Let the Sun Be Seen; Kenji K...

By trynafindtyler

Held in the Reestablishment's grip, Kenji Kishimoto and Rome Vera find solace within each other. But as war l... More

Let the Sun Be Seen
Prologue
๐—”๐—–๐—ง ๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜ - Shatter Me
๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜ ๐—ง๐—ข ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ก, ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ก ๐—ง๐—ข ๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜
๐—™๐—”๐— ๐—œ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—”๐—ฅ ๐—™๐—”๐—–๐—˜
๐—ฃ๐—ฅ๐—ฌ๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—™๐—ข๐—ฅ ๐— ๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—˜
๐€ ๐’๐”๐‘๐๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐„ ๐†๐”๐„๐’๐“
๐€๐‘๐†๐”๐Œ๐„๐๐“๐’ ๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐‹๐€๐’๐“๐ˆ๐๐†
๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐ƒ๐ƒ๐„๐ƒ ๐๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ ๐’๐“๐€๐ˆ๐๐’
๐Ž๐๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐”๐“๐„
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐„๐€๐๐ˆ๐๐† ๐“๐Ž ๐’๐”๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐‘๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐„๐… ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐€ ๐๐‘๐„๐„๐™๐„
๐–๐€๐‘๐Œ๐“๐‡ ๐“๐‡๐€๐“ ๐‚๐€๐'๐“ ๐๐„ ๐‘๐„๐€๐‚๐‡๐„๐ƒ
๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐๐„๐€๐‚๐„

๐‘๐”๐๐๐ˆ๐๐† ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡๐Ž๐”๐“ ๐“๐‡๐Ž๐”๐†๐‡๐“

737 36 137
By trynafindtyler

𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐉𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐃 is staining the carpet as he attempts to run, but fails as his face almost meets the floor as he slips. he limps the rest of the way to the bathroom.

my eyes drift to see adam pulling juliette into james room, leaving me alone. faint mutters from the couple is what i can hear coming from the door.

kenji decides to make it so i can only hear his voice.

"romeo, i know you're out there! can you get more toilet paper, or tissues. just get me something. please!"

kenji's yelling, his voice sounding high pitched, probably by his hand covering his nose. i start to look around the living room, trying to find anything to stop the bleeding.

i move my search to the kitchen since the living room had nothing that would help.

"romeo? look-i know we didn't have the best first introduction, but without all the bruises and the bullet i would look way bette-" he gets cut off by the sound of a cabinet slamming into something.

"shit, my toe-"

opening one of the bottom drawers, i find a yellow towel. the only thing i can hear as i walking up to the bathroom door is kenji thinking i left the house. "is anyone there? adam? psycho chick? romeo?"

i walk up to the bathroom to see the door being pounded on. he must have thing for pounding on doors.

"look i know your emotions are high since you've been at work adam, but can it wai-" i open the door to met kenjis eyes.

he's right in my face, holding his nose. with a curve since the blood is making a small puddle on his hand. his other hand is up in the air but is immediately put down as he sees me, and then the towel in my hand. "you're an angel, you know that?" he grins.

handing the towel to him, i quickly start to turn my back and make my way out of the bathroom until i'm held back by his grasp on my arm.

i shake off his hand with a glare. "what else could you possibly want?"

"let's get to know each other more doll, what's your favorite movie?"he talks a lot; he might even beat james.

"the one called 'leave me alone and find better ways to flirt with people.'" i slam the door in his face before he finds the will to keep talking to me.

i've never been one to talk, even when my parents were still present in my life. ever since ingrid and james came into the picture, they've helped me have a some sort of 'social life'.

ingrid tells me often me reading won't help my cause of being quiet, but i still try to persuade her so she doesn't make me talk to the other vendors on the street.

plus, adams never here because of work, so i don't find the mean to reach out or call him like james does. i only do when james mentions to adam i'm with him when looking after him.

more on adam, we have never gotten along that well. he always has an attitude with someone or something, i surprised he hasn't gotten kicked out from the military earlier. i feel bad for 'warner', his boss or something, to deal with him everyday.

"romeo?" kenjis now infront of me, waving his hand in front of my face. "are you dreaming about be? it seems a bit early to be doing that."

"please you wish, i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy." his grin wiped off his face as his head tilts downward; putting his hand to his chest, "that hurt romeo, straight to the heart."

"my names rome, not romeo."

"well, i would like to think we are star crossed lovers, hm? romeo and juliet. just without our never ending love ending in tragedy."

"i'll give you another nosebleed."

"feisty, just like psycho chick-wait-where are they?"

"in james room."

"in james room? they have no modesty."

