YORKTOWN (An Azur Lane Fanfic)

By CIWSPhalanx

An Arleigh Burke class destroyer, USS Downes (DDG-201) has just escaped from the Siren's aircraft after inten... More

BIO and Ship data
Teleported
Crimson Axis's War Declaration
Decision ( 1 )
Decision ( 2 )
Combat rescue (1)
Combat rescue (3)
Let's go home
Characters
Fight with no eyes
That dream
The Orochi (1)
The Orochi (2)
We all have no right for it
Evacuation (1)
Evacuation (2)
Behind all of this
Explaining chapter
Purifier
Commotion
Little sister?!

Combat rescue (2)

340 11 1
By CIWSPhalanx

I hope it won't be long on the island. A stealth knighthawk has been prepared on the heliport. Ready to be flown in. From the hangar we came out dressed and equipped with rifles and bulletproof vests.

This mission is a special rescue. The plan is to be dropped off at a ship belonging to the Enterprise that apparently ran aground when the water level receded. This mission is limited in nature. Only a few people were needed for this mission. Only me, Angelia, Mark, and three other marines are participating in this mission. The plan was for us to be dropped off on the deck of the Enterprise and begin the search there, followed by sweeping the rest of the area. The ship can't help too much because of the strong signal from the siren ships anchoring across the island. The ship is also currently activating ECM(6) to ensure that the radar from the siren ships cannot lock onto our ship's position.

''Alright everyone, this is our team deployment location. Angie, Aya, I want you to search the eastern area, Amery and Mike, you stand guard on deck, Mark and I will search the coastal area. Does everyone understand?

Everyone nodded. A sign of understanding.

''Aya, I want you to stay close with Angelia. Everyone else as well. Stay close, stay alert, and stay quiet. Put your NVG(5) on when on island, don't let it off until we return, everyone understand?''

''Roger that, sir''

I heard someone running from the direction of the hangar. We all turned around at once. It was Miss Yorktown.

''Are you leaving now, Captain Fletcher?

I stood up and faced her. ''There's no other way but to go there myself, miss.

''Can't the radar from your ship track it? Why aren't we closer to the island area?!''

''You're a shipgirl, miss.'' I said while tightening the helmet strap. ''You know the risks of sailing too close to shore.''

Yortown was silent for a moment. ''Right, it will run aground. Even if it's just a destroyer.''

''Besides, even if it's an advanced ship, it's vulnerable to coastal cannons. A single shot will destroy half of this ship.'' I explained. "Rather than all of them becoming casualties due to radar efficiency, it's better to send a few people there. I said.

Yorktown was silent after I said that. But that was the reality. I couldn't sacrifice so many of my comrades anymore after the biggest sea operation started. I had already lost many friends and comrades during this war. Thousands of sailors, along with the ships they had taken shelter on, were now resting in the cold and darkness of the ocean. Leaving behind everything they love. Their families, friends, fathers, mothers, their brothers or sisters. For the Motherland, and for mankind.

''To that end, I've promised myself. I will bring them back safely.''

''Whatever your reason...'' Yorktown said. ''Please return safely.''

''Roger that. I leave the leadership of this ship to you, Miss Yorktown.''

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cabin was eerily quiet. There was only the flapping sound of the helicopter's rotating propellers. The pilot flew the helicopter as low as possible to avoid being picked up by Siren or Iron Blood's radar. Once we were spotted, it would be over in seconds.

''Thirty seconds to the dropping zone!'' The pilot exclaimed as he lowered the altitude once more. The carrier ship Enterprise is already visible from here, right under the moonlight.

''Everyone, magazine check, equipment check.''

''Six for rifle, five for pistol, ready and hot, sir.''

''Ten seconds to dropping, zone! Get ready everyone!''

The pilot approached the deck from the port side and the crew began to open the cabin doors. Once the deck lights were green, we simultaneously jumped out of the helicopter and began to form a protective formation. We scanned our surroundings. It was quite quiet and nothing was visible in our NVGs.

