Let the Sun Be Seen; Kenji K...

By trynafindtyler

Held in the Reestablishment's grip, Kenji Kishimoto and Rome Vera find solace within each other. But as war l... More

Let the Sun Be Seen
Prologue
๐—”๐—–๐—ง ๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜ - Shatter Me
๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜ ๐—ง๐—ข ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ก, ๐—ง๐—˜๐—ก ๐—ง๐—ข ๐—ข๐—ก๐—˜
๐—™๐—”๐— ๐—œ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—”๐—ฅ ๐—™๐—”๐—–๐—˜
๐—ฃ๐—ฅ๐—ฌ๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—™๐—ข๐—ฅ ๐— ๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—˜
๐€๐‘๐†๐”๐Œ๐„๐๐“๐’ ๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐‹๐€๐’๐“๐ˆ๐๐†
๐‘๐”๐๐๐ˆ๐๐† ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡๐Ž๐”๐“ ๐“๐‡๐Ž๐”๐†๐‡๐“
๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐ƒ๐ƒ๐„๐ƒ ๐๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ ๐’๐“๐€๐ˆ๐๐’
๐Ž๐๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐”๐“๐„
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐„๐€๐๐ˆ๐๐† ๐“๐Ž ๐’๐”๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐‘๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐„๐… ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐€ ๐๐‘๐„๐„๐™๐„
๐–๐€๐‘๐Œ๐“๐‡ ๐“๐‡๐€๐“ ๐‚๐€๐'๐“ ๐๐„ ๐‘๐„๐€๐‚๐‡๐„๐ƒ
๐ƒ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐๐„๐€๐‚๐„

๐€ ๐’๐”๐‘๐๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐„ ๐†๐”๐„๐’๐“

734 38 98
By trynafindtyler

𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐂𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏, it's around 4:00 am. i'm on the coach while adam and juilette are sharing a bed in the other room, jame's sleeping in his own room.

i can feel someone attempting to shaking me awake, i toss over so my back is facing them. when i realize it's james and he's crying, i turn back over and sit up. his eyes are red and filled with tears, some already slipping out. he looks down, he starts fidgeting with his fingers.

he opens his arms, asking me with his actions for a hug. i comply as i hug him tight, rocking side to side slightly as i hug james. "was it nightmares?"

"y-yeah." i can feel my shirt dampen by his tears as he holds tighter while resting his head on my shoulder. "do you want me to go get adam?"

"yes." just like how i have panic attacks, he has nightmares every now and then. since i don't stay over at his house often, it's rare for me to see him having a nightmare.

he's told me about it in the past though, sometimes he makes me stay in his room until he falls asleep because he's so scared at the thought of nightmares happening.

i slowly start to release him and stand up, i grab his hand and walk up to adams door. his hand holding mine is just as tight as he was hugging me.

his hands are sweaty and burning hot; it feels like he's cutting off my blood circulation, but i don't seem to care; the thought of james needing adam is my number one priority.

"adam?" i hear shuffling on the bed. god help me if i think their doing is what their doing.

"what?"

"uh-james had a nightmare and he's asking for you."

"james?" adam inquired, his voice starting to sound worried.

"can i come sleep out here with you?" james hiccuped, squeezing my hand tighter.

"of course, was is the nightmares?" adam asks softly, probably not trying to freak him out more. but james stays silent while the floor creaks and adam comes to the door and opens it.

i release james hand as adam picks him up, carrying him back to his room. me and juliette watch everything unfold.

we stay back and watch as adam comes back with bedding, and starts tucking him into bed. he's asleep right when his head hits the pillow. when james soft breathing is the only thing that can be heard in the room, adam looks back at me and juliette.

there's an awkward silence. i can tell adam wants me out of his room.

"so, um - im just gonna go, you can get back to it-" i walk out of the room and quietly close the door.

soon enough, i find myself heating up breakfast for james, it's around eight am. james has seen to forgot all about his nightmare that occurring only hours earlier.

he's questioning juliette about how he can touch adam.

ironic.

"how come you can touch him" annoyed, he raises his voice. "are you going to answer me?" the bed shuffles, and now adams awake as he asks for juliette, but when he realizes james is confronting both of him he's instantly wake.

"you're sleeping with a girl!"

"james, jesus chr-"

i laugh at the thought of adams face as james interrogates adam for sleeping next to a girl, him doing the same with juliette a minute later.

