Uta's Idol.

By TanijiroOdd

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!! PLEASE DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'RE READY FOR SPOILERS REGARDING ONE PIECE FILM RED OR ANY F... More

I'm Uta.
Luffy and Uta.
Pirate Training.
Bink's Sake.
First Disaster.
Our Dreams and a New Genesis.
A Tour Before Departure.
I'll Get Stronger! Uta Starts Training.
The Power Of Observation Haki.
Elegia: The Island of Music
Concert Of A Lifetime.
Demon's Awakening.
Disownment.
Uta And The Five Stages.
The Sing Sing Fruit's Secret, the History of Tot Musica.
Uta's First Concert.
A Family Reunion.
Uta vs The Gale Pirates.
Uta Makes Her First Single.
'Diva' Red And The Ones Who'll Support Her.
Q&A Chapter!
A Change In The World.
Traveling Across The East Blue.
Return to Windmill Village.
The Rising Star of the East Blue 'Straw Hat' Luffy!
I'M THE MAN WHO'LL BECOME THE PIRATE KING!
It's BACKLIGHT!
Uta and the Grand Line.
Q&A Chapter + OC Profiles!
Uta And Ace.
'Fire Fist' Ace vs 'Diva' Red.
Until Next Time!
Welcome To The Caledon Kingdom.
'Massacre Dancer' Rave.
All, But A Fleeting Lullaby.
Concert At Sabaody.
Uta's Date at Sabaody Park?
Save The Mermaid, Camie!
Q&A Chapter + Fun Facts!
Pandemonium In The Auction House!
Silvers Raleigh, The Straw Hat Pirates, And Uta.
Section Leaders Take Action!
Cruel Separation.
Ace's Fate And Truths Unfolded.
Countdown Towards The War Of The Best.
Witnessing The War Of The Best.
Death And Despair.
Save Luffy! Rayleigh and Uta Depart.
We're Finally Reunited.
My Message.
Return To Marineford. (1 year Anniversary! Please Read 'Thank You' Comment!)
Q&A Chapter + Fanart Gallery!
Learning The Way of Haki In The Island of Rusukaina.
A Spar Ten Years In The Making. Uta vs Luffy!
You're My Idol, Now and Forever.
Last Day On Rusukainu.
The Volour Family.
Returning to Elegia.
Man of Science, Dr. Vegapunk.
'Diva' Red the Live Streamer.
The Sing Sing Fruit's Dark Secret.
Tension In Elegia.
Uta vs Abell! A Battle for Leadership.
Uta's Plan. Revive The Demon King of Songs!
The Dark Summoning.
Demon's Reawakening.
The Power Of The 'Demon King of Songs'.
'Demonic Diva' Uta Musica.

Across The World.

968 38 4
By TanijiroOdd

Uta's live performance has been watched from every corner of the One Piece globe! For a change of pace, let's take our focus away from Uta. Instead, we're taking a peek on the reactions of various people who're watching her live! Before I forget, I would like to mention that since Uta was performing as Red, her outfit is different and hairstyle is different from the music video and movie. Uta isn't revealing her identity just yet. Also, the non canon livestream snails have not been introduced yet and so Uta is using the normal snails and through the large video transponder snails. Similar to that of Marineford arc. With that finished, let's get in with the chapter. I don't own One Piece. Just my OC's.

It was, but a brief three minutes, but those three minutes made a huge impact for the people watching all across the world. If there's one word that can describe what the audience saw, it would be 'awe'. After Uta's live performance, it became the immediate talk of the town and the news spread like a wildfire. News coos were flying with the title 'Red's Face Reveal and Live Performance'. Civilians, royalty, marines, and pirates alike have all witnessed this moment whether it was by coincidence or planned. There were opinions of both good and bad in regards to watching and listening between the people of the media and the audience themselves. 'Fleeting Lullaby' sung by 'Diva' Red, is today's biggest news. From the four blue seas and the vast Grand Line, the talk about Red has begun.

~Shell's town...

"I'm going to be a great cook!"

