Between the Ice [h.s]

By jazzy1Dlover

Eulalia Snow. A want-to-be professional Figure Skater. A bookstore co-worker. And an unexpected murderer. She... More

Intro!
| Prologue |
01 || Sharp & Steady
02 || Books & Looks
03 || Coffee & Tea
04 || Spinning & Shining
05 || Drunk & Sober
06 || Waffles & Pancakes
07 || Learn & Succeed
08 || Walk & Talk
09 || Broken & Destroyed
10 || Blue & Red
11 || Hide & Seek
12 || Boy & Girl
13 || Rum & Coke
14 || Killing & Smiling
15 || Jump & Land
16 || Memories & More
17 || Cinnamon & Sugar
18 || Comfortable & Cozy
19 || Wine & Kisses
20 || Angel & Devil
21 || Fun & Games
22 || Morning & Night
23 || Smiling & Frowning
24 || Blood & Torture
25 || Pink & Silky
26 || Questions & Answers
27 || Scared & Alone
28 || Hot & Sweaty
29 || Riding & Providing
30 || Live & Die
31 || Party & Dance
32 || Bet & Regret
33 || Young & Alive
34 || Black & White
35 || Trick & Treat
36 || Lilo & Stitch
37 || Frantic & Frenzied
38 || Diamonds & Dance Floors
39 || Wild & Weak
40 || Hit & Run
41 || Dark & Stormy
42 || Hoping & Surviving
43 || Meet & Greet
44 || High & Low
45 || Ranting & Raving
46 || Past & Present
47 || Alive & Awake
48 || Passion & Power
49 || Dirty & Delicious
50 || Fast & Furious
52 || Love & Lust
53 || Drinking & Dancing
54 || Crash & Burn
55 || Down & Dirty
56 || Gas & Flames
57 || Me & You
58 || Fake & Skate
59 || Done & Dusted
60 || Say & Think
61 || Suspects & Witnesses
62 || Trials & Tribulations
63 || Innocent & Guilty
64 || Heroes & Villians
65 || Beginning & End
| Epilogue 01 |
| Epilogue 02 |
Thank You Note!

51 || Promises & Protection

65 1 0
By jazzy1Dlover

Double Update! Read this chapter after Chapter 50!
Trigger Warning: Murder! Description of Blood! Read at your own Risk!
(mb for writing mistakes)

-Eulalia-

With the weekend rolling around, I woke up early to go across the street to get both Harry and I awakening drinks to survive the day. Harry slept like a baby Monday night into Tuesday, feeling so much better. Thankfully his cold hasn't passed on to me.

Before going up to the apartment, I go to the public mailboxes to see if Harry has any important mail. I don't snoop, so when I get back, Harry walks through the kitchen, his hands rubbing over his tired eyes.

"Where we're you this morning?" He leans forward to press a kiss on my lips, wrapping his arms around my waist. I giggle when he cuddles my neck, kissing the soft spot behind my ear.

I wave the mail in his eyes and he groans, "boring," he mumbles, not interested. I then show him his Starbucks cup, the warmth of it building through my finger pads. This perks his interest and he grabs the cup, bring the brim to his lips. I suck on my own drink, the warm tea lathering my throat.

Harry skims the mail wether he likes it or not, and ends up pausing on a large, yellow envelope, "uh, Babe, I think this is for you?" He hands over the item, confusion crossing between both of my brows. Bold letters of my name are written across the paper. I turn it around, unclipping the silver metal together and open the slip to pull out a couple pieces of paper. My stomach drops when a handwritten letter is made out to me. My eyes roam the surface, my finger following along as I quietly whisper the words.

Dear Eulalia Rue Snow,

When writing this letter out to you, it took all my power to make out what I really wanted to say to you. Hidden behind this paper is someone very close and special you already know, which is why my identity hasn't been revealed yet.

For the past months I have been sending you clues (riddles) with following notes (poems). With success, you have accomplished each one of them, with the help of your friends. I know it may seem scary reading this, but I promise I ain't the scary one. You are, Eulalia.

