Out Your Zone, divincenzo

By JAYSPEARE

Gianna Westbury is an overachiever who grew up following orders to accomplish the dream that was already made... More

Out Your Zone, π—±π—Άπ˜ƒπ—Άπ—»π—°π—²π—»π˜‡π—Ό
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter Five

761 56 31
By JAYSPEARE

Gianna smiled while watching Lucky and Snow attack Donte with licks to his face. He let out a laugh, taking them like a champ as he lay in the grass. Gianna was amused by how small Snow looked in comparison to the golden retriever.

For the past hour, she and Donte had been playing with their pets, while conversing in between. Donte was a very persistent man when it came to getting to know every little detail about her, and she was getting comfortable the more they spoke.

"I admire how well-trained Lucky is. How long have you had him?" Gianna inquired after the excitement had settled down.

"Since twenty-eighteen. He was well trained when I got him so it was a bit easier to keep him tame." He replied, "How 'bout you? How long have you had the white furry menace?"

"Okay, don't do my baby like that." She joked and the two of them laughed, "and I've had her for little over a year. In preparation for opening the clinic, we were doing a lot of retreats at shelters and Snow caught my eye. I was attached at first sight so I just had to adopt her."

"Interesting. Retreats...you do that a lot?"

"No, but we actually have a very big one coming up in October so I guess this is the perfect time to tell you about it. We want to raise five hundred thousand dollars to support small shelters in poverty struck areas in Nigeria."

Donte cocked a brow, intrigued by her words. Frankly, the whole retreat was her idea and she had been planning it all year so, to say the least, Gianna was very excited yet anxious about it.

"And why Nigeria?"

"That's my parents' homeland. I've only been there once and I saw just how many stray dogs were in the streets, looking like they were on their last lap of life. I was fifteen and it made me want to become a vet even more." She shrugged, "I know the lack of animal care is the least of all the problems there, but it wouldn't hurt to be able to make even the slightest change."

"I love that. You get more interesting the more I talk to you."

She blushed, rubbing her hand over her bare thigh. "Back to what I was saying...we're almost halfway to the target amount so anything you have is very appreciated."

It felt natural talking to Donte about the retreat because it was her job and she had been getting people to donate over the past few months. She loved animals and vowed to always keep them safe, taken care of, and sheltered—no matter where they were. Outside of going to charities and doing donations herself, this retreat in Nigeria was the biggest and hopefully would be the most impactful one in her career so far.

"Yeah, I got you. Text me the details."

She beamed, "I will. Thank you, Donte."

"No problem." His eyes remained on her for a moment and he drew his bottom lip between his teeth. Gianna was looking at the playing dogs to even notice. "Can I ask when your last relationship was?"

Gianna's brown eyes widened ever so slightly at his question. She had been expecting him to ask soon, but she had decided what she would tell him. Either lie about her non-existent love life or just be upfront about everything.

"Um, I haven't been in any before." She chose the latter.

Donte's head tilted to the side as he processed her words. "No, I don't believe you. You, Gianna Westbury, have never been in a relationship before?"

"Nope." She shook her head with a shrug, "I've been too focused on my studies all my life to ever put my attention on a relationship."

"Nah, I feel hella lucky right now. A beautiful, smart, and ambitious woman like yourself has never been in a relationship before." He licked his lips, "I thought I'd have some serious competition. No way a woman like you would be talking with any man average."

"I mean, I'm talking to you."

Donte dramatically touched his chest as she giggled, "Woah, that hurt, fuck. I ain't no average, get it right."

"Sorry, I'm joking." Gianna chortled, playfully reaching over and rubbing his clothed leg, "You're not average, Donte DiVincenzo."

The man smirked, "And you're certainly not average, Gianna Westbury."

The evening had dawned upon the dog owners and it was time to go home. Gianna had a workout session with Jeliyah and Donte had informed her that he had a few meetings to attend that night, so two was the perfect time for them to leave to get sorted out.