"After watching that music video, you're sure fired up, aren't you Rika."

In a Marine base, a small girl yells enthusiastically after watching Red's live video performance from their video transponder snail.

"I want to be a woman like Red." Rika said. "A proud and confident woman!"

"Your training won't be easy." the woman who was sitting next to Rika said. "Think you can handle it?"

"Of course! I'm going to make the greatest rice balls!"

~Orange Town located in the Organ Islands...

"Mayor Boodle! Did you watch it?"

The mayor of Orange Town looks up from the newspaper and smiles as one of the town folks approaches him.

"The video was quite something." Boodle said. "Not really my type of music though, but I'm glad that girl and her friends are having fun."

Ruff! Ruff!

"I think Chouchou likes her music." the villager said, patting the dog's head.

"You have strange tastes." Boodle chuckles. "How's the construction going?"

"After watching her video, morale is off the roof!" the villager said. "Leave it to us, Mayor!"

"Heh. Even if she's not here, Red is bringing the people together with her singing." Boodle said. "The power of music is amazing."

The mayor thinks back as to when he first sees Uta. He never did take her for the wild type, but after she took in the 'Demon Musician' he knew that she was something else.

"She really is quite the impressive woman."

~ Shimotsuki Village...

"Master! Can we make this song our background music?"

"Please Master?"

"'Fleeting Lullaby' is such a good song!"

The master of Isshin Dojo, Shimotsuki Koshiro, is trying his best to calm his students down as the latest hit from Uta has pumped them up.

"First, it's Zoro and now Red." the master chuckles. "Life hasn't been this fun for awhile."

~Syrup Village...

"That was such a fun performance, wasn't it Merry?"

"You think so, Kaya?"

"At the very least, it reminded me of the day when I first met Red."

In a mansion, resides Kaya who took the time to set up a video transponder snail to watch Red perform. As a fan, she couldn't miss this opportunity to watch Red sing live.

"This really brings me back." Kaya sighs happily. "I just love her music!"

~Somewhere in the East Blue sea...

Inside the Baraite, several people have decided to go there to watch Uta's performance and eat at the same time. It's all hands on deck in the kitchen.

"Setting up Red's live performance for our guests was the right choice!"

"I'm glad we took the opportunity to profit from this event!"

Suddenly, a one legged man walks into the kitchen.

"You slackers! Pick up the pace!" the man roars.

"Yes chef Zeff!"

"We need to feed all these people and I won't be satisfied until we get every order from number thirty to fourth out in the next five minutes!" Zeff yells.

Zeff, the head chef and captain of the floating restaurant, the Baratie, walks out of the kitchen and looks around his restaurant to see smiling and happy customers.

"To make people smile and laugh without conflict." Zeff said with a smile. "Singing truly is a wonderful thing."

~Cocoyashi Village...

"Yeah! Red! Red! Red! Red!"

The townsfolk were cheering loudly after watching the video, but one wasn't too keen about the commotion.

"The town is so loud." complained a man with a pinwheel on his hat. "Is that diva that big of a deal?"

"Of course she is Genzo." answers a woman who's walking towards the man. "Look, I bought a shirt for the occasion and so did everyone else."

"That's quite the flashy shirt, Noriko." Genzo scoffs looking at the 'Diva' Red shirt.

"I don't want to hear that from the sheriff who has a full blown wanted poster in his office." Noriko argues.

"Wha?! This and that are different things!"

"I can wear whatever I want and you can put whatever you want on your wall!"

"Why you cheeky..."

~Loguetown...

"Daddy! Did you see her?"

"She was amazing!"

"Her singing was beautiful!"

"Man, I didn't expect Red to be such a looker."

"She truly is a world class diva."

....

"It sure is noisy outside."

Sitting alone in his bar called the 'Gold Rogers' , is the owner and bartender. He can hear the commotion of hundreds of people from above rant about the performance they saw on the video transponder snail located at the plaza. He also knew about this news, but decided not to show up as he believed that sort of event is out of his league.

