The dragon kingdom ||httyd||

By zephyrhaddock02

This is my second time writing a runaway story of hiccup Haddock.. In this story let's just say that there is... More

Get to know the characters
My freedom
Meeting with someone
Get to know the princess and the dragon raid
The battle with the red death
Getting some supplies and going to Aldmoor
Meeting with The general Duke
spending time with new family
His new name and new place
New Academy and friends

The breakfast talk

124 3 4
By zephyrhaddock02

.
.
.
.
.
.

-Aldmoor, Morning-

"Morning Hiccup," Althea greeted happily. She smiled, "Oh my, to think that my Father's old clothes suits you rather nicely. What do you think?"

Hiccup laughed a bit before looking at the mirror once again.

He was wearing a white silk shirt, a dark green vest, a dark brown belt, black pants and brown boots. His original clothes were thrown away last night when a maid gave him a pair of night clothes.

"This is the first time I have ever felt silk fabric and I must say," Hiccup said as he felt the white fabric. "It's really soft. You said that this was made by a little insect, correct?"

Althea smiled, "That's right. A silkworm and they are high in protein as well."

Hiccup made a disgust look, "You...You can eat them?!"

"A few people do but the villagers around here don't normally eat them," Althea replied. She then grabbed his arm, "Come on, it's time for breakfast."

"Alright lead the way," Hiccup said knowingly that she would be dragging him to the diner room. And he was right.

Althea and Hiccup reached at the diner room to find there was no one yet present. The princess guided Hiccup to where he sat last night while she took a sit right next to him.

Hiccup looked down to see the silverware and remembered Althea telling him how some of the items around here were made out of the materials found in the volcano. The stronger materials were used to forge weapons, armor and shield.

"After breakfast, I will take you to the Henderson's and see if you can get a job there as an apprentice," said Anna. She smiled, "I have a good feeling that you and Damien will become great friends."

Hiccup smiled a bit before the two of them heard the doors opening beside them and saw Cassius and Iris walking in with two other people.

A man with long brown-reddish hair and had blue eyes. He was wearing a blue tunic, a brown belt around his waist and a sword on the left side, black pants and brown boots.

Next to the man was a woman with flaming red hair and green-forest eyes. She was wearing a sleeveless blue dress and underneath was a white silk shirt and small brown boots.

"Ah morning children," Cassius happily greeted them. "Glad to know we didn't miss breakfast."

"You miss breakfast, Dad," teased Anna before laughing. "I highly doubt that. Morning Mother, General Ryder and Aunt Eva, how are you?"

"Great, thanks for asking," Eva replied.

The king took the head sit while his wife sat to his left. General Ryder sat next to the king by his right while Eva sat next to Ryder.

A few maids came in with food and placed them in front of them.

Hiccup bites his lower lip before nervously trying to figure out which silverware to use. Normally he would use a spoon for soup and a fork for eating meat that he can't use his hands.

Last night, there wasn't much silverware but this morning, there were about five different ones. He can see there was a spoon, a fork and a knife but there were two other spoons. One was bigger than the other one but why?

He gulps a bit before coughing in order to get Althea's attention.

The princess turned her head to see Hiccup was nervous. She titled her head before realizing what the problem was.

She slapped herself before leaning over to Hiccup's ear.

"Don't worry about it. Just eat how you normally would. I will explain the other silverware some other time but for now, don't worry about it."

"B-But what about t-table manners?" Hiccup whispered nervously. "I-I don't want to embarrass myself in front of your parents and their guests...who are they anyway?"

"That's General Ryder and his wife," Althea replied. "They have been friends with my parents since they were really small. And don't worry about table manners since my Dad and General Ryder can be rather...messy eaters sometimes."

Hiccup let out a sigh in relief before starting eating his breakfast.

"Right," Cassius said before clearing his throat. "Hiccup, I would like to introduce you to my General Victor Ryder and his wife, Eva oliver. They're great friends of mine."

"Oh...um nice to...ah meet you two," said Hiccup, nervously.

Victor laughed, "No need to be nervous lad. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The same with me but please call me Eva."

Hiccup nodded his head.

"So why are they here Dad?" Althea asked. "Do you need to discuss something with him after breakfast or something?"

"Something like that," Cassius replied. "But not with me, rather they want to talk to Hiccup."

Hiccup slightly open his mouth and had a confuse look.

"Last night, Cassius came to my house and told us all about you," Victor started. He placed his chin over his hands, "I was quite impressed to hear that you and of course Althea taking down that massive dragon."

"I-It was n-nothing, really,"  Hiccup stuttered as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Nothing?!" Althea shouted in disbelief. She got up and slammed her hands onto the table, "Hiccup! It was your idea to stop the Dragon Queen and if you didn't, the other dragons would have suffered still! Don't you dare think you are nothing! You are not living in Berk anymore!"