I have enough evidence to expose the real you, but before I press that onto you, you have one arrangement for me. If it isn't finished properly, everyone you love will be hurt severely. If you don't expose your secret to one of your friends, life will be miserable.

Not wanting you to make the specific choice, I have decided already for you. In 24 hours, you must explain your life to Zoe Park. If this isn't accomplished and told to her directly, you will regret your decisions.

I made reservations at Mack's Restaurant. They're made at six o'clock sharp for three people only. The person you invite as your plus-one with Zoe, do it wisely.

With my blessings,
your mystery man.

p.s.

If you are justice, please do not lie. What is the price for your blind eye?

Whipping the tears streaming down my face, Harry takes the paper from my hold and reading it. His face falters, anger pooling. I rush my hands through my hair, frustrated from all this bullshit.

Harry slams the paper down, grabbing me to hug my body tightly, kissing my head, and massaging my back. I clutch his shirt with both my hands, sobbing exotically.

"It's OK, Eulalia. We'll be alright." His voice soothe, calming my hyperventilation.

I inhale through my nose, exhale out of my mouth. Once I finish settling down, I am able to breathe correctly, officially speaking without choking up. "I need to do this Harry. I can't lose everyone I love. I can't lose you." I rest my head on his chest, holding his shirt with my hand. He kisses my head once more, inhaling the scent of my hair.

"We have to call her and let her know, don't you think?"

I nod my head, grabbing my phone from my back pocket.

Me: Hey, want to go out, just the two of us? I feel like I haven't been able to talk to you in ages.

Zoe Boo: Yes, bitch! What time you thinking?

Me: 6:00. I will make reservations. Pick you up at 5:30?

Zoe Boo: I'm in. Text me when you leave.

Me: I will, ttyl.

"Well, that was easy, right?" Harry rubs my shoulders, massaging the bone. I relax my body, pressing my head on his chest. I nod my head, kissing his hand in my right.

"Do you mind if I do this one on my own? If it makes you more comfortable you can drop me and Zoe off."

"Of course you can do this on your own," Harry answers me, "how about you take my car when you go," he suggests, turning me to face his eyes, "it makes me feel better when you take my car." He adds on, pecking my lips with such reassurance and passion.

"OK, let's do that. Thank you."

~

Hours later, it is time to get ready for my dinner date with Zoe, who I feel like I don't give enough appreciation to.

After me and Harry decided our plains for the dinner, we called Louis over and he checked out the note. He took a picture and left, calling back he couldn't trace the handwritten or where the envelope came from, which is kinda a bummer, but you can honestly only do much.

Roaming through my closet, a towel tight around my body. I don't exactly know what I want to wear to this place. Since it is quite a fancy dinner, I should probably where the right apparel.

Coming to a conclusion, I decide on a silky red mini dress. It hits just below my ass, showing off my tan legs. The skintight fabric expresses my hourglass figure, a deep V-cut to display my small to medium sized boobs. If I move one wrong inch, I could flash someone, which means I'm giving a lot of faith into this dress. In the back it's open, stopping in the medium of my back, my hair covering my freckled skin. I wear golden hoops, a golden bracelet, and some gold glittery pumps. To carry my essentials, I hold a small white handbag with gold accents. Makeup is simple, a smokey eye look with bold mascara, and a scarlet matte red lipstick.

Looking at the time on my phone, I should probably head over to pick up Zoe so we're on time. Walking out of the bedroom, my heels sliding into the carpeted living room, Harry isn't anywhere to be found.

"Harry?!" I shout, my voice radiating off the walls. Blueberry's collar is heard form upstairs and a following murmur of Harry's after. I patiently wait at the bottom of the spiraled stairs, my eyes staring down at my bejeweled wrist.

"Eulalia," Harry murmurs, "fuck me..." his voice whispers, his thumb and pinter finger rubbing against his lip as he checks me out.

"I am leaving," I announce, his eyes staring at my chest, "don't forget to eat something, alright?" He blinks, his mind leaving his train of thought. I step forward, wrapping both of my arms around his neck, kissing his lips softly. Humming in pleasure, I rub myself against him, feeling his erection building up.

