have trouble against them. Still, better hurry before an admiral gets to them first."

~Auction House in Grove 1...

With three members of the Worst Generation, Eustass 'Captain' Kid, 'Surgeon of Death' Trafalgar Law, and 'Straw Hat' Monkey D. Luffy, keeping the marines busy, everyone else prepares to go escape. Currently, the ones who are planning to leave are the respective pirate crews of the captains, Uta, Hatchan, Camie, Pappagu, and Rayleigh. As everyone prepares to leave, the sound of screaming and gunfire can be heard. Uta can tell that the fight would be extremely one sided.

Man, I want to fight too, but that would be too risky. Uta thought as she adjusted her glasses and hat.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking..."

Uta looks to the side to see Nami twiddling her fingers in nervousness. It seems that ever since she found out Uta's identity as Red, the navigator has become quite finicky.

"What is it?" Uta asks.

"Will you be coming with us to Grove 13?" Nami asks nervously.

"Planning on it." Uta answers. "I want to make sure you guys are all safe."

"Can I get a signature from you?" Nami asks.

"Of course." Uta said smiling. "A friend of Luffy's is a friend of mine too."

All of the sudden, the entire room began to rumble causing everyone to stop. Then, Zoro's swords popped out of their sheaths and we're about to fly out, but the swordsman catches them.

"Hey! What's going on?" Zoro asks.

It didn't take long before the weapons on the ground began to clatter on their own and eventually, every blade and gun inside the auction house began to levitate. After hovering in the air for a while, all the weapons fly towards the open door which leads outside. Several members of the crew, such as Brook and Usopp, had to dodge and duck the weapons while others, like Sanji and Uta, knocked them back.

"Who the hell is doing this crap?" Sanji asks as he kicks away an incoming lance.

"They're flying!" Brook screams as he dodges several incoming blades.

An incoming blade flies towards Camie and Pappagu, but Uta catches it before it gets close to them.

"Thank you, Red." Camie thanks as she breathes a sigh of relief.

"Sure." Uta grunts as she tosses the sword away.

The sword swivels around and flies back towards Uta, like a boomerang, but this time, Uta didn't hesitate to slap the blade into the ground.

"This has to be the work of someone's devil fruit powers." Uta said. "I'm going to assume it's from one of those captains."

"Your right." said the blond man in the mask. "That's Kid's ability. This must mean that fight's getting good."

Everyone begins to walk out the auction house to see what's in store for them and to hopefully get away safely. Just as the group was about to step outside, a loud explosion was heard which was followed by a giant spray of dust. Once everyone got into the sunlight, the dust finally began to settle and it was to everyone's surprise that more than half of the marines surrounding the auction house were wiped out. It didn't take long before on of the trees topple signaling the end of the three captain's

"Hey! What happened all of the sudden?" Zoro asks.

"The other two are devil fruit users too." Sanji noted.

"What a sight! I can't believe my eyes!" Brook said, shocked. "And I don't even have eyes!"

"Looks like the captain has gone overboard again." sighs one of Law's crew's members. "No surprise there."

"Wahahaha! These rookies are pretty reliable!" Rayleigh laughs.

"A bit too impatient." the man in the mask comments.

"Is that Luffy?" Uta asks as she looks at a shrunken down Luffy. "Is shrinking also part of his devil fruit powers?"

Now that everyone is out in the open, the marines are now more eager than they were previously. They soon rush in blindly seemingly towards the ones who just exited the auction house.

"Seems like they're looking down on us." Uta said as she adjusted her glasses. "As a diva, I shouldn't encourage this, but should we try and bust our way through?"

"I'm down." Zoro said, drawing his swords.

"Hold on, rather than fight, shouldn't we focus on running?" Usopp suggests.

"Well, they're fighting." Uta said, pointing to the Heart and Kid pirates.

"We don't have to be like them..." Usopp said.

"You can stay here, m'lady." Sanji said walking before Uta. "Let me handle this."

"Alright then, it's probably better if I don't get too involved." Uta said, taking up Sanji's offer.

"Fight for me too!" Usopp quickly said.

"Do it yourself." the cook growls back.

Uta watches as Sanji and Zoro dashes in to join the fray. The diva's eyes glow red and so she looks behind her to see some marines pointing their guns at her and the others.

Bang! Bang!

Uta quickly gets between her and the unarmed and slaps the bullets away with her haki infused hand.

"You're quite capable." Rayleigh compliments. "Where did you learn haki?"

"Friends and family." Uta answers proudly.

"Are they here on the archipelago?" the man asks.

"Yeah, but they should be fine." Uta said. "They can all handle themselves on their own. Besides, it's not like they're going to be hunted by the marines."

"That's good." Rayleigh said.

Uta looks back to see the marines preparing to open fire once more. Uta grabs a spear that was left on the ground and twirls it around.

