Written Agreement (Kid x Read...

By MasclaraReign

You're a Charlotte while he's a crackhead---I mean he's a Eustass. You were doing just fine and had a great c... More

C1: Married To A Redhead
Chapter 2: Annoying
Chapter 3: Plan
ANNOUNCEMENT!
Chapter 4: VIP Room
C5: First Report
C 6: Written Agreement History
C7: What If's
C8: Scratchmen Apoo
C9: Punishment Day
C10: Lunch Date?
C11: Liar
C12: Dinner Disaster
C13: Betrayals
C14: Bonney
C15: Café
C16: Gift
C18: Conscience
C19: It Ended So Fast
Author's BS
C20: Lost
C21: Brawl
C22: Meeting
C23: Shattered
C24: Papers
C25: Clarification
C26: Visit
C27: Last Race
Author's BS
Final Chapter
Your Comment

C17: Heat

418 15 6
By MasclaraReign

The Eustass brothers are in the main office located on the top floor of the company building. Usually, they gather here when there's a big discussion about business or other matters just like today.

"Bro, don't you think it's time to stop this?" Wire asked.

"This is not right, brother. It could... No... It WILL hurt y/n if she finds out. This is not the correct way." Heat commented while looking at Kid with those gloomy aura circling around him.

"She said it herself, there was nothing intimate between us. I don't think it will hurt her feelings if she ever finds out." Kid said, a little lifeless while he stares into nothingness. He said it may not hurt your feelings but he's also concerned that his brothers may be right.

" Don't you care about her?" Killer said.

"I do--"

"Then what's the problem with her, Kid?" Killer interrupted him but calmly.

"Cavendish."

Everyone paused and all eyes darted on him. They didn't expect Cavendish to be his major concern because they've known the man before marriage.

"Every time he calls her, I can tell she's happy. When he invites her, she'd go as if they're close friends." Kid reasoned, throwing his hands in the air as his eyes darted on the ceiling.

"So, you're jealous?" Wire asked, anticipating a 'yes' as an answer but Kid acted like he didn't hear anything. "Ohhhh, you ARE jealous." Wire raised a brow and nodded along with Heat and Killer while Kid remained silent, glaring at the ceiling now.

"Bro, I thought you settled everything that night after the dinner at our mansion? Few more months and it'll be your wedding anniversary." Wire commented while he looks worried.

"We even helped you cover your issues with Bonney because we're your brothers but be considerate to Y/n's feelings too." Heat tried convincing Kid, almost pleading to stop whatever he is doing.

" But what if she had developed feelings for Cavendish? He's the good guy after all. And me? Tsk." Kid said.

"YOU are closer to her than Cavendish. You and Y/N has been sleeping in one bed once in a while and we saw how she cared for you when we brought you home intoxicated. Don't tell me you wanted sexual intercourse just to assure her loyalty, because I'll be disgusted." Killer gave him the side eye, visible under those curtain of bangs.

"What?! No!" Kid jolted and straightened from his seat. "I know her boundaries and I respect that. Sex is not necessary, I just... needed more proof to know she won't turn her back on me." Kid explained while his cheeks were dusted with airy pink.

"With Bonney being in the city and Y/N meeting her every once in a while...I doubt things can be hidden anymore." Wire said and sips his coffee.

"Remember the time she found out you're out with Bonney? Brother, how do you think she got those information? Someone out there is telling everything about you, it wouldn't be too hard for her to connect things again and finally realize you and Bonney were up to something fishy." Heat said.

"I'm afraid she'll just betray me someday. It's better to keep it like this until I can be sure of her." Kid said.

"Then why did you marry her and risked our property to the Written Agreement if you were not sure about her? It wasn't about business expansion, right? So why did you marry her?" Killer's point made Kid shut his mouth.

"Let's say Y/N has no feelings for you... if she finds out what you're doing, do you think she'll ever trust you or us again? Trust is everything." Heat sighed, stressed from all this bullshit of his brother. He stood up and headed for the door to find an escape from the heavy atmosphere. "If the marriage is important to you, you wouldn't treat her like a chess piece."

