YORKTOWN (An Azur Lane Fanfic)

By CIWSPhalanx

An Arleigh Burke class destroyer, USS Downes (DDG-201) has just escaped from the Siren's aircraft after inten... More

BIO and Ship data
Teleported
Crimson Axis's War Declaration
Decision ( 1 )
Combat rescue (1)
Combat rescue (2)
Combat rescue (3)
Let's go home
Characters
Fight with no eyes
That dream
The Orochi (1)
The Orochi (2)
We all have no right for it
Evacuation (1)
Evacuation (2)
Behind all of this
Explaining chapter
Purifier
Commotion
Little sister?!

Decision ( 2 )

517 15 1
By CIWSPhalanx

''She's... right, sir..'' An officer spoke.

Ange and I turned to where the voice came from. So did the other officers.

"I think... that's exactly what we're destinied for, Captain. I mean, through that vows, we are bound to fight for humanity. With that vows, we are willing to leave our family. Whatever happens.''

Slowly all down. Including myself.

"That's right, sir. So why are we on this ship if we really have no intention of fighting?'' said another officer.

"Sir, we've had enough of waiting for this moment. They just happen to have the same goal as us. If I were you, I would voluntarily accept it.''

Various supports immediately enlivened the meeting room. What was originally quiet and tense, is now full of excited voices to fight. Houston, who had previously argued with me, was even louder than the others. I feel ashamed of my own crew. treating them seemed to be only young sailors, but their spirits were really high. I am moved. Maybe there are very few sailors like them out there. Who probably fought the sirens with almost no intention. But here, look. Instead, they demanded that I join Azur Lane.

"So what's your decision, Captain Fletcher?" Ange asked.

''Okay. Listen up everyone!'' I called for attention. ''As the captain of this ship, I have decided. Through your opinions, fighting spirit, and your wills, we will join Azur Lane! IS EVERYTHING CLEAR?!''

''YES, SIR!!''

''ARE YOU READY TO FIGHT TO THE LAST BLOOD DROPS, BOYS?!''

''YES, SIR!!!''

'' YOU GUYS READY FOR WHAT?!!''

''READY TO FIGHT FOR THE FREEDOM OF HUMANITY!!''

''FOR HUMANITY!!!''

''HURRAAAHHH......!!!!''

After the enthusiastic appeal, the meeting was closed. 

''God, my voice is hell hoarse, I think I need some water... Ange, can you take me some water?''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??? HQ

 A large main building standing not too far from the port. The European-style building of the twentieth century looks magnificent, but its gloomy and dark aura cannot be avoided. On the front page, you can see two big flags hanging down and anyone who sees them, will be both amazed and horrified.

At the shipyard, several large and small warships were seen leaning in an orderly and rather tight formation. In contrast to the more peaceful and sunny base Azur Lane. The situation here is really bleak. Battleships, destroyers, cruisers, were seen flying the same flags as those in the building.

Yes, you didn't see or think wrong. This is the headquarters of one of the breakaway ex-Azur Lane factions, Iron Blood.

A girl, with white hair with red color in her bangs walked quietly alone towards the building. Her clothes were closely related to the dark aura of Iron Blood. An Knight Cross embroidery was embroidered on the collar of her clothes. Her face was beautiful, and the look in her cherry red eyes was charming. But don't be fooled, because she is one of the legends of the Atlantic ocean which is very popular in our ears. 

Yes, she is the Knight of Iron Blood, Prinz Eugen.

''Fräulein Bismarck, The Sakura Empire had sent reports of the attack they launched yesterday''

"Gut, I want to know their report now. It should have dealt them a crushing blow. Because I know that it must have been the 1st Carrier Division led by Miss Akagi."

A woman, in Kriegsmarine uniform, stood up from her desk and accepted the file. Her long blonde hair was completely clean, while her face seemed to show great determination and strength. Yes, she is the Terror in the sea, Bismarck.

She is the leader of the Iron Blood. Her personality is stiff and cold. But the aura of leadership radiated strongly from her. So that her forces easily submit to her. Her fighting ability was no less great than the other knights.

"They also reported a strange destroyer assisting Eagle Union. They said that its combat capability is extraordinary compared to any destroyers. Reportedly some strange rockets and air defense weapons were also on board the ship.''

Eugen handed over all the photos she received and Bismarck immediately accepted them seriously and immediately paid attention to the aerial photographs of an airplane belonging to the Sakura Empire. Instantly her forehead wrinkled when she saw the model of the ship. This ship model is very strange. There were only two pairs of anti-aircraft guns, a strange hexagon below the bridge. A short deck on the rear. And only has one cannon.

