thief (of my heart)

By jensooffs

Princess Jennie gets abducted, on the day her kingdom is invaded. She also accidentally gets rescued by the t... More

-I-
-II-
-III-
-IV-
-V-
-VI-
-VII-
-VIII-
-IX-
-X-
-XI-
-XII-
-XIII-
-XIV-
-XV-
-XVI-
-XVII-
-XIX-
-XX-
-XXI-
-XXII-
-XXIII-
-XXIV-
-XXV-
-XXVI-
-XXVII-
-XXVIII-
-XXIX-🔞
-XXX-
-XXXI-
-XXXII-
-XXXIII- [Epilogue I]
-XXXIV- [Epilogue II]

-XVIII-

816 79 47
By jensooffs

Jisoo and Jennie were escorted into the king's dining hall by the guards.

"Your Majesty," Jennie bowed respectfully. "Thank you for inviting us to your table."

"It is my pleasure, Princess Jennie. You may just call me Seungri." The king replied with a polite nod. "And who is this young woman you have brought with you?"

"This is my personal guard, Jisoo." Jennie introduced her, using the same excuse Jisoo used earlier. It was easier than to explain everything.

"A pleasure to meet you, Jisoo." The king said, offering his hand for a shake. Jisoo took it, noting the strength of the king's grip.

They sat down to dinner, the conversation was polite but tense. The king was clearly aware of the tension between their two kingdoms and Jennie was there on her father's orders to create an alliance between two of the three warring kingdoms.

Jisoo kept a close eye on the king, trying to read his thoughts and intentions. He seemed like a shrewd and calculating ruler.

"Your Highness," Jennie said, her voice shaking slightly. Jisoo held her hand under the table, giving her strength.

"My father has sent me here to propose an alliance between our two kingdoms. Our lands have suffered enough in this war and we both know that we could benefit from each other's resources."

"Your castle has been invaded by the Chinese. How do you plan to retake control of your land?" The king cut his juicy steak.

"Indeed, we are facing a difficult situation," Jennie said, keeping her composure. "But they haven't taken over the entire kingdom yet. If you could provide us with some military support, we could push back the invaders and take back our land. We still have skilled soldiers and strategists and I'm certain their spirits are not broken yet. If I was there with them, we could successfully defend our land and retake control of our castle."

"That sounds like I would have to give more than take."

"I understand that this proposal might seem imbalanced at first glance but my father believes that it's a win-win situation for both our kingdoms. With our combined forces, we could not only retake our lands but also protect our people from future threats."

"And what guarantee do I have that your kingdom will hold up their end of the bargain?" The king raised an eyebrow, considering her words.

"I give you my personal guarantee that we will honour the terms of the alliance and work together towards a better future."

The king nodded slowly. "Very well. I will consider your proposal and get back to you with my decision. In the meantime, please enjoy the rest of your meal and the hospitality of my kingdom."

Jennie breathed a small sigh of relief, knowing that the first step towards peace had been taken. She exchanged a glance with Jisoo, who gave her a small nod of encouragement.

The king set down his knife and fork, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "Excuse me but my schedule is quite busy. I regret that our time together must be cut short."

Without waiting for a reply, the king stood up from the table and walked towards the door. His guards followed closely behind him, leaving the two alone in the room.

Jennie and Jisoo continued to eat dinner, though the conversation died down considerably after the king's departure.

Jisoo especially was really quiet. She wondered what the king was doing behind those closed doors and what he was planning.

"I know what we are trying is a long shot but we need this alliance if we're going to end this war." Jennie took a sip of wine, trying to calm her nerves.

"It's just...I don't trust him. Something about him seems off. He makes me uncomfortable." She murmured under her breath.

Jennie noticed that Jisoo was barely touching her food. Concern etched her features as she watched her push the food around with her fork.

"Eat something," She laid a hand on her arm. "Restore your energy first, then we can worry about our situation."