"You go be a badass," he groans, removing my hair off my shoulders and kissing my shoulder blade, sucking it before pulling back, "you're mine. Only mine." He murmurs, his words tingling my stomach.

I stare down at the little mark he made on me, marking me as his, "yours." I pat his cheek, pressing my heels back and turning around to head inside the kitchen, following through to the door.

Harry opens it wide, watching me leave. I wave my fingers, winking, a smirking curving on his lips before he closes the door shut, a lock right after.

Better safe than sorry.

Getting out my phone, I go to Zoe's contact to text her I am on my way. She answers with a quick thumbs up and I walk towards the elevators.

I have Harry's keys in my purse so when I go to the elevator, pressing the parking garage button, I know to go to his car instead of mine.

Zoe's home is closer to Harry's farther from mine, which makes everything a little bit more convenient. The restaurant that has reservations for us, isn't too far from Zoe's so everything is in the same area, which cools my nerves a tad bit.

Turning the ignition on, my fingers slide along the leather steering wheel. Taking a deep breath through my nose, I pull out of the regular parking spot, the wheels shift below. Confidence boosting through me once I leave the complex to head over to the highway to reach the suburban parts of the town. Stopped at a red light, I turn on the air conditioning and blare the radio through the speakers.

Three exits later, I drive down the main road of where Zoe's neighborhood is. Reaching her street, I pull up the driveway, honking the horn with two long beeps, excitement beets in my chest once I see Zoe zoom out of her house, Niall waving from the ajar front door, both of their hairs and lips flushed. God, couples.

She opens the door, her legs stepping in, a smile on her face. She leans over to hug me, "ugh, I missed you. I'm so glad you texted." She exclaims, pulling back and her eyes searching the car.

"It's Harry's," I say, assuming she's confused. Her eyes widen, shoulders shimming, a laugh escaping mine.

I leave the area to get back on the highway. Zoe beside me is fixing her nude lipstick and brushing down the flyaways on hair. The length of her thick black hair always surprises me, making me want  her hair so bad. It reaches right on her waist, a small hint of curl when it isn't straightened. Sometimes she goes through corses and she dyes thick pink highlights, but she hasn't done that in months. I quite miss it.

She wears a bright yellow dress, funky patterns designed throughout the whole dress. It meets mid thigh, a deep V-cut just like mine, but instead hers has buttons, only one clipped to hold herself together. For shoes she wears white heeled boots, red hearts crawling up the sides. A red purse, silver accents through it. She looks beautiful.

Reaching the restaurant, the streets are packed everywhere. My eyes roam, making a bunch of circles until I see someone finally leave a spot, big enough for Harry's car. I park, turn off the engine and unbuckle my seatbelt.

"Damn, Eulalia, you're really treating me." Zoe giggles, getting out of the car, my movements following hers. We meet at the end of the car, hooking arms and walking to the front door of the fancy restaurant.

Immediately, I notice the beautiful architecture of the restaurant. Red and black velvet booths, dark wooden tables with velvet seats. Dimmed lighting, a yellow tint to each bulb. Soft classical music, workers in matching uniforms. For the women, they are wearing black pencils skirts, white blouses, hair braided back with a singular red ribbon at the tail, black heels on their feet. For the men, they are wearing black dress pants, white button-up long sleeved shirts, red ties, hair slicked back, and black shiny dress shoes. For both, they have their name tags clipped on their left.

At the front, a women stares down at a piece of paper. When she hears the door ring, her eyes look up and a smile bleeds into her lips, "welcome! Can I get your names?"

"Eulalia," I answer, my arm tightening around Zoe's, my feet rocking back. The greeter searches with her white painted fingernails, her eyes looking back up to find mine.

"Follow me, Mrs. Styles." She grabs two menus in her hands and goes between the aisle of empty booths and tables. She reaches the way back, lifts up curtain walking through, regifting it to allow us to step through one at a time.

The small, quite place catches me by surprise. A large booth just for the two of us. Nobody else around. Lifting up my jaw, Zoe and I take a seat, the smooth texture on our skin makes me all nice and cozy.

With the table already set, iced waters placed out, our greater sets down the menus. My eyes narrow, taking a small glimpse before looking back up.

