YORKTOWN (An Azur Lane Fanfic)

By CIWSPhalanx

An Arleigh Burke class destroyer, USS Downes (DDG-201) has just escaped from the Siren's aircraft after inten... More

BIO and Ship data
Teleported
Crimson Axis's War Declaration
Decision ( 1 )
Decision ( 2 )
Combat rescue (1)
Combat rescue (2)
Combat rescue (3)
Let's go home
Characters
Fight with no eyes
That dream
The Orochi (2)
We all have no right for it
Evacuation (1)
Evacuation (2)
Behind all of this
Explaining chapter
Purifier
Commotion
Little sister?!

The Orochi (1)

274 10 5
By CIWSPhalanx

Morning has arrived. For today, we were off to rest after yesterday's operation in the dark. I sat at the window looking out. Gazing at the beautiful morning scenery. The wind was breezy and the day was quite sunny. I was lucky enough to get a dormitory with unbarred windows so I could sit at the mouth of the window. Some of my crew were doing activities such as exercising or just running around in the morning. If you ask me why I didn't come, it's because I start my activities at dawn.

Knock knock

''Who's there?''

There was no answer. Surprised that no one answered, I opened the door. And....

''BOO!''

''I've seen a lot more shocking things than a tomboyish blonde girl trying to prank a guy.'' I said flatly. It was Clevy (Cleveland) who tried to startle me.

''Hehe.... Good morning, Fletcher''

''Good morning too, Clevy...'' I replied while pretending to be sleepy in front of this tomboyish girl. ''So... what's the occasion?" I asked while leaning against the door mouth.

''Nothing... I don't have a daily patrol mission today. Want to go for a walk?

I thought for a while. It's okay too. Instead of me just aimlessly staying in my room, it would be good for me to take a walk outside. Maybe meet the shipgirls in person, or just enjoy the morning air. I finally said yes. I immediately took my long-sleeved T-shirt and also my black pants and sneakers that I rarely wore and put them on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In less than two minutes we were already outside the dormitory area because my dormitory was downstairs. Out here, the wind is more pronounced than in the room earlier. The sky looks very blue today. The sun is also shining quite brightly. It's as if there's never been a battle here. From here, the harbor looks so beautiful. The ships are quite organized in their berths. My ship is invisible because it entered the Eagle Union's secret facility for special checks.

''It's said that there's a Royal Navy fleet about to join here?'' I opened the conversation.

''Yes, the first group arrived before you did. Prince of Wales, Javelin, Hood and a few others. Today the main ones are arriving. Warspite, Illustrious, Unicorn, Edinburgh, Sheffield, and above all, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.''

''Queen Elizabeth?'' I asked curiously.

''Battleship... you know her right?''

I nodded although I actually didn't know much about that ship myself.We continued walking until we reached the shipyard. Unlike a typical military shipyard, the shipyard here looks like a small market. Some booths seem to occupy the left side of the road so as not to disturb the main road access. I also realized that there were not only shipgirls here, but also guard soldiers who looked like US G.I. soldiers during the second world war. That M1 helmet, that field battle uniform, everything they wore just like in their  war footage photos or videos.

''You know, this world takes a slight preference from the Second World War. So no one should be surprised if there are those soldiers here.'' Clevy explained a little about the world I was in.We passed by the small market, which although simple, seemed to be quite busy.

''Ah, Miss Yorktown, Enterprise!!''Clevy suddenly exclaimed when she saw the woman I knew so well. She then invited me to approach her.

''Ah... you guys are here too, right?'' Miss Yorktown said as we approached her. She happened to be with Enterprise, her sister. And one little girl.

''How are you Enterprise? Cleveland asked.

''I...I'm fine...'' replied Enterprise rather nonchalantly. Indeed, as far as I could see, even during the rescue operation, Enterprise was also very indifferent in her tone towards us.

On the other hand, this little girl with short white hair and cute cat ears still kept confronting me.

This loli  kept watching me with a frowning face while blocking my way. But she looks so cute! My hand itched to pinch her cheek. But I decided against it. The FBI can be everywhere, so if I get caught, I'm finished.

''Don't try to get close to Yorktown nee-chan!'' she said looking at me fiercely.

So cute...!!! >v<

''Hamman-chan, it's not nice to yell at random people.'' Miss Yorktown gently reprimanded the little girl while patting her head. ''I'm sorry Captain Fletcher, she seems to be unfamiliar with you.'' Miss Yorktown said with a crisp smile. I just laughed briefly as I then lowered myself to the girl's level. ''What's your name, girl?'' I asked in the softest tone possible.

She was still staring fiercely at me. ''Sims-class destroyer - Hamman, hull number DD-412! Get away from me, you pervert!''