''Have you ever seen a model of this ship before, Frau Eugen?''

''Nein, mein frau. The ship was even bigger than any destroyer. Even their own.''

''I need information about this ship... Eugen, is there a video showing this ship during battle?'' Bismarck asked while putting down the file. asked in a cold tone.

"Too bad there isn't, Miss Bismarck. But I have an idea'' Said Eugen.

Instantly Bismarck's eyes fixed on Eugen. ''What's that?''

"Radar operators detected some eagle union ships that had strayed from the main fleet after we ambushed them as they were about to return to their bases. We can capture and held them to lure the ship to come."

"But doesn't that mean the ship will be escorted by other ship girls?"

''We will take care of the Eagle Union or the Royal Navy shipgirls, then a reconnaissance plane will be launched to monitor the ship." Eugen explained. ''Our ambush fleet is ready. Now it remains only to await your orders, Miss Bismarck."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Ocean.

The wind was blowing strongly. The sky was filled with gray clouds, making it pitch black. The sea waves irregularly, but strongly. Lightning flashed above the sky. Suddenly the sky became brightly lit with a big rainstorm.

Several shipgirls could be seen trying to make their way through the huge waves that often crashed over them. From one of them a broken deck of the Carrier could be seen perched on her back. Her robes were fluttering in the wind. Some even looked torn from hitting the water and wind too much.

''Damn!.... has no one to contact!'' She hissed as she continued to glide over the water.

''Enterprise! We have to take cover!''

''I know, but where?!''

The girl continued to glide over the water without stopping. The wounds that adorned her body, she did not care at all. Not long after, strange islands could be seen rising above the surface of the water. This seemed unlikely, as her current position was in the middle of the sea and there was very little chance of it rising above the surface.

''Enterprise, look!

''Looks like we can take shelter there until the storm subsides!'' she muttered. ''Everyone, let's go!''

The shipgirls immediately picked up speed to head to the island chain. The wind was getting stronger and the rain was getting heavier. The sound of thunder was getting louder in the sky as if people were beating drums together. After transforming their equipment into ships, they immediately took refuge in a cave that was actually not far from the sea. 

The air was getting colder due to the rain and wind. The three shipgirls began to shiver from the cold. But luckily they didn't get caught in the rain this time.. But, their clothes were currently soaked.

''Hatsyi!! Hatsyi!!''One of the shipgirls named Arizona kept sneezing. Enterprise quickly covered Ari with her coat which was already very wet.

''Wear it until the storm subsides.''

''But what about you, Enterprise-san?''

Enterprise only replied with a weak smile. ''Don't worry about me. I'll be fine.''

Enterprise POV

We've been stuck here for more than two hours. But the storm shows no sign of stopping or abating. I'm grateful Ari can still sleep at a time like this. Now only Penn and I are the only ones leftt standing. The darkness of a storm often raises suspicions. We never know what lies beyond it.

''So what should we do now, Enterprise-san?''

I turned to Penn who was staring at me. ''There's no other way but to stay here for a while. How's your communication system?

''It's been down since two hours ago.''

Hell god....how do we get out of here?

I decided to climb to higher ground to get a clearer observation. The rain continued to pour down on me relentlessly. But I didn't care, the most important thing was to find help first. Even if what I saw was a merchant ship belonging to the Crimson axis, that was what we needed now. I could just take it away. That's an easy matter for me.

''What are you doing up there, Enterprise-san?!'' Penn shouted at me from below.

''I'm sure you know what I'm doing Penn!!!'' I raised my voice as the rain interfered my voice.

 tried to capture the visual as far as possible. I actually wanted to fly my aircraft to take us away from here because SBD Dauntless was enough for three people. But since my deck is damaged and this storm is too strong, I abandoned that rather than endangering the others. I kept scanning the darkness and hoped that an Eagle Union or Royal Navy ship would pass by. But, for an hour, two hours, I have been standing here and observing the surroundings. There was nothing but darkness on the horizon. I decided to go down and rest for a while. But soon something caught my eye.

I saw a warship at the horizon.

Instantly my hope grew. I hurriedly climbed down and went to Ari and Penn who had fallen asleep down there. I forcefully woke them up. Ari was easy enough to wake up, but her big sis, I had to slap her first.

''Stop slapping! I'm awake! I'm awake!'' Penn grumbled.

I ignored Penn's complaints and ran straight to my ship. I jumped off, climbed onto the bridge and activated my morse light to contact the ship.