"Your waiter will be right with you," she declared, her fingers clasping together in front of her skirt, "enjoy!" She shrilled, leaving Zoe and I alone behind the curtain.

I turn my attention back to Zoe, who is staring down at the menu. I do the same, my eyes roaming at the cursive font, finding prices that shock me.

"This place is beautiful," Zoe noted, "how did you find this place?" She marvels, her finger tips grabbing ahold of her water.

I cross my legs underneath the table, leaning my elbows forward, "Harry found it actually," I lied, "he was going to take me, but as you know, he's caught with a cold." I half lie.

"Wait," she holds her hand out, "I stole date night?" Her head tilts to the side and I nod, bringing my own cup of water to my lips.

"Laylee, we didn't need to go this fancy. I'm good with McDonald's."

Laughing out loud, I set my cup back down, "no, trust me, Harry was alright with it. He's probably at home cuddling with Blueberry." Not a lie.

Looking back down at the menu, my mouth waters over the white rice and mushroom chicken entree. Just in time, our waiter comes over.

He has curly raven hair, bluish grey eyes, and chocolate skin. His jawline is sharp, tattoos escaping up his neck underneath the white shirt, and nose ring pushed into his skin.

"Hello ladies, I am Curtis and I will be your waiter tonight." He introduces himself, his hand gesturing to himself, "would you guys like to start off with something else to drink? Appetizers?"

I bite my lip, focusing back to the appetizers.

"I will take a Vodka Red Bull," Zoe answers, my head looking up.

"Shirley temple for me," I say right after. He nods in understanding about to leave, but I stop him, "could we also get the spinach and artichoke dip? Extra chips." Curtis nods, smiling before exiting the room.

I set down my menu, chilled out.

I don't exactly know where I will start the conversation, before, between or after dinner. But if I don't at all, consequences will kick me in the ass and I don't, can't, lose my friends and family.

Zoe straight ahead of me has no clue why we're really here. What if she's hurt when she rounds out the truth? What if she was actually enjoying our time together? What if I lose her when I told her my true life? Would she accept me? Who would she tell? Will she run out?

All these overwhelming thoughts pile into my head and I squeeze my hands in fist underneath the table. Who knew this would be so hard?

Interrupting the silence, Zoe laughs to say, "remember that one time we went out to dinner and you spilt your plate of pasta on your brand new outfit?"

Rethinking of the memory and I laugh, "that was a bloody nightmare." I bring my fingers to my face, sighing, "I was a complete mess. Physically and mentally."

Our laughs die down when Curtis walks in with our drinks and appetizer. He hands out Zoe's drink first, then mine, and then sets the table in the middle.

"Before I go, would you guys like to order?"

"Why not?" Zoe shrugs, "I will order the shrimp pasta, please." He nods, turning his eyes to mine. I bite the inside of my cheek, "I will have the white rice with mushroom chicken, please and thank you."

Curtis nods, taking our menus and leaving us with alone. I dive into the dip, grabbing a fresh chip and scoop the food onto my chip, shoving it in my mouth. Covering my mouth while I chew, I watch Zoe do the same thing, being extra careful to night spill.

Washing my mouth with my Shirley temple, I clear my throat to finally start the dreadful conversation. "So." I drag.

"So." She repeats me, chewing down her last bits of food.

-Harry-

Stroking back and forth along the blank canvas, the bright red line vibrates it completely. Scooting closer and closer to the surface, my tongue slightly stocked out while I focus, soft music plays in the background. Blueberry sits to my right, all curled up in a ball, soft hums escape from her nose.

Since painting has gotten taken away for a bit, I thought I would work on something while Eulalia enjoys her night. I really hope she doesn't freak. But knowing her, she won't. She's strong.

Not sure what I'm planning on doing, most times I have something to base it on, but my mind has gone blank this time. Scrolling through Pinterest or Instagram doesn't spark me, and I feel severely stuck.

Staring down at my feet, watching BB sleep smoothly, I bite my lip frustrated. Getting up from my seat, I walk over to the mini fridge that's plugged in at the bottom of the steps. I open the door to grab ahold of a refreshing beverage, Diet Coke.