The dinner was a lavish affair, as one would expect from a king's table. There were multiple courses, each one more decadent than the last. The table was adorned with sparkling silverware and delicate crystal glasses. The air was filled with the aroma of exotic spices and succulent roasts.

There were plates of juicy steak, cooked to perfection, and served with a side of creamy mashed potatoes. There were roasted vegetables drizzled with fragrant olive oil, and platters of fresh fruits and cheeses. The centerpiece of the table was a large roasted turkey, stuffed with herbs and spices and surrounded by glistening gravy.

Jisoo nodded, picking up her knife and fork. She cut into the succulent meat. The juices ran down her chin as she bit into it. She never ate anything like this before.

Jennie picked up a tissue to wipe her chin, making her blush as she quickly wiped her mouth and resumed eating.

Jisoo was embarrassed when Jennie wiped her chin, feeling that it should be her pampering the princess, not the other way around.

For the rest of the dinner, she attempted to coddle her, asking if she needed anything and refilling her drink before she even asked. She felt like it was her duty to treat her like royalty, or maybe that's just the way she would treat her girlfriend.

"Allow me, my lady," The raven said, picking up the fork and knife from Jennie's petite hands. "Let me feed you tonight."

Jennie giggled softly at Jisoo's chivalry. "You don't have to do that, Chu. I can do it myself." She replied, trying to take the utensils back from her.

But Jisoo shook her head stubbornly, a determined look in her eyes. "No, please. Let me take care of you tonight. You are still exhausted. Let me pamper you a bit. I'm sure you missed getting treated like this."

"Hmm... I kind of got used to the life on road but I would be lying if I said, I didn't miss it just a bit."

"Then it's settled. I'll take care of you."

She proceeded to serve her, making sure to cut her meat into small, bite-sized pieces and arranged them on her plate. She then spooned the steaming vegetables onto the side of her plate, making sure to give her a generous portion.

The food was already delicious but Jisoo's attentiveness made it better. Also the way she would peck her cheeks whenever she fed her a spoon.

It made Jennie take a hold of her by the collar and push her up that table.

"You know, you're quite good at this. I think you should be my personal servant... Would you like that?" She whispered with a mischievous smile.

Jisoo felt a shiver run down her spine at her words. "I aim to please, my lady." Her voice was low and husky.

Jennie's grin widened as she kissed her hungrily. Jisoo smiled into the kiss, enjoying the taste of the gravy mixed with Jennie's lips. She wrapped her arms around her waist, placing her on her lap as she deepened the kiss. It took several minutes before they pulled away from each other, breathless.

Jennie sighed at Jisoo's slightly dazed expression. "I want more of you... but again, we should probably not..." She mumbled, placing a hand on her cheek.

Jisoo snorted out a laugh. "You keep starting and then you back out." She teased, not actually upset.

Jennie rolled her eyes playfully. "I know, I know. You just seem so tempting but then I remember we can't risk it."

Jisoo's expression turned serious. "You're right. We have to focus on the bigger picture. But that doesn't mean we can't steal a few moments for ourselves."

"I like the way you think." Jennie graced her with a gummy smile.

"And I like the way you taste." She whispered, pecking her plump lips.

It didn't feel like they were forgetting something at all, even though it should have.

Because while Jennie and Jisoo were enjoying their dinner and each other's lips, Chaeyoung and Lisa were hiding behind the bookshelf in the chamber.

"Shh..." Lisa shushed the cat, covering his mouth so he would be quiet.

They held their breaths as the soldiers entered with the king. They could hear the faint murmurs of the king's deep voice as he began speaking with his men.

"Have they made any progress in retaking their lands from the Chinese?"

One of the soldiers stepped forward. "From what we've heard, Your Highness, they are struggling to hold their ground."

"That's good." The king laughed, making the secret spectators muffle a gasp.

The conversation continued, with the king discussing his plans to gain control of both Baekje and Goguryeo with the help of the Chinese. Chaeyoung and Lisa listened in horror.

The king whispered to his general.

"Call the Chinese emperor Han and let him know that the princess is here. He desired to have her not just as a trophy but as a political asset. We can use her to negotiate a better deal with them."

