Romantic Lover(Killua X Reade...

By lovetrouble123

Y/N L/N comes from a small, unknown village. She lives her days day to day, with the same routine. That's unt... More

BOOK ONE-Prologue
The Hunter's Exam!
Fog
Teasing In The Kitchen
Pass or Fail?
Ravine
Wandering Thoughts
Trapdoors
Arena Fights
Killer
50 Hours Of Waiting
Zevil Island
The Finale
Adventures Beyond The Gate
Sweet Goodbyes
Epilogue
BOOK TWO-Prologue
York New, What A Town!
Sleepover Time!
Aura Infested Objects
Spider's Web
Sometimes Impulses Are Bad Ideas
Reunited Once More
Disguises
Solo Mission
The Auction

Catch The Ball!

408 13 14
By lovetrouble123

A/N:
Long chapter🥳 but if I see one more Gon and Killua as the sun and moon on my fyp I'm km<3

YOUR POV:

We boarded the airship after we all ate the boiled eggs we had gotten from phase two. We stood in the main area of the air ship, the small green thing from before beside Netero. "I suppose now is a good time to introduce myself. I am chairman Netero. I wasn't meant to show myself until later, but I had to come earlier than expected."

"We'll arrive at the next phase at around eight in the morning tomorrow. You can do whatever you'd like until then," the green thing says.

"Gon, Y/N! How about we go look around?!" Killua suggests. Since we headed into the airship both the boys calmed down, they were no longer arguing which made me wonder who won the argument.

"Yeah!" Gon agrees, "you coming Y/N?" I cross my arms and look away from them, "Y/N?" Gon calls, but I still don't answer. "Are you mad at me? I'm sorry if I did anything wrong!"

I look at Gon who stood there with a frown, "it's not you Gon, it's the other one." I glare at Killua who gives me an annoyed look.

"Is this really about before?" Killua huffs as I nod. "Fine, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done it, I'm sorry."

"That seems like a fake apology, but I have nothing to do around here so I guess I'll go with you guys," I sigh, "but I'm still mad at you Killua."

The white haired boy shrugs as Gon grabs our hands, "let's get looking!"

We go around the airship looking at anything that could entertain us, anything to cure our boredom and curiosity. It didn't take long for us to find the kitchen on the airship. It was Gon and Killua's idea to sneak in to get something to eat, while I mindlessly tagged along to enjoy the show. We were pretty good at sneaking around until the chefs noticed some food missing, to which they found us out and proceeded to kick us out of the kitchen.

We walked down one of the airship halls, Gon and Killua chatting while I silently followed. The two were distracted with one another, talking about anything and everything while my eyes trailed over to the windows. I was captivated by the stars and the city down below, "guys, come look over here!"

I feel Gon and Killua's presence beside me as I notice them looking out the window with me.

"Woah!" Killua gasps.

"It looks like diamonds down there!" Marveled Gon as he sits down on the bench that's placed in front of the window. Killua and I both sit down. "So what do your families do?" Gon asks curiously.

I shrugged, "I'm afraid mine is nothing interesting. My family owns a bakery and my dad is gone."

Gon nods and looks at Killua, "what about you Killua?"

"They're assassins," the white haired boy beside me calmly answers.

"That's true, right?" Gon asks as Killua places his cheek into the palm of his hand. Killua looks to the window before letting out a small laugh, making Gon confused. "What's so funny?"

"It's just that both of you don't seemed scared or anything. At home, the only activity is assassinations. I-I won't go into details about how much pressure my family puts on me or anything!" Killua explains.

"So you left because of the pressure?" Gon infers.

"Yeah," Killua nods, "I ended up stabbing my mom in the face and my brother in the side...that was the only way I could leave." He pauses, "I don't want anyone deciding my future for me." He then looks to us, "so that's why when I become a Hunter, the first thing I'm going to do is kill them!" He smiles which causes me to shiver a bit.

"Can I meet your family?" I suddenly ask, surprised by my own voice.

"Hm? I don't know about that...you'd probably be scared of them. I mean if you found the cliff scary...that's a pretty low bar," Killua hums.

"But you're nice, so I'm sure your family is as well," I state.

"Trust me. I'm one of the only decent ones." Killua then suddenly stands up, staring over at one of the halls around the corner.