It wasn't something I drink would pick from a few months ago, but ever since I started hanging out with Eulalia, her taste in food and drinks lingered over to me and now everyone around the house it's packed with Diet Cokes. And I am not ashamed.

Retrieving the drink to my lips, the cold fuzz coats my throat, reviving my mind to try something. Returning back to my area, on my left I set my canned drink on the small side table that holds my palette of paints.

Gabbing my paintbrush again, I take another dab of red paint and stroke the haired brush, drawing a clean-cut rectangle, not filling the whole canvas, but the bottom half.

Licking my lips, the sweet taste of Diet Coke lingering on my lips. I take a look back before moving forward and filling in the rectangle. Looking down at my feet, I take note of the designs drawn through the rug below me, the vibrant red bleeding against Blueberry's skin.

Since Blueberry is a new addition to me and Eulalia's family, I thought I would paint our skin ball, possibly hanging it somewhere in the apartment.

Continuing with the painting, I grab a smaller, more thin paint brush to make small drawing of the very distinctive designs portrayed in the rug.

Very focused in painting, I hear noises above me. Deep footsteps. Dropping my brush, I take my phone to check the time. It hasn't even been an hour since Eulalia left. She can't be back already, can she?

Pushing back my stool, I leave my paints and go over to the staircase, my eyes looking up the darkness. Squinting my eyes, I see a shadow walk past the door. She would've yelled my name by now.

Quietly walking up the stairs, my hands hovers the doorknob, hearing my surroundings before exiting. Flattening my lips, z i take my chances and walk out. With every thing so quite, I go to the kitchen first and grabbing ahold of a sharp knife to defend myself.

Assuming the intruder went upstairs, I hide behind them so once they come down they won't notice and I can catch them from behind. Holding the knife close to my chest, I halt my breathing to keep all noises away.

Patience isn't my thing so when I finally hear footsteps back down the spiral stairs, I step closer. Once the tall figure stops to go inside the kitchen, I begin to choke the person in a headlock. He grunts, struggling to squirm out of my hold. I bring the blade up to his neck, leaning my mouth to his ear, "who are you?"

"I-I...don't kill me ple-please."

"Who are you!?" I shout, tightening my hold. His feet shift and side along the tile. I try to hold him still but he's bolder than I thought. He escapes my arms and turns around to pull out his own weapon, a handgun.

"Drop the knife!" He hollers, his feet inching toward me. I step back, my feet touching the carpet. My breathing increases, my finger tingles, and my eyes become glossy.

"He says hello." The intruder taunts, and I freeze. This catches the guy in a chuckle before grabbing. my wrist, pressing the back of the barrel on my forehead, "he said if you betray him again, life will get ugly for you." And the guy drops the gun to walk away.

My feet stay still, until they don't. I'm moving forward to grab ahold of the knife, the intruder in arms length. I shove the blade into the person's neck, the vibrant liquid squirting and spraying the kitchen.

In shock, I drop the knife and it crashes against the tiled floor. Blood drips out and pooling by my feet.

Standing still, I go into complete silence.

-Eulalia-

"Zoe, I need to tell you something serious." I reveal, "I didn't just invite you for dinner to chat, I have a secret I have been hiding from all of you." I admit before continuing, "you as in Melina, Ceci, Dawn, Niall, and you. It wasn't really my intention to hide it, but in my case I was scared you guys would assume I was this terrible human. Looking back at it, I suppose I kinda am in a sense."

"What's wrong?" She slides her hand out, quite concerned.

"I-I'm..I-I...uh," I barely can contain a sentence. Inhaling deeply, I swallow my nerves down the drain. "I kill people by choice. Ever since my sister was killed, I have this sense of protection and promise to keep for her. It may not be the smartest choice or the best way to grieve or the only way to live life, but I do it anyways." My shoulders deflate, my eyes staring down at the condensation dripping down the glass cup.

"I know."

My eyes draw up, confusion hitting me like a building of bricks. Leaning forward, Zoe looks away to stare at the velvet curtain.

"What do you mean?" I question, my lips ajar, shock crawling through me.