"I don't care if you're my biggest fan." Uta said as she glared at the marines through her sunglasses. "You shoot at me and my friends, you're going to pay. Diva Dart!"

Uta swings the spear, letting loose a small blade of air. The attack cut right through the roof and the shilling that the marines were standing on breaks apart causing them to fall inside the house. Uta looks to her side to see some other marines aiming one of their mortars at her.

"She seems to be a dangerous one!" one of the soldiers yelled. "Aim at her!"

The heavy artillery fires causing some of the members to panic. Uta twirls the spear and tosses it towards the cannonball that was coming towards them. The spear pierced through the ball of iron, causing it to explode, and into the mortar which also blew up.

"You go girl!" Nami cheers.

"So cool!" Usopp and chopper scream in shock.

"You're so strong, Red." Camie said, clapping.

"Don't use my name right now." Uta said hushing Camie. "We don't want the marines figuring out that I'm rebelling against the World Nobles."

"You got it." Nami said as she pulled out her staff. "We need to focus on getting out of here."

With that, Usopp and Chopper begin to take the offensive along with Nami. Uta was impressed with their skills as well. Chopper can apparently turn to various other forms by using some sort of food and this time, he changed into a form with huge antlers and a strong upper body. The reindeer then proceeds to mow down his opponents. Usopp is an exceptional sniper, just like his father, and relies on using a large slingshot to shoot his enemies with explosive rounds.

I would love to talk to him about Yasopp, but that would make me too suspicious. Uta told herself as she watched the group fight back.

"Hey, guys!" Luffy yells. "The Flying Fish people are going to help us escape!"

"That's a relief." Uta said. "Trying to break through all these marines by foot would be a pain."

"Franky. Old man." Zoro calls out. "You go on ahead! We'll cover you."

"You heard Roronoa." Uta said. "I'll be following behind to watch your back."

"Got it." Franky said.

The small group of Uta, Franky, Rayleigh, Hatchan, Camie, and Pappagu charge through the path that lacks marines and run towards the Flying Fish Riders. The road towards freedom wasn't easy as several marines managed to get between the escapees and the water.

"You lot won't get past us!" yells one of the soldiers as they charge forward with swords pulled out.

"You guys keep on going." Uta said as she narrowed her eyes. "I'll make a path."

Uta digs her heels into the ground and jumps forward towards the enemy. The diva kicks one of the marines in the face, knocking him out and lands on the ground. She then proceeded to punch and kick the marines away. One soldier attempted to take Uta by surprise via surprise attack, but Uta had already sensed his presence. The man tries to slice her with his battle ax, but Uta quickly catches it with her hand stopping the man's momentum.

"What?! She caught it barehanded?!"

Uta snickers as the man looks in shock. She then breaks the metal by punching it with her opposite hand and follows up with a roundhouse kick which knocks out the man.

"Don't underestimate me." Uta growls to the marines who're trying to stop her. "Make the first move. I'll just fight back if you do."

The marines hesitated for a moment, but I'm the end, they ignored Uta's warning and charged. Naturally, Uta responded by fighting back, seeing that they wouldn't surrender.

"Wahahaha!" Rayleigh laughs as he and Franky run towards the shore. "This sure gets your blood pumping, doesn't it?"

"You really are quite the lively old man." Franky comments as he follows Rayleigh. "Love your style!"

"Uta Onslaught!"

Once Uta cleared the path ahead by attacking the group of marines with a frontal attack, the group decided to make a run for it.

"Hurry up you guys!" Usopp calls to the rest of his crew. "Mystery girl made a path for us!"

"Mystery girl?!" Uta screamed angrily. "At least give me a cooler name!"

"That's what you're mad about?" Usopp asks.

"Don't let the Straw Hats get away!" yells one of the marines. "They're the main culprits!"

Usopp and Uta look back and watch as the marines begin to run towards them. Then, a low rumbling was heard and from above, several black clouds began to form. Uta turns around to see Nami waving her blue staff in the air, and figures that somehow, running would be the best idea.

"It's time for..."

Rumble...rumble...

"Thunderbolt Tempo!"

BZAP! BOOM!

The lightning strike was so strong that it almost knocked back the others. Thanks to Nami's attack, the pirates have enough time to escape via flying fish. The crewmembers take the flying fish while Franky and the others ride on the cow where the leader, Duval, is. Uta watches as the fishes dive down into the water before soaring off into the air. Unfortunately for her and the others, they would have to stick with traveling by water. It wouldn't have been too bad, but the cow is much too slow for an escape. Marines begin to pull out their guns and fire from the shoreline.

"Damn it." Uta growls as she looks behind her. "We're sitting ducks here and the marines are on our tail again."