''Goodspeed, people. That girl lives is depends on you.'' The pilot motivated while raising the helicopter back up. Instantly the helicopter flew away. It disappeared, leaving only its navigation lights still flickering. Flying back to the ship. Alright, now we are alone here. Accompanied only by moonlight as a means of seeing us out here.

''Check your sectors, everyone. Spread out.''

We all spread out from the gathering point. Even though we spread out, we could still see each other except for the ones checking the deck below the upper deck. I couldn't believe it. I'm walking on a legendary American battleship that earned 20 battle stars! More than that, this is the ship my grandfather saw when he served in the Pacific. He said it was a beautiful ship, and what he said was true.

"Deck clear, sir! Mark reported over the radio.

''Lower deck clear, sir!''

''Everything looks safe from up here, sir!''

''Copy that. Mike and Amery cover us from up there. We'll go down below.

''On it, sir!''

Me, Mark, Angie and Yorktown immediately set up the rappel rope for the descent. It was very dark down there and we could barely see anything. I quickly hooked my rope to the safety harness.

"See you down there!'' I jumped down.

The lower I go, the darker it gets. I could barely see anything if I didn't use the NVG. My other three companions soon landed and joined me down below. This place was completely deserted... the only sounds were the waves hitting the reef and the wind that started to pick up a bit. ''Alright according to the division everyone, you guys go east, me and Mark to the beach area. Radio for aid, stay close, and stay alert.''

''Pronto.''

We went our separate ways to our respective sectors of operation.The moon came back into view after hiding for so long behind the clouds. We walked with a sense of caution while observing the surroundings. The sea looked clean and there was no sign that indicated a ship had passed by. Maybe it was because it was prone to the appearance of Sirens or there was another reason not to pass this place.

''Sir, look at that!''

There was a coral reef that looked like it was falling apart not far from us. We hurriedly approached it. Inside, there was a projectile that was still preserved inside the rock.

''What is that thing?

''I don't know, but it looks like active ammunition.''

The ammunition seemed to glow in its red color. I activated my camera and recorded it, then contacted Ange who knew more about ammunition or projectiles.

''No, I've never seen ammunition like that. No type of ammunition has such a model and I can only measure it from here. It's about 208mm.''

That's a pretty big ammo. Probably for a cruiser. I put a mark on the hole so that tomorrow it could be checked and retrieved for our research materials. While I was making the mark. Mark, who was wandering for a while in the area near the water suddenly ran over in a hurry. Bringing a broken bow to me.

''I've never seen this bow before....wait...!''

This bow's bowsight... looks like the ship's platform from earlier....is it just my feeling or...'' I thought to myself as I compared the shape of this bow sight with the bridge of the mother ship from earlier which is still visible from here.

Is this Enterprise's bow?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the ship, the crew was still at their respective panels. The platform is completely silent. There was no sound except for the engine noise of the waves crashing against the ship. The crew on watch outside were seen going back and forth over the edge of the ocean. Everyone was on standby while I was gone. A sonar officer was deep in thought in front of his panel.

Beep!

There was a "Beep" sound from his panel. He immediately refocused on his sonar panel. Three dots were approaching the ship.

''Headquarters, we've got three contacts in 2-3-4, 200 nautical miles, east port.''

The sonar officer immediately increased the frequency of his sonar waves. The three objects became clearer. All three were submarines.

''Three contacts in 2-3-4, objects are identified as submarines. I repeat, object identified as submarine.''

The alarm was triggered immediately. Yorktown, who was appointed as the temporary captain immediately left the captain room and ran towards the bridge. ''What's going on?!'' she asked when he reached the bridge. ''Three submarines approaching from heading 2-3-4, 200 nautical miles, port south, Miss!''

''All hands on battlestations! Prepare for ASW battle! Radar and sonar, monitor their movements, observation crews, notify immediately if anyone spots torpedoes!  I wan't  aircrafts on air to help monitor their movements!''

''Consider it done, sir!''

