His Angel

By Bee_Vomit_Queen

I OWN NOTHING!!! I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF THIS!!! IT IS JUST A FANFICTION MADE FOR FUN!!! Male!Esmeral... More

Before we start
Chapter 1 - The Bells of Notre Dame
Chapter 2 - Longing To Leave
Chapter 4 - A New Arrival
Chapter 5 - Festival of Fools
Chapter 6 - It All Comes Crashing Down
Chapter 7 - Within Stone Walls
Chapter 8 - God Help The Outcasts
Chapter 9 - Not A Monster
Chapter 10 - Heaven's Light
Chapter 11 - Hellfire
Chapter 12 - The Search
Chapter 13 - A Girl Like You
Chapter 14 - Hide The Evidence
Chapter 15 - The Court of Miracles
Chapter 16 - An Attack On Notre Dame
Chapter 17 - Smite The Wicked

Chapter 3 - One Day Out There

3.9K 102 63
By Bee_Vomit_Queen

The air almost seemed to chill at the mere presence of Frollo as he gazed down at his wards with zero warmth in his eyes. Quasimodo cowered under his gaze as he took a few steps back. (Y/N) followed in lowering her gaze, neither of them wanting to face their master's sinister stare.

"Um, g-good morning, Master." Quasimodo stuttered.

"Dear boy, whomever are you talking to?" Frollo questioned as he stepped into the bell tower.

"My...friends." He answered quietly.

"I see." Frollo stated as he tapped one of the gargoyles on the head, having turned back to stone before Frollo could see them moving about. "And what are your friends made of, Quasimodo?"

"Stone."

He was forced to meet Frollo's gaze as the man lifted his head and asked, "Can stone talk?"

"No, it can't."

"That's right. You're a smart lad." Frollo smirked as he walked on before noticing (Y/N). He beckoned her forward with one finger and she was quick to come over, bowing slightly when she stood before him.

"Hello, Master." She greeted softly, flinching slightly when she felt Frollo pat her head before running his fingers through her (H/C) hair.

"Hello, my dear." Frollo greeted her before holding up his basket for her to take. She sheepishly took it in her hands, earning an extra pat on the head as Frollo announced, "Now, lunch."

Upon hearing these words, Quasi dashed off to retrieve their lunch utensils while (Y/N) set out everything that was in the basket onto a small table. Frollo leisurely took a seat just as Quasimodo returned, placing a silver plate and chalice in front of Frollo while giving himself and (Y/N) two wooden plates and cups.

As the two siblings took their own seats across from Frollo, he pulled out a book and began to speak, "Shall we review your alphabet today?"

"Yes, Master. We would like that very much." Quasimodo answered.

"Very well." Frollo began to pour some wine into his chalice as he turned to face (Y/N). "Why don't you start us off today, (Y/N). 'A'?"

"A-abomination." (Y/N) answered, the word leaving a sour taste in her mouth, especially with her brother sitting right next to her.

"Good. Quasimodo, 'B'?"

"Blasphemy." He answered.

"'C'?"

"Contrition."

"'D'?"

"Damnation."

"'E'?"

"Eternal damnation."

"Good. 'F'?"

"Festival." Quasimodo blurted.

(Y/N) stiffened as Frollo spat out his wine. 

"Excuse me?" He questions.

"H-He said 'forgiveness'!" (Y/N) stuttered, trying to calm the older man but it was too late.

"He said 'festival'."

"No!" Quasimodo quickly denied.

"You are thinking about going to the festival." Frollo concluded as he stood from his chair, his glare falling to Quasimodo before drifting to the guilt-ridden expression of (Y/N). "And you've convinced your sister to do the same." He began to walk over to the stairs, descending them, as the siblings chased after him to try and explain themselves.

"It's just that you go every year." Quasimodo explained.

"I am a public official. I must go!" Frollo sneered, dreading the very thought of having to attend the event. "But I don't enjoy a moment. Thieves and cutpurses, the dregs of humankind, all mixed together in a shallow, drunken stupor."

"We didn't mean to upset you, Master." (Y/N) softly stated, lowering her gaze along with her brother.

Frollo walked out onto another balcony, gazing out at the view of the city while the siblings remained in the doorway.

"I know you didn't, my dear but can't you both understand?" He turned to face them, a look of almost pity on his withered, old face. "When your heartless mother abandoned you as a child, Quasimodo, anyone else would have drowned you. And sweet (Y/N), your father was a criminal who was punished for his crimes and he never once stopped to think how his actions could have affected you. And this my thanks, for taking you both in and raising you as my own children?"

"We're sorry, sir." (Y/N) mumbled sadly.

Frollo made his way over to them, taking (Y/N)'s chin into his hand and had her gaze at him. His touch was rough against her fair skin and he allowed himself to revel in how soft it felt.

"Oh, my sweet, innocent (Y/N) and my dear, Quasimodo. You don't know what it's like out there. I do. I do."

🎵Frollo: "The world is cruel. The world is wicked."

Frollo placed a hand on each of their shoulders, making them look at him and listen to what he was saying.

🎵Frollo: "It's I alone whom you can trust in this whole city. I am your only friend."

He looked at both siblings as they nodded at his words.

🎵Frollo: "I who keep you, teach you, feed you, dress you."

He looked over at Quasimodo.

🎵Frollo: "I who look upon you without fear."

He looked over at (Y/N), running his fingers through her hair.

🎵Frollo: "I who keep you pure, my dear."

He slowly began to back away, back inside the bell tower. The siblings obediently followed him, back inside to what he called their sanctuary.

🎵Frollo: "How can I protect you both unless you always stay in here. Away in here?"

"Remember what I taught you, Quasimodo." 