"Yes, Your Highness. I will send a messenger immediately." The general nodded, understanding the king's intentions.

The king smiled slyly to himself.

The conference was wrapping up, and Chaeyoung and Lisa breathed a sigh of relief, thinking they were in the clear. But just as they were about to leave, Lisa sneezed.

Everyone in the room turned to look at the source of the noise. Lisa froze, realising her mistake. Chaeyoung put a hand on her arm, trying to calm her down but it was too late.

The king's soldiers immediately turned their attention to the source of the sound. They searched the chamber and eventually discovered them.

The king's expression turned dark as he glared at the two intruders. "We have spies in our midst! Take them away and throw them in the dungeon!" He commanded icily.

*****

Jennie and Jisoo finished their dinner and the dessert that followed, they chatted about their plans for the next day. Jennie suggested taking a stroll around the castle grounds, Jisoo agreed.

As they rose from the table, Jennie felt a sudden chill run through her body. She wrapped her arms around herself and looked around, wondering if a window had been left open.

"Is everything alright, my love?" Jisoo asked, noticing her shiver.

"I don't know...I just felt a strange breeze." Jennie said, looking around once again.

"It's probably just a drafty window," Jisoo concluded, taking her hand. "Let's head back to our chambers and get some rest."

Jennie nodded in agreement and allowed Jisoo to lead her out of the dining hall.

"I want to say goodnight to Chaeyoung and Lisa." Jennie hummed, swinging their entwined hands.

"Of course." Jisoo replied, smiling down at her. "Let's make a quick stop at their chambers before we head to ours."

They walked up to Chaeyoung and Lisa's door, but found it locked. Jennie frowned, confused.

"That's strange," She mumbled, turning to a nearby servant. "Do you happen to know where Chaeyoung and Lisa are?"

The servant looked nervous for a moment before answering. "Um, I believe they said they were going to spend some time in the garden, Princess."

Jennie raised an eyebrow but decided not to press the issue. "Thank you," She answered politely.

"It's late already, we can just say good morning to them tomorrow." Jisoo shrugged.

"You're right, we should get some rest. I'm exhausted.." She yawned.

Jisoo chuckled softly. "I can tell," She said, kissing the side of her face as they walked towards their chambers.

Jisoo opened the door for her and they stepped inside. The room was lit with candles flickering on the bedside tables.

The princess moved towards the bed to change into her nightgown. While she rummaged through her clothes, Jisoo went to close the windows, making sure they were securely latched.

The raven didn't ask her what happened to sleeping naked. She knew the reason why she picked her nightgown to sleep in suddenly was for things not to get out of hand, as she said before.

Jennie slipped into her nightgown and got into bed. Jisoo followed suit, soon they were both drifting off into a peaceful slumber, wrapped in each other's arms.

*****

Chaeyoung and Lisa found themselves locked in a damp, dark dungeon, with water dripping from the ceiling. The smell was terrible.

"This place smells like a troll's armpit..." Lisa let out a loud groan and flopped onto the cold, hard ground.

"Yeah, this isn't quite what I imagined when you asked me about 'spending some time' together," Chaeyoung sighed.

"I know. I was hoping for a nice stroll in the garden after our castle exploration, not a damp prison cell." Lisa chuckled.

Suddenly a rat scurried across the floor, causing Chaeyoung to shriek and jump onto Lisa's back.

"What are we going to do?" Chaeyoung asked frantically.

Lisa smiled. "Well, this time I'm prepared. I gave Luca the letter before we were caught and told him to go to Jennie. As for us, we are going to escape."

"Escape? How?" Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow.

"Do you remember how I showed you my upgraded pink helmet?" She knocked on it twice. "The upgrade wasn't just the colour."

She pressed on a neatly hidden button at the side of the helmet. To Chaeyoung's surprise, a small drill emerged from the top of the helmet.

"As you can see it's a mini-drill. It can break through locks and chains and maybe even dig us a tunnel, albeit it will take very long." Lisa went on to explain upon seeing Chaeyoung's questioning expression.