The ship didn't reply, but suddenly stopped. I briefly turned off the lights and looked at what was happening. Suddenly I sensed something was wrong. That camouflage... I've never seen on an Eagle Union or Royal Navy ship... the dome is red at the top... Wait! Isn't that....

characteristic of the Iron Blood ship...?!

A loud, thunderous boom instantly pierced my ears. I didn't have time to see it. But Penn's ship suddenly caused an explosion between its two domes. Shit! Does that mean that ship was an Iron Blood ship?! 

Good. I just invite an enemy.

''What fools they are. They just docked their ship there instead...'' Commented Hipper, who was with her big sis who was launching a lure attack so that the mysterious ship in Azur Lane would appear in that area. So before that, the plan was approved by Bismarck and executed at that very moment. Even though it meant braving death because it was challenging a foreign ship whose capabilities were still vague in the eyes of the Crimson axis.

Eugen, who was standing on the bow of her ship, was watching the attack by his lead ships. From the look on his face, just seeing the huge explosion between the domes of the battleships made her look proud. ''Get ready, my little sister Hipper. We'll catch up with them right away.''

''What!!! in the middle of this onslaught?!''

''This is our chance, Hipper. They'll have a harder time moving in the midst of this onslaught, let's hurry!

I raised Penn and Arizona to the deck of my ship. I brought up one SBD Dauntles deck and the Four Wildcats that I had flown over earlier. They should escape from here while I will try to divert them. Those outside should know the situation here and this is the best chance to call for help.

''But what about you, Enterprise?!'' This time it was Penn's turn to ask what his sister had already asked.

Once again I answered that I would be fine. ''You should leave here and inform the base that the Sirens are attacking from this direction!''

''But...

''I said GO!!''

I closed the cockpit firmly. The roaring sound of the Dauntless' engines roared stronger and a moment later, the airship ran over the damaged deck and soon the airship glided into the dark, dark sky. I quickly turned my ship into a combat rigging and immediately launched into the sea. Having just descended into the water, I saw a cluster of ships lined up in front of me, about 200 meters ahead.

''This is it... Here we go...'' i hissed.

I raised my bow and pulled the string. An arrow of light appeared on my bow. I aimed it at one of the ships and prepared to release it.

''Enterprise...'' Someone hissed my name.

Instantly my focus was cut off. When I looked to my right. A woman with a shark-shaped combat rig appeared right next to me. All eight 8-inch cannons were aimed at me.

''Got you!''

Shit!

KABOOMM.....!!!!

The eight cannons instantly boomed violently. Eight projectiles rushed toward me. I dodged and the projectiles flew off and slammed into the place we had been taking cover. From behind the shattered coral dust, I tried to see my opponent. I moved a little away from the ground and took up a stance with my bow. It wasn't long before a woman dressed as Iron Blood emerged from behind the dust with her cannon still aimed at me. I instantly recognized her.

''Prinz Eugen from Iron Blood...'' I hissed.

''Well... well... I thought I'd be facing three Pacific heroes since there are three ships docked here.. but apparently it's just you..' That's good. Then we won't have to bother.''

They're still hunting me apparently.

''You'd better give up, Enterprise! You won't win against us this time! Said the most chatty sister, Hipper.

I didn't want to lose. I just kept quiet while holding my arrow. But Hipper had a point. Right now I've exceeded my ability. My deck is damaged, it will be hard to deal with them at this rate. The carrier girls depend on their planes to fight, including me. I can't keep facing them. This bow... it will break soon.

''Then, let's make a deal. How about you surrender, and we won't bother you for a while. How about it?

I'll surrender, after all they only want me. I hope they're not desperate to get to the base.

''Catch me then.'' I said as I dropped my bow. I no longer had the strength to resist. ''But keep your promise.''

''I always keep my promises, Enterprise. But we have other goals besides capturing you.''

I don't know what she's talking about. I don't understand. But at least they are not bothering the Eagle Union for the time being.

Sorry, big bsis. I'm not going home this time...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.4K 1K 43
-Book one- When the war between Azur Lane and the Red Axis broke out, a person led their fleet into the fray. The fleet, lesser known by many, has ac...
13.2K 430 27
During the Siren-Human War, Montpelier got captured and the sirens Experimented her And a week later while Cleveland, Columbia and Denver search for...
3.5K 85 11
(reminder: I dont own azur lane or any pics that are shown in this story) In 2018, the sirens invaded the world killing hundreds of millions of lives...
5.8K 159 18
The Axis won before the Eagle union can Intervene and Help the Royal Navy and now the Axis has eyes on The Eagle union All of blueprints of the Essex...