"Can this slowpoke cow thing go any faster?" Franky asks angrily.

"Actually, this is its top speed." Duval said sadly. "Sorry."

"Looks like they're catching up to us." Rayleigh noticed.

The others look behind them to see that the marines are indeed chasing them via rowboats.

"If we don't move, they're going to be on us in no time." Franky said. 'Wait a minute..."

"Hm? You have an idea?" Uta asks.

Franky opens up his chest, shocking Uta, and he pulls out a wrench. Then he looks over to one of the bridges which were destroyed by the other pirates.

"Can you drive over to that bridge over there so I can fetch some things?" Franky asks.

"Sure thing." Duval said.

"Red, was it? Can you cover me in the meantime?"

"Of course, I can." Uta said, smiling from behind her mask. "How much time do you need?"

Once the group parks near the ruined bridge, Uta turns and faces the marines and counts to see how many there are. Then, she jumps off the cow and uses Dubstep to get closer to the marines while staying close to the water. Seeing how Uta is moving towards them, they begin to open fire on her, but the diva dodges with ease. Once she gets close enough, she jumps upwards and then unleashes a burst of her own conqueror's haki which makes all of the marines go unconscious. Seeing how she incapacitated their intruders, Uta hops back to where the others are.

"Ok, I'm baaaa..HUH?!"

Uta was shocked to see the cow completely changed. It had a steam engine, several exhausts, a dock that covered the cow's back, and a metal nose cover for the cow. Uta lands on the wooden dock, shocked at the work that has been done.

"Alright, brother, hit the gas!" Franky said.

"You got it."

The driver pushes his foot against the pedal and the cow begins to pick up pace at a speed comparable to a steam engine. In fact, they're so fast that they have caught up with the flying fish from above.

"Wahaha! Good work, son!" Rayleigh laughs. "You must be quite skilled to remodel this ship in such a short period of time with so little parts."

"I'll say." the driver agreed. "It's so fast now."

"No biggie." Franky said, wiping his brow.

"I can see why Luffy wanted someone like you on his crew." Uta said as she took off her sunglasses and pulled her mask down. "You all are so talented and unique."

As the group passes Grove 8, the driver looks a bit agitated.

"Hm, if I remember correctly, Peterman's hideout is somewhere over here." the blond man said.

"Peterman?" Uta asks. "Should that guy matter to us?"

"That's the name of the man who kidnapped Camie." Duval said.

Uta's eyes narrow and her anger flares up.

"Mind if we make a stop?" Duval asks.

"Please do." Uta growls. "I need to give that man a good beating.

Seeing as they were in the clear, Duval parks his cow somewhere secluded and together, he and Uta walk up the hideout where Camie's kidnapper is. They busted down the front door and eventually saw the man. Peterman recognized Uta and was about to call her out, but the diva moved in and pummeled the man before he got a chance to even utter a single word. Duval then grabs Camie's backpack for which was still in Peterman's possession and the duo walk out satisfied. It took about a minute for them to get their task done. Once they got back Uta hands Camie's backpack for which she thanks and accepts gratefully. Then, they proceeded to head over to the meeting place. Soon enough, they met back at Grove 13 where Rayleigh wanted to stop. Once everyone was back together, the Flying Fish Riders, which is now called the Rosy Life Riders, said they're goodbye before letting the pirates know that they can always ask for their aid once they leave for Fishman Island.

"Alright, here we are." Rayleigh said, pointing up to a large stone building. "Let's hurry and go inside."

"Sounds good." Chopper said. "I need to get Hatchi to a bed."

The group quickly climbed the stairs and reached the front door on what is called 'Shakky's Rip-off Bar'. Uta looks at the place disgusted as the sign itself seems fishy, but Luffy and some of the others seem to know this place and the old man lives there, so it can't be that bad.

"Shakky! Are you in there?" Rayleigh yells. "I'm home!"

The door opens and a beautiful woman with short black hair holding a cigarette reveals herself to them.

"Ray, I didn't expect you to be home so fast." Shakky said in a calm tone. "Or rather, I didn't expect them to find you so fast."

"Hatchi's got injured in our escape over here." Rayleigh said quickly. "Do you have a bed for him?"

The woman's calm expression changed once she noticed Hatchan's conditions.

"That looks terrible, hold on, come on in and I'll put something together for him." Shakky said.

Everyone enters the bar and the owner flips the sign over so it reads 'closed'. Once everyone gets settled in, Shakky walks upstairs to grab some bedding material.

"It's been bothering me for a while, but is it ok for you to be here with us?" Zoro asks Uta.

"Huh? Are you going to kick a lady out?" Sanji asks angrily.

"How dare you talk like that to Red!" Nami furiously said.

"She's our friend! Of course she can stay!" Luffy yells.

