Trapping the billionaire✓

By xoxek_12

When Ashley wakes up next to the billionaire Tristan Montenegro, her life spirals into more than she could ha... More

Trapping the billionaire
Chapter 1: The spoiled princess
Chapter 2: Get what you want no mater who gets hurt
Chapter 3: I think I saw my boss naked
Chapter 4: Unexpected visit
Chapter 5: Tell no one that this happened
Chapter 6: Walk of shame
Chapter 7: You sound familiar
Chapter 8: Diner with Madison
Chapter 9: I'm pregnant!
Chapter 10: How much will it cost?
Chapter 11: Where is a friend when you need one
Chapter 12: Emergency
Chapter 13: Bad Ideas
Chapter 14: New business arrangement
Chapter 15: Truth be told
Chapter 16: His way of paying me back
Chapter 17: There must be a mistake
Chapter 18: An offer you can't refuse
Chapter 19: Test results
Chapter 20: A decision to make
Chapter 21: How about dinner?
Chapter 22: A date with the boss
Chapter 23: The secret Cinderella
Chapter 24: Everything good happens with a hotdog
Chapter 25: Spilled the secret
Chapter 26: The break-in
Chapter 27: The announcement
Chapter 28: Someone in his league
Chapter 29: The other Montenegro
Chapter 30: Search for evidence
Chapter 31: Falling for the trap
Chapter 32: Mother in law
Chapter 33: Why would I be mad?
Chapter 34: Leonard's secret
Chapter 35: The universe must hate me!
Chapter 36: Her approval
Chapter 37: Trapped
Chapter 38: Full of visits
Chapter 39:What are you hiding?
Chapter 40: Just a little trip
Chapter 41: How about breakfast
Chapter 42: You could have died
Chapter 43: The new wife
Chapter 44: Family diner
Chapter 45: The truth can hurt
Chapter 46: Reaction
Chapter 47: Attempted murder
Chapter 48: A visit
Chapter 49: Confessions
Chapter 51: In Love and War
Chapter 52: Life must go on
Chapter 53: Who could have done it?
Chapter 54: Stanger danger
Chapter 55: A surprise visitor
Chapter 56: What the heck happened?
Chapter 57: You scared me
Chapter 58: A new chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 50: Surprises

9.4K 562 170
By xoxek_12

Ashley's POV

"Tristan is going to propose?" I asked. The tears suddenly stopped flowing as my mouth became dry.

I must have heard wrong. There was no way that would happen.

"Yes," Layla answered with a sigh. "I probably shouldn't have said anything. But anyway, we need to get you prepared for the day. We still have to decide on the dress and everything else," she replied.

I couldn't hold it in anymore. I tried to contain it but laughter abruptly erupted from my stomach.

I was beating the ground and holding my stomach to contain myself.

I had forgotten I was crying a minute ago.

She must have been joking.

Layla stared at me like I was some lunatic. I'm pretty sure right now she was thinking about having me committed instead of marrying me off to her son.

How did she even make this one up?

I knew she was crazy but her madness had gone too far for her to make up something like this.

"You've-just-made-my-day," I said as I continued laughing. My stomach was starting to hurt.

Laughing at this moment was the only thing that kept me sane.

Layla folded her arms as she stared at me sternly.

I was hoping that she would yell that it was a prank, but she never did. Was she serious?

"You are serious," I said, finally managing to stop myself.

"I can't say anything else because I've already said too much but I am sure this is happening." She answered.

Was I going insane and hearing things now? Maybe she was the one who needed to be committed.

"In that case," I sighed. "We'll probably have the shortest marriage in history. We'll be divorced within minutes of our marriage." I answered sarcastically.

Layla's face turned more serious as she bent down to sit next to me. "Look," she said. "This story doesn't end with him finding out the truth. It ends with you two together, and happy." She said.

Why did I like feel something bad was about to happen?

