Classroom of the Elite: Ichin...

By karlqn

What would happen if Ichinose Honami instead began in Class-D? What will change and how will things proceed... More

Prologue
Chapter I - A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Chapter II - The Defective Products That is Class-D
SS - The Enigmatic Encounter: Ichinose Honami's Curiosity Awakens
Chapter III - Education Is The Foundation Upon Which We Build Our Future
Chapter IV - Friendship Is A Single Soul Dwelling In Two Bodies
Chapter V - The Strongest Bonds Are Forged In The Fires Of Adversity
Chapter VI - The Worst Form Of Inequality Is To Try To Make Unequal Things Equal
Chapter VII - Love Is The Art Of Blending Two Souls Into One Harmonious Melody
Chapter VIII - The Roots Of Education Are Bitter, But The Fruit Is Sweet
Chapter IX - When Tyranny Becomes Law, Revolution Becomes Order
Chapter X - Deception Is The Dark Alley Where Ignorance And Education Collide
Chapter XI - Where There Is No Vision, There Is No Hope
Chapter XII - All Warfare Is Based On Deception
SS - A Heart's Symphony: Ichinose Honami's Melody of Love
Chapter XIII - Fortune Favors The Bold, And We Are The Embodiment Of Fortune
Chapter XV - Whoever Has Faith In The Beauty Of Their Dreams Has The Future
Chapter XVI - The Best Way To Predict The Future Is To Create It
Chapter XVII - In The Middle Of Every Difficulty Lies Opportunity
Chapter XVIII - Falling Is Inevitable, But Glory Lies In Rising Again
Chapter XIX - To Enforce, Then One Must Have Force
Chapter XX - Ambition Is The First Step Towards Turning A Dream Into Reality
Chapter XXI - Life Is A Balance Between Holding On And Letting Go
Chapter XXII - The Greatest Battles Are Often Fought Within Oneself
Chapter XXIII - She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not
Chapter XXIV - I Could Make You Care
SS - Unveiling Visions: Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's Dreams
SS - Unveiling Visions: Ichinose Honami's Dreams
Chapter XXV - And Then There Were Two
Chapter XXVI - Till Death Do Us Part
Chapter XXVII - Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder
Chapter XXVIII - All's Fair In Love And NTR

Chapter XIV - Judging Others Makes Us Blind, Whereas Love Is Illuminating

2K 101 81
By karlqn

July 18th.

It's been a while, I almost lost track of how long I've been at this school. With all the new unfortunate events taking place before, you'd expect more to happen in the future.

But no, absolutely nothing else has occurred ever since our special exam a month ago.

I'm not complaining or anything, in fact, I'm rather content. Except, there has been something nagging at me though, it's the fact that the school chooses to institute a random test and don't touch on the topic anymore. I could play it off as superstition but, that's not the case. There is something going on, and I believe were going to find out soon enough.

As I was in the middle of my soliloquy, I was interrupted. It wasn't unusual as it was the weekends, I decided to take a little stroll outside to the dorms since staying indoors all day isn't exactly healthy.

But anyways, the person who had interrupted me was none other than Matsushita Chiaki. I've never interacted with them at all other than that time Ichinose had invited me to hang out with her and her group of friends.

"Hey, Ayanokouji-kun! Over here!" Matsushita called out to me.

I could've easily ignored her but as I had no plans right at the moment, I spared some time and walked towards to where Matsushita was.

"Is there something you need?" I questioned.

"Yes, listen, you know what day it is right? From two days from now?"

Two days from now.. July 20th. I don't see how that's important but still, Matsushita was making a big deal about it.

"July 20th." I responded.

"Yes, that's correct. July 20th. So what did you get?"

"I'm sorry?"

"What did you get?"

Matsushita's interrogation is a bit off putting. I don't understand what they're talking about but whatever it was, it's probably important in their eyes. The way they asked makes it seem like it's something that I should, or rather have to have known. Despite the hints she's giving me, I don't get what they want from me.

"Get what?"

"Wait.. Do you seriously not know?"

"..."

"It's Honami-san's birthday on July 20th!"

Ah, that's it. Ichinose's birthday is on July 20th then. I don't see how she could think I knew that. I don't speak to Ichinose on a regular everyday basis as she does but she seems to think that I'd know her birthday. Unfortunately, Matsushita, you overestimated my social skills as I had no clue about her birthday, let alone anyone else's.

"It's her birthday then, huh," I spoke.

"That's right, I'm surprised you didn't know that."

"In that case, have fun."