"Hold on, guys." Uta said, waving her hands. "When you say that, I assume you're talking about my reputation as a diva?"

"It would be pretty bad if someone saw you with us." Zoro said.

"It's fine." Uta said, sitting down. "To be honest, I'm not going to have a better chance than this."

"Hm? What do you mean?" Luffy asks.

Uta looks at Sanji and Zoro before nodding.

"You two were there." Uta said. "Back in Loguetown when Luffy was about to be killed by the guy."

"Huh? You were there?" Sanji asks.

"Yeah. She tried to help me get out of there too." Luffy nods.

"You see, I wanted to meet you guys for a long time." Uta said as she fiddled with her bracelet. "After meeting with Luffy, I just wanted to know what his crew was like. Although, I didn't expect to meet you guys in this type of scenario."

"What do you expect from Luffy?" Nami asks with a heavy sigh.

"Nothing less." Uta laughs. "I may not look like it, but I'm quite a fan of pirates."

"Did you know all of us, even before we went to the concert?" Chopper asks.

"With the exception of Brook." Uta answers. "Like I said, I'm a big fan."

"Your fun too." Luffy said smiling. "Having you at the amusement park was fun."

Uta laughs with embarrassment causing notice to some of the other members. Sanji and Nami run up and grab Luffy by the collar shaking and cursing at him with jealousy.

"How did you go on an amusement park date with such a beauty?!" Sanji screams angrily.

"You went to Red's concert and didn't tell me?" Nami asks just as mad.

Uta couldn't really tell what the crew members were arguing about, but Uta could tell that there was some miscommunication regarding what the cook was getting mad about.

"I'm glad to see that Luffy's crew is full of fun and strong people." Uta praises. "You all were so impressed back at the auction house."

"Ah, you're making me blush." everyone but Zoro said happily.

"Why do you like pirates so much?" Zoro asks. "Pretty strange for a world class diva to have such an interest."

"That's a secret." Uta said, putting a finger to her mouth. "I only respect great pirates and your captain has earned mine. He earned it for a very long time."

"Is liking pirates the reason why you're tough as nails?" Zoro asks.

"You ask a lot of questions." Uta notices. "Let's just say that I want to become strong and so I'm continuously training to do so."

"Ok. That's enough questions from me." Zoro said satisfied.

"Anyways, I can't believe a world class diva knows us." Usopp said.

"You guys shouldn't be that surprised to be honest." Uta said. "After all, most of your crew is wanted by the World Government and so it would be strange if people didn't know who you were."

"She's got a point." Sanji said, taking a smoke break. "After we broke into Enies Lobbies, the whole world knows who we are."

"Still, it surprises me to see a diva intrigued with pirates." Rayleigh said as helps Hatchan sit down. "It's a dangerous hobby."

"It's fine." Uta said. "Only my closest friends and you guys know of it. I wouldn't go speaking about this information publicly. However, it's no secret that I accept criminals as fans. After all, everyone has the right to listen to me sing."

"I see, so that's how it is. Very noble of you." Rayleigh said as he went behind the counter to grab a kettle and a bag of tea. "Anyways, would any of you guys like some tea?"

Some individuals said 'yes' and so Rayleigh proceeded to brew the tea. Once everyone who wanted tea received their cup, Shakky came back with a cot and some blankets. With the aid of Chopper and Uta, they set up the cot and laid Hatchan on it. Shakky then proceeded to serve some food as well.

"Anyways, mind telling us who you really are, old man?" Uta asks as she sips her tea. "Everything about you just screams mysterious. What that pirate said before as well..."

"Didn't you also want to meet me?" Luffy asks as he stuffs food in his mouth.

"Well, where to start?" Rayleigh asks himself as he pours himself a drink. "I guess, I really didn't introduce myself properly, did I? Well, the reason why those pirates recognized me is probably because I was a member of the crew led by the King of the Pirates."

"EHHH?! You were on the Pirate King's ship?" Luffy asked, shocked.

"Indeed, I was." Rayleigh said. "I was the Vice Captain of that ship. My name is Silvers Rayleigh, nice to meet you all."

"VICE CAPTAIN?!" Everyone screams in shock.

Usopp was so shocked that he spit his tea in the air.

"You didn't tell them Hatchi?" Shakky asks.

"Well, we just needed him for the coating." Hatchan said. "Didn't really think about it."

"You guys didn't notice?" Robin asks.

"Not his face, but I know his name!" Usopp cries.

"He's in so many books!" Nami cries. "He's legendary!"

"It's definitely a name that you have at least heard once." Sanji said.

"Your name answers so many of my questions." Uta said, stunned. "I would never have guessed that someone of your caliber would be here."

"Gold Roger...I seem to remember a rookie by that name." Brook mutters as he eats some beans. "Although, I can't say for sure."