''Hamman-chan!'' Miss Yorktown chided again.

How rude her language -_-

''My name is Fletcher McFarr. It's a pleasure and an honor to meet you.'' I introduced myself. ''Let's defeat Siren together.'' I said as I tried to take her hand. While hoping the FBI wasn't here. Hamman's face suddenly turned red. She immediately hid behind Miss Yorktown's back while peeking out from behind her.

''She's a bit rough around the edges, but she's also shy.''

''Hahaha....no problem.'' I said. USS Hamman.... yes, I know that ship. The destroyer that sank along with the Yorktown. I've read that history. I've also heard its name on modern ships. It looks like the fourth ship of Flight IV too... Could this be the reason why Hamman is so protective of Miss Yorktown? It's possible.

''Mister Fletcher.'' Hamman called out again. She was now standing in front of me. I turned my head. Then answered her.

''I'm sorry for insulting you earlier. '' She said as her eyes looked at me expectantly. ''Hamman-chan just wants Yorktown nee-chan not to get hurt again like in Midway. Hamman-chan just wants to protect Yorktown nee-chan.'' She continued.

As i thought

i patting her head and smilled. ''It's okay darling, next time be nice like you were nice to Miss Yorktown. Can you?'

Hamman nodded. 

''Look!!!'' Cleveland exclaimed while pointing towards the sea. Instantly we all turned our heads.

In the ocean, several ships were sailing towards the dockyard. It's must be Royal Navy's second group. Two battleships, one large aircraft carrier, one light aircraft carrier, three light cruisers and.... wait. A Type 45 destroyer?

*D37 initials can be changed to D71

Is that the new British Type 45 ship lost in the Pacific waters? HMS Javelin?

''Captain Fletcher?'' Called Miss Yorktown. ''You seemed surprised when you saw that ship...''

''What kind of ship is it? Asked Hamman while also looking at the British destroyer.

''Ah... not really. I only recognize the model.'' I said briefly. ''Type 45 destroyer, Daring Class or can also be called D-class destroyer.'' I explained briefly.

''Are they the same ship as yours, Captain Fletcher?'' Asked Enterprise. Only this time did she speak up. I shooked my head. ''No, my ship is of the Arleigh Burke class. Made in the United States. In terms of shape and weapons, the difference is also very noticeable. Daring Class was built by UK.'' I explained. I tried to explain what I knew.

HMS Javelin is one of the Royal Navy's newest Type 45 ships. Still based on the early type 45 model, but equipped with four deck launcher tubes near the VLS launcher system on the forward bow. Not an Aegis destroyer, (correct me if I'm wrong) but it does using AESA Long range radar SAMPSON, and  S1850M. It seemed to be the ship that disappeared in the Pacific waters a year ago.

''Captain Fletcher.'' Miss Yorktown called out to me once again. ''Can you accompany me to greet them?

''Of course, Miss Yorktown. After all, they are also our old comrades. As a representative of the US Navy, I feel obligated to welcome them.''

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back again with my service uniform. Even though my initial intention was to go out with Clevy, but had to be delayed by this reception. It's not really a ceremonial reception, but I feel obligated to welcome them. After all, it was rare to see the legendary ships of the Royal Navy up close.

We walked to the very end of the shipyard. It was a bit embarrassing, walking alone with Miss Yorktown. Several ship girls were seen watching us. Of course I was getting uncomfortable and repeatedly ducking my head to avoid looking directly at them.

But somehow Miss Yorktown seemed perfectly calm even walking alone with this stranger. I don't know if I misread it or not, but she seems to be in a happy mood. A few minutes later, we had met them. A ....  little girl, but with a queen's outfit...

Her loyal knight

Three maids

Two.... what part of these girls?

''Welcome, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.'' Miss Yorktown greeted them while slightly bowing her head. Me, who was standing next to her, was confused. ''Wel..welcome, Queen Elizabeth.'' I joined in the greeting.

''What did you just say?'' Elizabeth suddenly looked at me. I was startled.

''Uh...so...welcome, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth'' I bowed my head. Realizing my own mistake.

''There seems to be someone new here, Yorktown? Asked the woman named Illustrious who was standing next to Warspite. ''So... what's your name, boy?'' Her eyes now directed to me. 

''Fletcher, Mistress Illustrious. Fletcher McFarr, from US Navy and leading a destroyer named USS Downes. Hull number, DDG-201.'' I introduced myself formally while trying to control my palpitations. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

''Ahaha~ there's no need to be formal like that.'' Illustrious looked at me while laughing lightly. I just laughed with mock laughter while my eyes were drawn towards a little girl with pastel purple hair who was hiding behind her back. When I slightly tilted my head to get a better look, she was actually hiding.

