Can I? | SEULRENE

By lueshun

Can I? A story of two people adjusting to what is expected of them? More

Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV (Finale)

CHAPTER I

1K 33 5
By lueshun

Seulgi's POV

I walked to the cafeteria and went to order in some food first before going to where my friends are. Just when I sat down someone spoke my name. 

"Hey Kang! Congratulations!" I look up to Krystal confused. 

"For what exactly?" I asked.

"The Kang's just confirmed their partnership with the Bae's." What?! I took her phone where she's showing me the article. There I saw my Dad in a photo with this Man, maybe the same age as him. How's that even possible?

"The Bae's are huge, huge. If there's anyone that most businesses and companies want, it's to have a connection with them." That's right. What surprised me the most here is, how did it happened? How did they convince them? I mean, our company is unlike theirs. It's big but not huge, liked they said.

"You looked surprised Seul? Did you not know?" I shake my head answering them. Should I ask Oppa?

"Do you not talk business in your household?" Wendy asked this time. I give Krystal her phone back.

"Just sometimes." I answered them. "They tend to not talk about it when we're together."

"Oh! Lucky you!" Almost all of them said, that made me laugh. 

"My parents are barely even home!" Krystal whined 

"But hey! Your family got a huge deal." Wendy said. 

"I guess..." I said before I started eating my food. 

"Why don't you seem happy about it?" Hyeri asked. I swallowed my food first before I speak up. 

"It's just that. I get why we asked partnership with them, but..."

"You don't know why they agreed?" I nodded. "Maybe you should ask your parents if you're that curious." Wendy said. 

"As expected from a Kang! You never took interest in nothing else but your business huh?" Krystal said. 

"It's not I'm the only one here, that's like that." I look at the three of them. 

"But we have hobbies! Krystal's a model. Wendy and I do theater plays. But you?" Hyeri speak up and I just laugh.

"I study." I said to them. I received a smack in my arm. "Aw! What was that for!?" I said looking at Hyeri.

"We study too." She said to me. 

"Seriously though, did you ever took interest in something?" Krystal said. Now that I think about it. I shake my head.

"No." They all heaved a deep sigh, giving up. 

"Right! She's a Kang! They're only focused in one goal!" Hyeri said beside me, this time I pinched her side. She just chuckled. 

"Yeji's in a dance club, from what I heard." Wendy said. 

"At least one Kang knows how to have fun." Krystal said that made me stop eating. "And we're stuck with this muncher and workaholic one." I picked up the tissue on the table and was about to throw it at her already.

"Ayaah! Don't!" She said getting it my hand. They just laugh. They love teasing me. 

"But Kang Seul!" You look at Wendy an hummed. "If your family now's in partnership with the Bae, then that means..."

"Speaking of the Angel." I scoff when Krystal said that. She's staring behind me, where the cafeteria's entrance is. I look around. As expected, everyone's eyes are on her. 

"Seul, if you ever get close through this partnership, can you introduce me to her?" I look up to Wendy and chuckled. Krystal just facepalmed. "Waah!

I turn to where they're looking and there she is, the head turner that she is.

"Have you ever wondered how would it feel like to be her?" Hyeri said beside me that made me look at her.

"What's wrong with being yourself?" I asked, then she glared at me. Wendy and Krystal just laugh.

"I get it though. Although I found myself being enough, even more than enough, Bae Joohyun is just over there." Krystal said.

"Right? How can a person be so perfect!" Wendy exclaimed. God! Why is she like this?

"Nobody's perfect Wendy." I said.

"Can you not see what we're seeing Seul?" she said to mee.

"I can." I nodded. "She's not perfect." I look up and see her fell  mouth a gape. "She's short." Krystal and Hyeri can't help themselves but laugh again. "Look at how small she is." I turn to look at her again.

"And cute..." I heard Krystal said.

"And cute." I repeated, this time they burst out of laughter that caught the attention of some people, including the girl we were just talking about. The moment she look at our direction I turn to to face my friends. I glared at them. 

"She's not perfect but she's cute. Okay." Hyeri said. I just nudge her to shut her up. Oh God! I need new friends.

"I wasn't even suppose to say that." I said to them. 

"We're just teasing you, Seul." Krystal said. "I think you're the only one here, in our campus, that doesn't seem that interested in her." My brows furrowed.

"You're interested in her?" I asked her.

"What I mean here is, you can't even acknowledge her presence--"

"Do I need to?" I asked. "Why do I have to acknowledge her presence when I don't even know her... personally? And it's not like I'll get the chance to." 

"Right! I just remembered! We're talking to Kang Seulgi! A person who couldn't be bothered by her surroundings unless she got involve." Krystal said, eyeing me. She look behind me before she look at me again. "What's your type again Kang Seul!?" She randomly asked.

"What type?" What does she mean?

"Your type in a person." Why would she suddenly ask that?

"I know!" Wendy raised up her hands. How the hell who she know... "She would want someone who could cook! She loves eating." 

"Maybe also, someone who's patient enough for her workaholic ass." I look at Hyeri, when she suddenly added that. 

"I mean those are literally given." I face Krystal in disbelief. "How about physical appearance, Seul?"

"I don't have a type. Can we not talk about this please?" 

"I guess we really can't find her a date." A what?!