Frollo made his way up the stairs, the siblings following behind him. (Y/N) hesitated slightly but started ascending nonetheless.

🎵Frollo: "You are deformed."

🎵Quasimodo: "I am deformed."

🎵Frollo: "And you are ugly."

🎵Quasimodo: "And I am ugly."

🎵Frollo: "And these are crimes for which the world shows little pity. You do not comprehend."

🎵Quasimodo: "You are my one defender."

They stopped in front of the city model that Quasimodo had built. He picked up his figure and gazed at it sorrowfully as he took in his master's words. 

🎵Frollo: "Out there, they'll revile you as a monster."

🎵Quasimodo: "I am a monster."

🎵Frollo: "Out there, they will hate with scorn and jeer."

🎵Quasimodo: "Only a monster."

(Y/N) couldn't help but feel that their master's words were unfair. She didn't see Quasimodo as a monster and she held on to hope that there were good people out in the world. People who wouldn't judge him on how he looked. People like her.

(Y/N) noticed the saddened look on Quasimodo's face and moved to console him when Frollo stepped in front of her. She tensed up as he towered over her, his gaze as cold as ever.

"And do you remember what I taught you, (Y/N)?" Frollo questioned.

"Y-yes, Master."

🎵Frollo: "You are sweet."

🎵(Y/N): "I am sweet"

🎵Frollo: "But you are naive."

🎵(Y/N): "I am naive."

🎵Frollo: "And you are too pure for this wicked world to see. You are a human angel."

He cupped her cheeks in his hands as she answered back.

🎵(Y/N): "Only for you to protect."

🎵Frollo: "Why invite their calumny and consternation? Stay in here, be faithful to me."

He moved the girl over to the table and she too picked up her own figure. She stared down at it almost longingly as she placed it in the city.

🎵Siblings: "We're faithful."

🎵Frollo: "Grateful to me."

🎵Siblings: "We're grateful."

🎵Frollo: "Do as I say. Obey."

Frollo took their figures into his hands and moved them both back into the cathedral.

🎵Frollo: "And stay in here."

🎵Siblings: "We'll stay in here."

Frollo went to leave, having successfully made sure the siblings knew their place. He was stopped as Quasimodo called out to him.

"You are good to us, Master. We're sorry."

"You are both forgiven. But, remember, Quasimodo and (Y/N) this is your sanctuary." He told them, smirking before he left.

"Our sanctuary." They both sighed out dejectedly.

(Y/N) looked around at the walls that surrounded them and hugged herself for comfort. All she had ever really known was the church. Quasimodo walked over to the table, gazing around the bell tower as well, as it was all he had ever known.

🎵Quasimodo: "Safe behind these windows and these parapets of stone. Gazing at the people down below." 

(Y/N) walked over to a window, gazing down at the people who were laughing and still full of excitement for the upcoming festival.

🎵(Y/N): "All our lives we watched them as we hide up here alone. Hungry for the histories they show."

Meanwhile, her brother picked up a fallen figure and placed it back on the table.

🎵Quasimodo: "All our lives we've memorized their faces. Knowing them as they will never know us." 

His sister came back over, smiling slightly as she took their figures out of the cathedral and placed them in the city, amongst the other figures.

🎵(Y/N): "All our lives we wonder how it feels to pass a day. Not above them..."

🎵Quasimodo: "But part of them."

The siblings ran over to the balcony, Quasimodo picking up his sister with one arm while sliding down a column with the other. They reached their gargoyle friends, giving them all a hug.

🎵Siblings: "And out there, living in the sun. Give us one day out there, all we ask is one, to hold forever. Out there, where they all live unaware."

🎵Quasimodo: "What we'd give..." 

🎵(Y/N): "What we'd dare."

Both siblings stood to stare out at the city as they sang out with all their hearts.

🎵Siblings: "Just to live one day out there!"

🎵Quasimodo: "Out there among the millers and the weavers and their wives." 

🎵(Y/N): "Through the roofs and gables we can see them."

🎵Quasimodo: "Every day they shout and scold and go about their lives."

🎵(Y/N): "Heedless of the gift it is to be them."

Quasimodo once again picked up his sister and slid them down a water drain, splashing glistening drops all around them.

🎵Siblings: "If we were in their skin! We'd treasure every instant!"

🎵(Y/N): "Out there, strolling by the Seine. Taste a morning out there like ordinary men."

While (Y/N) continued to admire the view of the Seine River, from the end of the drainpipe, Quasimodo started to climb the cathedral's tower. Going higher and higher until he made it to the very top where he could gaze out at the whole city, in all its wonder and beauty.

🎵Quasimodo: "Who freely walk about there. Just one day and then we swear we'll be content, with our share."

As the two gazed out at the city, they both seemed to decide that they wanted one day. Just one. One day to roam about the city. Then they'd go back to hiding in the church and bell tower. But they just wanted this one day and they were going to reach out and make the most of it.

🎵Siblings: "Won't resent, won't despair, old and bent, we won't care. We'll have spent one day out there!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219 6 4
So, this is a very short Freddy Kruger x reader fanfiction. the reader is completely gender neutral and this story in itself is completely effed up...
6.2K 56 14
I watch that movie 3 or 4 times so i thought i could make chickenhare x reader. It's gonna be crappy but i'll try my best so hope you'll enjoy the st...
8.5K 220 23
crackfic-esque. writing this bc im hyperfixated on these stupid movies and i have no other outlet for said hyperfixation. pls help me. this takes pla...
38.2K 1.3K 16
I OWN NOTHING!!! I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF THIS!!! IT IS JUST A FANFICTION MADE FOR FUN!!! Male!Chel X Female!Reader Based on the movie but a r...