YORKTOWN (An Azur Lane Fanfic)

By CIWSPhalanx

An Arleigh Burke class destroyer, USS Downes (DDG-201) has just escaped from the Siren's aircraft after inten... More

BIO and Ship data
Crimson Axis's War Declaration
Decision ( 1 )
Decision ( 2 )
Combat rescue (1)
Combat rescue (2)
Combat rescue (3)
Let's go home
Characters
Fight with no eyes
That dream
The Orochi (1)
The Orochi (2)
We all have no right for it
Evacuation (1)
Evacuation (2)
Behind all of this
Explaining chapter
Purifier
Commotion
Little sister?!

Teleported

1.1K 24 12
By CIWSPhalanx

''CAPTAIN!!! THREE ENEMY AIRCRAFT APPROACHING FROM SIX O'CLOCK!!!''

"ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!

A destroyer was seen maneuvering a sharp left turn in the midst of raging sea waves. The ship was being tossed around, while its captain was desperate to perform the extreme maneuver in the midst of the storm. Two CIWS Phalanx domes swiveled right and left in search of prey. In the sky, three Siren aircraft were maneuvering above the ship while looking for a position to fire missiles at the ship.

''CIWS in the back focus on enemy missiles if any are fired, those on the left and right focus on hunting down enemy aircraft!!!''

''Target acquired, Commencing fire!'' said an air defense officer.

BRRRRRRRRRRTTTT.....!!!!!

A Phalanx spewed its 20mm ammunition towards an aircraft traveling low above the waterline. A bright red spectral line twisted and turned like a dragon trying to catch up with its target.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTT....!!!!!

BOOOMM....!!!!

One Siren aircraft was destroyed as it attempted to climb. Another barrage of bullets was seen coming from the stern. Two missiles were destroyed after a few seconds of launching from the aircraft. Two missile cartridges from the RIM-166 RAM launched two missiles. The missiles immediately shot out like arrows and chased the siren-owned planes that were trying to turn toward the stern of the ship. Instantly, further casualties fell. The battle was over in short order. Victory was on the side of USS Downes.

After the intense battle, we breathed a sigh of relief after hearing the radio monitor state that it was now safe. I immediately relaxed myself on a chair behind the captain. ''Congratulations everyone. You did a good job.'' I praised as I wiped away the sweat with my hand.

A CIWS officer stood up and made a respectful gesture to the young captain. ''Captain! We are very grateful to have a captain like you!" said the young officer.

''Us too! It's an honor for us to be able to serve with you, sir!'' the others said as they stood up.

I smiled as I sighed and slowly began to cheer up a little and my resolve faded a little. I stood up as I flashed a smile to the mostly young crew. ''Thank you, friends. It's also an honor for me. I'm proud and very appreciative of your hard work. Keep it up, okay?

''Yes, captain! The crew replied cheerfully and returned to their positions. I went back to my office and wrote some of my daily reports. There were several reports I had to write such as administration, patrol, and duty reports. Just working on a few papers. I actually find it quite boring, but it's my job.

My pen started dancing on the paper to leave the report on the paper. I finished five papers in two minutes. I'm used to writing fast. But luckily my writing is still readable. Unlike when I was in high school, it's fast and unreadable.

In the corridor, I saw a ship's officer walking fast with a tense face. He broke through the empty hallway. He was so tense, he didn't even hear when one of the crew called out to him.

He knocked on the door while calling out to me. I quickly stopped my work and opened the door.

"What is it, Johnston?"

"Our engines have suddenly shut down, sir!"

I frowned at him. ''Really? How strange....''

I didn't believe it, so I decided to go straight to the bridge. Together with Johnston, I walked to the bridge to see what was happening. It felt very different walking on a moving ship and a stationary one. There was no vibration at all.

I grabbed the ship's radio and tried to contact Damage Control, but they reported no damage. The attack from the Siren planes earlier had not caused any damage.

"Fletcher!" Someone exclaimed. It was Mark, my friend and communications and navigation officer, approaching me. His face was as tense as Johnston's.

"Fletcher, all our navigation equipment is not working!"

Another problem arose. This time it was navigation. I looked at all the crew panels and none of them were working normally. The screens were glitching gray-black,

''To all crews on the deck and outside area, this is not a drill! an extreme sea gal is approaching to our position at 2.5 Knots and predicted will collide with us in fifteen minutes. All crews are ordered to get inside ASAP. I repeat, this is not a drill.''

All crews outside immediately ran inside. The officers who took care of the anchor immediately lowered it and ran inside. The officer who took care of the helicopter, immediately folded the helicopter propeller and pushed it into the hangar.

''close and tighten the lock!''ordered a chief officer while directing his men.

the crew immediately closed the doors and tightened the hatches tight. The ship, which previously seemed busy with the crew working on the outer deck, is now as quiet as an uninhabited ship. The sky slowly began to darken. The sound of thunder in the sky began to sound. The waves began to rise again rocking the ship. At the command center, the crew just kept quiet while silently praying that things would get better soon. The ship's cabin began to darken. The light source only comes from an emergency lamp and even then it is dim so it looks haunted. The sound of heavy rain began to be heard accompanied by thunder that raged outside. The sky completely turned black and dark. I turned on the outdoor spotlight lever. When the lights shone out, it was seen that big waves were raging and hitting the bridge of the ship.