"This will be our 3rd year in this Uni and she still won't be having a date for the ball." Wendy said.

"What do you think of Jinyoung?" Krystal asked.

"Or Joo Hyuk?" Hyeri.

"Kai?" Wendy.

"Kai's my date." Krystal said to Wendy. 

"I forgot." Wendy give her a peace sign. I couldn't help giggle. 

"Guys! I won't be attending the ball this year. I don't need a date." They all look at me in shock. 

"Why?" Wendy asked. 

"I'll be out of the country by that time. Oppa wants me to meet his girlfriend." I said to them.

"Didn't you met her already?" I nodded.

"I did, but not personally yet, no. Oppa plans on visiting her in London. He happens to know that we have a ball coming up and he knows I'm not really interested in those stuffs. So, he invited me."   I happily explained.

"And of course you'd say yes! You like Seo-joon Oppa's girlfriend." Krystal said. "You're even close to her than your brother." 

"Also, Oppa's proposing to her already. I need to be there." The three gasped at what I said.

"Suddenly, I don't want to attend the ball." I scoff at what Krystal said. 

"Waah! Seo-joon Oppa's getting engage!" Wendy said. "and Seulgi haven't even found herself a boyfriend yet! Daebak!" This time I really threw the tissue paper on her. She laughs. 

"As if I'm the only one single here." I said, then the three look at each other. What the?! I pointed at myself.

"Am I really? Even you Wends?" I face her. I know Krystal's in a relationship with Kai. As for Hyeri, Jun has been courting her for almost a year now. But Wendy?

"I-I..." She's seemed to be contemplating. 

"Seulgi wont mind Wends." Krystal assured her.

"Park Sooyoung." She said. Park Sooyoung... Wait what?!

"She..She--"

"I know Seul, I--

"She succeeded. Damn that girl!" I chuckled in disbelief.

"W-what?" Wendy asked in surprise.

"Oh! I know she was courting you." I said. "She even asked me some things about you. I can't believe you got swayed by a kid Wends." I said to her.

"She's just two years younger Seul and she didn't court me."

"what? She just flirts with you all the time, you happened to fall for it, and now you're together?" She just looks at me, trying to read my reaction. "Wendy it's fine. You can love whoever you want. You didn't think I wouldn't accept it, did you?" I asked. She looked down. "Oh you did."

"Sorry." She just simply said. 

"It's fine!" I said to cheer her up. "I mean it's normal to be cautious on how people react, on something you got involved in."

"Told you, she'll be fine with it." Krystal put her arm around her. "So next time, invite Joy to come have lunch with us.

"Krystal's right, I haven't seen that kid for days already." I said. Then I realized... "I really am the only single person here." I said.

"Are you sad? Go on a date." Hyeri said. 

"Oh no. I don't think so. I won't have the time." I said. From there the bell rang. I shouldn't have come here late. I stand up and bid my goodbye to them. I still have class to the other building. 

I arrived in class just on time and when it was already time to go home, I went straight home. I just texted my friends that I'll be heading out before them. We have different courses, we just see each other during lunch time.

As soon as the front door opened I heard shouting, which is pretty unusual. I went closer to where it's coming from. It's from Dad's office, that's currently open. 

I heard my brother shouting, that I find curious of. Oppa never raised his voice like that. 

"Why do you have to take control of my life, just like that!!!"

"Son this is what's best---"

"No Dad! You don't get to do this! You are not like this at all! Mom! Can you help me out here?"  I just saw Mom looking down. "Mom! I don't want to do it! For fuck's sake! I have a girlfriend!" Oppa frustratedly said. I can tell he's crying already. 

"The deal was sealed, we have no other options now." Dad spoke. "We can't go against it anymore." 

"Dad! Please! You can't just sell me out like this!" What? 

"I'm not selling you Seo-joon." Dad said.

"That's what it looks like Dad! I mean who would marry off his son for the betterment of his company? Even Mr. Bae is insane for putting his daughter in this position!" Marry off? 

"Who's marrying who?" This time I took their attention. I look at my father. "Is this how you got that partnership?" He just remain silent. It is. "Dad! What the hell!? Are you still living in the past?" I look at Oppa and Mom. "Nobody does this anymore! I'm sure there are still a lot of ways..." 

"I agreed already. The Bae's only daughter is marrying a Kang." I never thought Dad would be like this. Is this really just about the company?

"But Dad, how about Oppa's girlfriend?" I said to him. "He's about to ask her hand in marriage already next week right? That's the plan." Right. He was even excited for Oppa that time. 

Oppa's girlfriend, which he loves so much, is family already. Oppa have found the right person for him already and that's huge, it's not something you should let go of. For Oppa to decide that he wanted to settle with her already, I won't let them take away something as precious as that from him.

"Like I said---" I cut Dad off.

"The Bae's daughter should marry a Kang." He look at me. "Then marry me off instead." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 292 25
seulmin fanfic, their story which is a side story in my jungri fanfic {mature for kissing scenes and mental health/suicidal thoughts}
26.8K 946 30
Don't Go. Another story about a celebrity who fell in love with a not so famous person?
6.8K 242 47
This is a story about going on with life, with unexpected help.
13.1K 416 15
Let it be me. Another typical love story between two best friends. ;)