"james, go get ready for school, alright?" i proposed as i push him slightly away from adams room and towards his room instead.

"wait rome, let me help him." adam interjects as he gets up from the bed and goes next to james. they walk into his room in which i assume adam is getting james ready for school.

me and juliette are left alone.

"are you guys together?"

"w-what? what would make you say that?"

"i mean . . you guys-like slept in the same bed." i glance to juliette and see her face burn up, it reminds me of when we first met.

"uh, well i guess you would say that. i don't know." she says face still flushed.

"i won't tell anyone, plus who do i have to tell anyway?" i joke while grinning. her face starts to return back to normal as she lets out a snicker.

james door squeaking open invervines our conversation as james and adam walk out. james look beyond embarrassed as adam squeezes his shoulder and asks if he's okay.

"i know what a girlfriend is-"

"i never said you didn't kno-"

"so you're his girlfriend?" juliette turns red again. i've never seen someone get red in the face that much times, she has to have a record.

"let's go get ready for school, okay?" i proposed  as i grab his breakfast and walk over to him. handing james the tin foil package as he starts getting upset. "no one even goes to school rome!" james bickers. "it's not even a re-"

"me and adam want you to go james, plus adam will be here when we get back, right?" i look over my shoulder to see adam nod his head.

"i'll stay right here, i promise." james hesistes then runs to adam; hugs him so tight it seems adam wouldn't be here when james returns.

adam messes james as james pulls out of the hug. "you need a haircut."

"but rome and juliette have long hair!" i see juliette touch her hair then look down, she's might be self conscious about it. she has beautiful hair, she shouldn't cut it.

i shrug and go to james room to get his backpack.
"alright james, we gotta hurry, say bye."

"whatever."

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

𝘐𝘔 𝘖𝘕 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘊𝘖𝘜𝘊𝘏 𝘞𝘐𝘛𝘏 𝘖𝘕𝘌 𝘖𝘍 𝘈𝘋𝘈𝘔𝘚 𝘖𝘓𝘋 𝘉𝘖𝘖𝘒𝘚, while adam is in the shower and juliette's eating granola.

even though it's been alright, i have to hurry home, plus ingrid is probably worried. she freaks out when i don't come home without telling her first.  i'll tell adam i'm going home when he gets out the shower.

it's quiet until there's pounding on the door. the person it banging in the door so hard it looks like the doors about to fall out of place.

fear is the only thing i'm feeling, but confusion soon takes over as i realize, no one else knows where james and adam live expect benny.

i look over at juliette to see her already taking out guns from the duffel bags. there's two, she hands one to me.

even though i've never had or used a gun; it looks simple enough to use. juliette takes a step back and points her gun at the door, i do the same.

"juliette. . . rome?" adam is staring at us, hair soaking wet as he looks over to the door that's being pounded on. he looks at us holding guns and nods in understands what we're doing.

he goes into his room to come out with a gun of his own. i'm freaking the fuck out. as juliette and adam converse, it's all gibberish to me.

i feel the handle of the gun start to slip out of my grasp by how hard my hands are sweating.

all i can hear is the door

pounding

and pounding

and pounding.

when the noise starts getting faint, i'm able too relocate myself before i have a panic attack and become useless if anything happens. as the banging starts getting slower, the yell of pain is now louder than the person trying to come into the house.

my eyes widen as i look over to the couple to see if they heard what i heard, by their expressions i can tell they have.

one more pound on the door and i can hear a body slide against the door with a groan.

"adam! please, man, if you're in there-" the person cries, taking in deep breaths but failing which makes them cough.

i look to adam from the corner of my eye, gun still drawn, while body becomes stiff and he rushes towards the door. he puts the code into the keypad and opens it.

he lifts his gun ready to shoot.

"kenji?"

𝟓/𝟏/𝟐𝟑
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄-

HELPP did y'all see that guy dressed as a cat in the met gala

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 954 29
Y/N Warner Anderson, twin of Aaron Warner, has lived as Co-Chief Commander and Regent with her brother. Despite living with her father and not having...
62.6K 1.8K 22
- Blair Wrenlee an 18 year old girl who "accidentally shifts" into the universe of her recent book, Shatter Me. Or did she? .ใƒปใ€‚...
14.7K 205 11
This is a fanfic from the ยซ Shatter Me ยป series written by Tahereh Mafi. All characters in this book belong to her except for y/n and maybe additiona...
1M 18.2K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...