The waves hit the bow of the ship and water gushed up and flooded the bridge. It was so big that even the location of the Mark 45 cannon in front was almost drowned by water. The ship shook violently as it was hit by waves from all directions. The crew lowered their bodies as much as possible so as not to be thrown. I was holding on tightly to an instrument panel. Outside, the American flag fluttered rapidly in the gale. A gigantic wave appeared right in front of them.

ROGUE WAVE...!!!! HOLD ON TIGHT!!!!'' Exclaimed the captain.

SPPLLAAAASHHH....!!!!

Immediately a large wave swallowed the destroyer. The water hit the glass and broke it. Water also flooded the command room and made everything wet. But then, the ship showed itself again. Downes survived death. ''IS EVERYTHING OK?!!'' I asked while trying to stand up and confirm the crew.

''CAPTAIN! DON'T STAND!!'' Shouted the wheelsman.

But it was too late, a big wave hit the ship again. Unlucky for me, my body was pushed back by the water and his head hit an instrument panel hard. Instantly I staggered down against the panel and fainted.

''CAPTAIN!! ARE YOU OKAY?! CAPTAIN!'' The voices of some of the crew began to fade on my ears. getting fainter and fainter. My eyes slowly began to close and his body did not move.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------

Two hours later

The sea has returned to tame. The sun again appeared slowly in the sky. Our ship successfully weathered a vicious storm. In the medical room, I slowly opened my eyes and blinked to make my vision clearer. I found myself on a bed. ''Are you feeling well?'' asked a medic who happened to enter my room.

"I..I'm fine. What happened?''

"You passed out during the storm, sir. Luckily some of your crew dared to bring you here."

"What about the other?" I tried to ask the condition of my crew.

"They are fine."

"In that case, good." I said while trying to stand up.

I put on my spare uniform and slipped my knife back on and walked towards the bridge. The floor splashed every time I stepped. Sea water from the storm pooled in the hall.

really big storm...

Arriving there, the situation had improved even though the ship's glass was seen to have holes and several puddles of water from last night's storm were still visible in several parts. After a while, Mark came to me.

Report sir. All navigation systems, communications and engines are in good condition. Only, we lost the flag. Fortunately there is still a spare flag. '' Reported a crew.

''Oh.. well, no problem. That's great, how are all the crew?"

''Everything is fine sir. But, there is shocking news sir.'' Suddenly, his face turned serious.

I was surprised and slightly frowned. ''What's wrong?''

"We caught a radio transmission from a large harbor on an island in front of us and apparently, it's not our home base."

''So?''

''We caught several waves of communication coming from the ships there. There are some strange communications from the base.'' The crew continued.

''Hmm... that seems normal... could it be an international fishing transit port?''

''No sir. Sorry if we were a little presumptuous to do something outside your orders. We launched drones to monitor the island. At the wharf we confirmed the presence of several ships which, if identified by their models, appear to be several Battleship models, Yorktown class aircraft carriers and many Destroyers that are not from modern times. When we clarified it, we realized that it was a second world warship."

''Is it true? I will see it.''

The crew walked with the captain to the instrument monitoring the drone's camera. On the FLIR screen, you can see several ships in the form of Battleships, Cruisers, Destroyers, and several aircraft carriers that are not from our time. Some of these ships actually in the US have become museums or have been dismantled.

There are also no traces of modification or modernization on the bodies of these ships. So, still on the original model. there are no advanced radars, Aegis systems, CIWS air defense, or state-of-the-art electronics. Suddenly, the radio monitoring crew received an unexpected communication. And, it comes from the island.

I as the captain of the ship are obliged to answer these communications. He ordered the communications crew to establish contact with the contact.

''This is USS Downes DDG-201 from the United States Navy.''

'This is Prince Of Wales from Royal Navy, to Destroyer Downes, you're approaching Azur Lane maritime zone. turn your course or we'll engage you with our standard operating procedure.'

''Downes to Azur Lane we're on the international maritime territory, we need you to confirm your identity ''

''Negative. Your ship entering our maritime zone. We're sending cruiser to your location to escort you to dock ''

"This is Downes, we're rejected. We're on the international maritime zone. Your action right now were disobeyed the Siren Conflict Defense protocol. You don't have any rights to detain another ship in charge in this Siren Conflict. Pulled back your fleet."

"Negative. We have our own rules."

The contact also closed communication with me. The radio officer himself was made unable to believe who he was in contact with. The one who answered was neither a man nor a woman, but rather, the communicator's voice sounded more like a girl's!

I cursed inside.

A cruiser was close enough, the owner of the ship immediately climbed onto their ship's deck. But, this is what will make all the crew including myself can only gape in disbelief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 87 115
(Azur Lane X Girls frontline X The Division X World of Warships) "I'll only say it once and once only, I am the only one who can stop this madness bu...
60.4K 1K 43
-Book one- When the war between Azur Lane and the Red Axis broke out, a person led their fleet into the fray. The fleet, lesser known by many, has ac...
25.2K 447 20
USS Trenton is a 4th Yorktown class carrier also the newest ship of the Eagle Union and the first shipboy was ever made. One day while he was on a s...
16.6K 243 17
Two Different Worlds Two Different Timelines and Both have the Same Enemy. Then Both Worlds are Under attack By the same enemy an Advance Alien Human...