The Key between valleys

By Becwriter

A gift of overwhelming power and delight, hidden in something very small was given to a girl that wouldn't... More

Chapter 2 Clay tells the truth
Chapter 3 The Royal Ball
Chapter 4 Wizard
Chapter 5 Centaur's valley
Chapter 6 The first date
Chapter 7 Second date
Chapter 8 The Valley's come together
Chapter 9 home sweet home
Chapter 10 The Wooden Valley
Chapter 11 Waiting
The Hidden part
Chapter 12 The parade
Chapter 13 Hill tops - part 1
Chapter 14 Hill tops part 2
chapter 15 Centaur valley surprises
Chapter 16 The cave

Chapter 1 Happy Anniversary

834 14 11
By Becwriter

I had just arrived home from school and would love to see a letter from grandma. She always knew how to cheer me up when I was down. I went to the mail box and saw a couple of bills, news paper and other letters for Mum. As I took them out a small soft package fell between my fingers and landed on to the grass. The package said on the front of it, "To Bella.". I smiled and walked inside to open it. The minute I cut the top off the package a smell of old spice and roses came out of the package and I knew it was from Grandma Josephine. There was a small box and a letter inside.

Dear Bella,

I am writing to you about the box that you have in your hands. In it is a necklace that I found in a market place as I was traveling through Italy. This necklace is very special I think, well that is what the guy said when I bought it. But you know everyone at a market place is calling everything special because they just want to get more money out of you. Well I hope you love it and I hope you think it's special . I love you so much my dear's granddaughter. I wish I could be there to give you this but I can't , good bye Bella.

Love you ,

your Grandma Josephine, xoxo

I read the letter over and over. I wished that my grandma was here. I haven't seen my Grandma for three years because she had been traveling all over the world for work and a holiday . So I always looked forwards for a letter from her. After looking at the letter I opened the box and there sitting in the box was the necklace. It wasn't like any necklace that I have ever seen before. It had a sliver chain. The sliver wasn't any kind of sliver I have seen before it was almost like glass, it was so detailed on how it was woven through each part of the chain that it looked hand made. At the end of the chain was a red stone that was held by a sliver vine of a smaller chain that held it in place, it was beautiful. Mum walked in about ten minutes later and saw me sitting in the living room. She set down her stuff and came over and sat down to next to me and said, "What's wrong Bella?"

"Oh nothing I got a package from Grandma today. And school was boring."

"Oh is that what you got today? " As she pointed to the necklace.

"Yes it is. Grandma said that it was special"

"I don't know why grandma said it was special. It looks old. Well I have to do some work. " Mum smiled at me and got up to put the food away.

I took the necklace up stairs to my room and about ten minutes later; Mum came in to my room.

"Bella, if it makes you happy your Grandma  is coming to visit in two weeks. I just got the email."

I was so surprised , I thought she was traveling for another six months. But I am guessing she is home. But why didn't I get a letter for a call from Grandma that she was back. I looked at mum and replied, "Ok YAY! I didn't even know she was home."

"It's a surprise that is why you didn't know. It's for Grandma's and Grandpa 50th anniversary. We are going to get the whole family together and have a big party. Your Aunty Ruby is coming over to help us get ready, because the party is in two weeks. So can you do something for me?"

"Yes."

"Well can you go up to the attic and get some books for me? I need books about parties and cooking for parties, why don't you fine all the books that say party on them. ok."

So I walked upstairs to the attic. I stopped at the door, I hated the attic but I love surprise parties so I will face my fear and opened the door to the attic. I walked in and found lights. Then I went over to the boxes that said "books" on them. Before Grandma and Grandpa left they had to leave some books behind. Well that not true, they left 35 boxes of books, and they weren't all cooks books. There could be books about Animals, science, English, world history, cooking, sewing, gardening and so on. But I didn't know what ones were parties books all the boxes were the same.

I started to look in every box. Finely I founded some party books but I didn't found party cook book. But I knew that grandma had cook books, because grandma was a very good cook. After two hours I walked down stairs to the kitchen with all the books that Mum asked for.