In demonstration the miner took the helmet off and turned on the mini-drill. She carefully aimed the drill at the stone ground and started digging. The sound of the drill echoed through the dungeon. But it wasn't louder than the sounds of torturing screams they could hear from the other rooms around them.

*****

Jisoo woke up before Jennie, the morning light filtering through the window casting a soft glow on her face. She had been watching her peaceful sleeping form for a while now, before reaching out to lightly trace her fingers over her skin. She marvelled at how soft and delicate she felt under her touch and how lucky she was to have her by her side.

She leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead, inhaling the sweet scent of her freshly washed hair.

She had to pinch herself to stop gushing over her, her love was overflowing. They had been through so much together but every moment spent with Jennie felt like a gift.

"I promise to cherish you for as long as I live..." Jisoo whispered softly to Jennie, lightly brushing her body with her fingers and memorising every curve and dip of her body.

"I love you more than anything, my sweet Jennie." She whispered softly.

Eventually, Jennie stirred and opened her eyes, a sleepy smile spreading across her face as she saw her watching her. "Good morning..." She whispered, reaching up to brush a strand of raven hair out of her face.

"Good morning, my love." Jisoo replied, instantly pulling her close as she was still not fully awake and pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

Jennie melted into the kiss, feeling warm and safe in Jisoo's strong arms. She loved the way she looked at her, like she was the only person in the world who mattered.

"Did you sleep well?" Jisoo asked, nuzzling her ticklish neck.

"Mhm, yes. Did you?" Jennie replied, running her fingers through her messy morning hair.

"Yes, I did. Especially since I got to wake up next to you." Jisoo smiled against her neck.

"Your words have always been romantic but now... they feel different... it somehow truly touches my heart when you speak this way nowadays." Jennie sighed dreamily.

"There is something about you that brings out the cheesy romantic in me, love." She kissed her forehead gently.

As they were snuggling lazily, Jennie's belly let out a loud grumble, causing her cheeks to flush with embarrassment. Jisoo chuckled and leaned back to look at her.

"Sounds like someone's hungry." The raven teased, placing a hand on her stomach and caressing it gently.

"That's because we were sleeping for so long... You should have woken me up." The other pouted.

"It's alright, princess. I'll go get you some breakfast right now." Jisoo exclaimed in devotion, pressing a tender kiss to her nose before getting out of bed.

Jennie smiled and watched her dress before her lover made her way out of their chambers to fetch breakfast for her.

On her way she heard footsteps behind her. Before she could react, she was tackled from behind and a bag was thrown over her head. She was dragged through a maze of corridors before finally being thrown into a small, dark cell.

When the bag was finally removed from her head, she saw Chaeyoung and Lisa sitting in the corner, looking surprised to see her.

"Jisoo? What are you doing here?" Chaeyoung asked, confusion written all over her face.

"I...was on my way to get breakfast for Jennie when I was attacked..." Jisoo explained, rubbing her aching shoulder. "What happened to you two?"

"We were caught by the king's guards and thrown into the dungeon." Lisa replied.

"Ah, I should have known... So what did you two do this time to get us thrown into the dungeon?" Jisoo let out a groan and facepalmed herself.

"Actually, we didn't do anything wrong this time." Chaeyoung defended.

"What? Then why are we here?" Jisoo asked, still confused.

"Well, we were trying to help you guys escape." Lisa shrugged, acting innocent.

"So Luca didn't reach you yet..." Chaeyoung concluded, sighing in frustration. "This is bad... they might come for Jennie next..."

Jisoo grew increasingly worried, so Lisa explained the whole thing. How the king of Silla was working together with the Chinese and intended to capture Jennie. Of course, this only worried her more.

The thief was fretting in panic and began banging against the metal door. Lisa let out a low whistle, gaining her attention. The miner then pressed on the button of her helmet, showing her drill before she kicked a thin blanket aside and pointed at the hole she dug.

