Classroom of the Elite: Ichin...

By karlqn

What would happen if Ichinose Honami instead began in Class-D? What will change and how will things proceed... More

Prologue
Chapter I - A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
Chapter II - The Defective Products That is Class-D
SS - The Enigmatic Encounter: Ichinose Honami's Curiosity Awakens
Chapter III - Education Is The Foundation Upon Which We Build Our Future
Chapter V - The Strongest Bonds Are Forged In The Fires Of Adversity
Chapter VI - The Worst Form Of Inequality Is To Try To Make Unequal Things Equal
Chapter VII - Love Is The Art Of Blending Two Souls Into One Harmonious Melody
Chapter VIII - The Roots Of Education Are Bitter, But The Fruit Is Sweet
Chapter IX - When Tyranny Becomes Law, Revolution Becomes Order
Chapter X - Deception Is The Dark Alley Where Ignorance And Education Collide
Chapter XI - Where There Is No Vision, There Is No Hope
Chapter XII - All Warfare Is Based On Deception
SS - A Heart's Symphony: Ichinose Honami's Melody of Love
Chapter XIII - Fortune Favors The Bold, And We Are The Embodiment Of Fortune
Chapter XIV - Judging Others Makes Us Blind, Whereas Love Is Illuminating
Chapter XV - Whoever Has Faith In The Beauty Of Their Dreams Has The Future
Chapter XVI - The Best Way To Predict The Future Is To Create It
Chapter XVII - In The Middle Of Every Difficulty Lies Opportunity
Chapter XVIII - Falling Is Inevitable, But Glory Lies In Rising Again
Chapter XIX - To Enforce, Then One Must Have Force
Chapter XX - Ambition Is The First Step Towards Turning A Dream Into Reality
Chapter XXI - Life Is A Balance Between Holding On And Letting Go
Chapter XXII - The Greatest Battles Are Often Fought Within Oneself
Chapter XXIII - She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not
Chapter XXIV - I Could Make You Care
SS - Unveiling Visions: Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's Dreams
SS - Unveiling Visions: Ichinose Honami's Dreams
Chapter XXV - And Then There Were Two
Chapter XXVI - Till Death Do Us Part
Chapter XXVII - Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder
Chapter XXVIII - All's Fair In Love And NTR

Chapter IV - Friendship Is A Single Soul Dwelling In Two Bodies

2.6K 110 22
By karlqn

Shortly after I finished talking to Ayanokouji-kun back at the school courtyard, I received an email from the Student Council through my phone. My heart raced as I knew what this email was about so I just couldn't bring myself to open it.

After 4 or so minutes of panicking internally, my anxiety subsided and I finally worked up the courage to open it.

TO: Ichinose Honami

FROM: Horikita Manabu

After careful consideration, we members of the Student Council have elected to reject your entry.

Though we found no issues with your application, we have judged your character to be unfit to join the council during the interview process. Despite past experiences or any sort of special talents you may hold, we as a whole decided that certain requirements must be met for acceptance. Understand that this is not a negative evaluation of your abilities or potential.

Of course, you will be free to ask any questions in regard to your denial however, refrain from touching on any subject that correlates with the Student Council's entry requirements and such.

Thank you.

When I read the email in it's entirety, I couldn't take my eyes of it and kept rereading it six more times until something finally clicked in my head. I must admit, I am disappointed but if the Student Council doesn't find me good enough, then so be it.

After getting the disheartening rejection letter, I decided to head to Keyaki Mall to take my mind of things since there's a lot going on this month. There's the struggle of getting everyone in our class to join the study groups, the fact that we're currently being targeted by Ryuuen-kun, and the fear of expulsion.

I'm also curious about Ayanokouji-kun too. Earlier in the library, he managed to solve equations the second I ask him to. It's pretty weird, when Chabashira-sensei posted everyone's scores on the board, Ayanokouji-kun was close to the bottom at a score of 53, I don't buy his excuse either. He tells me that he just needed to adjust to the norms that the exams had but he's lying, no one ever says something like that.

As I was walking while thinking about Ayanokouji-kun, I bumped into Nagumo Miyabi-senpai, who was the Student Council Vice President. Though I've only seen him during the interview process, we never really interacted as he was simply observing while Horikita-senpai asked me questions.

"Ah, good evening, Nagumo-senpai," I greeted.

"Ichinose, perfect timing. I've been meaning to speak with you."

Speak with me? If I had to assume, then Nagumo-senpai might've wanted to talk about my rejected application to the Student Council.

"Is there something I can help you with, senpai?"

"Yes, what exactly did the President have to say? I've only got word you were rejected but nothing more."

"Oh, um, he told me that I'm not fit to join the Student Council because of something during the interview.."

"In that case, would you say you're still interested in joining?"

I was confused by what Nagumo-senpai had meant, I mean, I can't say I don't want to join anymore but I was rejected. That can't be undone, right?

"Well, of course, but I got denied."

"That's true, but the way I see it, your denial was unjust. I've read through your history, you were Student Council President back in your third year of middle school, that's more than enough qualifications in my eyes."

"I appreciate the compliments, Nagumo-senpai, but that doesn't change the fact that I was rejected."

"You would like for me to tell you why you got rejected, then?"

I know I shouldn't, the email I got told me that I can't ask about things like that but I couldn't help myself. I was curious. I don't mean to be narcissistic in any way but I don't think my my personality is the problem, nor is my grades. I have a good idea of what type of person I am in front of other people and I still can't seem to understand why I got rejected.

"Is that.. okay..? For me to know, I mean."

"Of course, I'm the Vice President after all, you can trust me," Nagumo-senpai said.

"Um, so, what is it then?"

"Simple, it's because you're in Class-D. President Horikita is the type of person who prides himself on status. He just wont accept anyone who's in a class like that."