***

DAYS LATER

I picked my phone up from my nightstand and switched off the aeroplane mode.

I had twenty-three messages from Matthew, my dad.

I was still coming to terms with everything so the way I chose to deal with it was by ignoring it.

The father I wished for my whole life had turned into the man I wanted to avoid. I wasn't ready for the implications of being his daughter. Thinking about it, my life was perfect as it was.

With all those messages, there were none from Tristan.

I told myself that it was okay, that it was good for me to learn to be without him so my heart wouldn't hurt so much when I finally came to terms with the fact that I had to let him go. Maybe I will slowly forget him.

That's when the thought registered. Today was my birthday!

A smile spread across my face as I stared at the ceiling.

Twenty-seven and still living with my mom, I must be such a loser.

I sat up straight and pulled my legs off the bed. My leg had gotten a lot better. I still couldn't run and I was still limping, but the pain was almost non-existent.

I wondered what Mom prepared this morning. Usually on our birthdays, she would wake up very early and prepare a whole buffet. Waking up to the smell of homemade food has always been among my fondest childhood memories.

With a smile, I walked out of my room and went downstairs, taking each step cautiously.

For a brief moment, there was a peaceful silence around the house before the chaos started.

Mom and Katy walked in, both of them seemingly in a rush.

"Morning," I greeted. My words were left unheard as the two of them continued with their tasks.

"Mom, did you happen to see my white sneakers? I need them for practice?" Katy asked.

"Wherever you left them, you don't have a maid in this house!" Mom snapped.

Katy stumped her foot as she picked her backpack up angrily. "I have to leave now, I don't have time to look for it," Katy said.

"Then leave now and fix your face before it stays that way," Mom answered.

Katy turned in my direction, still maintaining an angry look. "Bye," she said before turning around and leaving the house. She closed the door with a bang.

I guess she was too upset to wish me a happy birthday.

Mom was busy fumbling through her bag as she mumbled some words to herself.

Everyone seemed upset in this house today. It was better if I stayed out of their way.

"Ashley," Mom called out stopping me in my tracks. "I have to leave now. I just got called in for a job. Make sure to lock up all the doors and don't let any strangers into the house. And oh..." She paused. "I didn't have time to make breakfast this morning, but you are old enough to take care of yourself." She said as she patted me on the arm.

She picked up her handbag before leaving the house.

I was reminded I was alone as I heard the door close.

Did everyone forget it was my birthday? I was starting to think I had the wrong date.

Nonetheless, I was starving. I don't usually wake up hungry but last night I deliberately left some space in my stomach hoping that I would wake up to a feast. But I guess I was finally getting the 'welcome to adulthood' introduction.

I sighed, walking to the kitchen.

Our fridge and cupboards were empty. There wasn't much I could eat except to make myself a peanut butter sandwich.

With my sandwich, I settled on the couch and switched on the TV. I guess this was how I was celebrating my birthday: Netflix and a peanut butter sandwich.

Hours passedby. I had just fallen asleep when I heard our doorbell ring.

It must have been midday already.

I sat up straight and walked to answer the door.

Was it even a good idea to open the door? What if someone was here to abduct me or something, or perhaps, murder me?

What did I have to lose? I'm sure no one would miss me.

Rubbing my eyes, I continued walking to the door.

If I had had the chance to stop myself, I would have at least bothered looking in the mirror.

I was stunned to open the door to Tristan. My heart nearly stopped just staring at him. He was dressed in a black suit with a coat over it.

"Happy birthday," He whispered as he held out a bouquet of red roses in front of me.

"Tristan," I whispered in surprise.

I tucked my hair behind my ear. I wish he had at least warned me he would be stopping by. I hadn't even showered. I'm pretty sure I had been drooling in my sleep.

"You didn't think I'd leave you alone on your birthday now did you?" He asked. His smirk extended into a smile.

I was still in shock. After all this time, he was in front of me. Was I still dreaming?