Once I said that, I tried to leave but Matsushita wasn't having it. She followed me and started asking more questions like some sort of detective. She wasn't satisfied and apparently had more to say.

"Just a moment, if you really didn't know.. Then how about you come to her party in the next two days?"

"Hard pass. Just say I wished her happy birthday."

"Seriously? You're no fun."

"No, I just feel like I wont fit in at her party is all."

"You couldn't be anymore wrong, Ayanokouji-kun," she continued, "In fact, she talks about you more often now."

Ichinose talking about me? What ever she must've said is probably incorrect. I don't have a clear way of knowing exactly how she sees me but it gave Matsushita a wrong impression of me, I just hope that whatever she said, doesn't come back to take a bite of me later. As for the matter of her birthday, I'm going to guess that the party is most likely consistent of the opposite sex. I'm going to stick out like sore thumb so need to find someway of getting out.

"I don't see that happening," I replied.

"Sigh, I don't get what she finds so interesting about you," Matsushita said, muttering under her breath.

"What was that?"

"H-Huh? Uh, nothing. Anyways, do you wanna come?"

"I'm good, thanks."

Looking at her again, she's not pleased with my answer. If I know where this is going, there's a high possibility they're going to try everything possible to get me to change my mind.

"Oh, that's too bad, Ayanokouji-kun. I suppose I'll have to tell everyone that I failed to invite you, and that you didn't want to come to Honami-san's birthday."

This tactic is oddly familiar. Never mind that, she's playing dirty. Ichinose's popularity made her rise above everyone else, if I were known to be someone she cared about deeply in someway and that I didn't want to come to her birthday, then it'll be detrimental to my own reputation. Not that I care, but, it'll be inconvenient and I'm probably going to be hated by some people.

Anyhow, I experienced this underhanded method by Ichinose already when she invited me before. There's no point in arguing so I'll have to accept this invitation.

"Then that case, I'll go." I said.

"Wow, really?"

"Are you surprised?"

"In a way, I just thought that Ayanokouji-kun would put up more of a fight, you know?" Matsushita voiced.

"I'm not in the mood to argue right now, I'll go reluctantly."

"Reluctantly? I don't think you should feel that way towards your lover's birthday party."

The nonsense she's baffling on about now is confusing to me. I wouldn't say the term 'lover' is befitting, something more along the lines of 'close acquaintance' or 'friends'.

"Ah, forget that last part Ayanokouji-kun. I gotta go! Later!" said Matsushita, looking down at her phone.

And so, Matsushita had left but not before saying one more thing to me.

"Oh, yeah! Don't forget to get her a gift, 'kay?"

A gift. I've never given anyone a gift. The amount of money I had spent over the past few months have been minimal due to our class point total which means I have a considerable budget to work with. The issue isn't the private points I have though, but rather, what sort of gift should I be giving to someone like Ichinose?

I didn't spend enough time with her to understand her interests, nor do I care to at this point in time. Whenever I talk to her, she's been looking at different directions, almost as if they're intentionally avoiding eye contact. Not only that, Ichinose's been giving off a different scent too. Her decision to start wearing a citrusy perfume is obscure to me, but maybe, that's just how she is.

In any event, I have time now. I wanted to get this gift thing over with quickly so I made my way to Keyaki Mall.

When I got there, the earlier thought I had came back. I don't know the proper gift to get a girl. I could perhaps ask someone but I have too much pride to do something like that. The other option is asking Horikita but her tastes are.. how should I put it? They're probably different than your typical high school girl. Then again, Ichinose doesn't seem to be the average high school girl either.

I walked around Keyaki Mall a little more, looking at the different shops that were open. There wasn't anything I determined to be a fitting gift for someone such as Ichinose. This leaves me with a few options.

Option A, I gift private points.

Option B, I ask one of her friends.

Option C, I show up empty handed.

Option D, pick out whatever I want.

The first option is basically saying I have no idea what to gift you, so that's a no. The second option is also a no for obvious reasons. The third option is a definite no, showing up with nothing will leave the receiver disappointed. Option D, though it might be my least favorite, is most logical. At the very least they can't say I didn't try.

I looked through the stores of Keyaki Mall a little more and came up with three items that could possibly make an okay gift. I thought a little more and as I was thinking, someone bumped into me. When I looked down, I was met a fairly short girl who possessed a silver-bluish hair color that were adjoined with black ribbons.

"Ah, sorry, are you okay?" I asked as I reached down towards her.

"It's my fault, I should've payed more attention," she said.

When she got up, she briefly dusted herself but not before looking around the floor a little bit.

