The Twisted Tale of The Littl...

By YeahImLonelyToo

Tendou is a merman. _-*~Surprise~*-_ He's never found interest in his life under the water, he's much more en... More

_-*Chapter 1*-_
_-*Chapter 2*-_
_-*Chapter 3*-_
_-*Chapter 4*-_
_-*Chapter 5*-_
_-*Chapter 6*-_
_-*Chapter 7*-_
_-*Chapter 8*-_
_-*Chapter 9*-_
_-*Chapter 10*-_
_-*Chapter 11*-_
_-*Chapter 12*-_
_-*Chapter 13*-_
_-*Chapter 14*-_
_-*Chapter 15*-_
_-*Chapter 16*-_
_-*Chapter 17*-_
_-*Chapter 18*-_
_-*Chapter 19*-_
_-*Chapter 20*-_
_-*Chapter 21*-_
_-*Chapter 22*-_
_-*Chapter 23*-_
_-*Chapter 24*-_
_-*Chapter 25*-_
_-*Chapter 26*-_
_-*Chapter 27*-_
_-*Chapter 28*-_
_-*Chapter 29*-_
_-*Chapter 30*-_
_-*Chapter 31*-_
_-*Chapter 32*-_
_-*Chapter 33*-_
_-*Chapter 34*-_
_-*Chapter 35*-_
_-*Chapter 36*-_
_-*Chapter 37*-_
_-*Chapter 38*-_
_-*Chapter 39*-_
_-*Chapter 40*-_
_-*Chapter 41*-_
_-*Chapter 42*-_
_-*Chapter 43*-_
_-*Chapter 44*-_
_-*Chapter 46*-_
_-*Chapter 47*-_
_-*Chapter 48*-_
_-*Chapter 49*-_
_-*Chapter 50*-_
_-*Chapter 51*-_
_-*Chapter 52*-_
_-*Chapter 53*-_

_-*Chapter 45*-_

13 2 1
By YeahImLonelyToo

Ushijima POV

*************************************************************************************************************

I woke in a cold sweat, only to feel my heart drop further upon the realization that Satori wasn't here. Feeling the empty spot beside me, I knew he had been gone for a long while. The sheets were cool, completely lacking the warmth that he gave off.

I sat up quickly and stumbled out of bed, glancing around earnestly, hoping that perhaps he hadn't actually left. Maybe... just maybe.

But that hope was crushed when I noticed the absence of his little pile of clothes and the presence of the messily folded nightshirt on my nightstand.

My breath caught in my throat as I gently picked up the fabric, the folds coming undone easily.

"No..." I exhaled softly, sitting on the edge of my bed, scared I might collapse, "No...Satori."

I buried my face in the fabric, which smelled vaguely of the salty ocean breeze; his signature scent. My heart thudded painfully in my chest, longing to be reunited with him.

I thought of his red hair, his smile, his long limbs, and beautiful eyes. Just thinking of him made me hurt even more. But I can't help it.

It's like receiving the punishment of Tantalus himself. What I want is held just inside my reach, yet when I stretch for it, it withdraws.

I rose quickly, and rushed out of my room, climbing hastily down the trellis and sprinting toward the seashore.

Arriving at the waterline, seeing the waves peacefully crashing against the land and the faint indents of feet, the reality hit me. He was gone. He left me behind.

But as much as I wish I could hate him, I couldn't. I couldn't because it wasn't possible. My heart was tied to his, even if he grew to hate me or found only disgust looking at me; my love would remain.

It frustrated me that I couldn't explain why. But sometimes there is no why.

I collapsed to the sand, a whirlwind of emotions inside me, and screamed. My voice carried with the wind, a song of torment and pain, pain caused by love. The pain that leaves the deepest wounds and hurts the most.

Satori, my love, even if it takes you years to return, I will be waiting. Everyday. Every hour. Every second of my life. I'll be waiting. Because what other purpose of my life is there than to be beside you?

***********************************************************************************************

What is a book you weren't expecting to like but ended up loving?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86K 8.3K 60
Water. It can be powerful and devastating, destroying everything in its path. The ultimate killer. Or it can be calm, soothing, and gentle, something...
1.6K 47 11
Entering the fuedal era accidentally or rather being pushed in, your whole life changes faster than you can keep up with. During all these strange oc...
3.1K 197 15
(Shota Aizawa x Mermaid! Reader x Hizashi Yamada) Poly! -BOOK THREE of the Lush Life series! • One second, two seconds and the world had gone silent...
714 22 9
Cover credits to @rinriemie on twitter ⚠️Warning⚠️ Adult themes, not appropriate for minors: Swearing, smut, fisical and probably also mental violen...