"Relax. We are working on our way out of here." Lisa grinned, jumping into it and getting right back to work. The fireflies in her helmet providing her with light.

*****

Jennie grew restless waiting for Jisoo to return with breakfast. She got up from the bed, stretched her limbs and walked over to the door. Peering out of the door, she scanned the hallway but saw no sign of her lover. She chewed her lower lip nervously, it was not like the raven to leave her alone for so long.

After a few moments of indecision, she made up her mind to step out on her own. She couldn't just sit idly by while Jisoo was missing. She went out cautiously, the hallway was still empty.

Jennie jumped when she felt someone touch her shoulder. She turned around and was relieved to see that it was Taehyung, with Luca in his arms. The cat seemed to have something in his mouth, and as the Hwarang approached her, Luca dropped a rolled-up piece of paper into her hands.

"Lady Jennie, the cat bears a message and insists it's for you." The Hwarang bowed respectfully.

Jennie picked up the paper and unrolled it. Her eyes widened as she read the letter.

"Luca, are you the feline companion of the former queen of Silla?" Jennie asked him, receiving a small nod from him as he blinked twice. "So, you are meaning to tell me, the current king is not to be trusted?" The cat purred, yes.

"Listen to it carefully. According to our village's prophecy, the cat knows what to do to bring peace." Taehyung held Luca up and placed him on Jennie's shoulder.

"Is that so?" Jennie asked the feline who just blinked at her in confusion, probably thinking something along the lines of 'Why do they ask me? I just want my head to be scratched.'

The princess thought about their entire journey. The whole time she thought when she reached Silla everything would be magically solved but that was far from the truth. Her father didn't think it through and she didn't try to view it from another perspective. Now she had to.

Her options were limited. Different thoughts swirled in her head like seeking allies, planning a rebellion, negotiating. What she should have done from the beginning was enter her kingdom, not leave it. She had to sneak back into her kingdom and make contact with the military commander.

"Taehyung, can you send a few urgent messages for me?" Jennie suddenly requested. "One has to reach my friend Chanwoo from Baekje, another is for a pirate group led by a Captain called Yoona and the last one is for a Yellow Turban Rebellion army member called Haein. I know it's a lot to ask but I don't know anyone else to rely on right now."

The Hwarang saw her determined expression and obliged, believing in his gut feeling that told him to help this group. So Jennie quickly went back to her chamber, wrote three letters with a quill and gave it to Taehyung. The man assured her, he would personally deliver them to her friends and dutifully took off instantly.

Since the princess was already in this kingdom, she could try to find out more about Silla's military strategy. About her friends, she asked Luca to show them where she was as the cat sauntered away.

Jennie tiptoed through the corridors, her heart pounding as she tried to avoid the guards patrolling the area. She finally arrived at the library that was filled with rows of dusty books and ancient artefacts. She made her way through the shelves, searching for any useful, confidential information.

She found a few books on military tactics, diplomacy, the history of Silla and its enemies. She also came across a map of the surrounding kingdoms which she drew into her separate notebook with a quill pen and ink.

With her arms full of books, she searched for a place to hide and study all books. She spotted an old broom closet at the end of the hallway. It was tucked away in a corner and looked like it hadn't been used in years. She quickly made her way inside and closed the door behind her, making sure to lock it from the inside.

It was a tight fit but she managed to squeeze herself in among the old cleaning supplies and equipment. She began skimming over the books, taking notes and strategising.

*****

"How much longer?" Jisoo whispered to Lisa.

"The stone is hard, it could take me up to 12 hours or even more to complete the escape tunnel." Lisa replied.

"12 hours?! I'm supposed to leave the princess alone for 12 hours?!" Jisoo's face paled.

Her mind started racing anxiously. "What if she gets captured by then? Or hurt? What if she needs me and I'm not there?" She exclaimed in distress, rubbing her temples.

"I think Jisoo is losing it." Chaeyoung leaned over to Lisa and whispered

Without turning the drill off, Lisa turned to look at Jisoo, who was lying flat on the stony ground they had just dug through, face down. Jisoo was making frustrated sounds and muttering to herself.