"that's bold." kenji laughs and starts heading towards the james room. "what the hell are you doing in there?" kenji yells, starts banging on it a couple of times.

"i mean, shit man, i don't think there's ever a bad time to get naked, but now is probably not the best time for a nooner. so unless you want to get killed, i suggest you get your ass out here. we have to get ready to go."

"go where?"

"you'll find out soon enough doll." kenji was wrong, i never found out.

i look at the trio pack up with a blank stare.

kenji turns to take care of his bruises while the couple continue to pack. "so, how come can you touch adam?" kenji breaks the silence after a moment.

"i don't know."

"sure." kenji remarks, dragging it out. "how'd you even know you could touch him? some kind of sick experiment?"

juliette's lips purse, making her frown. "where's this place you're taking us?"

"why are you changing the subject? maybe you can touch me try, why don't you try?"

"you don't want me to touch you."

"maybe i do."

i've never seems juliette's 'powers', but it seems the best time would be now since he's so desperate. "i'm still not interested."

"well ladies, but let's not forget that this"-he uses his hand to motion his beat up face- "is not permanent."

"well i'm permanently uninterested." i turn around as my i let out a snicker, covering my mouth with my hand. "well i think you should decide when the swelling goes down, i have a spectacular fac-"

kenji notices me turned around, and then adam covers up his laugh with a cough. i turn back when he seems to take his gaze off me. "you know, i thought we used to be cool." kenji states, brushing off i was laughing at him too.

"i don't remember when."

"is there something you want me to say to me?"

"i don't trust you."

"then why am i still here?"

"because of her."

"aw, you trust me? romeo should take some examples from you."

"as long as i have a clear shot." juliette grips her gun harder, knuckles turning white.

"i don't know why, but i like it when you and romeo threaten me."

"because you're an idiot." the more the trio converse, the more i realize i have to go home.

"i'm going to start making my way home." i speak loudly, no one sparing me a glance as they're to focus on their own conversation. as i start making my way towards the door, adam stops me. "where are you going?"

"home, where else?"

"you can't leave, not after this whole mess is resolved."

"i'm not even apart of your mess, i only came here for james. not for any of this."

"you signed up for it when you stayed overnight."

"your kidding me right? are you my mom or something?"

"you're the one acting like a child."

"whatever, tell james i said bye and sorry i couldn't stay over because of a mess i didnt want to even be involved in." i go up to the door, open it, and close it on my way out. slamming it a little too spite adam. he hates it whenever peoples slam doors.

i start speed walking, trying to make it home as soon as possible. the rough terrain makes it difficult.

even though adam told me not me not to tell ingrid, what's there to lose? it's not like she's going to tell anyone else.

the more i walk, the more mad i get. treated adam by taking care of his brother and this is how he thanks me? a reality check would be wonderful for him. me and ingrid are going to half a field day gossiping about this.

"there are rebels on the loose. they are armed and ready to fire. curfew is now in effect. everyone return to their homes immediately. there ar-"

rebels?

who are they talking about? it can't be them. no. i just left their house. who is it. is ingrid okay?

the loudspeakers is the only thing i can hear expect from my heart pounding. my hands slightly start shaking. i start running, with no desire to go anymore but home, where it's safe.

the more i run, the more screams i hear.

screams. boots. gunshots.

run
run
run.

im a minute away from home. i feel a little sense of relief. it's horrid around me. theres blood. a lot of it. peoples are running, probably thinking the same thoughts as me.

within the people are soldiers with guns. shooting. not even having an aim, just shooting at whatever's in front of them. not caring if they hit people.

people are shoving and pushing i can't even tell if i'm going in the direction i need to. all i want is to go home, for james to get home safe, to be back with ingrid.

my eyes start to lose its focus. i'm just running. i can't scream. i can't find my voice. no words dare to come out.

i arrive at my house.

people are still screaming; running away from soldiers or 'rebels'.

i can't seem to focus that i'm at my house, not at all. not that i'm safe and sound.

but that ingrid is laying unresponsive a few feet away from my door, blood under her.

𝟓/𝟏𝟐/𝟐𝟑
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄-
maisy!! how r u feeling about ingrid, i was being a little silly... anyways craving chipole so hard ugh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 554 48
I'm so thankful for my brother. So so thankful. I've been at my lowest many times, but he is still here, beside me when I need him the most, he gave...
27.3K 248 19
This is a collection of little moments between characters in the Shatter Me series. I hope you enjoy!
1M 18.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
8.4K 184 12
I am writing this cuz i was bored, couldn't sleep and I absolutely love Kenji Kishimoto. This will follow the books and will have dialogue from the b...