"Can't blame them, it's been pretty crazy since she is the one performing the man laughs to himself. "First that Luffy fellow and now Red."

The man looks at his wall to see Luffy's wanted poster and one of Uta's concert posters stabbed against it by a knife.

"I can drink to this." the man cackles. "I'm glad I'm around to see these tides changing."

~Newly formed Cherry Blossom Kingdom...

"This lass has been making a ruckus on the news lately."

"Do you mean that singer?"

Sitting in a cabin having some drinks is Doctor Kureha and Dalton, who is the current leader of the kingdom.

"Youngsters are trying so hard nowadays." the doctor said. "Learn how to walk before you swim. They're too ambitious."

"It's that ambition that drives them to greater heights." Dalton said as he took a sip of his drink.

"Oho, the leader is giving me a lecture?" Kureha asks.

"Don't be silly." the man said laughing. "Just giving you my personal uptake on it."

"Well, you're not wrong." Kureha said as she straightened the newspaper she's reading. "Chopper and his pirate buddies are just the same."

"Worried, are you?"

"Shut your trap, child before I give you a good kick."

"Haha, sorry sorry."

~Alabasta Kingdom...

"This has been such a great week! Isn't it Karoo?"

Wah!

"Not only do I get to see Luffy and his friend's new bounties, but I also got to watch 'Diva' Red sing to us live back at the plaza!"

Wah!

"She was so beautiful! I hope she can perform here!"

Sitting in her room, gushing about the diva's performance, is Nefertari Vivi, the princess of the Alabasta Kingdom. As it surprisingly turns out, she is quite the fan of Uta as she has a desk that has several records of her songs, concert posters, and a little Red plush. Vivi grabs her plush and gives it a hug and giggles.

Knock. Knock.

"Princess Vivi?"

"Yes, Pell?"

"Time to eat."

"Ok. C'mon Karoo."

Wah!

Vivi puts the plush back on her stand and urges her duck companion to follow her to the banquet hall.

~Water 7...

The waterways of Water 7 are empty as all the citizens are piling around in one of the docks watching Red perform her latest song. Walking away from the crowd are three men.

"Man, it's been a real wild ride here." said the blond man. "First the attack on Iceberg, then Aqua Lagoona, breaking into Enies Lobby, building the Straw Hats' ship, and now 'Diva' Red's performance. At least Uta's performance has brought a positive influence on this town."

"Red has always been a star, but seeing her singing in person is amazing." the man with a mustache comments. "The townsfolk here could use that positivity."

"Yeah! She's a true star!" the muscular man agrees.

The three men stopped in their tracks and turned around to see several men wearing Uta shirts and glowsticks. Leading the group is the mayor of Water 7, Iceberg. The three men's jaw drops at the sight of their boss as he leads the former Franky family.

"Paulie. Lou. Tilestone. I brought you these." Iceberg said as he handed each of his employees a shirt.

The men unfold it to reveal it being a pink 'Diva' Red shirt. Paulie turns red with embarrassment and kindly hands the shirt back to his boss.

"Sorry, Iceberg, but we're...WHAT?!"

Paulie turns to see his two coworkers wearing the shirt that they receive.

"What?" asks the two men.

"How can you wear something so embarrassing?" the blond man asks. "Have some pride as men!"

"We're fans too." Lou and Tilestone said.

Seeing that his persuasion is getting nowhere, Paulie storms off to a bar to go get a drink.

~Sabaody Archipelago...

"What an incredible sight."

Somewhere between groves thirty and thirty nine, several hundred spectators were Red performing on three giant screens. Glow Sticks were waving in the air and cheering was heard. What's even more rare is how everyone from civilians, pirates, and marines were all watching and celebrating as equal. Watching everything from a building up above is a man with white hair and a flask.

"I never thought I would witness the moment where everyone is watching together happily without violence." the man said as he took a swig of his drink. "I may be old, but even I can tell the face of a young girl I met many years ago."

....

Hey, Rayleigh! Listen to my daughter! She's the greatest singer!