They were aware of how deeply Jisoo cared for Jennie but her worry and anxiety would not help their current situation.

Chaeyoung saw Lisa working tirelessly with her mini drill and noticed that the debris and rocks from the tunnel were piling up. She thought she could help by clearing them away to keep the area clear for Lisa to work.

So Chaeyoung picked up rock after rock. She quickly scooped them up and dumped them outside of the tunnel. As she worked, she also kept an eye out for any approaching guards and signalled to Lisa and Jisoo if anyone was coming.

While she worked on clearing the debris as Lisa drilled, their arms brushed against each other's occasionally.

The miner just couldn't resist stealing glances at Chaeyoung. She noticed her smooth skin, the way her red hair flowed, how the sweat dripped down her skin and how her muscles flexed as she moved the debris out of her way.

"You know, I couldn't have asked for a better partner. You're pretty cute when you're covered in dust." Lisa flashed a charming smile at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung giggled and brushed off some of the dust from her clothes.

"You're really good at lifting heavy things." Lisa continued, flirtatious.

"Thanks. I used to lift heavy bags of rice back in my village." Chaeyoung chuckled.

Lisa leaned in closer to her. "I'm sure you did. You're so strong." She noted, her hand lightly touching her arm.

Chaeyoung blushed but didn't pull away. "And you're really good at drilling and building stuff." She replied, her eyes meeting hers.

Lisa smirked. "I can think of a few other things I'm good at," She said, one of her hands moving to the small of her back while the other kept drilling.

Chaeyoung bit her lip. "Oh really? Like what?" She asked, playing along.

Lisa leaned in even closer, her lips close to her ear. "Well, for starters, I'm really good at making beautiful women like you feel special." She whispered.

Jisoo groaned loudly, interrupting their playful banter. "My beautiful, sweet Jennie is in danger and all you two can think about is flirting with each other? Seriously?"

"Oh, come on. You probably slept peacefully with Jennie in your arms and didn't even notice we were missing." Lisa retorted.

The raven opened her mouth to retort but then closed it, realising Lisa had a point. She sighed in frustration and dropped her head back against the stone ground.

Jisoo could only hope the king and his guards wouldn't get their hands on the princess while the three of them were still occupied here.

*****

Krystal knocked on the door of the king's chamber and waited until she heard his gruff voice permit her to enter. She split up from Jongin to inform the king about their latest encounters, while Jongin continued on tracing the princess. The king was sitting on his throne, beckoning Krystal to enter.

"Counselor Seungri," Krystal called him. That's how she used to call him when he was still in another position and she never stopped. "My partner and I made significant progress in tracking our target down. We believe we will have her in our custody soon."

The king's eyes narrowed, he chuckled darkly. "Oh, do you, now? Well, I hate to break it to you but you are much too slow and useless. I already have the princess in my possession. She is in the castle and my guards are currently searching for her."

The knight's heart sank. "Your Majesty, that's impossible," She protested. "We've been following her for almost a year! How could you have gotten her so quickly?"

The king's grin widened, he snapped his fingers. In an instant, the door to the chamber burst open and two guards grabbed the knight roughly by the arms.

"I have no need for you anymore, Krystal." The king spat.

"You can't just dispose of us like this! We have served you loyally-" The knight's mouth hung open in disbelief.

"Silence!" The king roared. The guards drew their weapons. "I don't want to see this useless knight again!"

And with that he snapped his fingers, commanding his guards to follow his orders.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

752K 24K 28
"in which jennie kim is afraid of thunders, and lalisa manoban is there to protect her."
992 27 6
A not so special CHAELISA short story.
293K 12.4K 26
When Jennie Kim discovers a woman living in her garage, she has the urge to kick her out and call the police. But Lisa just needs a place to get away...
57.2K 1K 15
Rosé cheated on Y/n, Y/n found out the hard way that he couldn't trust anyone, fleeing to Europe away from the spotlights of the Korean media, realiz...