Finding the Missing Piece: Bo...

cogdill

Katniss and Peeta Mellark are currently living a rough life, but in all reality it's not all that bad and wil... Еще

Prologue/Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Nintey-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Nintey-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred
Sequel Info.

Chapter Nine

2.3K 153 42
cogdill

Katniss POV- (Noon the next morning)

I wake up to the sun shining brightly through the closed windows and Peeta not by my side.

I've been asleep since 5 o'clock yesterday, nineteen hours of sleep and I still feel like sleeping away my life.

I'm still exhausted.

Nothing is going to get better, so why not sleep?

But my stomach growls so I decide I better get up and eat something and check on Peeta because even if I'm upset, I still care about him.

I slowly sit up, looking about the room.

Looking out the window and at my side of the bed.

I close my heavy eyes and let out a yawn, then I get up and carefully unlock our bedroom door.

I quietly open it and look across the hall.

Peeta is in his art studio.

I hold my breath and start out the door.

I don't look in at him when I walk by or even say anything, hoping he didn't notice me.

Either he noticed and didn't say anything or he didn't notice at all.

So when I get downstairs, I go into the kitchen and make some cereal, even though it's lunch time but it's not like there's other stuff to eat and I'm not good at cooking.

I'm really getting tired of eating soup and cereal or microwave meals everyday and I really need to learn how to cook a half way decent meal but I don't have time.

The doctor would be furious to know I haven't been eating and I haven't drank anything either. Plus, I have only taken one prenatal vitamin since this all started about three days ago, but why should I continue prepping?

Like Peeta said, he doesn't want a baby anymore. He barely wants me, let alone any baby of mine.

But then again, I decide that I already paid for them and they expire in three months.

It's not going to hurt anything and I can always buy more.

I read that even if you are not pregnant, it helps for the future, but again I'm not sure where that's headed.

I swallow the vitamin and down a lot of water, feeling dehydrated.

Maybe that's why I blacked out a bit yesterday?

Then, I sit at the island with my cereal.

I look pitiful.

I shake my head and let out a sigh and eat the damn cereal, even though it tastes terrible, probably because it's the same cereal I've eaten since I was a kid and it's finally getting old.

Another joy of growing up.

Peeta comes down and by the look on his face he is kind of shocked to see me, I guess.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were in here." He mumbles and gets in the fridge.

I take a bite of food and swallow, "It's alright." I say, not moving a muscle, biting my bottom lip.

I feel so self-conscious being here in his t-shirt and my underwear, not even wearing a bra but it's probably because we've barely touched in forever.

He takes an apple off the counter in front of me and sits down next to me at the island.

I don't move and I don't look at him.

"Did you have a good nights sleep?" He asks softly, taking a bite of the red apple.

"Yeah." I say softly, still not moving and hoping that he goes away, even though I want so badly for him to stay.

I see him nodding from the corner of my eye, "That's good."

"Yeah." I say again, staring at the food in my bowl.

Peeta let's out a sigh and we don't talk again the rest of the day.

We don't make any eye contact and I didn't even run to comfort him while he did his daily crying and he didn't come in to hold me in the middle of the day or night while I had nightmares.

But I will say, when I don't have any nightmares, the sleep is good if I can manage to get comfortable.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

204K 9.4K 101
Parenthood has finally found Katniss and Peeta Mellark. In this story they are going to be learning to live life with a child in their hands. They've...
29.2K 1.3K 30
In what used to be North America, the proud country of Panem now stands. The rulers from the Capitol hold a televised survival competition in which o...
409K 10.5K 55
(If you haven't read The One and Only Real please read that before this) We all know that the end of Mockingjay jumps to an epilogue. Ever wondered...
36K 692 22
"My name is Peeta Mellark." "I am seventeen years old." "I am in love with Katniss Everdeen" "She betrayed me." "I was in the Hunger Games." "I've be...