"Here are the books you needed."

"Thanks Bella. Now can you start looking in that one over there and I will start looking over here. For ideas."

"I thought Aunt Ruby was coming over today?"

"She coming over tomorrow."

The next day I got up to go to school. When I got on the bus I said Hello to Mr Tay the Bus driver and then sat down. Three rows away from the door closest to the window. Mr. Tay stopped at a stop that he normally didn't . A girl got on, she looked about my age with dark brown hair and green eyes. As I looked at the girl, she came up to me and asked "May I sit there?" I have never seen her on this bus before . She must be knew.

"Yeah sure, Hey My name is Bella what is yours?"

"Hello Bella my name is Clay. It's nice to meet you."

I looked at Clay for about a minute. I thought to myself this girl doesn't sound my age. She sounds like my Mum. Should I have said my name? Like Mum says never talk to people that you don't know. Ok never mine she will get off soon I hope.

I got ready to get off on the next stop but so did Clay. Clay got out at my school when I did. And walked up be hide me. I thought to myself, wait a minute what is this girl doing? who is she to think that she can tag a long like this? I shouldn't of said my name. I took a dip breath and walked faster up to the school I thought, oh she will say goodbye and then go. But then Clay asked if I would be willing to show her around the school because she was new there. I looked at her with a look like what I don't even know you. But then again if I showed her to the office then Mrs. Dark would ask me to show her to the class. I looked at her and smiled and said, "Why don't you come with me to the office and then I will show you to class if you want me to." I looked at Clay and she smiled and walked into the school with me. I smiled back and walked to the office. As I thought Mrs. Dark asked me to show her to the class.

Then I found out that Clay was in all my classes and Mr. Brown told Clay to sit by me and he asked me to show her around for the rest of the day. Well that will let me get to know Clay a bit. By the end of the day we were talking and I was enjoying it a lot .
We got on the bus together and sat by each other.
It came to my stop and I said goodbye and walked of the bus and walked down the street to my house. I turned to see Clay had followed me and then looked at me; she smiled and turned the other way. I got home; Mum wasn't there yet so I got some afternoon tea and then sat down to-do some homework. Mum came home around five and we started dinner together. During dinner I told Mum about Clay and she was happy to know that I am getting a long with some kids at school. After dinner I went up to my room to finish my homework. I sat there on my bed thinking, I didn't have that many friends at school and Clay was one of the first people that liked hanging around with me. I wonder where she lives and why didn't her parent pick her up after school or come into school with her today? I should ask if she would like to come over tomorrow. I will go ask mum.

I walked down the stairs and into the living room where Mum was reading a book and looking at the TV. I sat next to her and asked, "Hey Mum where is aunt Ruby?"

"oh she is coming over tomorrow. She had a meeting for a new job today."

I laughed because Ruby was always looking for a job. "Let me guess was it a guy this time?"

Mum looked at me, "No it wasn't a guy this time. It was just work she didn't like."

Why I said "was it a guy?" Well My Aunt Ruby likes a lot of guys because she is the only one in her family that isn't married nor has a guy in her life.

"Hey mum could I invite Clay over to the house tomorrow?"

"Sure Bella you can. You just need to know if her parents are ok with it and if you say please I could make your favourite scones and wipe up some cream and jam for afternoon tea tomorrow."

The minute mum said Scones and cream and jam my mouth watered. I looked at her with the biggest eyes that I could make and said, "Please?"

Mum smiled and said, "Ok I will."

I kissed Mum on the cheek and said goodnight and want to bed.

The next morning I got up happy and ready for the day. I ran to the bus stop and got on. I saved a stop for Clay but she never got on. I got to school and then out of the corner of my eye I saw Clay waving at me. I got off and walked over to her.

"Hey Clay, why weren't you on the bus?"

"Hey Bella, My Grandmother dropped me off today."

"Oh ok, well would you like to have afternoon tea with me after school at my house?"