"So how does an octopus get in with a big shot pirate?" Zoro asks.

"Twenty years ago, I was stranded out at sea and Hatchi saved me." Rayleigh explains. "I'll never forget it for as long as I live."

"Hatchi was only a little kid at the time, but he saved Rayleigh's life." Shakky said.

"We became good friends until he became a member of the Sun Pirates." Rayleigh further explains.

"You mean Arlong, right?" Luffy asks with food still stuffed in his mouth.

"Still,  Gold Rogers was executed twenty two years ago, wasn't he?" Sanji wonders. "How did his Vice Captain of all people manage to avoid getting his head chopped off? The marines captured the entire crew, didn't they?"

"The marines never caught Roger." Rayleigh said smiling. "The captain turned himself in."

Rayleigh began his story saying that Roger went down with an incurable disease. In order to help ease the pain, he and the crew sought out a man named Crocus who resided in the Twin Capes. Apparently, Brook knows the man and it turned out that the reason Crocus went out to sea was to search for Brook and his crew. Some of the members of the crew have also met the man as well. With the aid of the doctor, Roger successfully conquered the Grand Line and the world called him the 'King of the Pirates'. Despite being on death's door, he loved the title and continued to live his life to the fullest in spite of his condition. Soon after becoming the Pirate King, the Roger Pirates secretly disbanded and went off to live their own lives. However, Rayleigh has no idea where any of the other members are. A year after their disbandment, Roger turned himself in to the Marines and then he would be executed in Loguetown, the city where he was born. Furthermore, on the day of his execution, several individuals present there went to become big names. Rayleigh wasn't present at the execution, but he would recall his friend's last words to him were 'I won't die, partner'. Despite the execution being a sign meant for dismaying pirates, the complete opposite happened and Gold Rogers used his final words to usher in the 'Great Pirate Era'. Uta couldn't utter a single word as all this information gave her shivers from the excitement of the story.

"That's such an amazing story." Nami sighs. "It sounds completely different when told by the Vice Captain."

"It sounds like Roger made the 'Great Pirate Era' on purpose." Usopp said.

"That I can't tell you for sure." Rayleigh said as he opened a bottle of whiskey. "Roger is no longer with us and so it's the people alive that can create the era."

Rayleigh chugs the bottle for a while before resuming.

"Some of you may know a man who was there." Rayleigh said. "Your old pal Shanks was one of them."

Uta's eyes widened with shock and she almost dropped her glass. Thankfully, no one really noticed her actions as they were all still listening to Rayleigh.

"You know, Shanks too?" Luffy asks.

"Perhaps you also know a man named Buggy. He's from the East Blue." Rayleigh adds.

Wasn't he that red nose guy who tried to execute Luffy back at Loguetown? Uta asks herself.

"He and Buggy were appetencies on Roger's ship." Rayleigh said.

"SHANKS WAS ON THE PIRATE KING'S SHIP?!" Luffy and Uta scream in shock.

Uta covers her mouth quickly as the sudden fact throws her off guard. Some people were surprised that Uta reacted the way she did, but didn't think much of it.

What the hell?! Shanks never told me that! Uta mentally screams as she calms herself down. Why did he keep such a big secret from me?!

"Hm? He didn't tell you?" Rayleigh asks Luffy in surprise.

Luffy nods his head 'no', then Rayleigh makes eye contact with Uta, catching her by surprise.

Why is he looking at me? Uta wonders as she nervously sips her tea with her shaking hand. Surely, this doesn't mean...

"Well you see, about ten years ago Shanks visited me in this archipelago." Rayleigh said. "He was missing his trademark hat and left arm."

Luffy chokes on the food that he stuffed in his mouth due to knowing the reason why Shanks was missing the said things.

"As well as his daughter." Rayleigh finishes.

PFFT! Cough! Cough!

This time, it was Uta choked and the result was her spewing her tea in the air before coughing violently.

"Are you ok, Red?" Nami asks walking up to check on Uta. "That's a shock to me too. I didn't know Red Haired Shanks had a daughter."

"Yeah." Uta answers shakingly. "Who would've guessed?"

No way! Does that mean, this old man knows who I am?! Uta asks herself in shock. He's not going to expose me, is he?

"Her name was Uta." Luffy said after swallowing his food. "She was my childhood friend and a singer. All Shanks told me was that she left the ship to be a singer."

Uta's heart sank and went into a state of brief depression as she was reminded of the whole reason why the separation happened in the first place.

"Huh, so that's what he told you." Rayleigh said. "In that case, I can't spare any details."

Huh? What does he mean by that? Uta wonders, looking at the old man.

Then, Rayleigh looks at Uta causing her to shudder. He nods his head and smiles before taking a sip of his drink.