"Are you looking for this?"

On the floor lay a small book, I picked it up and handed it over to her. It's one I wasn't familiar with but the author of the book was.

"Oh, thank you, I almost thought I lost it," she replied in soft tone.

I've never seen her before, from the way things look they must've been here for one purpose and that purpose was that very book. Anyways though, that can wait.

"Um, what's your name?" asked the girl.

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, I'm from Class-D."

"I'm Shiina Hiyori from Class-C."

Class-C, huh. Then that would mean they're under Ryuuen's dictatorship, when they say they're from Class-C I already have my suspicions. Since Ryuuen shouldn't even know my name, I find it unlikely they're here for me. On the other hand, they could simply be at Keyaki Mall at their personal expense.

"Class-C? So you're in Ryuuen's class then," I said.

"Yeah, my class gets a bad reputation because of Ryuuen-kun and I can see why, but still, I trust him."

So despite Ryuuen's somewhat abrasive personality, there are those who are confident in his abilities. I'm not one to question the way he leads his class since I'm not a leader myself but at the very least, she must've have had some notions herself about the way Ryuuen is leading his class at the beginning.

"Say, Ayanokouji-kun, don't you think it would be better if conflicts between our class ended?"

"That would be ideal, yes."

"Yeah, where no one has to suffer," she started, "I feel sorry since I was partly responsible for having one of your classmates expelled."

Back during the special exam, Class-D had 80 nominations and were forced to expel a classmate for 130 class points. Shiina apologized now, only confirms that Class-C had grouped together to vote for Class-D, as I thought.

"No worries, you have to do what you have to do," I responded.

"But still, it's not enough to just apologize for it."

Even though that had passed a while ago, Shiina was still feeling some guilt, albeit, small. She understood that this school is different, that everyone has to do things if they want to avoid expulsion. Unlike Ichinose, she wanted to protect the happiness of her class and only her class. I'm not saying she doesn't care about everyone else's happiness, but when it comes down to it, she values her own class than anyone else. That was how most probably felt. In the end, she truly cares.

Yes, she's perfect. Like an angel from heaven. Personality aside, her and Ichinose are similar in some ways. Both of their intentions for their class to be a peaceful one almost collide with each other. Overall, they are female, one who feels some guilt over the fact they had to play a hand in expelling a student from a different class. They're the answer to the problem I have.

"In that case, you mind helping me pick out a gift?"

"A gift?" Shiina said, tilting her head.

"Yeah, our leader, Ichinose, is having her birthday celebrated on the 20th of this month. I was wonder if you had something in mind."

"A gift for Ichinose-san? Uh, I only talked to her maybe three times? But based off those interactions, I think Ichinose-san will appreciate anything you get her. So you need to pick something that comes from the heart."

I take back everything I said.

"I.. see.."

"I should get going now, Ayanokouji-kun, bye."

Shiina left, leaving me with advice that doesn't appeal to me in anyway. Something that comes from the heart isn't something I know to figure out.

I suppose there's no harm in trying though. To get someone a gift that comes from your heart is close enough to something that I'd feel is right so I'm left with one option. While I was exploring Keyaki Mall, there was this one shop that housed a particular item, the one that I had a keen interest in. The price for it was a bit high but it's the only thing I had in mind.

It'll have to do.

After I bought it, I left Keyaki Mall and went back to the dormitories, I didn't run into anyone of any interests but I'm fine with that. I don't have time to deal with anymore troublesome situations. The last thing for me to deal with is the handle the entire birthday thing in two days. Assuming I'm correct, then most the people there are female. The only male friends I know Ichinose has is me and Hirata, never once did I find her spend her time with anyone except for her usual friend group.

Preferably, I would have hoped this be an open party with everyone in Class-D invited but, if Matsushita had to come to me to invite me personally, then it has to be an exclusive one. I would have heard about it by now if it wasn't.

In the end, it all lies down to whether I'll be able to make it through or not.

-

there is no pain greater than this

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.7K 3.1K 143
This story is my own take on COTE year 2. Some volumes will remain similar to the original, while others will be completely different. Some events fr...
129K 4.5K 24
Due to popular demand and requests, I have finally decided to do it. Thanks to @Exotic_Animator for making this story. It's hasn't been updated for a...
20.9K 599 8
This is A story about Kiyotaka Ayanokoji in Classroom of the Elite In where he is place in Class B instead of Class D and also he somewhat does not h...
2.7K 110 13
The story follows a brown haired boy joining a prestigious school named ANHS. This is the story of Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, ordered by his father to join...