"Shut the fuck up!" Kid snarled and was annoyed by his brother's statement.

"Enough, your tones are getting higher." Killer reminded them. Kid sighed and went back to slouch on his chair. He has not spoken like that to his brother in years.

"I just thought you can treat her more than the way you love your brothers. I mean it sincerely because you are important to me, both of you are important to me. It will hurt me if you two cannot work things out in a more right way. " Heat spoke without looking at their youngest brother and went on his way, away from the office. Heat knew his brother is a tough one to convince, a hard-headed one but he loves him dearly. He'd rather leave than to argue with any of them.

Kid rubbed his face with his hand and sighed roughly. He knew Heat will be affected emotionally because he's already been attached to you like his own sister.

Wire slouched on the sofa while staring at the ceiling. Killer sighed and went to stand in front of the glass window. His eyes wonders around the busy city as his thoughts dive deeper.

'I'm still single but it feels like I'm a father handling teenagers. If only mom and dad were alive, they'll know what to do with Kid.'

----

Heat has been concentrating on his training with his team. The blue head has not visited the office for a few days now just to avoid Kid until his brother decided to fix everything.

On the other hand, Nami and Robin has returned to the city just for the meantime but enough time to help you with your project.

Together with your 5 employees along with Robin and Nami, all of you marched to the van while carrying boxes of sorted school supplies. You have called the owner of the store to sort a school supply package for you to donate. Each of the Charlottes who are working chooses different schools to donate school supplies for the students.

Cracker is your partner in donating to One Piece Elementary but since he's out of town, all he can do is give you the money to add on purchasing supplies. It wasn't a problem at all and you understood him.

While checking the supplies on the other van, you saw your brother-in-law who's walking casually on the other side of the road.

"Heat!"

He scanned the surroundings upon hearing his name until he finally saw you. His sullen look lighten up a bit as he immediately crossed the street to meet you.

"Hey guys." He greeted.

"Hi Heat" Nami tapped his shoulders.

"Hello Heat" Robin nodded to acknowledge him.

"What's with you Heat? Not busy with your brothers today?" You asked. You saw him grimace but was replaced with a smile immediately.

"Nothing much, but what are you guys up to?" He wondered.

"We'll be traveling later to the eastern part to distribute school supplies for the young ones, want to come?"

"Sure, but is this your project or something?" Heat asked.

"Yeah." You answered joyfully, proud of the preparation made.

"Y/n has been doing this once a year before the month of Christmas comes. We've been helping her out so we can reach more people who's in need." Robin explained.

"We need to travel again after two days so this distribution project became so abrupt today." Nami wiped the sweat on her forehead. Heat nodded from the information he learned.

"How come we didn't know about this? Did my brother know about this? We can help too."

"Uh, that wouldn't be necessary. It's okay, anyways... Let's go to the eastern part, the residents there told me they'll cook for us. You'll love their food!" You felt overjoyed with the anticipation of meeting those people again and introducing your great brother-in-law, a new companion.

The drive to the eastern took 3 hours. As expected, people were very welcoming and cooked for everyone. Because it's still morning, they offered fresh coffee, sweet potatoes and other morning snacks. After eating and the distribution of goods, Heat went to stand behind you.

"Hey? What's the matter?" You asked worriedly.

"Um, the children are looking at me. I think they're scared?" Heat almost whispered. By looking at him, you can tell that he's worried and concern with the children.

"No Heat. They are not scared." You smiled.

"Hey guys."

You two were distracted when Nami called for your attention from not so far away. Nami gestured for you two to come near her and the children she's talking to. Heat was a bit hesitant so you when behind him and pushed him carefully as you both approach Nami and the children.

"What's up?" You asked Nami.

"These children were asking me about Heat but I told them it would be better if they talk to the person himself, they're a little shy."

"Well, Heat? Would it be okay?" You look at him expectantly. "Also, I forgot to tell you... they know a lot about sports car racing." You giggled.