Clay's face light up and she said, "Sure why don't I call my grandma and see." she call her grandma talked for a minute and then put her phone back in her bag.

"Sure my grandma said yes. I just have to be back home around dinner time."

I smile and we walked into the school.

That afternoon Clay and I talked on the bus ride home. We got to the house and then I stopped. Then looked I at Clay and said "Clay I forgot. My aunt is over helping make plans for a party. Are you ok with that?"

"Yeah that is fine. I would love to meet your family."

We walked in to the living room where Aunt Ruby and Mum was looking at books.

Both Mum and Ruby looked up from talking and stopped looking at the books.

"Hey Ruby, Mum this is Clay the one I was talking about last night."

"Hello there." Said Clay

I thought that Ruby would talk a lot but she didn't she just said hi and then want on reading. Mum did all the talking. I looked over at Clay and she looked bored but was trying to hid it. I smiled when she looked at me. I sat up and looked at Mum and said, "Hey Mum could we go get something to eat?"

Mum looked up from talking and said, "oh yeah I am sorry girls go and get something to eat. we can talk later. Oh Clay you are always welcome over anytime."

Clay smile and got up with me and we want in the kitchen. We enjoyed the scones and then I showed her my room I walked in first and the turned to see Clay looking around with wide eyes. It looked to me like she had never seen a room like this. I looked around to see if I left something on the floor or I didn't make my bed but I did. I think Clay saw that I saw her looking around she smiled and sat down on my bed. We talked for a bit and worked on a bit of homework together and then Clay jumped up and looked at the clock and then said, "Oh I forgot was time it was I got to go. see you later." she got up and walked to the door, I walked with her. She said "Goodbye to Mum and Ruby." Then we walked outside and down the path way to the bus stop. I looked at Clay and said,

"Thanks for coming over today. See you tomorrow?"

"Yep, see you tomorrow." said Clay then she walked over to the bus.

I turned around and walked and then turned back to wave but Clay wasn't there. I turned around and walked back to the house. I stead up late talking with Ruby and helping plain Grandma and Grandpa's party.

About two weeks later it was the day before Grandma and Grandpa were coming. Everyone was there Aunt Ruby and Aunt Lisa was cooking up a storm. Mum was cleaning and getting the bed room ready for Grandma and Grandpa. And I was trying to keep my cousins busy with toys, so that my aunt Lisa could cook and help out. Uncle Mark drank and helped with the BBQ with Uncle Justin. Uncle Mark's wife Polly was sitting in the kitchen feeding her new little baby.

Every hour I looked at the clock to see what time it was because I knew that Grandma was going to be here in 4 hours. One hour pasted then 2 in a half pasted then it was thirty minutes till they came then five minutes. Then Mum said "Hide everyone there here!"

Everyone hided and then we heard someone at the door. Then Grandma and Grandpa walked in and everyone said at the same time "SURPRISE! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!"

Grandma was so happy the only thing she could do was smile and hug everyone and kissed all of us kids. When she got to me I put an arm around her and said "hello Grandma!"

Grandma looked at my neck and saw the necklaces she smiled and took me into her arms and said something into her ear. "I love that necklace on you. I am glad you like it. And thank you for all this it's beautiful."

We had so much fun that night. We played games and had a beautiful dinner and cake.

The next day I asked if Clay could come over and meet Grandma.

Mum said "yes."

Clay came over and we had fun talking and listening to Grandma's stories. Lets just say that Grandma has a lot of stories to tell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.6K 1.1K 21
Sometimes, a little magic can go a long way. (Ok to those who saw the sneak peek here ya go, enjoy)
321 6 24
Some secrets are better left secrets. At least that's what Karlie thought. Her life had a drastic change when her childhood best friend comes and sho...
224 0 5
Nineteen-year-old Simone never wanted to be special. She just wanted to live a normal life. But after witnessing her mother get brutally attacked, Si...
78 12 20
As the narrative unfolds, we are introduced to Makayla, a young girl who sets out on a remarkable journey. Little does she know, she possesses extrao...