The crew went back into high alert. The ship restarted and tried to take the initiative to defend. At the heliport, two Knighthawks of different types were preparing to fly. The flight crew, with their characteristic hand gestures, guided the two helicopters into the air. Two torpedoes, rockets, pair of 7.62mm gun, and sonar were installed in each area.

''Gravekeeper One and Two on air, people. Let's make this a short job.''

''This is Gravekeeper Two, let's show them what we made of!''

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We rejoined the beach. Ange reported that an foreign force had just landed. I decided to shorten this mission. If we didn't find her, we would have to leave this place. The wind intensified and the clouds began to cover the moonlight again.

''NVG on, people. This place is getting dark. We only have thirty minutes before they get our ass first. Everyone, be focused.''

Finally, we decided to do a last check before leaving the place since the weather was going to deteriorate. But... why was there no notification from the ship that the weather was going to deteriorate? what happened there? was this....

a trap?

''Oi.'' Ange tapped me on the shoulder. ''It's unusual for you to be daydreaming on a mission like this...?''

''It's rare to see the Captain daydreaming...'' Mark commented.

''Oh yeah.......are you thinking of her...??? a woman who visited you at the hospital...??'' Ange teased while gyrating her waist in front of me. Instantly my face turned red.

''W..what do you mean?!'' 

''Hahaha.... i know you did. Look at you redding face..'' Amery commented too.

''Ok, ok, enough you all! Let's continue! Remember, only thirty minutes!''

''Hahahaa.... alright, alright...''

We continued our journey. With my feelings still upset with Ange's treatment earlier. We just walked and walked without direction on the island. The wind was getting stronger and the moonlight was completely obscured by clouds. It instantly became pitch black. Minute by minutes passed without we know it. Wandering around incoherently with NVGs and flashlights on our rifles. Looking right and left, everything was just a coral field. Our current position was completely open to us. If the presence of the troops Ange said was true, two or five mortar attacks would probably take us out in under five seconds. This place was not protected at all. No cover around.

We climbed a rock and hoped that something could be seen from here.

''Ah... My NVG is out of battery...''

''Gosh... at a time like this... Alright everyone, deactivate your NVGs and start using naked eye visuals and flashlights. Only one person is using NVG as leader.''

''Sir, look!'' Mike suddenly called out to me.

Until we found something odd in this area. There was a building resembling a barracks. But it's slightly overhanging the sea.

''Barracks?''

''Are they stupid? How could they build barracks in such an open position? Ange's comment "Even a Fast Missile Ship can destroy it in an instant!''

''Whatever it is shouldn't be underestimated, everyone. But...'' I hung up my sentence. ''I feel like there's someone, waiting for us over there. Let's move everyone.'' I cocked the rifle and looked at the clock.

''Nineteen minutes left, let's make this short and efficient everyone.''

NVG(5) : NVG stands for Night Vision Goggles. Night Vision Goggles are optical devices that enhance vision in low-light or dark environments, allowing users to see clearly in conditions where natural light is limited. They work by capturing the available ambient light, such as moonlight or starlight, and amplifying it to create a visible image.

ECM(6) : ECM stands for Electronic Countermeasures or measures to counter electronic threats. It is a set of techniques and equipment used to disrupt or confuse electronic systems used by an adversary, such as radar, communications, or other sensors.

Gravekeeper One : Seahawk

Gravekeeper Two : Stealthhawk

Note : No one of this is my pictures, be advise

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 430 27
During the Siren-Human War, Montpelier got captured and the sirens Experimented her And a week later while Cleveland, Columbia and Denver search for...
16.6K 243 17
Two Different Worlds Two Different Timelines and Both have the Same Enemy. Then Both Worlds are Under attack By the same enemy an Advance Alien Human...
3.4K 87 115
(Azur Lane X Girls frontline X The Division X World of Warships) "I'll only say it once and once only, I am the only one who can stop this madness bu...
19.2K 574 28
When Takao was about to be sunk/Killed as a target ship until a Female Knight with golden armor gave her some time to escape and from there she was h...