Hiccup tensed up and stared at Althea in disbelief. No one besides Gobber would scold him for doubting himself. He looked down at his hands, "...I-It's going to take some time Anna...to forget."

Althea sighs, sadly before calming down and placed her hands onto his.

"I understand and I hope in time, you will recover and realize that you are a great person."

Hiccup bites his lip and unconsciously hold onto his emotions before nodding his head though Victor saw right through him.

The General got up and walked over at Hiccup. He placed his hand onto Hiccup's shoulder, "Lad, what Althea said is true. You are a remarkable being and what that tribe, mentally did to you was unquestionable horrible and insensitive. Not even your own blasted Father stopped it. You deserve much better, Hiccup."

The young preteen clenched his hands together before shutting his eyes and nodding his head, slowly.

Eva couldn't take it anymore to see the young boy in so much pain. She quickly got up from her seat and ran over to Hiccup before embracing him, tightly.

"Let it go, Hiccup. Let it go. You are not alone anymore...you don't have to hide it any longer. Let them fall, please."

Hiccup tensed up when Eva hugged him but within a second, he embraced the warmness from this stranger. He slowly reached over and grabbed hold onto her hand.

'What is this feeling? It's so warm. I...I sort of remember this. When...When my own Mom hugged me but how can I remember when she disappeared when I was a baby?'

Eva placed her hand onto Hiccup's auburn hair, "You don't have to wear this mask anymore. Showing emotions is not a crime. It's not weakness. Showing emotions is what makes us human, child."

Hiccup hold onto Eva's hand before feeling his chin being lifted up. The redhead woman grabbed hold onto his chin and placed her forehead onto his.

He gasped a bit to see the concern and sadness coming from Eva's green-forest eyes.

"Did you know that crying is a stress reliever for the body, child?" Eva said softly. She ran or fingers onto Hiccup's auburn hair, "How long has it been? How long has it been that you truly cried? I can see it. I see that pain and suffering you went through, little one."

Hiccup just stared at her with a complete blank stare.

Eva embraced the young boy once again, "You have nothing to hide anymore. I beg of you...release it. Release that suffering you had to endure. You don't have to hold it in anymore. Crying is nothing to be ashamed or to be embarrassed about."

The words that Eva spoke hit Hiccup.

He couldn't hold onto his emotions any longer. He let out a tear going down his cheek before crying out his eyes onto Eva's chest as he hold her.

Cassius and Iris watched with sad look on their eyes while Victor rubbed Hiccup's back as he was trying to calm him down.

Altgea had a small tear going down her cheek.

'To think, you were suffering so much that you had to wear a bloody mask. Your blasted Father didn't help you at all but rather his friend did...oh Hiccup.'

Eva embraced Hiccup before easily lifting the preteen and placed him onto her lap. She heard a small yelp coming from Hiccup but she ignored it when she felt him relax.

"We can show you, Hiccup. Victor and I can show you the true meaning on how a family treasures their children, dearly and guide them – guide you to your full potential in life."

"That is if you accept us Hiccup,"Victor softly said.

"Y-You two...want me as...your son," said Hiccup in disbelief as he lifted his head from Eva's hug. "B-But you're a General! Don't you want a son that can fight! I don't even know how! Let alone lift up a weapon!"

"Oh nonsense, Hiccup,"  Victor said as he winked at him, "True, you need strength to fight but that is not what I am looking for in my army. No, using brute strength alone does not make a man but rather their minds."

Hiccup was giving a napkin to wipe his tears before giving Victor a confuse look.

"I'll explain later but right now, I need an answer from you,but" Victor said as he levels himself at hiccup's height to look at him directly. "Would you want to be a Ryder?"

Hiccup was speechless.

These two complete strangers agreed to be his adopted parents even after knowing about his past. These General wanted him, Hiccup the Useless – no wait.

He was no longer in Berk. He's no longer Hiccup the Useless.

"Hiccup," Eva said softly. She ran her fingers onto his hair again as he looked at her, "The moment I saw you, I got this feeling in my heart that is telling me to protect you. As if fate is telling me that you are meant to be my son...if you let us."

"...W-What...What about your other children?" Hiccup asked.

Victor smiled, sadly, "That's the thing lad. My wife can't bear a child and it's been her dream to be a Mother as it's my dream to have a son to teach like how my Father taught me."

Hiccup let out a small breath before widening his eyes.

"Wait! What about Toothless? Where will he be staying at?"

"I'm guessing Toothless is your dragon partner, correct?" Victor asked as Hiccup nodded. The General smiled, "Not to worry. I myself have a Thunderdrum named Storm and Eva here has a Terrible Terror named Loki. Your dragon is more than welcome in our home."

Hiccup wanted to let out a laugh. He couldn't believe what he is hearing but for the first time, he smiled, truthfully. He doesn't need to hide his 'weak' emotions any longer.

"I...I accept your offer."