....

"How many years has it been since I last saw that face or heard that voice? Fifteen years? Longer?" the man asks, smiling. "You've grown a lot, Uta. I bet Shanks would be proud."

~Amazon Lily...

In the island of women, where no men should ever set foot on, the sound of Uta's voice was heard which was then followed by cheering. In the center of the island is the majority population of Amazon Lily who're watching Uta's video. Among the group was an elderly lady who was jumping on top of her snake cane. Up in the castle, three women are celebrating differently by watching from above and away from the crowd.

"She's such a good singer, isn't she?" asks a large green haired woman.

"..."

"Her music is quite impactful after all." said the large orange haired woman.

"..."

The women look back at the third woman who was staring at the projector while humming to herself not aware of the other two's conversation.

"Huh? Wha?"

"Were you even listening to us, sister?" the woman with green hair asks.

"Uh, yeah!" the woman said, snapping out of her trance.

"What's your opinion on Red?" the other woman asks.

"Not someone worth my time." the woman scoffs, turning her back away from her sisters. "Marigold. Sandersonia. Enough of your talk about Red."

The two women sigh in annoyance as their sister resumes to hum songs sung by Red. To them, it was frustrating that their sister can't show her excitement despite being such a fan.

"Maybe her attitude will change if Red were to come to our island." Marigold whispers to her sister.

"Wouldn't that be the day." Sandersonia sighs.

The woman then thinks back to a scene that was shown in the video that surprised her.

I would never have thought she is one of those. The woman thought. She's not an ordinary singer, but the world already knows that.

~Fish-man Island...

In the western part of the island, in Fishverly Hills, several fish-men and merfolk gather to watch 'Diva' Red sing. Despite their mixed feelings for humans, Red is one of the only few people that they love. Her music brings joy to Fish-man Island and many would like to meet her. Even the people of the royal place went out of their way to see the sight. However, only one fan was unable to watch with the others.

"I'm so glad father gave me my own video transponder snail! I've always wanted to see Red's face at least once and now I can."

Sitting with her shark and inside a large room inside the Hard-Shell tower is the mermaid princess named Shirahoshi.

"Her music is so awesome! Isn't it Megalo?" Shirahoshi asks happily.

Sha! Sha!

"I hope we can see her one day."

Meanwhile, another group of fish-men are reacting differently to the performance of Red. In the heart of the Fish-man District, several individuals are talking about Red with extreme disdain.

"Can you believe that some of our people, fish-men, still look up to those humans?!"

"Just because her voice is beautiful? She's human!"

"Calm down, don't lose your cool."

"Eh?"

"It won't be long before us fish-men will rule the world! And when we do, not even that human's filthy voice would make their wills waiver! Jahahaha!"

~Dressrosa...

RED! RED! RED! RED!

"What a show! Behehehe!"

"She's ok, I guess."

"Here I thought my shows are good, but hers take the cake! Uhahaha!"

"What do you think, Doffy?"

In Dressrosa's colosseum, the video of Uta's performance is being shown with more than half of the kingdom's people watching from the stands. Sitting in their seats near the colosseum, is the warlord Doflamingo and three of his officers.

"Her performance was good, but...that's not what shocked me the most. That message for the strong."

"What do you mean?"

"I wonder, how many people does she think will notice her? She'll be the star of the world for sure one day!" Doflamingo chuckles. "I want to know for myself. What kind of ruler do you want to be, Red?"

~Whole Cake Island...

"Hahaha! Mamama!"

Sitting in a dim room is a large obese woman surrounded by dozens of talking candies and pastries. Several goons stood beside her and began to cheer once the show finished.

"Mama! Did you like the show?" one of the men asks.

"Of course! It was beautiful!" the woman says.

"I want her to sing here someday!" another man said.

"Mamamama! I do too."

"We should invite her to the castle next time!" someone suggests. "When we have a tea party!"

"What a good idea!" the woman said with a nod. "However, she's made it known that she's not easy."

Everyone looks at the woman confused.

