Sharp Edges

By __coffeemug

Warning! The story contains mentions of self-harm, reader discretion is advised The story of Jeanette, a girl... More

23:59:59
Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
i wish the time could stop
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
00:00:00
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
00:00:01
the End

Chapter 44

1 0 0
By __coffeemug

Oscar left her.

And so did the others, eventually.

When they saw Oscar's and Jeanette's friendship was gone for good, when they saw he had no more interest in her just like she didn't in him, they lost their interest in her as well.

Things were back to how they used to be, the world splitting in two, Jeanette and everyone else.

People kept going, wounds kept appearing.

The only person who was still there was Jeanette's reflection in the mirror, which seemed so much like her and yet like a stranger. She touched her face to make sure it really was her, feeling her skin as the person in the mirror mimicked her gestures.

They looked so alike, only the person in the mirror, the person stuck in the shiny glass didn't experience what Jeanette had, did feel what Jeanette had. The reflection in the mirror was just a feelingless, worryless, almost a lifeless person staring straight back into Jeanette's eyes.

Were those two really the same person?

Jeanette didn't recognize herself.

The dark eye bags.

The lips turned slightly downwards.

The frown etched onto her face.

Where was the happy Jeanette? Was she even really there, anyway?

She tried forcing a smile, but it didn't work. It never reached past her lips, never served for a good mask.

She reached out her hand towards the mirror, hypnotizing her reflection as she did the same, when her fingertips touched the cold mirror, her hands slowly warmed up the surface the longer she continued having them there.

She didn't move, waited for the girl on the other side to make the first move instead.

She waited for the fake version to start living instead of her.

Maybe that version could've been happier. Better. More.

She backed away from the wall on which the mirror hung, taking small and slow steps while not tearing her gaze away from her doppelganger, who was walking backwards just like her.

Jeanette took a step to the left, to the door, and watched as the fragile person disappeared from sight. There was no longer anyone in the mirror as Jeanette stepped through the door.

Everyone left her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183 18 16
The story about a teenager who looses someone very close to him, struggling with the events that happened that night and things in his past. Struggli...
30.4K 1.4K 47
𝐖𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞...
513 48 36
It all started with a crush...
281K 7.5K 16
Noah - Quite and loving, gets bullied for being gay. He doesn't talk to people and deals whit depression at times because of the way he isolates hims...