"Anyways, getting back on track, when I talked to him regarding his hat and arm, he spoke about you with a smile." Rayleigh told Luffy with a smile. "And ever since, I've always wanted to meet you, Luffy. I wanted to see that spirited boy that Shanks told me about for myself."

Luffy pulls his hat down to hide his embarrassed smile which causes Uta to chuckle and stabilizes her mood. Uta thinks back to the last time she saw Shanks and remembers the last conversation she had with him.

~

What happened to your hat? You liked that thing.

I gave it to Luffy. He'll give it back to me, once he becomes a great pirate.

I bet he didn't join you.

Yeah. He's pretty confident that he can surpass us.

Luffy will surpass you. He promised me way before he told you.

Oh really. You bet on it?

Luffy is the one who'll be King of the Pirates. Not you.

~

Uta looks at Luffy once more and smiles warmly after remembering the bet she made with her father.

"Anyways, I can't in good conscience talk about Shanks that he didn't say to you himself." Rayleigh said. "In any case, you did well to make it this far and I'm sure Shanks is eagerly awaiting you in the New World."

"You think so?" Luffy asks with a huge smile. "Oh man, I can't wait to see him!"

"Now then, let's get back to my real work and get to why you're looking for me in the first place." Rayleigh said standing up. "Getting your ship coated."

"Nyuu! That reminds me, I don't know how much the coating costs." Hatchan said.

"No no, I couldn't possibly take money from friends of yours." Rayleigh said.

"Really? Thank you, Rayleigh!" Hatchan thanks.

Sanji, Usopp, and Nami also thank the former pirate as well for his generosity. Uta, on the other hand, couldn't really sit still and was fidgeting quite a bit. Rayleigh didn't mention anything about her to the others, which means he's keeping it a secret. Uta wants to talk with the man alone somehow. Suddenly, Robin gets up from her seat taking everyone aback.

"Rayleigh. I have a question." the archeologist asks. "What is the 'Will Of D? On a poneglyph in the sky islands, I found a note in the old script that has Roger's name on it as well. How can he know that language?"

Uta wasn't big on history so she had no clue what Robin was talking about. However, the Will Of D did sound strangely familiar to her.

"Please tell me, did you learn about the Blank Century from nine hundred years ago?" Robin asks desperately.

"Yes, we know." Rayleigh answers. "We know the entire history."

Uta can sense Robin's shock and it was hard for her to believe someone as calm and collected as her could be rattled.

"But, Miss, don't get too hasty." Rayleigh said. "Go at your own pace. I think we and the people of Ohara may have moved a bit too fast for our own good and I'm sure that's not what you want to hear."

Ohara? What's that? An island? Uta wonders.

"Even if I were to tell you all about the history, right here and now, as you are right now you wouldn't be able to do a thing." Raleigh continues. "When you see the world for yourself, you may reach a different conclusion than what we did. However, if you still insist on it, I'll tell you everything. Up to you."

Robin takes in a moment of silence.

"No, I'll pass and continue my journey." Robin answers.

"One day, you will see the truth." Rayleigh tells Robin. "I'm very sorry for what happened to your hometown, Ohara, but that didn't change the fact that Roger knew how to decipher those writings."

Robin gasps in shock at Rayleigh's words.

"We were pirates, not geniuses or scholars. Nothing like Clover or the scholars of Ohara." Rayleigh said. "You see, Roger had the power to hear the voice of 'all things'. That's all there is to it."

"The voice of all things?" Uta repeats silently.

"Hold on Robin, are you sure about this?" Usopp asks. "You're missing a pretty big opportunity."

Usopp then gets up from his seat and runs up to the old man with great eagerness.

"Hey, old man! I have a question of my own!" Usopp yells. "The legend Roger talked about! The legendary 'One Piece'! Is it really..."

"USOOOOOOOOOOP!"

Luffy reared up from his seat screaming at his friend causing everyone to freeze in shock. The sniper was so scared that he fell backwards.

"I don't want to know where the One Piece is hidden. I don't even want to know if it even exists." Luffy said to Usopp. "Each and every one of us risked our lives and set out to sea not knowing anything and if you ask this old man anything about it, I'll quit being a pirate!"

Uta snickers at the sight and takes in another sip of tea.

"I don't want to go on a boring adventure like that!" Luffy concludes. "We're going to sail and find out for ourselves!"

"Sorry! Sorry! I really knew, but I just...you know...it slipped out!" Usopp apologizes. "I don't want to know either! I get the 'I'll die if I find out about One Piece disease' after all!"

Shakky laughs at the sight while Uta watches Luffy with a warm smile.

"In that case, let me ask you, can you really do it?"

Everyone looks at Rayleigh as he speaks up once more.

"The New World surpasses your wildest imaginations and the enemies will be powerful." Rayleigh tells Luffy. "Knowing that, do you think you can conquer the ultimate sea?"

