The Ones I Hate The Most

By ur_anus_

'The front door smashes open, and I hear three sets of angry, loud footsteps penetrate the first level of the... More

the ones i hate the most
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four

chapter twenty three

6K 128 5
By ur_anus_

To say the least, I did not enjoy being held captive in my father's office as he and Alex worked on their business stuff. But after Stefano examined my bruise, and deemed me as having a mild concussion, I was shipped back to my stubborn father.

Oh well. I am back at school today, and couldn't be happier, since my three brothers were suspended for the entire week, against my father's will. From what I know, the principal was fired, and the new one is a friendly associate of my family and their business.

I know that I have to make it up to Elijah this afternoon. I mean, I have been getting beat up by kids double my size for the majority of my life, but this is different. He didn't deserve it, the entire situation was my fault. Like always.

My first lesson was social studies. It flew by and was as painless as a prick on the finger, but I am not looking forward to my next lesson, however, at the same time, I am. Literacy is the class I have with Mr. Rubbish bin, and nothing about his presence excites me, but I also share this class with Elijah, which would make a great start to my apologies.

I am thinking of doing something nice with the $33 that I have left. He deserves it a lot more than me, especially since he is driving me to work this afternoon. I saunter into the literacy classroom, expecting myself to bash the door into Mr. Rubbish bin, well that is what I hope.

But when I throw the door open, I am given a pleasant surprise when I see the absence of the usually mean and grumpy teacher. And not only that, but a young male teacher takes his spot. The man smiles, and gives me a polite 'good morning' in Italian, before resuming his writing on the board.

We must not get distracted from our mission! I scold myself, scanning the back of the classroom, for a particular boy. A genuine smile rises on my lips, as I make eye contact with him. He ushers me over, using two of his fingers, and I feel the need to comply when I catch sight of the cuts and bruises that litter his face.

"I am so sorry about yesterday. I will make it up to you, I promise!" I rant, refusing to look Elijah in his eyes, feeling ashamed with myself, about the events that took place the day before.

"It is fine cutie. Nothing I haven't experienced before." The young man flashes me one of his charming smiles, which would no doubt cause many women to dote over. Me included.

"Are you sure. I mean, you looked pretty scared when my brothers beat the shit out of you- wait, no! That is not what I meant- I just- I- ahhh." I ramble, and stutter, trying to get my words together, but they are all jumbled.

Elijah just chuckles.

"Didn't I just say it was fine, Ami. I will take you to work, and then maybe you could buy me an ice cream, you know," he says, a smirk plastered on his face, as Elijah wiggles his eyebrows up and down.

I laugh lightly. "Deal."

The literacy lesson was so much better than I expected. The teacher was respectfully hot, he taught the class well, and I understood the topic. Elijah and I are still fine, and even going out after school, before or after my job. I am not really sure.

The rest of my lessons fly by. I try to avoid my bullies, who seem dedicated on hunting me down and playing some sick game. As long as they remain faceless and nameless to my family, it should be fine.

Then there is the whole problem at home. I still have to figure out what Mr. Fankrio meant when he said my family were dangerous. I am sure that I will be able to get knowledge out of Sandy. Maybe we will even be friends?

At the end of the school day, Elijah waits for me, leaning up against his shiny red car, ignoring all of the admiring looks, he is receiving from the girls of the school- some are even boys. When he notices me, Elijah drops his cigarette to the ground, stomping on it, before inviting me inside his fancy car.

I mockingly bow at him, slipping into the sleek vehicle. When he wanders his way into the driver's seat, I break the silence.

"Have you always smoked, or is that a new thing?"

"Have you always been petty, or is that a new thing?" His voice is cold, and knowing, causing a pinching feeling to rupture my heart.

I look down at my hands, trying to think of a good response.

"Do you hear that?" I cup my ear using my hand, pretending to listen to something. "Is it a plane? Is it a bird? Oh wait, no. It is the flying fuck I don't give."

I roll my eyes at him as I end my comeback, a small smirk falling on my lips. I know that the phrase it cringy, but it was all that came to me in that second.

"You are very funny cutie," Elijah says, sounding bored, "but I was joking, sooo..."

His voice turns light, and his fingers gently poke my sides, causing a loud laugh to escape my system.

"That is the laugh that I love." We both smile at each other, as Elijah pulls over at the mall parking lot.