I really hope he was real because this was not a dream I wanted to wake up from.

To confirm I wasn't dreaming, I was surprised when Tristan suddenly pulled me into his arms.

"I missed you," I heard him whisper. His grip around me tightened. I wrapped my hands around him too. I missed him too. The two of us stayed like that for a while.

I felt the cold air between us again as he let go of me.

"I have a surprise for you." He smiled.

He handed me the flowers. He then picked up a shoe-sized box next to him which he handed to me. The box was white and covered with a red ribbon. "You should get ready, I have a surprise for you. I'll wait in the car." He informed.

"Okay," I answered shyly. Why was I acting like this? I had been around him so many times but why did he still make me so nervous?

He smiled before walking to his car.

I had to stop myself from staring before closing the door behind him. He disappeared for weeks without saying much and now he is back again. Deep down I thought I'd never see him again.

I should probably get ready as he said. I wonder where he was taking me. What should I even wear?

Giggling like a teenage girl, I walked up to my bedroom.

I placed the flowers on my bedside. I opened the box anxiously.

I was surprised to find a dress. It was a wide v-neck made with crystals in almost a see-through colour. It was knee-length with long sleeves. It was gorgeous and just my size too. Just staring it at I wondered how much it must have cost. I was getting curious as to where he was taking me. What if Layla was right? But no, that idea was absurd.

I looked out my window. Tristan stood outside, leaning onto the car as he stared at his watch impatiently.

I took the world's shortest shower then got dressed and matched the dress with some flat shoes I had of a similar colour. I used the bare minimum I had of some lipgloss and mascara. I hardly had any make-up. I was still struggling to grow out of the tomboy phase throughout most of my childhood. I brushed my hair to the sides and left it loose.

I took a final deep breath before leaving the house.

Why was I so anxious today? I needed to get a grip on myself.

I locked our front door, taking nothing with me besides my phone and my keys.

Tristan looked up as he saw me approaching. I noticed a look in his eyes that I hadn't seen before. I couldn't pinpoint what it was. He quickly masked it as a smile formed on his face.

He met me halfway, walking over to approach me.

"You look gorgeous," he said stopping me in my tracks. He went on to place a gentle kiss on my arm.

"Not too bad yourself," I giggled.

He hooked his arm into mine as he walked me over to the car.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked curiously.

"Don't worry, it's a surprise," he answered. He opened the car door as he gestured for me to step in.

I stepped into the car and buckled my seatbelt.

The rest of the car ride was silent as we listen to some music. I looked out the window trying to figure out where we were heading. I didn't recognize any of the buildings. I was just going to have to wait, the anxiety was killing me.

It must have been over an hour when the car finally slowed down.

It looked like a ranch, isolated and with a big open field and hills behind it. The house of all caught my attention, it was a gorgeous double-story house and almost blended in with the hills.

"Let's go," Tristan said as he gestured for me to step out.

I followed his instruction. He held my hand in his as we walked into the house.

The corridor was decorated with antique large vases with flowers along with some really expensive paintings.

"Where are we?" I whispered curiously. I was afraid that my voice would echo.

"You'll see in a moment," he answered.

We stopped in front of a double doored room which he then opened.

I had no idea what I expected to find but I expected to see nothing. The place was completely dark with no lights or windows open for sunlight. Why would he bring me here?

Then suddenly, the lights flickered on.

"Sur-prise!" I heard a crowd yell.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I stood in awe as everyone cheered.

It was a large hall and beautifully decorated with flowers and balloons on one side. I felt like I had just stepped into the met gala with everyone dressed to the theme.

Mom, Katy and Ivy were there along with Tristan's parents.

I noticed a few of my old friends along with some people I worked with at the hotel. For a place like this and all the decorations, it must have cost him a fortune.

"You didn't have to do all this, " I whispered to Tristan in shock.