"Killua?" Gon asks as we look to one another before looking to where Killua was staring.

"What's going on?" He looked to see Netero walking over to us.

"Mr. Chairman! Did you sense a presence from that direction?" Gon asks pointing to the hall which made me suspect that Gon sensed...whatever Killua sensed.

"No."

"You know, you're fast for someone as old as you," Killua says to Netero.

I sat there puzzled looking from Netero to the hall, am I missing something?

"You think? I didn't think I was too fast," Netero admits.

Killua glares at him, "so what can we do for you Mr. Chairman?" I ask with a soft smile.

"Well I was bored and was hoping I could find someone to play with. It's your first participation in the Hunter's Exam, yes?" Netero asks us as we nod.

"It's a lot of fun! I'm glad there's no written portion!" Gon admits, smiling.

"They've been fine...besides the second phase," I admit.

"Well I'm disappointed." Killua starts, "I thought these trials would be harder but I'm starting to think that I wasted my time. Anyway, we'll see you around." Killua turns on his heel and begins to walk off, "come on guys, we're wasting our time!"

"Wait! If you win, I'll give you the title of Hunter." Netero exclaims, "but you have to win in order to obtain it."

It seemed like Netero was challenging us, if not me, he was at least challenging the boys. "I'll play!" Gon happily agrees.

Killua shoves his hands into his pockets, "I guess I'll play."

Netero looks to me, waiting for my answer, "I-I'll just watch if that's okay!"

The chairman nods and motions for us to follow him through the halls and into a room. The room is quite large with blue walls, they were probably made out of foam or something, windows and brown wooden floors. Netero stood in the middle of the room, one leg on the other and his right hand balancing a ball. I silently sat on the floor by the door watching.

"I'll go over the rules of the game. If you can take the ball away from me before the airship reaches its destination, then you win. I'm sure Beans said we would arrive around eight in the morning. That gives you nine hours. You're free to attack me however you wish. I won't touch you either," Netero explains.

"That's too easy! You can't call that a game." Gon states.

"Why not give it a try first?" Netero suggests.

"I'll go first." Killua says as he moves around Netero making multiples of himself. I was mesmerized by his trick, that must be something he was taught as an assassin, right?

"That's a lot of Killua's!" Gon exclaims watching them all.

Killua then rushed to Netero trying to knock the ball out of his grasp, however Netero dodged it. Killua tried everything to grab the ball, but Netero was too fast for the boy. I was impressed (and a bit overwhelmed) by how fast the two were, it made me a bit dizzy to watch.

"What? That's it?" Netero teased as he played with the ball.

Killua grits his teeth and goes to kick Netero's leg to knock him off balance. "Ouch!" Gon cringes.

It takes just a second for Killua to jump back holding his leg in pain. I watched, that looked like it hurt.

"Killua! Tag me in!" Gon waves as Killua goes over and high fives the green haired boy, making him 'in' the game now. Gon does a few stretches as Killua comes over to me, sitting beside me.

"Is your leg okay?" I ask him.

"Oh so you're talking to me now?" He rudely asks.

"Well you're hurt. I can put aside my grudge to make sure you're okay, can't I?" I hum.

He nods, "yeah it's fine. I've felt worse honestly."

"What did your parents do to you...?" I ask slightly in shock.

"Uh...hey look, Gon is going!" Killua changes the subject, pointing over to his friend who was making a mad dash for Netero. When Gon got close enough, he jumped up high in the air but hit his head on the airship's roof. Gon fell down and grabbed his head, cringing in pain.

"Baka! We all know you can jump super high, but you need to control it!" Killua yells as he crosses his arms, "you wasted a chance and for a moment the old man dropped his guard."

Gon then stands up rubbing his head but overall he seemed okay which surprised me a bit because that seemed like it hurt.

The boys continued to go at it for hours while I tiredly watched. I was growing tired and close to falling asleep, something about watching them (despite being loud) was putting me to sleep. Gon had taken off his jacket and Killua took off his white shirt, abandoning them on the floor.

Killua reached for the ball as Netero suddenly stopped, bouncing the ball off the wall as Killua ran into the back of him. Killua dropped to the floor and placed a hand onto his nose.

"You boys aren't getting anywhere. Why won't you attack me all at once?" Netero suggests.

"Why you—!"

"Okay! I'll get it this time!"