"She made it clear through her video that she isn't some nobody." said the large woman who smiles wide. "Not that it matters to us. Red, someday I'll get you to sing on my island. Mark my words."

~Land of Wano, Onigashima...

"Excitement! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!"

Cheering in the banquet hall of Onigashima, are several dozen members of the Beast Pirates, including some high ranking crew mates, cheering for her. They were all chanting and dancing during the majority of the video and even afterwards, the festivities didn't stop. The captain himself was also watching Red singing alongside his first mate.

"Kaido, did you notice that?" asks the masked man. "A woman with kingly ambition."

"Worororo. Yeah." Kaido said as he takes a couple gulps of sake. "Only people like us can tell that, what she did there was no ordinary stunt."

"Why do you think she used it in her song?" the man asks.

"Whatever it is, her warning doesn't concern us King." Kaido said as he moved to a different room. "Still, it won't hurt to see what this Red person will do in the future."

"I'm not an expert at music, but I don't believe it's anything worth our time." King said, walking away.

"Worororo! At least her music is entertaining." Kaido laughs.

~On the Moby Dick somewhere in the New World...

"Gurarara. Hey, Marco, doesn't she look familiar?"

"Sure does, Pops."

"Is that Uta?"

After finishing watching Uta's video through a mini video transponder, the crew of the Whitebeard Pirates discuss the performance.

"It was a long time ago and she looks very different, but without a doubt, she's Shanks' brat." said the old man. "I wonder how she got into the show biz?"

"She loved Shanks." Marco said rubbing his chin. "Always looked up to him."

"Probably has to do with what happened in the East Blue." Jozu suggests. "Uta wasn't with Red Haired since his trip back. A lot has happened to that man during his visit."

"Regardless of the circumstances, this is probably the right future for her. She's put on quite the show." Whitebeard said as he pours himself a drink. "Though her pirate blood runs strong, the world doesn't need to know that."

"I can't get tired of her music!"

"She really is the greatest!"

"Am I getting too old to understand today's music?" Whitebeard asks as he chugs his drink down. "Her rambunctious music is a bit much for me."

"You need to get with the times, Pops." Marco laughs.

"Gurarara! How cheeky of you." Whitebeard laughs. "That aside, with the influence she's rallying in, Uta will bring forth a new era that no pirate can hope to accomplish!"

~Baltigo...

"Dragon, is it really ok for our workers to use our video transponder snail for this?" asks a fishman who watches his fellow revolutionaries cheer to the screen. "I find it overkill."

"This is a once in a life time opportunity for them and our people need a break too." answers the man with the tattoos. "Besides, I want to see Red's face for myself."

All of the sudden, two young individuals, no younger than Uta, burst into the room where the fish-man and the man known as Dragon are in. One is a blond man with a top hat and the other is a woman with orange hair who's dressed in a pink shirt.

"Oh my god! Her performance was the greatest!" the woman squeals. "I'm so glad I'm alive to see this moment!"

"Red's music really is the best." the blond man agrees. "I could listen to her newest song all day!"

""Did you guys like the performance?" Dragon asks the two young individuals.

"Sure did." the two said in union.

"Hm, a singer who sings songs so great that we all celebrate as one." Dragon mumbles. "If there were more people like her we wouldn't need a Revolutionary Army. What a woman."

~Some island in the first half of the Grand Line...

"Zehahaha! What a performance!"

"As expected from a world class diva! Wihahaha!"

"She was blessed by singing and brought that forth and made a path for herself."

"The luck of fame is shining on her."

"Such is the fate of a diva of her caliber."

"What do you think? Commander Ace?"

Watching Uta's performance from a hillside several meters away from the town square, are the Blackbeard Pirates led by Marshall D. Teach. He and his crew are no stranger to 'Diva' Red and stopped by to take a look. Ace was also present, but he's badly beaten and handcuffed with sea prison stone handcuffs. Despite the situation he's in, Ace couldn't help but smile at the sight of Uta singing and dancing. The sight almost made him forget about his dire situation.