Gianna held Snow in her hand as she walked side by side with Donte who was going on about his first NBA ring. "It was crazy as fuck. I always give my all when it comes to my career but I never made it like a mission to get a ring. I just wanted to do what I love while making money. The ring was just the bonus but damn did it feel good."

"I can imagine. And so early in your career, that's impressive. And they can't say you didn't deserve it because you were balling out every game."

He cocked a brow and gave her a lopsided grin. "How you know? Must've been watching me."

"Just wanted to see what you were about."

"Heard you." He chuckled.

The pair soon reached Gianna's car and she pressed the button to unlock the vehicle. Donte nodded in approval as she strapped Snow into her fuzzy car seat. When she was finished, she turned to face him with a small smile on her face.

Admittedly, hanging out with Donte felt new to her, but it was so refreshing and enjoyable to her. She was not opposed to spending more time with him.

Has he sucked you in already? Her inner mind asked, even though her body already knew the answer.

Donte started, "Listen, Gianna, I'll be honest, I really wanna see you again."

"Do you?"

"Yeah, without our animals preferably. I like when I have my eyes and attention only on you." The woman blushed as he continued, "So, I'd like to take you out to a nice spot close by on Saturday. You like sushi?"

Before her brain could process everything, her heart, and mouth had allied. "I love sushi." She smiled, staring up into his captivating orbs.

"I guess it's a date then."

"...I guess so."

Gianna let out a laugh as she watched  Jeliyah carefully sip the glass of red wine with a stank face. In her opinion, it wasn't that bad, though she wasn't a big fan of red wine.

As planned, the pair had done a complete hour at the gym and showered at Gianna's, only to realize that the night was still young and the two of them didn't want to spend the rest of the evening on the couch, though cuddling with Snow was always tempting.

For an interesting night, Gianna decided to introduce her friend to one of her favorite wineries in San Francisco. Whenever she wasn't with Snow, she was touring the state that she was a new resident of and seeing places that she would either love or hate. She normally does these alone, so it was nice to have the company that time around.

Fortunately, they got there just in time for a wine tour and they were just slowly creeping behind the group, in their own bubble while sipping on every rich and savory wine that was handed to them.

"It's just bitter, ew," Jeliyah commented with a look of disgust.

"Yeah, I prefer red wines that are sweet with a dark rich taste. It's not that bad though." The women handed the glass back to the employee who was at the spot on the winery before trailing behind the group to the next spot. "I'm sorry if this isn't your style. It can be a bit boring."

Jeliyah waved her off, "Are you kidding? I feel boujee as fuck in here!" She exclaimed and Gianna let out a laugh. "Forreal, it is nice to be in a different scenery from time to time. This is a whole other vibe from loud ass clubs that only offer overpriced bottles and horny ass nigga."

"You still love it there though." Gigi pointed out.

"Yup, and do."

"Fair enough. Could I ask you a question?" Though they weren't listening to a thing the Caucasian tour guide was informing them, they were still glad to grab their wine glass of what seemed to be Pinot Noir, one of Gianna's favorites.

"Go for it," Jeli replied.

"What's dating like?" She let out, "I mean, my sister told me a few stories so I have an idea but I want to hear it from someone who's been with a guy like Donte. You know, famous people."

"Oh, yeah. I get that." Jeliyah started, "Dating with famous guys is hella fun because niggas really just be showing out. I done spent one brick at fucking Nobu-brick that ain't even mine."

The two shared a laugh then she continued, "Nah, but forreal. They always go all out and make sure you have a good time. But, there's a downside to it. Niggas love to love-bomb you to death, so please be prepared for that. Donte looks like the type, not gonna lie."

"Love bomb?"

"Yeah, I'm talking expensive dates, flowers, sending you money, giving you gifts, and everything."

Gianna's mind went back to the bouquet that Donte had sent her last week. Was he love-bombing her? Sweetening her up until she was happy and would easily agree to go on a date with him as she did a few hours ago? If that was the case, she was beginning to feel stupid and somewhat hesitant about how she felt about the player.

"Can it be genuine?"

"It can, but when it comes to rich guys who have everything they could possibly want, they just love bomb to get pussy. After they get it, then that's it. Love bomb period is done."