"I don't want to conquer anything." Luffy answers. "Being 'King of the Pirates' means you're more free than anyone."

Uta looks at Luffy stunned by his answer. It was completely than what she had thought. However, she begins to remember something from back in her childhood.

~

What if I become King of the Pirates? Then maybe I can make that my new genesis!

~

Uta chuckles to herself as she almost forgot about Luffy's dream. Uta's glad that his dream hasn't changed, unlike hers.

Ah, I like him even more now. Uta hums.

"Is that right?" Rayleigh asks, smiling.

"I like your style." Shakky said.

Rayleigh and the Straw Hat pirates begin to discuss the ship coating and what to do, but Uta's mind was somewhere else. She couldn't get what Rayleigh hinted about regarding her and Shanks out of her head.

"Before you go!" Uta yells. "I have a question of my own!"

"And what would a diva like yourself want to ask a pirate of?" Rayleigh asks, confused.

Uta freezes as she didn't think that far ahead, but she doesn't want to back out.

"Tell me, what do you know of Shanks' daughter!" Uta asks.

"Oh that's right." Luffy said as he walked up to Uta. "You know Uta don't you. Did you know that she was Shanks' daughter?"

"Hearing that 'Red Haired' has a child is pretty shocking." Zoro said. "I'm surprised and that's the first I heard."

"Me too." Sanji said. "Then again, I don't know too much about the Four Emperors."

"Shanks' became an emperor not too long ago in comparison to the others, but him having a child shouldn't be something that secretive." Robin noted.

"Before I answer that, are you sure that you would like to know?" Rayleigh asks Uta. "Either way, I don't believe it's in my place to tell our friends here that information. Luffy here can tell you all about her better than me, judging from the close bond that Shanks told me about."

Uta gulps as she feels even more guilty than before. Rayleigh knows too much.

"Or better yet, maybe ask Uta herself." Rayleigh added.

"Huh? What're you trying to say, old man?" Luffy asks. "Hey, Red, back at the amusement park. You were going to tell me something about Uta. Does it happen to be related to what the old guy is talking about?"

Uta's heart was thumping so loud that she could barely hear herself think. All eyes are on her, but there is no stage and she's not here to sing. Uta's childhood friend has put her answer on hold long enough and now she can't back out. The suspense is much greater than it was at the amusement park now that there's a bigger crowd.

What am I doing? Uta asks herself as she tries to get a grip. I said I was going to tell him the truth, didn't I? I have to...but his crew...no, I can't back out!

Badadada! Badadada!

"Huh? What's that noise?" Luffy asks as he looks around.

Uta looks at her jacket pocket and notices her transponder snail going off. Uta breathes a sigh of relief feeling she got saved once more.

Calick!

"This is Red." Uta said. "Is that you, Abell?"

"Yeah. It's me." Abell answers. "Did you rescue Camie?"

"Yup, she's safe and sound." Uta answers.

"And what of the Straw Hat Pirates?" Abell asks.

"We all made it out ok and unharmed." Uta answers. "Me and everyone else are in a bar that the ship coater that we were looking for owns somewhere in Grove 13."

"Ok. Is Luffy there with you right now?" Abell asks.

"Yeah. I'm here." Luffy said getting close to Uta which causes the latter to blush. "You're the tattoo woman, right?"

"Vahaha! Tattoo woman! That's a great nickname for someone like you!" Pitch laughs from the background.

"Shut up, Pitch! Let me talk!" Abell yells back. "Anyways, let me tell you what's going on in the outside world."

"Ok, I'm listening." Luffy said.

"As you may already know, several marines have made their way into the Sabaody Archipelago and are in pursuit of not only you and your crew, but also the other members of your generation." Abell said. "The marines are heading towards the lawless area and amusement park since that's where you guys were last seen."

"Oh, so I guess we can't go back to the amusement park then." Luffy said sadly.

"You wanted to go again?" Nami, Usopp, and Sanji ask angrily.

"Anyways, it'd be in your best interest to stay away from those said Groves." Abell suggested. "Also, Red, I would suggest that you stay where you are."

"Huh? Why?" Uta asks. "Can't I stay with Luffy a bit longer?"

"You were at the auction house and witnessed the Celestial Dragon assault, right?" Abell asks. "If you're seen with them, your identity will be revealed and at worst, will be treated as a criminal. We're lucky that the marines haven't figured you out."

Uta clicks her tongue in annoyance knowing that Abell is right.

"Anyways, we'll come and get you soon so just stay, and Luffy, you should be careful since I heard that the admiral has shown up." Abell said. "I don't know who's here, but be on your guard."

"Ok, we will." Luffy said. "Thanks for the heads up."

Calick!