We get out, and make our way to the Zara store, not having time for an ice cream now. Sandy is at the register, looking like she could sleep. Several customers are roaming the shop, pointing out different clothing items to their loved ones, or holding up the pieces of fabric, and comparing it to their bodies.

I disregard all of them, a soft smile sliding on my face at the sight of a now sleeping Sandy. One of her hands try to hold her head up, and suddenly she hits her head on the check out machine. I wince in an empathetic way, knowing how much it hurts to have your head hit against something hard.

Get it, because I was bullied for most my life. No, just me, ok. I guess dark humor is just my way of coping.

Sandy groans before noticing me and Elijah standing in front of her, both of us sporting slightly baffled faces.

"Ehi ragazzi. Ben tornato. Posso prometterti che non mi addormenterò addosso. Lo faccio solo quando il mio orario di lavoro è solitario," Sandy says sheepishly, looking everywhere but at us. Oh hey guys. Welcome back. I can promise that I won't fall asleep on you. I only do it when my working hours are lonely.

She gives me a friendly hug, before retreating back behind the counter. We all just look at each other for a couple of seconds. No one knows what to say.

"So, Eli, you don't have to stay. I can walk home. You know, I have a pair of legs for a reason," I tell the young man, trying to dismiss him, because I am sure that he has better things to do than wait for me to finish working.

"Um, how about no. After all, you do owe me an ice cream," he states matter of factly.

"Well, since you punched me in the face yesterday, doesn't that mean that you owe me a favor not the other way around," I snap at him, proving that I am right, by placing my hands on my hips.

"Ciaooooo. Scusa se interrompo la tua discussione che è parlata in un'altra lingua, ma veniamo pagati per lavorare e non litighiamo con i nostri ragazzi." Sandy's statement isn't supposed to be mean, but is rather trying to snap me out of my argument. Helloooo. Sorry to interrupt your argument which is spoken in a whole other language, but we get paid to work, and not fight with our boyfriends.

"Sì, amicizia. Fai il tuo lavoro e io ti aspetterò proprio qui." Elijah smirks, since he knows that he has won.

He throws himself upon the couch, that is positioned near the front of the store. I sigh deeply, massaging my temples with two of my fingers, before turning to Sandy.

"Non siamo una coppia." My sentence is blunt. We are not a couple.

She giggles slightly before replying, but I don't fail to notice the mischievous look that lingers in her eyes.

"Oh lo so. Avevo solo bisogno che voi ragazzi smetteste di litigare. Ma penso che voi due stareste così bene insieme." Oh, I know. I just needed you guys to stop arguing. But I think that you two would be so great together.

I grumble and mock Sandy for a few seconds before going to pick up the boxes filled with clothing items, that Mr. Fankrio had asked Sandy to tell me to un pack. A mouthful, I know.

When I am not running around, unpacking things, I am begging Sandy to tell me what my family do for a living. But she refuses to tell me. Her answer consists of a solid no, every time I ask. She almost seems afraid of what will happen if she tells me.

But I don't give up, because, like my father, I am stubborn.

At the end of my shift, I am close to sweating, which causes Sandy and Elijah to laugh. It is not funny. But I do end up taking Elijah out for ice cream at the same place we went, only days earlier. 'Bon Bon's Delights.'

The ice cream store is fun, and has a bunch of flavors. Eli and I made a deal. I pay for his ice cream, and he pays for mine. It seemed like a fair arrangement, and just to make sure that he lived up to it, I made him shake on it.

It felt great when our hands touched.

It ended up being a drama free day. The first one in a long few weeks.

A/N: Hey guys!!! Thank you so much for reading and for 5k reads. I hope that you all enjoy this chapter. If you did, please remember to vote, comment and keep reading. I love you all so much, and hope that you all read when I upload again tomorrow night. Byeeeee <<<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 5.8K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...
2.3K 94 10
I stepped into the doorway, turning back to look at him as he tucked his hands into his navy blue jean's pockets. Despite my obvious insecurity, I le...
101K 1.2K 25
He walks closer to me, pushing me back against his desk. "I'm going to throw you down and fuck you until you scream my fucking name." His fingers sli...
360K 9.2K 35
Cover made by: @_navyblueee_ "Pretty little things can be deadly too" I never understood pain until I was taken, and I didn't know love until they fo...