"She's the woman who'll change the world with her New Genesis." Ace said, smirking.

"It sounds as if you know the woman." Teach said as he walked closer to the chained pirate. "Mind telling me the dirt?"

Ace leans in closer and so Blackbeard leans in too. Then, the pirate spits in his face causing the pirate to reel back in disgust.

"Why you..."

Blackbeard punches Ace across the face in rage. The punch had enough power to throw the pirate across the ground and coughs blood. Ace weakly picks himself up from the ground and faces the pirate captain.

"There's no way in hell am I'm telling you anything about Red." Ace said angrily. "I'd rather die than tell you anything."

"Zehahaha! Well, you're about to get your wish." Teach laughs. "Once we turn you into the Navy, your death will be granted and my plan will officially get into action."

Ace looks away and grits his teeth.

Luffy. Pops. Uta. Everyone. Ace grumbles. Please don't pay any attention to me. I messed up. I messed up so badly.

~Marine Headquarters...

"My my, that was quite the show."

"I didn't know that you were a fan, Admiral Aokiji."

Walking back from watching Red's live performance is Admiral Aokiji followed by a few fellow marine soldiers.

"What? An admiral can't be a fan of divas?" Aokiji asks.

"I didn't mean it like that, sir!" one of the soldiers said.

"Relax, it was a joke." the admiral said with a sigh. "Take a hint, would you?"

"Oh, I thought you would be angry at us." the man said with a sigh of relief.

"Nah, I wouldn't worry about that." Aokiji said. "Looks can be deceiving after all."

"Anyways, did you hear the thing about that new pirate who wanted to become a Warlord?" another soldier asks the admiral.

"I did." Aokiji confirms. "That man, Blackbeard I think, sure brought in quite the catch for us. Although, I can't say that keeping that man won't have its consequences."

All the marine soldiers surrounding the admiral nods and gulps.

"If we're going to execute a commander of the Whitebeard Pirates, just as the fleet admiral wants, we'll earn the wrath of the world's strongest man." Aokiji said. "Better breathe easy while you have the time."

~The Holy Land Mary Geoise...

"Strange. A video from the ruined kingdom of music, Elegia."

"It seems that the survivors from the Tot Musica incident are doing well."

"Red. Although not confirmed, some of our intelligence agents say that she is the girl that was on Red Haired's ship."

"How is that relevant to the suggestion that she is the one who summoned the demon king of songs?"

"Children from the strong bring forth storms."

"Given the circumstances, it's not impossible and given her talent for singing and music. The chances are high."

"Indeed, the Sing Sing fruit only chooses singers who can change the world. A strange fruit indeed."

"If she indeed has the power of the Sing Sing Fruit, then we must take action before she has full control over its abilities."

"Nothing out of the ordinary has occurred in Elegia ever since the incident, so we can afford to hold off on that decision."

"If she truly does have the power to bring forth Tot Musica, we might have to consider if we should keep her dead or alive."

"Tot Musica's power is said to rival the ancient weapons after all."

"Only time will tell."

~Windmill Village...

"Cheers!"

Celebrating in the Partys Bar, the townsfolks of Windmill Village are celebrating Red's latest hit. For some reason, Makino is especially happy.

"You seem to be in good spirits." one of the villagers said to Makino who's happily serving drinks.

"Of course I am!" Makino said.

"First, Luffy's three hundred million beri bounty and now Red's performance." comments the mayor. "At least we're not celebrating a pirate this time."

"We aren't?" the crowd asks.

"Huh?"

Makino blinks a couple times then laughs at the realization of the situation.

"Mayor, do you know who Red is?" Makino asks.

"She's the diva that came to visit us a few years back." the mayor answers.

"Did she look familiar?" Makino asks. "At all?"

"No." the mayor answers honestly "Should I?"

The villagers in the bar all laugh at the mayor which irritates him greatly.

"What's so funny you lot?" the Woop Slap asks angrily.

"Do you remember, Uta?" Makino asks. "Shanks' daughter?"