"I-I see.."

It didn't really look that way at all to me. I'm sure Horikita-senpai seems like it at first but he didn't appear to be someone obsessed with people's status.

"There's nothing I can do about it then, can I?"

"That's not true, all you have to do is get to Class-A," he continued, "It shouldn't be a problem for someone like you who is both astute and smart."

"I don't mean to sound blunt, Nagumo-senpai, but that's out of my reach right now."

"Are you sure? You could use 20,000,000 private points to transfer out."

"That's true but.. There's no way I could collect that many points and I can't abandon my class."

"Then how about I make you my secretary after I become President?"

"..!"

The atmosphere Nagumo-senpai had had changed as the smile on his face grew. At this point, I didn't know what he was getting at but there's no doubt in my mind that there's a malicious intent behind it.

"Wh- what do you mean?"

"Hypothetically speaking, should President Horikita be removed from his position, then that would mean I succeed him as President, yes?"

"I g- guess so.."

"If that happens supposedly, then I would like to make you my secretary. Sounds favorable to the both of us, doesn't it?"

I'm absolutely certain that Nagumo-senpai has been purposely wording his sentences like this. Using hypotheticals so even if I was recording him and tried to report it, there's nothing Horikita-senpai could try to do except defend himself. I don't want my class to get caught up in something like this but if push comes to shove, I will have to sacrifice myself to make sure my class moves on. I wont let them get involved in my own personal problems.

When I was about to respond, Nagumo-senpai looked at this phone.

"Hm, it looks like it's time we part ways here. Remember what I said, Ichinose."

With that, he left me and walked in the direction of the second year dormitories. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about our conversation so I continued my journey and headed to Keyaki Mall, as I had planned at first.

Immediately upon getting there, I saw Kikyou-chan by herself at the entrance of the mall, I would've called out to her but I hesitated a bit and decided not to. When I entered, I travelled around the second floor for a little bit until someone caught my attention, I saw Sakura Airi-san. To be honest, I wasn't expecting them to be here. In class, they're a lot like Ayanokouji-kun, they keep to themselves so you couldn't imagine my surprise when I saw her near the electronics store albeit wearing some kind of mask and hat, I wonder if she's sick or something.

I didn't want to scare her but it was out of curiosity that I started to follow her silently around a little bit as she perused through the camera section. I've realized that something like this could amount to stalking so I left her alone and ended up buying a small drink for myself and leaving the mall.

As I was walking back to the dorm, many thoughts went through my head and I tried to get my emotions under control but if something were to happen to my class because of me, I won't be able to bare it. Maybe if I had someone to rely on right now but.. I don't think anyone in my class would be able to help me in this, I don't think I should even get them involved in this either.

But still.. what should I do? I still want to join the Student Council but if it means that Nagumo-senpai would use underhanded tactics in order to remove Horikita-senpai then I don't want any part of it. If I warned Horikita-senpai about it, then my classmates might end up being targeted by Nagumo-senpai. If I simply ignore it, Class-D could possibly be caught in the crossfire regardless. I was at a point in my life where I didn't know what I should do.

No, I shouldn't let any of this get to me yet. I'll worry about these problems later, what's important now is that I make sure no one in my class is expelled. I'll focus on the study group and ask for Hirata-kun's opinions as for how we should move forward in our class in terms of academics. I'll definitely make sure Class-D isn't treated the way they are now, if we were defectives to begin with then that can change. I'm sure of it.

I finished my drink and threw it away in the designated bin on the side of the path I was walking on and noticed something that was happening further up ahead, it was Ayanokouji-kun talking with Horikita-senpai. It was fascinating to me, I didn't think they knew each other. Should I walk up to them? I don't want to interrupt their conversation but it should be fine right? Ayanokouji-kun is my classmate.

Before I took a step forward though, both Ayanokouji-kun and Horikita-senpai noticed me and stopped talking about whatever is was they were discussing, Horikita-senpai said something to Ayanokouji-kun and shortly left, walking past me and headed to what I could assume is the third year dorms.

"Sorry, I didn't happen to interfere in anything, did I?" I asked Ayanokouji-kun.

"No, we were just wrapping up."

"Oh, okay. What did Horikita-senpai say?"

"It's nothing important, we just happen to run into each other."

"Uh, yeah, I guess we'll leave it at that then," I answered.

To add more to the confusion Horikita-senpai was talking to Ayanokouji-kun alone. I didn't know Ayanokouji-kun all that well but there must've been something that has happened, he can't just say it's nothing important. I was dying to know what their conversation was about but I had enough of my curiosity getting the better of me. Whatever it was, I hope it's some good news for a change.

From there, both me and Ayanokouji-kun walked back to the dormitories as I started talking about minor things. Often times he would just not respond or add any substance to our conversations but that's fine by me, as along as he listens to me, it's okay.

Any who, now that we're here, tomorrow I must find someway to get our class succeed, regardless of everything today. We need to survive the next exam.

-

decided to switch it up a little and use honami's pov for this chapter

next chapter will clear up why ayanokouji was talking with manabu which means ill also switch back to use ayanokouji's pov for a bit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 213 6
One-Shot Book (Mainly dabbles in crossovers) Been around the COTE community for a year or two, reading and lurking within the shadows, and now, I hav...
203K 4.7K 29
What would happen if Ayanokoji was confident, arrogant, and cocky? One day his father decides for him to join ANHS to showoff his abilities against t...
302K 3.6K 15
In an alternate universe where Ayanokōji Atsuomi humored the desires of Ayanokōji Kiyotaka, the story changes in more ways than one. Instead of stayi...
73.7K 3.1K 143
This story is my own take on COTE year 2. Some volumes will remain similar to the original, while others will be completely different. Some events fr...