While the two fought for the ball, I noticed their personalities truly showing. Killua was growing more and more impatient as time progressed, while Gon was becoming more determined.

The two ran towards Netero but didn't advance any. Gon ran towards Netero at full speed as Netero told them that they were getting lazy with their attacks. However Gon's next move knocked the ball out of Netero's hand.

Behind Netero, Killua came behind and kicked him.

"Now's our chance!" Killua yells as he goes for the ball.

However before Killua could grab it, Netero kicked the ball towards himself. But it was pointless when Gon's shoe sent the ball flying, just perfectly out of Netero's reach.

Killua and Gon jumped for the ball, "it's ours!"

The boys were proud of themselves until Netero snuck up and took the ball for himself, knocking the two boys off to the sides. Netero grabbed hold of the ball and balanced himself like before.

"I commend you on your efforts." Netero smiles.

"You're amazing Mr. Netero!" Gon blurted.

Killua then stands up, "I give up."

"Huh?" Gon gasps, watching Killua walk over to grab his shirt. "Why? We still have time. We came close a few times!"

"You don't get it do you?" Killua sighs, "the old man barely used his right hand and left leg. We're still powerless against him. We could do this forever and we'd never get the ball from him."

"Oh you saw that? I thought I'd fool you." Netero complains.

"So that was what he was doing...," Gon trails off looking at Netero.

"You really know how to piss me off old man. Let's go Gon." Killua says as I feel someone shake my shoulder softly. I look to see Killua, "let's go Y/N."

I nod and stand up with a yawn.

"I'm going to play for a bit longer." Gon says.

"Huh?! Didn't you hear what I just said?!" Killua yells at the boy, "it's useless! You will never get the ball from him!"

"Yeah, but I don't care about the ball anymore!" Gon explains, "we've only used up half the time we have. I'm gonna make Mr. Netero use his right hand before time ends!"

"Uh...okay...g-good luck." Killua says as he's surprised by Gon's efforts. Killua then walks over to me and gestures for me to follow him, and so I tiredly do so.

We walk down the hallway as I let out another yawn, "I'm so ungodly sleepy..."

"Why didn't you get up and leave then?" Killua harshly asks.

"Well watching you guys was entertaining...and why is your shirt off?!" I exclaim. Yep, that definitely woke me up.

"Because it's hot?" He questions.

We continued our walk in silence. Though while we were walking, two older men approached us as Killua bumped into one of them.

"Hey, you bumped into us and you're just gonna ignore us?" One of the men yells from behind us as I hear rapid footsteps.

It all happen so fast. The footsteps stopped and then their bodies laying dead on the airships floor. My eyes widened as I stared at the dead bodies. They were just alive a moment ago...

I glanced at Killua who was walking up ahead of me. "Killua!" I call out to him as I rush after him.

"What?" He asks me, his eyes ahead.

"Y-You just killed those men...why?" I ask, my heart speeding up a bit.

"I needed an outlet. I was going to kill that old man eventually." He explains, as I stopped following him down the hall. He pauses in his tracks and looks back to me, "don't tell me you're scared of me now." His tone of voice made it seem like he wasn't surprised by my fear, like he was ready for everyone to fear him.

"I just...," I lower my head, "I don't know what to think...is all..."

"Well I bet if you stay around me you'll get more of that, so if you want to leave I understand." He then walks off, leaving me alone.

I stood in the hallway alone as I looked over to the dead bodies in the distance. As scary as that was...it was equally cool.

I don't want to lose him as a friend.

I take a breath in and rush after Killua, "wait up!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 16.5K 115
IF YOU'RE A DIE-HARD KILLUA FANGIRL, THEN THIS IS FOR YOU. *UNDER EDITING* "You want me to continue on existing?!" Killua scoffed, shrugging her h...
314K 8.1K 30
Y/N is from a small no nothing town and over hears about the Hunter's Exam. And so,she takes it. She meets Gon,Kurapika,Leorio and Killua...and has a...
10K 424 25
-=-=- "I wish you loved me as I love you. But you're simply bound by the contract that binds us." Killua, the heir to the Zoldyck family of assassins...
55.4K 1K 53
(Under editing) In which the first born daughter of the Isamu family, Y/n Isamu, leaves Heavens Arena to discover what she's missing. She is forced...