"Oh, that tomboy?" the mayor questions. "What does she have to do with Red?"

"That's her mayor." someone said.

"WHA?!"

"Did you seriously not tell?" a woman asks.

"It was pretty obvious that it was Uta who came that time." a man added.

"It would ruin the mood if we said anything." a woman said. "We respect her choice of keeping her identity secret."

"Still, she thought she could fool us by changing her hairstyle and outfit? What does she take us for?" someone else asks. "Worked for the mayor."

"Well, damn." the mayor sighs as he rubs his head in frustration. "Didn't notice at all."

"Don't worry about it, sir." Makino said. "We all pretended not to know so we can keep her identity a secret."

"How troublesome."

"At the very least, Shanks and Luffy should be happy to hear the news." Makino said smiling. "Even better, maybe she can meet them some time soon."

"You think?" the mayor asks.

"Well, maybe Luffy might not catch in if she keeps up the 'Red' act." Makino said. "But, love works in mysterious ways."

~On the Red Force somewhere in the sea of the New World...

"Uta! Uta! Uta! Uta! Uta!"

On the ship, Red Force, captained by one of the four emperors, the entire crew cheers and shouts so loud that they're voices could be heard miles away. The crew were watching Red's video from a video transponder snail that they smuggled and all the work was worth it. Glow sticks were swung around, drinks were chugged, and fireworks were even launched into the air via cannonfire. Even the stern commanders of the Red Haired Pirates were taking part in the festivities.

"That's our diva!"

"She couldn't be any cooler!"

"I'm so glad to see you again, Uta!"

"Your family is here for you!"

"We're so proud!"

Sitting up on deck, Shanks was watching with a huge grin. He couldn't be any happier or prouder for his daughter. Though he isn't by her side to watch her grow, this performance was all he needed to know she's doing alright.

"My daughter is the greatest singer, isn't she Hawk Eyes?"

Next to the red haired pirate is the strongest swordsman, Dracule 'Hawk Eyes' Mihawk. Despite the protest of the lower ranking crew members, Shanks personally invited his former rival to watch the performance alongside his crew. Much to everyone's surprise, the warlord accepted their captain's proposal and is watching from the same spot as Shanks.

"I'm not a big fan of this loud music." the swordsman commented. "I prefer her subtle songs."

Shanks and Mihawk sat down and decided to talk over a cup of sake.

"You know, back when you told me that you saw Uta, the same time you told me about Luffy, I was surprised." Shanks said. "I never thought that you would've met her out at sea."

"That was quite some time ago. Why bring that topic up now?" Mihawk asks.

"No reason." Shanks said. "Just thinking back."

"Speaking of Straw Hat, did you read the news about him?" Mihawk asks.

"Yeah! He's causing some major chaos!" Shanks said laughing. "And now Uta is causing waves of her own too."

"There's also the rising number of pirates coming up from the depths." Mihawk adds.

"You're talking about the Worst Generation?" Shanks asks.

The swordsman nods and sips his drink.

"I'm telling you, Hawk Eyes, it's coming sooner than we think. The rise of a new era." Shanks said. "Uta and Luffy will be the ones who'll lead it. Mark my words."

"Also, you should know something else that was brought up." Mihawk said after finishing his drink. "It's about that pirate you warned me about. Blackbeard."

Shanks freezes briefly and his blood runs cold.

"Since you were the one who warned me about him, I believe it's only fair to tell you about what he was up to." Hawk Eye said. "And you're not going to like it."

"Does it have something to do with Ace?" Shanks asks.

"After capturing Fire Fist Ace, Blackbeard is in the process of turning him into the navy so he can get fulfill the spot that Crocodile left." Mihawk said. "In other words, he's like me, a Warlord of the Sea."

Shanks breaks his glass with his fingers and his mood changes drastically.

Blackbeard. Shanks wonders. What's your plan?

~On the Thousand Sunny somewhere between Water 7 and the Florian Triangle...

"I can't believe the Sunny has a built in projector screen in it! Now we're able to see Red's performance!"