Eva squeaked happily before embracing Hiccup once again while Victor was grinning, happily and patted his head softly.

Cassius grabbed hold onto his cup and lifts it up in the air, "Cheers for you Vic, my friend."

Victor nodded and grabbed hold onto his cup and lifted it as well. Iris had a smile on her face and Althea was dancing around with joy on her feet.

After breakfast, Althea guided Hiccup to the gardens to find their Furies. Hiccup was going to introduce his new adopted parents to his protective partner.

While they were walking, Althea was asking questions of what Vikings do for fun.

"There is nothing much really," Hiccup said as he tapped his chin, "I mean there are a few books here and there but other than learning to kill a dragon or fight, there is nothing to do."

"So you're telling me most of the Vikings in Berk can't read," Althea said.

"Yup, pretty much," Hiccup said. "There were a few that can read but in our language, Old Norse. I can show you if you want."

Althea smiled, "I would love to. Learning a new language is what I need to learn."

"How many languages do you know already?" asked Hiccup.

"Um let's see...there's Latin, Danish, French, Greek, Italian and I just started Norwegian,"Althea stated

Hiccup dropped his mouth in shock.

"You – that's a lot! I don't even know any of them!"

"If...If you like...I can teach you some,"Althea offered.

"Alright, you teach me a few of them while I teach you Old Norse," Hiccup said.

"Deal," Althea said before spotting their dragons by the large fountain. "There they are!"

Hiccup walked over to Victor and Eva, "Stay right behind me. Toothless can be rather...protective with me."

"I understand," said Victor while Eva nodded.

"Right, here it goes," Hiccup murmured as he took a deep breath, "Toothless! Come here bud!"

Toothless looked up to see his human before dashing over to him. He rubbed his head under his human's chin before sensing the four adults. The Night Fury wrapped his tail around Hiccup's waist and let out a small growl at them.

"Ah! Easy there bud! They are not going to hurt you or me!" Hiccup said quickly. He rubbed behind his ear, "The two people that are nearby Althea are her parents and the two people behind me...well they're going to be my new...parents."

Toothless gave him a confuse look before questionably glaring over at the two strangers. He slowly walked over to them before sniffing them.

The Night Fury doesn't want his human hatching to suffer any longer. He knows his hatchling was dealing so much negative emotions but there was nothing he can do to help him.

But what he can do is to protect him from harm.

Toothless suddenly smelled a familiar scent coming from the two unknown humans. They smelled like dragons as well but how?

He titled his head before giving Hiccup a questionably look.

"Um...I think he can smell your dragon's scent Victor," Hiccup said before widening his eyes. "I um...it's alright to call you your first name or do I have to call you Dad or Father?"

"For the time being, you can call me by my first name until you are comfortable enough to call me Dad," Victor replied before nodding. "And yes, I do believe Toothless can smell Storm and Loki."

Toothless titled his head again.

Hiccup sighs in relief, "You see bud Victor and Eva have dragon partners as well. Victor has a Thunderdrum while Eva has a Terrible Terror."

Toothless' ears went up before giving them a toothless smile. Maybe he can trust these two humans with his hatchling.

Victor laughed, "Glad to see you approve of us, Toothless."

"And I can see why you called him Toothless, Hiccup," Eva said. She smiled, "And quite an handsome Night Fury as well. It's no wonder why Shade has taken a liking to you."

Toothless blushes a bit while Shade hide her face upon Althea's chest.

Hiccup embraced his best friend, "I want to let you know how grateful I am to you. You have been there even though I took your freedom away but you still stayed by my side. And now...you found – we found another chance for a better future. You found your mate while I found a place where I truly belong...where I can be myself, do you understand me, bud?"

Toothless thought for a moment before nodding his head. He then licked his hatchling.

"Ah! Toothless, you know that stuff doesn't come out!"  Hiccup said as he tries to clean himself. He sighs before smiling over to his new parents, "I guess...he approves – Ah! Toothless, would you stop that!"

Victor laughed, "I believe so lad! Not too worry Toothless, we have plenty of room for ya and you can come and visit your mate as much as you like."

Toothless' eyes sparkle before jumping onto Victor and started licking him as well.

"Toothless!" shouted Victor and Hiccup as others laughed by seeing the scene.

.
.
.
.
.

~TO BE CONTINUED~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.6K 1.1K 27
Yes, it's another one of these but I really wanted to do another one and hopefully better than the other one. "What if we left for good?" "What do yo...
205K 4.6K 41
What if things went differently when Toothless came to save Hiccup during his final exam. What if Hiccup ran away with Toothless that day. Hiccup Ho...
351K 11K 111
[BOOK 1/1] You are your average fangirl, but an outcast to your family. Your mother died when you were just 3 months old. Your father thinks you are...
35.7K 910 14
It's been five years since Hiccup changed the minds of Berk, and everyone is happier for it. It's a more peaceful way of life, and it opens the doors...