''Oh,  She is indeed a shy child. Uni, please greet him''

I lowered my body. Then tried to greet her. While hoping that the FBI wasn't monitoring me. 

''Hello, sweetie.'' I greeted her. ''What's your name?

''U... Unicorn...''

''Unicorn? What a special name... Do you know what a unicorn is?

At the moment when I was trying to get along with the Unicorn. There was the sound of footsteps coming from a distance. A man dressed in Royal Navy service clothes could be seen trotting from the end of the dockyard at the corner. ''Sorry for being a little late, Your Majesty. The ship I got at the far end of the dockyard... Eh?''

Eh?

The man instantly came face to face with me. It seemed that he recognized me from the uniform I was wearing and I also recognized the uniform he was wearing. ''Aren't you... from the US Navy?''

''Y..yes... are you the captain of the ship that went missing with the Russian ship?''

''Are you a modern person too?' Asked the man again.

''Are you a modern person too?'' I asked back. ''It seems to be God's will.'' I immediately faded my shocked expression and extended my hand. ''Flecher McFarr, of the USS Downes, US Navy.''

''William Cox, HMS Javelin, Royal Navy.'' He introduced himself while shaking my hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skiptime>>

I gathered the entire Downes crew here. We sat in the living room of Azur Lane's main headquarters. Started talking about things regarding the Crimson Axis. Unlike a normal military meeting, even though we were discussing serious matters, this meeting had no formality at all. So, modern people like us had to really get used to it. Not too formal and rigid behavior like in the modern military in our world before.

''William, can you give us your report from that time?''

William who was sitting next to me then stood up while opening a report. ''Team Spearhead, from the SBS squad assigned on board with Javelin, reported their reconnaissance that it seems the Sakura Empire has built a secret weapon.'' William opened his report while showing an image through the projector.

''This is a photo taken by a Spearhead unit while reconnoitering a secret Sakura Empire facility. Judging from its size, this ship is identified as a Superbattleship. Its size cannot be confirmed. What is clear is that this ship has a size that is too large for ships that categorized as aircraft carriers or Battleships.''  William explained it clearly.

''Even the Iowa or Yamato?'' One of my crew asked.

''Correct.''

''Currently, there is no certainty whether the weapon has reached active status or not. It has been a week since the Spearhead unit was deployed and there is still no sign of the ship being prepared for sailing. The team also did not find any fuel stations to power the ship. So we speculate that the ship is being propelled by other than conventional propulsion.''

I stared in amazement and horror at the ship. I had never seen a ship of that size. One unit of that ship would be enough to destroy several US Navy Task Forces in one go. Miss Yorktown's face also looked serious. It seems that this will be a long and complicated matter. Without knowing the propulsion, it would be impossible to stop this ship from going into active status and being ''clear'' to sail.

'' I think this is quite an exaggeration.'' I cutted off. '' If you look at the model, this ship looks more like a Super Combat Ship. But it looks like its air defenses are also probably scattered in several areas and it's impossible to guard all of them. And what if we launch with massive missile fire to trouble its air defense system, and directly insert three or four cruise missiles into the ship?''

''I was thinking something like that, Captain Fletcher. But what we are also worried about is the protective screen. It is precisely because of the dispersed air defense system that there is that Defense wall.''

That means it would be meaningless to use missiles even if it was a CMU. This means that the only way to stop it is to find the propulsion and then steal it so that the ship cannot be used to sail. But what's the propulsion?

''The only thing Spearhead suspects as the ship's power is a black cube that is always carried by the ''Red Fox'' and the ''White Fox''.Originally we wanted to steal the cube here for further research, however, considering that the Spearhead team had been assigned there for too long, due to limited time and ammunition, especially if we had to fight with the shipgirls and soldiers there, it would be very risky. finally we withdrew them.''

''But right now, we have a new plan. Once again, we will deploy a new unit to the Sakura Empire. This time it's really assigned to steal the black cube.''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 307 41
Hi all I'll for this story I'll be using the unfinished hakuryuu in this story. For some background. This class was suppose to be the successor of th...
4.5K 115 17
(Note: This will be another one of those "Shipboy" stories combined with "Fictional Ships" type things) For the Ambitious Polish Navy. 'He' is the mi...
60.4K 1K 43
-Book one- When the war between Azur Lane and the Red Axis broke out, a person led their fleet into the fray. The fleet, lesser known by many, has ac...
150K 3.2K 34
It's a shame, truly... When a boy is pushed to far, he slips, and cascades down the mountain, resulting in grievous injuries, which lead to him being...