"You deserve to be celebrated like the queen you are. Besides, I think it's time the world knew about the woman who has got me wrapped around her finger." He answered. He leaned in to kiss me on the cheek before pulling me for a tight hug.

Mom and Katy approached us as everyone clapped.

I noticed there were photographers too, along with a few unfamiliar faces.

"Happy birthday sweetheart. You didn't think I would forget, now did you?" Mom said pulling me into a hug.

Katy joined in on our hug. "Tristan has been planning all of this for a while. It was so difficult keeping it secret." Katy admitted.

She looked gorgeous in a silver floor-length gown. I wonder how long they had been planning this.

"Come on, we should leave her to speak to her friend." Mom excused herself, taking Katy alone with her.

"I must say, you hit the jackpot with that one," Ivy pointed towards Tristan with her glass.

He was now laughing and deep in conversation with his father.

I was fortunate to have known him, even if it was just for a short while.

"I'm going to go and get you a drink, that way we can get the real party started." Ivy cheered. I just hoped she wouldn't become so drunk she would start falling over the guests.

There were a few mumbles from some of my previous co-workers, most of them with smiles but I could already imagine what a gold-digger they thought I was. I wonder why Tristan invited them here.

A few other people came over to me to wish me well. The most shocking of all was seeing Vincent there. He still looked the same, handsome and laid back as always. It had been a while since I had seen him.

"Happy birthday." He smiled.

"I can't believe you are here," I answered.

"I couldn't miss this for anything in the world." He answered raising his glass. "Now, please excuse me. I have to find my uncle for a quick chat." He winked.

He pulled in for a hug before making his way to Tristan's dad.

I noticed Tristan in a far corner of the room, typing on his phone.

I was reminded of what I had promised myself. I told myself I wanted to tell him the truth. The time wasn't the most convenient but there he was. Maybe this was the only chance I would have with him to sit him down and tell him everything. That would be the gift I'd give myself, to free him from all this.

I took a final deep breath before approaching him. Layla was not going to be happy about this.

I cleared my throat grabbing his attention. "Could I please speak to you for a second?" I asked.

A worried look swept across his face.

It wasn't going to be easy doing this but it needed to be done.

"How about we take some pictures instead?" He asked. His face was back to normal as if he hadn't heard anything at all.

He gestured at a photographer a foot away. Before I could respond, a camera flashed in my face as Tristan wrapped his arm around my waist. It must have lasted for at least a minute.

"Excuse me, I'll be back in a second." Tristan excused himself. He took his cell phone out of his blazer as he stepped out.

Was he avoiding me or was I just losing my mind?

I was startled out of my thoughts as someone cleared their throat beside me.

I turned to look up and saw Tristan's grandfather.

Why was he here? I didn't think it was to celebrate my birthday.

Since he was here, I was surprised this whole thing hadn't already been shut down. He hated me.

"I hope you don't mind me stopping by. We were almost family after all." He smiled.

I remained frozen. Was he being nice to me? I had figured he'd just be straightforward and start insulting me. Was his smile genuine?

"You may never believe me but I am sorry about what happened to you." He continued. "Truce?" He smiled holding out his hand for a handshake.

I reluctantly agreed to shake his hand. I thought there would be some trick, but it was just that, a handshake.

"I won't inconvenience you any further. I really hope we will see more of each other." He said before excusing himself.

I couldn't believe it. Tristan's grandfather was being nice to me. Did that mean he could now tolerate me being around Tristan without offering me a payout? It would take me a lot more time to believe him.

I looked into the crowd. Layla and my mom seemed deeply involved in their conversation. It was almost like we were all just one family, but I couldn't have all of this based on lies. I needed to find Tristan.

I needed to free myself from this guilt.

I noticed Tristan in the crowd. Luckily, he was standing alone. I grabbed his arm, turning him to face me.

My heart was beating out of my chest. I could barely concentrate on anything. There were voices all around us with a man speaking on a podium to the guests.