"Oh man, I didn't think music could be so fun!"

"It's a real super feature! Don't want to haul a video transponder snail with us."

"Forget that, did you see Red? Isn't she such a cutie?"

"Yeah, I remember seeing her perform in my hometown once."

"I'm not surprised that curly brows here is a fan, but I didn't expect you to be a fan, Nami."

"Our navigator has a surprising taste."

The Straw Hat crew sat around looking at a projector that was set up in the main deck. Everyone watched the performance and was in awe at what they saw. The most festive member of the crew, and the one who wanted to watch the performance the most, was Nami who was wearing a Red shirt for the occasion.

"She is so cool and her singing is the greatest!" Nami said as she jumped happily. "What I would do to get my hand on a ticket to go to a concert!"

The men of the pirate crew swarm around mumble in concern.

"Nami lost her mind." Usopp whispers.

"I've never seen her so head over heels before." Chopper adds.

"I'm not used to this and it's freaking me out." Zoro said.

"HEY! I can hear you!" Nami yells angrily as she watches her crew mates talk behind her back. "Red is the greatest woman alive! Who doesn't respect her?"

"Me."

Everyone looks to see their captain who's watching from the upper deck. Nani glares at Luffy angrily and clenches her fist.

"Take that back!" Nami yells.

"What she said!" Sanji said. "How can you not see Red as great?"

"Because she's nothing in comparison to her." Luffy said, crossing his arms. "I mean, they sound the same, but Red is just a wannabe version of Uta!"

Everyone looks at each other confused.

Uta? Who's that? Everyone wonders.

"She's the best diva there is and I won't accept anyone else!" Luffy said angrily.

"But her music is good though, right?" Nami asks getting close to her captain.

"Yeah, but..."

"Just come to Red's side."

"Never!"

"Why not?"

"I met Red and she's nice and all, but I'm still choosing Uta!"

"You met Red?!" everyone asks in shock.

"Yeah, back in Loguetown."

"And you didn't tell us?!" Nami, Usopp, and Sanji scream in union.

"I didn't know who she was at that time!" Luffy counters.

"Why does the one who doesn't like her get to see her in person?!" Nami screams in frustration. "It's not fair! Why couldn't I see her?"

Luffy ignores his crew's bickering towards him and walks to the Sunny's figurehead and sits on top of it. Luffy then thinks back to when he met Red. No matter what Luffy thinks or says, his gut instincts are screaming 'Uta' whenever he sees or thinks of Red. However, Red already told him that she didn't know who she was, so there's no chance that she and Uta have any connections. At least, that's what's going through Luffy's mind since he believes Uta's lies. It never really bothered Luffy at first, but after watching the performance, Red reminded him so much of Uta. That itself conflicts Luffy and he grumbles in frustration.

"My head hurts." the pirate grumbles as he puts his hat over his eyes. "I'm gonna take a nap."

As Luffy closes his eyes, the soft hum of his childhood friend echoes in his head and sends him into a peaceful sleep.

Will Luffy ever get the hint? I doubt it. Not gonna lie, this chapter became a lot more longer than I had planned it to be, but of well. I hope you all like the first Uta-less chapter. At the very least, I hope this chapter can give the readers some hints on what future might be in store for Uta and hopefully something to look forward to. Until then, I'll see you all next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 509 14
(MODERN AU) β€’ β€’ ⚠️THIS FANFIC CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION AS WELL AS OTHER MAJOR THEMES⚠️ Abuse. Child abuse. One of the worst thing...
13K 417 18
Being Red hair's childhood lover, Y/n and shanks parted ways soon after roger pirates disbanded, making Y/n join the whitebeard pirates, what will ha...
1.5K 112 9
A young woman, y/n, has met someone who reminds her of a friend she had back before she was adopted. Killer has been searching for a friend who sudde...
8.7K 395 22
Kid was looking for new sound for his band of misfits. They sound good but they could sound better if they wanted to make it big. (Y/N) is a shy girl...