As soon as Abell hangs up, the crew begins to discuss their next course of action. All the while, the thought of Uta revealing herself to Luffy is still eating away at her. Once the pirates came up with a plan, Rayleigh tells his wife to bring out a vivre card so that they can split it amongst the crew.

"Would you like one too, young lady?" Rayleigh asks.

"Sure. Why not?" Uta said as she accepted the piece of paper.

With everyone set, the group walks outside and prepares to split before listening to Rayleigh's directions.

"It'll take me three days to coat the ship." Rayleigh said.

"Three days?" Luffy asks, shocked.

"The coating needs to be strong enough to go under sea. I can't go any faster than that." Rayleigh explains.

So I have three days to tell Luffy the truth? Lucky me. Uta thought breathing a sigh of relief.

"So it's three days of survival for us then! Yohohoho!" Brook said with a laugh.

"Let's meet at sundown three days from now." Rayleigh instructed. "I don't know which grove I will be at, so use that vivre card to find me when the time comes. In the meantime, you should stock up on supplies for your underwater voyage."

"Hey, Red, what are you going to do?" Luffy asks walking up to Uta. "Are you sure you don't want to hangout with us for at least a day?"

"How about this?" Uta said. "On the third day, in the afternoon, I'll arrange another recital so you guys can watch me in thanks for keeping me company!"

"You mean it?!" asks half the group in shock. "We get to see THE 'Diva' Red perform?!"

"Only if you guys survive!" Uta said with a wink.

"I'll survive no matter what!" Nami roars.

"All the more reason to hide away!" Sanji swoons. "I can't keep a lady waiting!"

"I feel like I can do it now!" Usopp said confidently. "I'll make sure to hide away until the arrival date."

"I'll go if they serve some good booze." Zoro said. "Not really much of a music fan, but.."

"I want to go to another concert!" Chopper happily said.

"I have never been to a concert before." Franky said, rubbing his chin. "I bet it'll be super!"

"If I don't die, it will be my first time too." Robin chuckles.

"Ah, nothing will beat some good music after escaping the Marine's clutches." Brook said.

"Looks like you got them all determined." Rayleigh laughs. "If you're able to bring forth determination to people with the promise of your singing, you must be someone very special."

"I'm far from it to be honest." Uta said, blushing from Rayleigh's praise. "I don't think I'm anywhere close to achieving my New Genesis."

Luffy, still confused and filled with a mixture of strange feelings, walks up to Uta in hope of getting some answers.

"Um, Red?" Luffy calls out to Uta. "About Uta..."

Uta raises her hand towards Luffy signaling him to quiet. Much to Luffy's surprise, Uta's expression has saddened and is seemed to be

"Luffy, please listen to my selfish request." Uta said. "Once I see you next, I promise I'll tell you everything I know about Uta."

Luffy looks at Uta a bit saddened by the news which causes Uta's heart to crack. Little did the two know that Rayleigh was watching and listening in to their conversation. Judging by the look on his face, he wasn't very pleased with the direction the conversation was going.

"Can you trust me on this and please hold off until then?" Uta asks.

Luffy was silent for a moment which felt like an eternity for Uta. Then, Luffy gives Uta his classic grin and nods.

"Ok then! I'll trust you." Luffy said with a smile. "If it's you, I'm willing to wait. "

Uta was both relieved and sickened from Luffy's answer. She wished Luffy would press the topic further and make her admit it. Now, she would have to hold on to this secret for another three days and seems like forever. Then she remembers how trusting and naive Luffy is as he was like this even in his childhood. Guilt fills Uta's heart. Soon, Luffy and his crew went off and she, Camie, Pappagu, Hatchan, Rayleigh and Shakky. As Luffy and his crew walk off into the mangrove forest, all Uta can think of is the same repeating sentence.

I'm so pathetic.

Quite the long chapter. This took me quite the time to write too. I hope you enjoyed my take on how Uta would've contributed to helping the Straw Hats save Camie and her meeting with Silvers Rayleigh. The next chapter will focus on the Section Leaders. It may not sound too exciting, but I promise it'll be worth it. Until then, I'll see you all in the next chapter. Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 38 4
*WARNING: THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC, I APOLOGIZE IF ITS BAD!* [This fanfic is a What If scenario in One Piece, and is also a Luffy x Uta fic.] Luffy wa...
110K 3.8K 24
All (Y/n) wanted was to free her home country from Sir Crocodile's tyranny, not get a bounty on her head and being pulled into the adventures with th...
23.9K 637 31
When the Roger pirates find a barrel which they assume is filled with sake and food, they where in a hell of a shock when they found a little girl hu...
12.5K 509 14
(MODERN AU) β€’ β€’ ⚠️THIS FANFIC CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION AS WELL AS OTHER MAJOR THEMES⚠️ Abuse. Child abuse. One of the worst thing...