"I was never pregnant," I finally confessed.

For a few seconds, it was as if the world had turned silent around me. It was just me and the blank look on Tristan's face.

I wondered what he felt. Angry or perhaps confused? I wasn't going to cover anything up anymore.

"How about a message for the birthday girl? Tristan, would you please come up on stage?" The MC called out on stage.

Everyone now had their attention on us as they waited for Tristan to walk to the stage.

What was I thinking? Of all places, why did I do it here? I could have pulled him aside to somewhere more private. That was the least he deserved.

Tristan remained frozen as he stared into my eyes.

I waited on his reaction, that he would explode and let everything out but the calm look on his face scared me even more.

Had he even heard me?

"I have to go," Tristan finally responded.

I would have expected him to walk out of the venue and rightfully so, but instead, he walked towards the stage. Calm and collective and as if nothing had happened at all.

I held my hands into a fist to keep myself from crying. You'd think that after all this time I'd have prepared myself for whatever reaction he'd have but I was more scared than ever.

Tristan stepped onto the stage, accepting the mic from the MC who then walked off the stage.

Everyone had their attention on his as he brought the mic closer to speak.

"Before I met Ashley, my life was black and white. Till you brought so much colour and so many other things I will never forget and will forever cherish." He paused. He stared at me intently from the stage.

This was his reaction?

I just told him the one truth that could shutter everything, and this was his reaction. Did he not care that I lied to him? Had he already known?

"Ashley, could you please come up to the stage?" Tristan called out.

I stood frozen and unable to respond. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. Everything in me told me to walk away that I should just run out of this venue and never come back.

But the crowd began closing in on me and cheered, everyone yelling out my name in unison as they clapped.

Before I knew it, my mother was behind me. Rubbing my shoulders as she encouraged me to walk to the stage.

The crowd cheered even louder. Without thinking, I found myself slowly moving towards the stage. I didn't know how my legs could even move.

Tristan held out his hand for me, helping me onto the stage.

I stood beside him, still in shock and with everyone's attention now on us. I noticed some people taking out their phones.

Tristan turned towards me before continuing his speech. "Before I met you, I did not trust anyone. But then you came along and I would never forget this important lesson you taught me." He smiled. "Who would have thought that such a person with such an innocent face would conspire with non-other than my very own mother? Thank you for teaching me how betrayal by the people you love and trust feels like." He paused.

There were gasps from the crowd as some people took out their cell phones. People turned over to look at each other confused. Several cameras were already flashing in our direction.

He knew, he knew about it all along. My mind was still processing that he had decided to do this, and here.

Tristan turned to look at the crowd. "Dear mother, you must have been so bored in your self-absorbed life that you thought it would be such an excellent idea to fool your son and do something as low as fake a pregnancy. I could have never expected this from you Ashley. I would have thought this of everyone except you. I really hope that you will be happy now because you really had me fooled." He continued.

Maybe it was the tears whelming in my eyes or the cameras flashing from all directions, but I could barely see. I could imagine what everyone in the crowd was thinking, the disappointed look on my mom's face.

"And mother, I really hope you become a better human being because you were terrible at being a mother. I hope you know that because of this you are dead to me." He paused. "And everyone, I hope you enjoy the rest of the party." He added. He then dropped the mic before walking off the stage.

__________________________

A/N: Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please comment down your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 60.6K 50
Needs to be heavily edited lmao Now, I'm alone with the beast . He stares into my soul causing me to gulp. "You're going to do something for me." He...
12.3M 6 1
UNDER MAJOR EDITING AND REVISION. CHANGES TO THE STORY LINE IS PROBABLE. "You are going to listen and do as I say-" she cuts him off, "You do not ow...
1.2M 40.5K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❤ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...
Isabella By Amber

General Fiction

14.2M 432K 34
When Ashley found out that she was pregnant with twins, she couldn't wait to share the good news with her husband. But when he got home later that ni...