Gianna nodded in understanding. Jeliyah could tell that she heavily thinking about her decision so she linked their arms and gave her a cheeky grin. "But...I'm sure Donte actually likes you and wants to build something with you. Don't get scared cause of what I just said. Please. Not all nigga are the same."

"I hope so. I mean, this is my first time dating. Donte seems like a nice guy but I don't know if we'd work well together, you know?" Gigi admitted.

"Yeah, I understand, Pooh. But see it as practice. If shit doesn't go well, at least you can say you've dated a rich, handsome white guy." Jeliyah joked and Gianna laughed with a shake of her head.

She used the rest of the tour to clear her head, sip her wine and enjoy some time with her friend. The last thing she wanted to worry about was the fact that she had a date in a few days with Donte DiVincenzo.

The night came to an end and as Jeliyah and Snow cuddled in her bed while watching a movie on Netflix, Gianna was in her bathroom getting ready to go to bed. She was in her black bathrobe with her bonnet on, rubbing her cleanser on her face with her phone perched up on her mirror.

"Looking ugly as hell." The deep, rich voice belonged to her brother, Jahiem, who she was on FaceTime with. He had ended up calling her just as she hopped out of the shower because he was seeming gonna be at the hospital for the whole night.

"Shut up. Unlike you, I'm about to get some well-needed rest." She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatchu doing for Pop's birthday? You flying out here?"

"Yeah. I haven't been home since June. I lowkey miss y'all."

"Lowkey? You miss us bad, stop lying."

She couldn't even deny it because she did miss her family. They had a tight-knit relationship so being in a completely different state from the rest oftentimes became lonely. Gianna would fly to Washington on weekends when she was free just to see her parents and family members.

The clinic had been a bit busy all summer so she hadn't gotten time to fly out or have a proper holiday to relax.

With her father's birthday coming up, she was looking forward to going back home to enjoy a weekend of relaxation and love.

"Whatever. How's my friend that you stole?" She asked in a joking tone. It was still weird that her best friend from high school was now the wife of one of her brothers—her sister-in-law. She was upset that they were dating behind her back at first, but she had witnessed just how deep their love for each other ran.

Jahiem chuckled, tugging at his goatee. "She aight. Gotta nigga sleeping on the couch 'cause she upset that I worked on her birthday."

After patting her wet face dry with a clean towel, Gianna said, "I mean, you are on the call every day. She must understand that."

"Nah 'cause she does. It's just the fact that we planned to go to Greece. Flights booked and everything. I got called in for emergency surgery the second we pulled up to the airport. She said she was okay with it but clearly, she feel some type of way to be moving like this."

"Damn, I'd be mad too." Gianna shrugged, "give her some time, she'll get over it."

"Yeah, I got some planned for her lil fiesty ass. Get my relationship back in line." He sighed before asking, "Speaking of relationships, when are you gonna lock in with someone?"

"Whenever God wants me to."

Her brother rolled his eyes, "Shut the fuck up with that. Gianna, my beautiful sister, it's time you actually go out and find yourself a man. Joshua got his girl, Giselle's talking to some new guy and you're just there, lonely and single."

"I don't see a problem with that." She lied.

"Well, I do. I want you to experience life and not with life comes love. I have yet to see you with a happy, relationship glow. You have to find your person, Gianna."

Gianna rubbed her retinol serum into her glowy skin and then pouted. "Aw, you care about me?"

"You know I do. Don't bury yourself in work and stress. You've done that all your life. It's time to relax and do what you're heart desires, with whomever it may be."

As much as she didn't want to show anything, her brother's words sat with her. She had been doing everything that her heart desired for the past decade; becoming a professional doctor and being successful in that career.

She had done so and now she could focus on something else that her heart deeply desired—love. It wasn't wise of her to think that she would find that within the first guy who showed interest in her in a while—Donte—, but this was her opportunity to at least give it a try.

To at least give him a chance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 6.1K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
160K 4.7K 49
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨πŸ’Œΰ­§β‹† Λšο½‘β‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
545K 19.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
737K 16.6K 45
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.