"Do you remember why I don't speak to my parents, my adopted parents? And why I found my biological parents instead when I turned an adult?" Thinking back to the small talk when she was drunk once, I remember a little bit. Before I could answer, Zoe added on, "well, the people who adopted me actually were hardcore criminals, dealing illegal drugs, and importing and exporting guns over seas. It wasn't my choice to join so young, but I did. My first mission was to kill a man who failed to send over a brick. Cocaine.

"I was terrified. Traumatized. But doing it a few more times, I enjoyed the adrenaline and thrill of it. Until I turned 18-years-old and wanted to leave. My parents were high in the Mafia, so getting out was hard. Pulling a few strings with my father, he gave in and I left New York to come to Arizona. I haven't looked back, but I know sometime it would bite me in the ass later."

Once Zoe is completed with her story, I lay back in the booth, rubbing my hands over my face. Stress is an understatement.

"Wow," I say speechless.

"Yeah, but what does this have to do with me after all?" Zoe arches her eyebrow and I recollect my body.

"I've been getting blackmailed for quite some time now. Our mystery man finally decided to send a letter and he made me do this whole thing—"

"Here you go ladies," Curtis walks in, interrupting our deep conversations. I curl a smile on my lips and readjust my posture. He hands over our food and we both dive in, "enjoy! If you need anything shout my name." We nod, turning our eyes back to each other.

"Now," I sigh, "where was I? Right, this man picked you out to tell you my darkest secret and what I'm realizing now, it was a set up this whole time."

"Damn, Eulalia."

"I know, I probably should've said something before but I was scared you guys would all think I'm a cold-blooded killer. I promise I still have feelings. It just sucks, everything." I scoop my food and pile it in my mouth, eating my thoughts away.

"I understand how you feel. When working with people who I thought loved me, only discovering they were only using me. Technically holding me hostage. They kidnapped me from my parents because my biological father ended up working with my other father, James, once, and failed miserably. Apparently, my father didn't pay back and James retrieved me from my own home."

"Shit. That is mad fucked up. I'm seriously glad you're safe now. Niall and you deserve each other."

She grins, "thank you. So do you and Harry."

Swallowing another bite, I take a sip of my drink.

15 minutes later, our food is finished and we're cackling it up. Curtis comes back to grab our plates and to inform us, "your bill has been paid for already. He says thank you for completing your mission successfully." The way Curtis says this sends chills up my back, "oh! And he ordered me to give you this." Curtis adds, handing me a note. The following clue.

I hate that it's come to this..but I told you so
~
The hurricane has finally hit
Everything for you could split
I Beg of you not to quit
It's just starting to get legit
Now go sit
Because we're about to have a conflict
Maybe a car flipped?
How does it sound lit?

B?

None of this is making sense.

Car flipped? Check.

Lit car? To be determined.

Zoe and I leave the restaurant. She convinces me to stop at McDonald's to order ice cream. "I swear to God, if the ice cream machine isn't working, I will riot and sue." Laughing, I order to comes of vanilla ice cream.

"Two cones? Your total will be at the first window."

"Let's fucking go! Ice cream for the win."

I drop off Zoe minutes later and drive back to the apartment. Smiles and excitement explain how I feel exactly. I am so happy everything went well and she didn't leave me.

Once reaching the apartment, the door is open.

That's weird.

I press my fingers on the wooden door, being careful. The first thing I notice is Harry, standing in the kitchen in shock. Eyes blood shot. Looking down, I see the dead body and the pool of thick blood, which Blueberry has found interest in.

—————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 122 29
In which a story about a girl whose life was nothing as she'd planned when having to live together with an arrogant renowned rockstar. Aurora Winters...
21.6K 377 69
ECSASY: An overwhelming fear of joy or happiness - "Tell me you hate me", he says. "I hate you", I say it, over and over and over again. "I hate you...
1K 56 62
Lucy Caddel, a 21 year old born in Silver Spring, Maryland. Working in cybersecurity, she accidentally stumbles across a secret mission from links to...
29.5K 710 82
"No, Tell me this was all a dream, please. I'm begging you!" I yelled. "Then this wouldn't be as fun as it is now, would it darling?" The voice spo...