"Well, It's, it's okay? I guess?" Heat's face is a bit flustered and feeling shy from the new company. You and Nami laughed a little while watching them greet one another shyly.

Robin also came with three other children who were a little older than the others.

"Hello guys, these aspiring racers wanted an autograph from our friend, Heat. If that's alright?" She said politely. Heat scratched the back of his head while nodding, he clearly didn't expect this would happen.

"See? They recognizes you. You might rarely smile on your pictures but these kids thinks you're so awesome." You grinned.

"Mr. Heat, you look so cool in person, just like Ussop!" The three boys said in an awe and wasn't able to hold back the words with sparkles in their eyes.

----

Heat and the children had a lot of fun just by him sharing stories. The children asked about him, his experiences and the variations of cars they own.

From Heat's perspective, he thought the children would be afraid or be intimidated by him because of his outer look. Tattoos, natural sullen look and intimidating height. To his surprise, he was told how his tattoos looked cool on him and his blue locks. They also told him they wish to reach his tall height too when they grow up.

"Hey, Mr. Heat, aren't you also the brother of the 2021 Top racer, Mr. Kid?" Piiman asked, the boy who's wearing a green pepper-shaped hat.

" Heat would be alright, no need for formality. And Yes, we're brothers." Heat smiled.

" Wow, last year, we heard the adults talking about miss Y/N and Mr. Kid's marriage, is it true?" Momonusoke asked.

" Yes, they did and next year will be their anniversary. Just few more months. " He answered.

"Oh, that's nice." Tamanegi, the boy with glasses and brown hair, said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

" We saw the news about them when Mr. Kid got into a fight in an orphanage. That's the only story we heard about them because we don't have any phones to communicate with miss Y/N." Ninjin, the freckled boy with short spiky purple hair, said.

"Do they have BABIES?!" Tama cheered innocently.

Heat was truly overwhelmed but Tama's cheery smile got him smiling again. He sighed and looked over to your direction, a little far from them that you cannot hear their conversation.

"They're fine, guys. And there's still no baby. Maybe in the future." Heat answered.

"But...hmm, Mr. Kid is not here. Why is that?" Toko said and had everyone nodding with her innocently. Heat's brows knitted and tilted his head slightly.

He doesn't really know how to answer them. His own point of view will say 'they're not okay' but he didn't want to say such thing to them. To his knowledge, you and Kid are in good terms nowadays except he also know that Kid is doing something out of the line.

"Maybe he's busy. Remember what our parents told us? When we get old, we get busier." Momonusoke butted in when Heat took a while to speak, which is a good diversion before the blue head panics and run away just to avoid telling them about what he knows.

The day before marriage, Heat knew you and Kid will have a hard time getting along and it really was. But after some months, he was glad that the war between you two has simmered down. The only problem was Kid is still on with his shenanigans, which he didn't like.

Their conversation was interrupted when some of the adults announced lunch time. Because you came to visit, all of the residents gathered around to eat together.

Tama, Toko and Momonusoke went running ahead, leaving Heat with Piiman, Tamanegi and Ninjin. He learned that this trio will be sponsored by Ussop as an aspiring racers once they turn 17. Heat got inspired to try and sponsor Tama, Toko and Momonusoke once they get older.

"Is miss Y/N and Mr. Kid really okay?" Tamanegi said.

That caught Heat off guard questioning his mind on how to respond properly to them.

"Last year, when miss Y/N visited here before her wedding. We accidentally heard her talking to our school nurse." Piiman spoke. Heat turned his head to look at the boy beside him.

"What did you hear?" He still asked even though he already had the idea.

"Miss Y/N said she might have a miserable marriage life with Mr. Kid so she didn't want to inform us because we're his fans too." Ninjin said. When the boy realized what he said, he immediately panicked. "I-I know you're Mr. Kid's brother and we love watching his races when he was still in the field b-but that's what we heard."

Heat smiled. He understood that you didn't want to worry them or ruin Kid's name. The first few months of the marriage were truly a war between you two, he cannot deny that what they unintentionally heard was true.

"It's alright. You said Kid was once your favorite racer too so you know how he acts. Like a raging cat." Heat chuckled then placed a hand on top of Ninjin's head which made his eyes sparkle from the touch of his idol.

"That's the only thing we heard before they closed the clinic's door. Thankfully, they didn't see us." Tamanegi sighed.

The three boys sighed together, having long faces painted on their features. They couldn't imagine that the person who deserves such happiness has not found her happiness yet.

"They're fine." Heat said softly.

"If they were, Mr. Kid would be with you here. Miss Y/N only visits here once a year." Piiman pouted.

"Yeah, how is their relationship going?" Ninjin asked.

Heat hummed and glanced at you then the trio followed where his eyes are. There you are speaking to the residents while preparing the plates.

"About their relationship? That's not for me to answer." Heat said and the trio nodded as an acceptance.

"No worries buddies, it's not yet the end of the year. Maybe we'll come back here, who knows." Heat smiled and tried to be cheery despite of having a natural sullen look. He didn't want to give a false hope but he didn't want them to feel bad about the situation too.

" 'WE'?" Tamanegi felt excited immediately. "You mean to say, even you will come back to this poor town?"

"Poor? Never call this place poor. It's a wonderful place, it's clean, yummy foods, it's peaceful and has a great view. Of course, I will come back to this wonderful place." Heat said. A slight flash of his past touched his mind while roaming his eyes around the place. He never thought it's fun to go around places like what you do and this is his first experience to go far from the city.

They may have come from a poor start but their place has no peace nor clean water. Compared to his past, Heat knows this place is rich with cleanliness and discipline and the people around here cares for one another.

Surely, the Eustass have charity but they were not allowed by their secretaries and guards to go around places outside the city. Maybe it was a disadvantage of being a famous racer in the country and famous car brand company owners.

Speaking about secretaries and guards, Heat remembered he didn't tell them about his whereabouts. His phone had a lot of missed calls and messages but he didn't want to be stressed so he put it back to his pocket and shrugged it off.

"By the way Heat, we also have hot girls around here just like your age." Tamanegi smirked at him. Heat's smile was replaced with wide eyes and blushing cheeks. It never came to his mind that these youngster can talk like that.

"What the cow, Tamanegi. That's not a proper way to say it." Piiman reprimanded him.

"What's the proper way then?" Tamanegi raised an eyebrow.

"We have to ask Heat if he's single first."

"Then, are you single, Heat my friend?" Tamanegi asked like it's an investigation. Heat nodded stiffly in response.

"Great, let's go to Peronaaaaaa the school nurse! She's single too." Ninjin screamed with a fist raised above him as if he's going in for a rally.

"AYE!" Tamanegi and Piiman did the same.

"Wait...WHAT!? PERONA?!!" Heat became pale than usual upon hearing that name. He even felt his knees wobbling like vegetables as his heart beats faster than it should be. That's the only time he remembered he's wearing his racing overalls with a small 'P' located on his chest. The letter is designed with black and pink flowers with little ghosts on the side.

'The world is really fucking small, huh.'

I know Heat and Perona have zero interaction in One Piece series but I just thought their aesthetics matches each other. - Masclara

Written date: May 24, 2023

Twitter: @Masclara17
Tiktok: @masclara17
Youtube: Masclara
Facebook: Mas Clara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 1.3K 42
City of the Grandline, a place that people make to seem beautiful but is in fact a dirty hellish place. Full of criminals, gangs, drug abusers, and m...
128K 5.2K 29
(Y/N) has had anxiety for basically her whole life; crowds of people make her feel sick to her stomach, meeting new people makes her fidgety and unco...
139 0 6
The pic for the cover was from pinterest, so if the artist sees this (probably not) Please let me know, this art is beautiful! (*clears throat* anywa...
9.7K 485 39
After serving 4 years in the military Y/N returns to her home town and suffers a great memory loss at a crucial time in her life. A certain gang affi...